Welcome to Online Current Affairs February 7 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 February
- With which country, India signed a protocol on February 6, 2017 to amend the existing bilateral taxation treaty for Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion?
D.GermanyAnswer – C.Austria
India and Austria signed a protocol on February 6, 2017 to amend the existing bilateral taxation treaty for Avoidance of Double Taxation and the Prevention of Fiscal Evasion. The protocol will broaden the scope of the existing framework of exchange of tax related information. This will help to curb tax evasion and tax avoidance between the two nations as well as enable mutual assistance in relation to collecting taxes.
- Where was the 17th session of the BIMSTEC senior officials’ meeting held on February 7, 2017?
D.KathmanduAnswer – D.Kathmandu
The 17th session of the senior officials’ meeting of the BIMSTEC was held on February 7, 2017 in Kathmandu. The delegates of the seven member nations attended the meeting to review the progress made by the Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC). The session of the BIMSTEC-SOM was chaired by Shanker Das Bairagi, Foreign Secretary and Head of Nepali Delegation. India was led by Secretary (East) Ms. Preeti Saran.
- What is the capital of Israel?
D.CairoAnswer – B.Jerusalem
Capital: Jerusalem, Currency: Israeli new shekel, President: Reuven Rivlin, Prime minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- .Which state government has launched an award system on February 6, 2017 to reward its government employees for their hard work and innovation and encourage good governance in the state?
D.GoaAnswer – A.Arunachal Pradesh
The state government of Arunachal Pradesh launched the Arunachal Civil Service Awards on February 6, 2017 in a bid to encourage good governance in the state. Through the award, the government aims to improve the work culture and boost the morale of government employees by recognising their hard work and innovation. The award consists of a medal, a scroll and cash awards of Rs 1 lakh for an individual and Rs 5 lakh for an organization or a group.
- In which Indian city was the 23rd International Conference & Exhibition on Terrestrial & Satellite Broadcasting held?
D.New DelhiAnswer – D.New Delhi
The 23rd session of the International Conference & Exhibition on Terrestrial & Satellite Broadcasting was held at the Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, New Delhi from February 2- February 4, 2017. The event was organized by the Broadcast Engineering Society (India). The theme of the event was Hybrid Technologies in Broadcasting – New Opportunities. Over 300 companies from 25 countries participate to display their products in BES EXPO 2017.
- The India’s first social innovation centre the ‘Kakatiya Hub For Social Innovation’ has been launched in which state on February 6, 2017?
D.KeralaAnswer – C.Telangana
The Telangana government launched India’s first social innovation centre the ‘Kakatiya Hub For Social Innovation’ in Nizamabad on February 6, 2017. The launch was announced at the one-day Development Dialogue, an international social entrepreneurship ecosystem conference hosted by Kakatiya Sandbox. The social hub has been funded by the Telangana government and will be implemented through Kakatiya Sandbox which is a centre that encourages entrepreneurship and innovation modelled after Deshpande Foundation’s Hubli Sandbox.
- Which country will host the 4th BIMSTEC Summit in 2017?
D.Sri LankaAnswer – B.Nepal
The Prime Minister of Nepal, Pushpa Kamal Dahal informed during the 17th BIMSTEC-SOM meeting in Kathmandu on February 7, 2017 that the 4th BIMSTEC Summit would be hosted by Nepal in 2017. Earlier in 2016, the 4th Summit was scheduled to be held in Nepal, but due to some political reasons, Kathmandu was unable to host the event last year. Besides, being the head of the group, its Nepal turn to host the Summit.
- The Odisha State Forest and Environment department on January 20, 2017 sighted ______ endangered Irrawaddy dolphins in the state water bodies.
D.410Answer – A.181
According to a new census carried out by the Odisha State Forest and Environment department on January 20, 2017 in, the team has sighted as many as 181 endangered Irrawaddy dolphins in the state. Besides, 34 Humpback dolphins, 31 bottlenose dolphins and 5 pantropical spotted dolphins were also sighted. However, the total dolphins sighted are significantly lower compared to prior census conducted in 2015 when the team found 450 Dolphins. Out of this the Irrawaddy dolphins accounted to 206.
- Which housing finance company has signed an MoU with CREDAI West Bengal on February 6, 2017 to train 1000 construction workers in Kolkata?
A.PNB Housing Finance Limited
B.Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd
C.Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd
D.LIC Housing Finance LtdAnswer – A.PNB Housing Finance Limited
The PNB Housing Finance Limited (PNBHFL) and CREDAI West Bengal, has signed an MoU on February 6, 2017, wherein CREDAI-Bengal would train 1000 construction workers in Kolkata and nearby villages. The MoU aims to address the need to speed up the construction pace for quicker delivery and hand-overs. For providing the training CREDAI-Bengal would set up permanent skill development centres in Medinipur and Murshidabad. These places have huge concentration of construction workers.
- How much amount of financial assistance would be provided to the pregnant woman of the tea garden areas as proposed in the Assam Budget 2017-18 of the state?
