AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 22 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Union Minister of State (MoS) for shipping Mansukh Mandaviya has inaugurated India’s 1st floating jetty at which Indian state?
5) KeralaAnswer-3) Goa
Union Minister of State for shipping Mansukh Mandaviya, inaugurated the India’s first floating jetty on the banks of Mandovi river, Goa and also an immigration facility office at a cruise terminal in Vasco, Goa.
- The MSME ministry has launched the National Level Awareness Programme (NLAP) 2020 to spread awareness about the schemes & Activities of the ministry. Who is the present MSME ministry?
1) Ravi Shankar Prasad
2) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
3) Sadananda Gowda
4) Prakash Javadekar
5) Ramvilas PaswanAnswer-2) Nitin Jairam Gadkari
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSME) has launched a National Level Awareness Programme (NLAP) 2020 from february 17, 2020 to february 28, 2020. The Union Minister for MSME is Nitin Gadkari.
- The 2-day long 1st ever Bharat-Bangla tourism festival held at (Feb 20-21,2020)?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
3) Dispur, Assam
4) Agartala, Tripura
5) Imphal, ManipurAnswer-4) Agartala, Tripura
The first-ever 2 days long Bharat-Bangla Paryatan Utsav 2020 (Tourism Festival) was held at Ujjayanta Palace in Agartala, Tripura from February 20-21, 2020 to boost the Tripura tourism sector.
- The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh, laid foundation of the new Army headquarters building in Delhi. The new Army headquarters is named as _________?
1) Swaraj Bhavan
2) Shastri Bhawan
3) Thal Sena Bhawan
4) Vayu Bhawan
5) Nau Sena BhawanAnswer-3) Thal Sena Bhawan
Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh laid the foundation stone of the Army Headquarters new building “Thal Sena Bhawan” in Delhi Cantonment. The Army Headquarters is currently housed in the iconic South Block at Raisina Hill, Delhi.
- Which Union ministry runs ‘Jiyo parsi scheme’ with the aim to increase the population of parsi community?
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Home Affairs
3) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Minority affairs
5) Ministry of Statistics and Programme ImplementationAnswer-4) Ministry of Minority affairs
According to the Union Minister of Minority Affairs, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, the population of Parsis (Zoroastrians), a notified minority community under National Commission of Minorities Act 1992, increased by 233 since the year 2013, when the government launched the Jiyo Parsi scheme.
- As per Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, which city ranked top in smart city mission that is paired with Chandigarh in 100-day challenge for the backward cities (as sister city) to enhance their position by June 25, 2020?
5) BhopalAnswer-1) Ahmedabad
The central Government has come up with a 20-20 model according to which top 20 cities will be paired with the bottom 20 cities. In order to implement this mission in successful way, the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) has launched a 100-day challenge for the backward cities to enhance their position by June 25,2020, the 5th anniversary of Smart Cities Mission. The top ranked Ahmedabad has been paired with Chandigarh which is ranked 81st. Port Blair standing on 96th spot has been given Nagpur, which is rank 2.
- The National organic food festival for Women entrepreneurs held at Jawaharlal Nehru stadium, New Delhi (Feb 2020). What is the theme of the festival?
1) Healthy food, Organic food
2) Organic market, The future agricultural development
3) Organic market for women entrepreneurs
4) Good for Women; Good for India; Good for You
5) Unleashing India’s Organic Market PotentialAnswer-5) Unleashing India’s Organic Market Potential
Union Food Processing Minister Harsimrat Kaur Badal and Union Minister of Women and Child Development inaugurated National Organic Food Festival for women entrepreneurs at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi. The theme of the festival is ‘Unleashing India’s Organic Market Potential’.
- Name the Railway station, where Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (IRSDC) has installed India’s 1st squat machine in a station as part of ‘Fit India’ initiative?
1) Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus
2) Howrah Junction railway station
3) Thiruvananthapuram Central railway station
4) Anand Vihar Railway Station
5) Chennai Central railway stationAnswer-4) Anand Vihar Railway Station
To promote the Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi-led “Fit India” initiative, Indian Railway Stations Development Corporation (IRSDC) has installed a India’s 1st squat machine at Anand Vihar Railway Station in Delhi, where a person who performs 30 squats in 3 minutes (or 180 seconds) will get a platform ticket for free.
- Which Indian state government has proposed (in state budget) ‘Samruddha Krishi Niti-2020’ to increase the income of farmers?
1) West Bengal
5) OdishaAnswer-5) Odisha
Odisha Finance Minister Niranjan Pujari with Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik presented the annual budget 2020-21 for Rs 1.5 Lakh crore, in 2019-20 for Rs 1.39 lakh crore. The budget is termed as paperless ‘Green Budget’, an initiative under 5T action plan to reduce printing of 75Lakhs pages hence to save around 1000 trees. To increase the income of farmers ‘Samruddha Krishi Niti-2020’ has been proposed.
