AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 February 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- The 2nd BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise with the themes “A cultural heritage site that suffers severe damage in the Earthquake” & “Flooding or Strom” held at which Indian state (Feb 11-13, 2020)?
2) West Bengal
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
5) GujaratAnswer-1) Odisha
The “2nd BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise-2020 (BIMSTEC DMEx-2020)” was held at Bhubaneswar/Puri, Odisha from 11-13 February, 2020 with themes “A cultural heritage site that suffers severe damage in the Earthquake” & “Flooding or Storm”. Organized by National Disaster Response Force (NDRF), on behalf of the Government of India, BIMSTEC DMEx-2020 was inaugurated by Chief Minister Odisha, Shri Naveen Patnaik on Feb 11, 2020.
- The 20th Hunar Haat showcases the handmade indigenous products of master artisans and craftsman to be held at New Delhi with the theme “Kaushal ko kaam” in February 13, 2020. The Hunar Haat is the initiative of which Indian Ministry?
1) Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Culture
4) Ministry of Minority Affairs
5) Ministry of Rural DevelopmentAnswer-4) Ministry of Minority Affairs
The 20th ‘Hunar Haat’, an initiative of the Minority Affairs Ministry, showcases handmade indigenous products of master artisans and craftsmen are made available to the people, will be held from February 13-23, 2020 based on the theme of “Kaushal Ko Kaam” at India Gate Lawns, Rajpath, New Delhi.
- Which Indian state hosts “CLIMFISHCON-2020” the International conference on climate change and ocean health in February 2020 with the theme “Climate change-effective adaptation for a secure Future”?
2) West Bengal
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-3) Kerala
The “CLIMISHCON” is a Four-day International Conference on changes in Hydrological cycle, Ocean ecosystem, Fisheries and Food security due to Global climate change. And the conference is going to be held at the Le Meridian Convention center in Kochi, Kerala from February 11 to February 14, 2020. the Theme for the conference is ‘Climate Change-Effective Adaptation for a Secure Future’.
- Union Health Ministry has issued notification declaring all the medical devices used on Human & Animal as “Drugs” under which Act?
1) Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
2) Society registration Act, 1960
3) The drug and cosmetics rules, 1945
4) Indian medical council Act, 1956
5) The drugs control Act, 1950Answer-1) Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940
In order to ensure all medical devices is of the same standard & quality, the Union Health Ministry has issued a notification declaring all medical devices used on humans or animals as the category of “drugs”. This notification, effective from April 1, 2020, was made in accordance with sub-clause (iv) of clause (b) of section 3 of the Drugs and Cosmetics Act, 1940.
- Government of India has decided to rename the National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad, Haryana. The NIFM will be named after which Indian Former Finance minister?
1) Yashwant Sinha
2) Pranab Mukherjee
3) Arun Jaitley
4) Manmohan Singh
5) Jaswant SinghAnswer-3) Arun Jaitley
The Government of India decided to rename the National Institute of Financial Management (NIFM), Faridabad, Haryana, as “Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM).
- Which Indian city going to get the largest air quality monitoring network in India (February 2020)?
1) New Delhi
5) KolkataAnswer-4) Mumbai
The Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) will develop an air quality monitoring network across 90 locations in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It will be the largest network in India.
- Which organization has collaborated with Zonal cultural centres of cultural ministry to compile the National list of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH)?
1) The Drama School Mumbai
2) Sangeet Natak Academy
3) The Shiamak Dance Academy
4) Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute
5) Sangam Academy of MusicAnswer-2) Sangeet Natak Academy
Sangeet Natak Akademi (SNA) has collaborated with Zonal Cultural Centers of Culture Ministry to prepare a list of ICH elements for the National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH). The information was provided by the Union Minister of State (I/c) of Culture and Tourism, Shri Prahlad Singh Patel.
- Former Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid recently inaugurated Salem Cricket Foundation (SCF) in Feb 2020. Salem is the district in which Indian state/UT?
1) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-1) Tamil Nadu
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Edappadi K. Palaniwami along with National Cricket Academy Head and Former Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid inaugurated the Salem Cricket Foundation (SCF) ground at Valapadi, Salem in Tamil Nadu.
- Which Indian state signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with 11 Agricultural Institutions to help farmers in February 2020?
3) Andhra Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-3) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh (AP) Government (govt.) signed MoU (Memorandum of Understandings) with 11 agricultural institutions in the country to establish revolutionary changes in the agriculture sector through technology & sustainable increase in farmers’ income using organic and natural farming processes.
- Which Indian state’s cabinet approves the Ground Water Act 2020 which aims to improve the falling level of the ground water (Feb 2020)?
1) Himachal Pradesh
2) Uttar Pradesh
4) West Bengal
5) MaharashtraAnswer-2) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh (UP) state Cabinet, chaired by its Chief Minister(CM) Yogi Adityanath has approved the Ground Water Act-2020 with the aim to improve the falling level of ground water. The cabinet has also approved the provisions of penalty and punishment against the person who contaminate the ground water level.
- World Health Organization (WHO) has renamed the deadly coronavirus from China as ‘COVID-19’. What is ‘D’ in COVID-19 refers?
5) DemolishAnswer-2) Disease
UN (United Nations) health agency, the WHO (World Health Organization) has officially renamed Coronavirus as ‘COVID-19’ [“co” stands for “corona”, “vi” for “virus” and “d” for “disease”, while “19” was for the year, as the outbreak was first originated in China’s Wuhan area in December 2019].
- The Union Ministry of Finance has released the notification of “Printing one-rupee currency note rules, 2020”. The One rupee note feature will have the signature of _____?
1) Shaktikanta Das
2) Niramala Sitharaman
3) Rajiv Kumar
4) Ajay Bhusan Pandey
5) Atanu ChakrabortyAnswer-5) Atanu Chakraborty
The Union Ministry of Finance has notified ‘Printing of One Rupee Currency Notes Rules, 2020’ which will feature bilingual signature of Shri Atanu Chakraborty, Secretary, Ministry of Finance. It shall be rectangular 9.7 x 6.3 cms, with its paper made of 100% (cotton) rag content. The note will be 110 microns thick, weighing 90 GSM (Grams per Square Meter). The color of the note – pink green, the design surrounding will be of the Sagar Samrat, which is an oil exploration rig.
- As per Finance Minister, the Public Sector Bank(PSB) recovers record of Rs. _____ lakh crore in last 18 months (March 2018 – September 2019)?
5) 2.29Answer-3) 2.03
The Finance Minister informed that bad loans of PSBs stood at ₹7.27 lakh crore at the end of September 2019, down from ₹8.96 lakh crore at the end of March 2018. She also added Record recovery of ₹2.03 lakh crore over the one-and-half year period ending September 2019, 12 out of 18 PSBs reporting profit in the first half of the current financial year, and the highest provision coverage ratio in seven-and-half years.”
- The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) published draft framework to set up new Pan-India New Umbrella Entity (NUE) for retail payment systems. It will be incorporated under which act ?
1) Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934
2) The Banking Regulation Act, 1949
3) Companies Act, 2013
4) The Banking Companies (Legal Practitioner Clients’ Accounts) Act, 1949
5) Companies Act, 1956Answer-3) Companies Act, 2013
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) published draft framework to set up new Pan-India New Umbrella Entity (NUE) for retail payment systems. It will be incorporated under the Companies Act, 2013 and will be given authorization by Reserve Bank of India (RBI) under Section 4 of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (PSS Act). RBI has invited comments on the draft framework from all stakeholders.
- According to Reserve Bank of India (RBI) data on ‘Outward Foreign Direct Investment’ (OFDI) India’s foreign investment rose by _____% to USD 2.10 Billion in January 2020.
5) 40Answer-5) 40
According to Reserve Bank of India(RBI) on RBI data on ‘Outward Foreign Direct Investment (OFDI), India ‘s Foreign investment rose by nearly 40 per cent to USD 2.10 billion on a yearly basis in January 2020. In Previous year 2019, Indian companies had invested USD 1.47 billion in their overseas ventures.
