AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 January 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which Project of worth Rs. 112.96 crore undertook by Indian Railways for automatic identification & data collection of rolling stock with focus on improving the safety and reliability?
1) Radio-frequency identification (RFID) project
2) micro-frequency identification (MFID) project
3) Audio-frequency identification (AFID) project
4) Infra-red frequency identification (IrFID) project
5) Video-frequency identification (VFID) projectAnswer-1) Radio-frequency identification (RFID) project
Indian Railways undertook the Radio-frequency identification (RFID) project which aims for automatic identification & data collection of rolling stock with focus on improving the safety and reliability. Two works for the RFID project have been sanctioned by the Railway board worth Rs.112.96 Crores where coaches and wagons are to be RFID-tagged. It has features of Real time visibility of railway wagons through the National Rail Network(NRN) with the help of RFID technology.
- Dept. of Telecommunications has taken over the process of issuing IMEI number from Private Body Mobile Standard Alliance of India. IMEI is a __ digit serial number?
5) 16Answer-2) 15
The Department of Telecommunications (DoT), a department of the Ministry of Communications, has taken over the process of issuing and managing IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity), a special 15-digit serial number of mobile phones in the country, from private body MSAI (Mobile Standard Alliance of India). The government decided to develop a new system called “Indian Counterfeited Device Restriction (ICDR).
- Nagoba Jatara, the 2nd biggest tribal festival/Carnival of India celebrated in which Indian State?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) NagalandAnswer-4) Telangana
NagobaJatara is a festival which is prominently celebrated in Keslapur village, Indervelly Mandal, Adilabad district of Telangana. It is also the 2nd biggest tribal carnival and is celebrated by Mesaram clan of Gond tribes for nearly a month.
- Indian Railways has decided to provide Content on Demand(COD) to its passengers to enjoy uninterrupted free subscription based entertainment service such as movies, shows, educational programs during their journey in trains and railway stations from _____?
5) 2024Answer-3) 2022
The Indian Railways has decided to provide ‘Content on Demand Service (CoD)’ on trains and railway stations from 2022. With COD, passengers will be able to enjoy uninterrupted free subscription based entertainment service such as movies, shows, educational programs during their journey.
- Railtel has selected Margo Networks Private Limited as the Digital Entertainment Service Provider (DESP) to provide content on Demand(COD) to trains and stations. Margo Networks Private Limited is subsidiary of which Entertainment entity?
1) Sony Pitures Entertainment
2) Star Television Ltd.
3) Zee Entertainment
4) Sahara One media and Entertainment Ltd.
5) Saregama India Ltd.Answer-3) Zee Entertainment
RailTel has selected Zee Entertainment’s subsidiary Margo Networks Private Limited as the Digital Entertainment Service Provider (DESP) to provide COD to trains and stations. CoD will be available in all premium / express / mail trains as well as suburban trains. In this, content will be made available in both free / paid forms for a contract period of 10 years, including the first two years of implementation.
- Which Indian State’s Chief Minister launched State’s 1st Virtual police Station (in January 2020) following Andhra Pradesh?
2) Madhya Pradesh
5) GujaratAnswer-3) Odisha
On January 28, 2020, The Chief Minister (CM) of Odisha,Naveen Patnaik has inaugurated the state’s 1st virtual police station in Bhubaneswar, which will facilitate online registration of FIR (first information report) in an unknown motor vehicle theft cases.Virtual police station has been established at the State Crime Record Bureau.
- Under Pradhan MandriAwasYojana – Grameen (PMAU-G) the Central government aims to achieve housing for all by _________?
1) 31 March,2020
2) 15 August, 2020
3) 2 October, 2022
4) 31 March, 2022
5) 26 January, 2021Answer-4) 31 March, 2022
PMAU-G is an initiative by the Government of India in which affordable housing will be provided to the urban poor with a target of building 20 million affordable houses by 31 March 2022 which is also 75th year of Independence.
- Chief Minister of which Indian State has announced Direct Consent to Operate (CTO) scheme for green Industries in the state at 125year celebration of CII (Confederation of the Indian Industry) ?
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Tamil Nadu
The Tamil Nadu (TN) Chief Minister (CM) Shri Edappadi K Palaniswami, announced a new scheme, ‘Direct Consent to operate (CTO) scheme for green industries’ to get faster clearances from government for green category industries. The scheme was announced at the 125th year celebrations of the Confederation of the Indian Industry (CII) held in Chennai, TN.