D.Rs. 9000Answer – B.Rs. 12000
The budget has proposed to give Rs 5000 to each tea garden worker in his or her bank account. Rs. 287 allocated for this. It also proposes to set up Pravasi Asomiya Department.Each pregnant woman of garden areas would be given a one-time payment of Rs. 12000.
- A committee has been constituted by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare to achieve the target of doubling of income of farmers by March ____________
D.2021Answer – A.2022
Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare has constituted a committee under the chairmanship of its Additional Secretary to achieve the target of doubling the income of farmers by March 2022. The function of the committee would be to study the current income level of farmers and agricultural laborers, to measure the historical growth rate of the current income level, to determine the needed growth rate to double the income of farmers/ agricultural laborers by the year 2021-22 and to consider and recommend various strategies to be adopted.
- As per the Budget 2017-18 of Assam, how much amount has been proposed to increase the production of Muga silk?
A.Rs. 200 crore
B.Rs. 225 crore
C.Rs. 100 crore
D.Rs. 150 croreAnswer – C.Rs. 100 crore
Rs 100 crore to increase Muga silk production in Assam. To encourage Khadi, Minister has proposed an annual assistance of Rs 1,000 to each employee to spent on two sets of Khadi or handloom apparel In order to help the film industry of the State, the budget proposed a subsidy of Rs 50 Lakh for reopening of closed cinema halls and Rs 25 Lakh for renovation of existing/functional cinema halls.
- Name the Indian National Army veteran and Netaji Bose’s driver cum guard who died on February 6, 2017 at the age of 116?
A.Colonel Tez Bahadur
B.Colonel Abdul Quadir
D.Colonel NizamuddinAnswer – D.Colonel Nizamuddin
Indian National Army veteran ‘Colonel’ Nizamuddin died in his native village of Dhakwa in Azamgarh on February 6, 2017. He was 116. Nizamuddin had also served as the driver and guard of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. ‘Colonel’ Nizamuddin was one of the most trusted lieutenants of Netaji. He had served in the Indian National Army from 1943-45.
- The reservation for the Other Backward Class (OBC) in the higher educational institutions in the state of Assam has been increased from 15 percent to ______ percent.
D.22 percentAnswer – A.29 Percent
The budget has proposed to increase Other Backward Class (OBC) reservation in the higher educational institutions from 15 percent to 29 percent.
- Which country has been banned from participating in the 2017 London World Athletics Championships due to state sponsor doping scandal?
D.Great BritainAnswer – C.Russia
The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF), the World Governing Body for Track and Field events, on February 6, 2017 informed that Russia has been barred from the 2017 summer World Athletics Championships in London. Russia has been barred from international competition since November 2015 following a damaging report alleging that state-sponsored doping was prevailing in the country.
- 98 years old Freedom fighter Racharla Samrajyam who died on February 6, 2017 was born in which state?
C.Jammu & Kashmir
D.KarnatakaAnswer – B.Andhra Pradesh
Freedom Fighter Racharla Samrajyam, died on February 6, 2017 in Visakhapatanam. She was 98. Samrajyam was born on April 26, 1919 at Rajahmundry, Andhra Pradesh. She was the younger sister of the social reformer Gora. In 1942, while undergoing her Hindi Pracharak training at Anantapur, she was inspired by the Quit India Movement. Therefore, she quit the training programme and joined the Quit India Movement.
- Who is the winner of the 81st Senior National Badminton Championship 2017 in Men’s single category?
B.Satwik Sai Raj
D.Sourabh VermaAnswer – D.Sourabh Verma
Sourabh Verma defeated Lakshya Sen 21-13, 21-12 to clinch the Men’s Singles title in the 81st Senior National Badminton Championships held in Patna on February 7, 2017. In the women’s singles category, second seed Rituparna Das beat Reshma Karthik 21-12, 21-14 to clinch the championship.
- Which northeastern state of India became the first state to implement an e-Cabinet solution for the state cabinet members on February 7, 2016?
D.TripuraAnswer – C.Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh became the first state in the northeast to implement e-Cabinet solution for the state cabinet members. Using this system, the cabinet members can access the cabinet notes before the meeting. The entire business of the Cabinet can be conducted using the e-Cabinet solution. “e-Cabinet is a powerful tool that the Arunachal Pradesh government plans to use to streamline its decision-making process”.
- China has surpassed which country to become the world’s largest producer of solar energy?
D.USAAnswer – C.Germany
China has surpassed Germany to become the world’s largest producer of solar energy after nearly doubling its installed photovoltaic capacity in 2016. With the increased capacity, China generated 66.2 billion kilowatt-hours of energy last year, which however accounted for only 1% of its electrical output. The country further plans to double its current solar energy capacity by 2020.
- Which bank has partnered with Fin-tech startup IndiaLends to enable the first time borrowers with no credit history to take loans?
D.RBL BankAnswer – C.IDFC Bank
Private sector lender IDFC Bank has collaborated with fintech startup IndiaLends to enable first time borrowers who do not have a credit history to take loans. Loan requests by salaried applicants without credit history will now be processed on a real time basis. The unique solution is being offered through a tie-up with IndiaLends, a financial technology startup.