- Which Indian state government has launched the Atal kisan – Majdoor canteens to provide affordable meals to the farmers (Rs. 10 per plate)?
5) GujaratAnswer-2) Haryana
According to the Haryana Governor Satyadeo Narain Arya, the state Government will open Atal Kisan – Majdoor canteens (named after former Prime minister (PM) late Atal Bihari Vajpayee) in the ‘mandis’ and sugar mills across the state to provide affordable, cheap meals to farmers and labourers at concessional rate of Rs 10 per plate.
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF) has announced, Pakistan will continue in grey list for another 4 months. The Headquarters of FATF located at?
1) New York, United States
2) Beijing, China
3) Paris, France
4) London, United Kingdom
5) Vienna, AustriaAnswer-3) Paris, France
The Paris based Financial Action Task Force (FATF), an organization that monitors the financing of international terrorism, gave a 4-month extension to Pakistan & warned of action for its failure to combat money laundering and terror financing.
- As per RBI’s 5-year National Strategy for Financial Inclusion (2019-2024), Public credit registry (PCR) made fully operational by _______?
1) March 2020
2) January 2021
3) April 2021
4) March 2022
5) July 2022Answer-4) March 2022
In order to promote financial literacy among customers and to provide access to formal financial services in an affordable manner, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has released a National Strategy for Financial Inclusion (NSFI) 2019-24. The strategy has been prepared by Financial Inclusion Advisory Committee (FIAC) of the RBI. As per the report, the public credit registry (PCR) has to be made fully operational by March 2022.
- As per RBI’s 5-year National Strategy for Financial Inclusion (2019-2024), Every adult enrolled under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dan Yojana (PMJDY) should be enrolled under an insurance scheme and pension scheme by ____?
1) June 2021
2) June 2020
3) April 2020
4) March 2020
5) March 2021Answer-4) March 2020
As per RBI’s 5-year National Strategy for Financial Inclusion (2019-2024), by March 2020, every adult enrolled under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) should be enrolled under an insurance scheme and pension scheme.
- As per World Bank’s report titled ‘Delivering Road Safety in India’ what is the extra estimated cost investment needed to half road crash fatalities in India?
1) $98 billion
2) $119 billion
3) $91 billion
4) $109 billion
5) $113 billionAnswer-4) $109 billion
The report, Delivering Road Safety in India, by World Bank was released during the conference. It stated India needs to invest an estimated extra $109 billion in road safety to halve its road crash fatalities. The India road safety report is part of a regional report, Road Safety in South Asia: Opportunities for Shared Regional Initiatives. This will bring economic benefits equivalent annually to 3.7% of GDP.
- What is the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) of India for the year 2019-20 as per the National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER)?
5) 5.6%Answer-4) 4.9%
National Council of Applied Economic Research (NCAER), a New Delhi based non-profit think tank of economics, has estimated India’s economic growth rate to be 4.9 % for the current Financial year-FY 2019-20, which is lower than the 5 % estimation by the National Statistical Office (NSO). NCAER has expressed the hope that in the year 2020-21, the country’s growth rate can be up to 5.6%.
- The Sweden’s Riksbank (Central Bank) has begun the testing of world’s 1st Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) version named _________?
5) e-WonAnswer-4) e-Krona
Sveriges Riksbank (or simply the Riksbank), the central bank of Sweden, had begun testing its digital version of currency, e-krona. If this year-long pilot project successful, this would lead to the creation of world’s 1st central bank digital currency(CBDC).
- Recently (Feb 2020), with which country India signed MoU for the up-gradation of infrastructure in plantation schools for estate workers of Indian origin?
2) Sri Lanka
5) MyanmarAnswer-2) Sri Lanka
India and Sri Lanka have signed a MoU (Memorandum of Understanding) for up-gradation of infrastructure in plantation schools for estate workers of Indian origin.
- Who has been appointed as new chairman of USIBC’s (US – India Business Council) global board of directors (Feb 2020)?
1) Mahesh Palashikar
2) Nisha Biswal
3) Prakash H Mehta
4) Ashu Khullar
5) Vijay AdvaniAnswer-5) Vijay Advani
US-India Business Council (USIBC) appointed Vijay Advani as a new chairman of its Global board of directors. USIBC represents the top global companies across the United States, India and Indo-Pacific.
- Which Indian company/Firm has won Best In-house Direct Tax Team of the year award in BRICS CCI’s 2nd edition of Annual Direct Tax Summit & Awards 2020?