- As per 9th edition of Tomton traffic Index 2019, Provided by Tomton a Dutch Multinational developer company which Indian state tops the list of most congested city of the world?
5) KolkataAnswer-1) Bengaluru
Tomtom, A Dutch multinational developer company has released its 9th edition of Tomtom Traffic Index 2019. As per the index, Bengaluru (Karnataka) emerged as the worst traffic congested cities in the world with 103% congestion. Along with Bengaluru, 3 other Indian Cities placed in top 10 are Mumbai (4), Pune (5), Delhi (8). Abu Dhabi is the least congested city with 10% congestion recorded.
- World Health Organization(WHO) has declared Global health emergency on which virus in January 2020?
1) Ebola Virus
2) Novel Corona Virus
3) Nipah Virus
4) Rubella Virus
5) Polio VirusAnswer-2) Novel Corona Virus
The World Health Organization (WHO) has declared novel Coronavirus(nCoV) as a global health emergency. This announcement was made as the outbreak which was more prominent in Hubei Province, Wuhan, China has now continued to spread to other countries too.
- Which Bank operating in India launched the tool ‘iBox’ first of its kind do 24*7 self service delivery at one of its branch in Mumbai (January 2020)?
1) State Bank of India (SBI)
2) Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI)
3) Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank
4) Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) Bank
5) Infrastructure Development Finance Company (IDFC) BankAnswer-3) Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India (ICICI) Bank
ICICI (Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank, an Indian financial institution, has launched first-of-its-kind 24×7 self-service delivery tool for customers called “iBox” at one of its branches in Mumbai, Maharashtra.Under this facility, customers will now be able to take their debit, credit card, check book and return check from the branch close to their home or office.The iBox terminals are installed outside the premises of the bank’s branches, which can be used even after the bank closes.
- The Indian Bank on January 2020 has launched credit products ‘Corporate Loan’ and “Ind Surya Shakthi/Indian Bank Solar” for which sector?
1) Food Processing Sector
2) Textile Sector
3) Power Sector
4) Agriculture Sector
5) Banking sectorAnswer-2) Textile Sector
On January 30, 2020 the Indian Bank has announced the launch of two tailor made credit products i.e., Corporate Loan and Ind Surya Shakthi/ Indian Bank Solar at the meeting held at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. Also the products will be available across the country for the benefit of the textile sector.
Corporate Loan: Under it, the loans will be offered at affordable interest rates.
Surya Shakthi: It is a term loan to set up roof-top solar power plants for captive consumption. This loan is expected to boost the renewable energy utilization culture in the textile sector.
- Which Technological Giant company commits $1 Million to Non Profit Organization “Internews” to promote news literacy among Indian public (January 2020)?
5) AmazonAnswer-4) Google
Google News Initiative (GNI), a cooperative effort between Google & a number of large traditional news media providers, has announced a $1 million grant for global non-profit organization ‘Internews’ that will launch a new initiative to promote news literacy among the Indian public.
- Which Insurance Company collaborated with Drone Federation of India (DFI) to provide Insurance cover to Drone Operators at Drone festival held in Delhi (January 2020)?
1) Acko General Insurance
2) Bajaj Allianz General Insurance Company
3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company
4) SBI General Insurance
5) Tata AIG General InsuranceAnswer-5) Tata AIG General Insurance
Drone Federation of India (DFI) has announced to collaborate with Tata AIG General Insurance Company Ltd (Tata AIG) for developing as well as launching insurance products for the drone operators. The announcement was made during the recently concluded Drone Festival of India at New Delhi.
- Chinese mobile communications company OPPO signed a MoU with which Indian Institute for research on 5G and Artificial Intelligence (January 2020)?
5) IIT-HyderabadAnswer-5) IIT-Hyderabad
Guangdong OPPO Mobile Telecommunications Corporation Ltd (commonly referred as OPPO), a Chinese consumer electronics and mobile communications company, has signed an MoU (memorandum of understanding) with the Indian Institute of Technology-Hyderabad (IIT-H), Telangana for research on new technologies such as 5th Generation (5G) and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
- Ministry of External Affairs recently (January 2020) appointed Shri Vinay Mohan Kwatra as Next ambassador of India to which south Asian nation?