- Which Indian bank has won “Most customer centric bank using technology” and “Best Payments Initiative” awards in 15th Indian Banks’ Associations’ Banking Technology awards 2020?
1) ICICI Bank
2) South Indian Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Axis Bank
5) Yes BankAnswer-2) South Indian Bank
Indian Bank Association’s 15th Annual Banking Technology Conference, Expo and Awards 2020 held in Mumbai, Maharashtra in that South Indian Bank Has Bagged Six Awards at the Banking Technology category. South Indian Bank emerged winner in the ‘Most Customer Centric Bank Using Technology’ category and runner up in the ‘Best Payments Initiative’ category for Small Banks.
- The 33rd edition of African Union (AU) heads of state summit 2020 held at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in February 2020. What is the theme of the Summit?
1) “The Year of Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons: Towards Forced displacement in Africa”
2) “Silencing the Guns: Creating Conducive Conditions for Africa’s Development”
3) “Winning the Fight Against Corruption: A Sustainable Path to Africa’s Transformation”
4) “Harnessing the Demographic Dividend through Investments in Youth”
5) “Human Rights with a particular focus on the Rights of Women”Answer-2) “Silencing the Guns: Creating Conducive Conditions for Africa’s Development”
A 2-day long 33rd African Union (AU) Heads of State Summit 2020 under the theme “Silencing the Guns: Creating Conducive Conditions for Africa’s Development” was held in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. President of the Republic of South Africa, Cyril Ramaphosa, is the newly elected Chairperson of the African Union for one year. He replaces Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved the Joint venture between Mahindra & Mahindra and which other company valued at $275million for projects in India?
2) Tata motors
3) Ford Motor
4) Hyundai India
5) Honda CarsAnswer-3) Ford Motor
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the Joint Venture (JV) between Mahindra & Mahindra and Ford Motor and transfer of automotive business of Ford India to JV. In October 2019, Mahindra & Mahindra and the US-based Ford Motor Company had signed an agreement to create a JV in India valued at $275 million.
- Which Indian Company sold 25.1% of its electricity arm company to Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) for Rs. 3, 220 Crore?
1) Adani Transmission
2) JSW Energy Ltd
3) Tata Power Co. Ltd.
4) Suzlon Energy
5) Reliance Power LimitedAnswer-1) Adani Transmission
Adani Transmission has sold 25.1% stake in its arm Adani Electricity Mumbai Limited (AEML) to Qatar Investment Authority (QIA) for approximately Rs. 3220 crores.
- Which country has approved the sale of Integrated Air Defence Weapon system to India for an estimated cost of $1.867 Billion (Feb 2020)?
5) United StatesAnswer-5) United States
The United States of America, President Donald Trump’s Administration has approved the sale of an Integrated Air Defence Weapon System (IADWS) to India for an Estimated cost of USD 1.867 billion announced by the Defence Security Co-operation Agency(DSCA) part of United States Department of Defence.
- Which is the first Indian Aerospace Private firm to build the foreign owned satellites to the customers of Sweden and France?
1) Larson & Toubro
2) Ananth Technologies
3) TRANSPACE Technologies
4) Dhruva Space
5) ASTRO-INDIAAnswer-2) Ananth Technologies
Aerospace firm Ananth technologies (ATL), Hyderabad, has signed a deal to build 6 foreign-owned satellites in India. This is the 1st time a private firm is making satellites for global customers. The firm will soon open a satellite making facility in Bengaluru. Ananth Technologies will build a foreign-owned satellite weighing between 50 kg and 250 kg for customers in Sweden and France & integrate satellites around 30% lower costs.
- Which team has won the Premier Badminton League (PBL) 2020?
1) Hyderabad Hunters
2) Bengaluru Raptors
3) Mumbai Rockets
4) Northeastern Warriors
5) Chennai SuperstarzAnswer-2) Bengaluru Raptors
Bengaluru Raptors, led by World Championships bronze medallist B. Sai Praneeth and World No. 2 Tai Tzu Ying has defeated the mixed doubles pair -Chan Peng Soon and Eom Hye Won of North Eastern Warriors to clinch the Premier Badminton League (PBL) title 2020 for the 2nd time in a row by 4–2 scores, performing best in the final of the league’s fifth season.