1) Amara Raja Group
2) TVS Group
3) Dharampal Satyapal Group
4) Avantha Group
5) Aditya Birla GroupAnswer-3) Dharampal Satyapal Group
BRICS Chamber of Commerce & Industry (CCI) organised the 2nd edition of Annual Direct Tax Summit & Awards 2020 in union with Achromic Point an international consulting firm. The Award aimed to resolve the issues related to direct tax and its implications. Dharampal Satyapal Limited won the award for Best In-house Direct Tax Team of the year.
- Manoj Kumar who is in news recently (Feb 2020) is a _______?
5) Law MakerAnswer-1) Actor
Famous actor Manoj Kumar, 82 years old, has been felicitated by the World Book of Records (WBR), London, with the WBR Golden Era of Bollywood honour for highlighting patriotic, social and cultural feelings through his contribution to Indian Cinema.
- The 9th Defence and Security Expert group meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) was held at which country (Feb 19-20,2020)?
1) New Delhi, India
2) Beijing, China
3) Moscow, Russia
4) Islamabad, Pakistan
5) Nur-Sultan, KazakhstanAnswer-4) Islamabad, Pakistan
The two day long 9th Defence and Security Expert Working Group (EWG) meeting of Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) was held in Islamabad, Pakistan from February 19 to 20 to discuss different aspects of cooperation between the SCO member states and regional security.
- The 3rd Global ministerial conference on Road safety with the theme ’Achieving Global Goals 2030’ held at?
1) Stockholm, Sweden
2) Oslo, Norway
3) Berlin, Germany
4) Hague, Netherlands
5) London, United KingdomAnswer-1) Stockholm, Sweden
The 3rd Global Ministerial Conference on Road Safety with theme “Achieving Global Goals 2030” was held in Stockholm, Sweden on 19–20 February 2020. It was hosted by Government of Sweden in collaboration with World Health Organization (WHO.
- Name the IRCTC’s chatbot service, which is upgraded to Hindi language to converse with the Railway customers (earlier in English language only)?
1) RAIL DRISHTI
3) Railway Buddy
5) ASKMEAnswer-2) ASKDISHA
Indian Railways Catering & Tourism Corporation Limited (IRCTC) upgraded ASKDISHA (Digital Interaction to Seek Help Anytime) in Hindi language by voice as well as text in order to enhance the customer services and also converse with customers in the e-ticketing site (www.irctc.co.in). The ASKDISHA chatbot was initially launched in English language.
- Hockey player Alex Danson-Bennett who announced retirement from the sport recently (Feb 2020) belongs to which country?
3) Great Britain
5) NetherlandsAnswer-3) Great Britain
Great Britain Women’s field hockey captain Alex Danson-Bennett, 34 years old, announced her retirement from the sport due to head injury.
- Name the country which is going to host the new edition of AIBA (International Boxing Association) world cup 2020?
5) MexicoAnswer-1) Russia
Russia will be the 1st country to host the new format of AIBA (International Boxing Association) Team World Cup 2020 which was approved by AIBA Executive committee members, at the meeting held at Budapest, Hungary, Europe. The Boxing tournament will be coinciding with the 75th anniversary of the victory in World War II under the motto “Boxing for Peace”.
- Name the Indian football club, which becomes 1st ever Indian club to qualify for group stage of AFC (Asian Football Club) champions league (2021 edition)?
1) Mohun Bagan AC
2) Bengaluru FC
3) Chennaiyin FC
4) FC Goa
5) FC Pune cityAnswer-4) FC Goa
FC Goa, an Indian professional football club (FC) has created new history in Indian football when it defeated Jamshedpur FC in an Indian Super League (ISL 2019-20)) match to become the 1st Indian club to qualify for the group stage of the AFC (Asian Football Confederation) Champions League 2021.
- The Theme of world Thinking Day 2020 is “Diversity, Equity and Inclusion”. The World Thinking Day celebrated every year on?
1) February 24
2) February 19
3) February 18
4) February 22
5) February 21Answer-4) February 22
Each year on February 22 Girl Scouts and Girl Guides from 150 countries celebrate World Thinking Day. The theme of World Thinking Day 2020 is “Diversity, Equity and Inclusion”. The day is observed in the memory of Scouting and Guiding Founder Lord Baden-Powell and his wife Lady Olave Baden-Powell.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where does Ranthambhore National Park locate at? Answer-Rajasthan
Recently in February 2020 the member of the National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA) Diya Kumari has written to Environment minister that 26 tigers are missing in the National park.
- Which Stadium going to host India’s FIFA WC qualifier against Qatar? Answer-Kalinga Stadium, Odisha
- Who is the present minority affairs minister? Answer-Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- What is the capital and currency of Sri Lanka? Answer-Capital – Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte & Currency – Sri Lankan rupee.
- Where is the headquarters of BRICS located at? Answer-Shanghai, China
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/february-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try February Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]