5) Sri LankaAnswer-3) Nepal
As per the Ministry of External Affairs, Government of India (GoI), Shri Vinay Mohan Kwatra, a 1988 batch Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Nepal.He will replace Manjeev Singh Puri.
- Who among the following Journalist won 2nd edition of PEN GauriLankesh Award 2019 for Democratic Idealism instituted by South Indian Pen and Pen India?
1) Ravnish Kumar
2) P Mahamood
3) Yusuf Jameel
4) Prannoy Roy
5) Arnab GoswamiAnswer-3) Yusuf Jameel
Senior journalist Yusuf Jameel from Jammu &kashmir (J&K) won the 2019-20 PEN GauriLankesh Award for Democratic Idealism for his outstanding contribution in journalism.PEN South India and Pen Delhi have instituted the award in the name of editor late GauriLankesh, who was assassinated in 2017. The award carries a cash prize of Rs.1 lakh and a citation.The 1st edition was given to cartoonist P Mahamood in September 2018.
- Who is the first ever hockey player to win 6th edition ‘World Games Athlete of the Year Award 2019’?
1) Rani Rampal
2) Madhu Yadav
4) Gurjit Gaur
5) Neha GoyalAnswer-1) Rani Rampal
Indian Hockey women’s team captain and 2020 Padma Shri awardee Rani Rampal (Haryana) became the 1st ever hockey player to win the 2019’s ‘World Games Athlete of the Year ‘award. The announcement was made by International world games Association (IWGA).The award recognizes and honors an athlete or a team for their outstanding performance or for their social commitment or particularly, fair behavior.
- The 12th edition of South Asian Conference held at New Delhi on January 28-29, 2020. What is the Theme of the conference?
1) Theme: “Nation first”: Policy regional perceptions
2) Theme: “Brotherhood first”: Policy regional conspirators
3) Theme: “Neighbourhood first”: Policy regional perceptions
4) Theme: “Friendship first”: Policy regional perceptions
5) Theme: “Secuity first”: Policy regional conspiratorsAnswer-3) Theme: “Neighborhood first”: Policy regional perceptions
12th edition of the South Asia Conference at the Institute for Defence Studies and Analysis(IDSA) in New Delhi from January 28-29, 2020. The conference deals with issues related to economic cooperation for development, changing political context in India’s neighborhood etc.The theme of the conference was India’s “Neighbourhood First” Policy: Regional Perceptions. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh addressed this conference earlier and all members of SAARC and Myanmar participated in the conference.
- Telangana has emerged as Number 1 state in the ‘Decent work and economic growth’ category on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India index in 2019. Which Organization’s Indian office released SDG Index?
1) The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization(UNESCO)
2) The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF)
3) World Bank (WB)
4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
5) Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)Answer-4) United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
As per the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) India, India’s youngest state Telangana has emerged as Number 1 state in the ‘Decent work and economic growth’ category with the score of 82 on Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) India index in 2019.
- Where is the 9th edition of Joint Indo-Bangladesh Military Exercise “SAMPRITI-IX” going to be conducted at in the month, February 2020?
1) Babina, Uttar Pradesh
2) Pune, Maharashtra
3) Umroi, Meghalaya
4) Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
5) Chandimandir, HaryanaAnswer-3) Umroi, Meghalaya
As part of defence cooperation between India and Bangladesh, 9th edition of the joint Indo-Bangladesh military exercise named SAMPRITI-IX has been decided to be conducted at Umroi, Meghalaya from February 03-16, 2020. A Command Post Exercise (CPX) and a Field Training Exercise (FTX) will be conducted during SAMPRITI-IX
- Who is the 1st Indian women footballer recently signed up for Scottish Giants ‘Ranger FC (Football club)’ (January 2020)?
1) LoitongbamAshalata Devi
2) NgangomBala Devi
3) OinemBembem Devi
5) Ritu RaniAnswer-2) NgangomBala Devi
NgangomBala Devi, 29 years old from Manipur, has become the first Indian woman footballer to get a professional contract from Scottish giants ‘Rangers FC’ (Football Club) for 18-months and to play for jersey No.10 after a successful trial in November, 2019.Bala Devi is the Ranger’s first-ever Asian international footballer.
- Christine Margaret Sinclair becomes all-time top scorer with 185 goals in international soccer surpassed the record of American AbbyWambach (184 goals) in January 2020. She Belongs to which Nation?
1) United States of America
5) ArgentinaAnswer-4) Canada
Christine Margaret Sinclair, 36 years old, Canadian soccer player, became the all-time top scorer with 185 goals in international soccer. Sinclair surpassed the record of American AbbyWambach (original name Mary Abigail Wambach) who scored 184 goals.Sinclair scored her 185th goal against St. Kitts & Nevis national football team.
- Who has written the book ‘Calcutta nights’ which is the translation of ‘Raater Kolkata’ penned by Hemendra Kumar Roy?
1) U. R. Anandamurthy
4) Rajat Chaudhuri
5) Sunil GangopadhyayAnswer-4) Rajat Chaudhuri
RajatChaudhuri, translated the book “Calcutta nights” (originally ‘Raater Kolkata’) into English and was published by Niyogi Books. The book was first written in Bengali by Hemendra Kumar Roy, famous bengali writer and was published in 1923.
- The Indian Poet AjmalSultanpuri who passed away recently (in January 2020) is versed/composed his poems in which language?
5) KonkaniAnswer-2) Urdu
AjmalSultanpuri is an Indian poet in Urdu language, from Sultanpur. His native village is Harakhpur in Sultanpur district, Uttar Pradesh. He was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award by Uttar Pradesh Urdu Academy in March 2016, for his contribution to Urdu poetry.
- Matthew Satya Babu who died recently (January 2020) had Captained Indian team in which of the following sport ?
5) HockeyAnswer-1) Basket Ball
P Matthew Satya Babu, a former Indian basketball captain passed away at the age of 79 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN). He had represented India in the Asian Basketball Championship in Seoul, South Korea in 1967, Bangkok, Thailand in 1969 and Manila, Philippines in 1970.
- Assamese man Sashi Sharma who is in news recently (January 2020) belongs to which field?
4) Sand Art
5) Social ReformerAnswer-3) Literature
On January 29, 2020 Famous Assamese litterateur SashiSarma, 89 years old passed away at his home Nalbari, Assam due to age-related ailments.
Awards: Sarma had received Soviet Nehru Award in 1968 & the Sitanath Brahma Chowdhury Award from Assam Sahitya Sabha.
- 72nd National Martyrs’ day/Shaheendivas is observed on?
1) January 26
2) January 27
3) January 29
4) January 30
5) January 31Answer-4) January 30
The National Martyr’s Day is observed annually on January 30. The year 2020 marks the 72nd anniversary of the Martyr’s Day or Shaheed Divas to pay homage to the freedom fighters who lost their lives for India’s Independence from British rule.
- Which Union Minister Launched the Department of Personnel and Training’s‘online certificate course’ on Relevance of Gandhi in the Contemporary World?
1) Ramesh Pokhriyal
2) Smriti Zubin Irani
3) Piyush Goyal
4) Harhsimat Kaur Badal
5) Jitendra SinghAnswer-5) Jitendra Singh
The Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), Minister of State(MoS) in Prime Minister’s Office(PMO), Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh launched the Department of Personnel and Training’s (DoPT) online certificate course on “Relevance of Gandhi in the Contemporary World” at a function in New Delhi.
- Nitin Gadkari Launched the Special edition of ‘Khadi wrist Watches’, which entity has designed the watch in collaboration with KVIC?
5) CasioAnswer-4) Titan
Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH), Minister of Shipping(MoS) and Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MoMSME) Shri Nitin JairamGadkari launched limited edition series Kadhi wrist watches designed by Titan watches in collaboration with KVIC (Khadi and Village Industries Commission), in New Delhi. Khadi has been used on the dial and strap of the watches for the first time ever.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the headquarters of International World Games Association (IWGA) located ? Answer-Lausanne, Switzerland
- Who is the Managing Director(MD) and Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Tata AIG General Insurance Company ? Answer-Neelesh Garg
- Who is the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Google ? Answer-Sundar Pichai
- What is the tagline of Indian Bank ? Answer-Taking Banking Technology to the Common Man, Your own bank, Your Tech-friendly bank
- Where is the headquarters of RailTel Corporation of India located ? Answer-Gurugram, Haryana
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/january-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try January Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]