- Who has won emerging player of the league award in Premier Badminton League (PBL) 2020?
1) Lakshya Sen
2) Pranav Jerry Chopra
3) Priyanshu Rajawat
4) Ashmita Chaliha
5) Subankar DeyAnswer-3) Priyanshu Rajawat
Player of the Tournament in Premier Badminton League (PBL) was won by Taiwanese badminton player, Tai Tzu Ying Emerging Player of the League was Priyanshu Rajawat & Indian Player of the League was bagged by Sikki Reddy.
- As per latest International Cricket Council’s (ICC) men’s One Day International (ODI) ranking who is the No.1 ODI bowler (Feb 12, 2020)?
1) Jasprit Bumrah
2) Trent Boult
3) Mujeeb Ur Rahman
4) Kagiso Rabada
5) Pat CumminsAnswer-2) Trent Boult
As per the ICC (International Cricket Council) Men’s ODI (One Day International) ranking 2020 released on February12, 2020, Fast bowler Jasprit Jasbirsingh Bumrah has lost his top spot in Bowling Rankings and slipped to Number 2. He is now behind Trent Boult of New Zealand.
- Who has created record of 9 50s scores in 16 innings beating the previous record of Ian Chappell’s 8 50s in 16 innings?
1) Rishabh Pant
2) Shreyas Iyer
3) KL Rahul
4) Manish Pandey
5) Kedar JadhavAnswer-2) Shreyas Iyer
Indian cricketer, Shreyas Iyer has surpassed former Australia cricketer Ian Chappell with a half-century and took a special world record. Iyer has scored 8 fifties and a century in 16 innings of 17 matches so far. Shreyas Iyer holds the record for the best 50+ score 9 times in 16 innings. With this, he overtook Ian Chappell, who had scored 50+ scores 8 times in 16 innings.
- Who has Authored the book “The Thin Mind Map”?
1) David J Lincoln
2) RKS Mangesh Dash
3) Dharmendra Rai
4) Ralph Watson
5) Kruti ShahAnswer-3) Dharmendra Rai
Dharmendra Rai, Mind Map & Brain Literacy trainer launched his book “The Thin Mind Map”. The book is designed to be an expert in mind mapping. Dharmendra Rai was the first person in the world to talk on TEDx on creativity & mind mapping. He has conducted 380 plus mind map seminars less than 10 years which is a world record.
- Nandu R Kulkarni who in news recently (Feb 2020) is a _____?
1) Social Reformer
3) Law Maker
4) Sand Artist
5) Film ProducerAnswer-2) Journalist
Famous journalist Nandu R Kulkarani, 70 years old, passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was the bureau chief of the Kolkata- based newspaper “The Statesman” in 1992 & also reported on a wide range of subjects including politics & business.
- International Darwin Day was celebrated on _______?
1) February 10
2) February 11
3) February 12
4) February 13
5) February 14Answer-3) February 12
On February 12, 2020, Darwin Day was celebrated to commemorate the birth anniversary of the father of evolutionary biology, Charles Darwin. This year on 12th February has marked the 211th birth anniversary of the Charles Darwin.
- February 12 to February 18, 2020 celebrated as ______ week?
1) Financial Literary Week
2) National Productivity week
3) Road Safety Week
4) Children’s mental health week
5) World Immunisation weekAnswer-2) National Productivity week
National Productivity day was observed on february 12 annually to increase the productivity culture in India. The day commemorates the foundation of the National Productivity Council (NPC) and Productivity week will
be celebrated from (Feb 12 to Feb 18, 2020). National Productivity Council (NPC) comes under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What is the Maximum denomination of Currency Notes that can be printed in India? Answer-Rs. 10,000
In terms of the provisions of the RBI Act 1934, notes in denominations higher than Rs 10000 cannot be issued. As per the Coinage Act, 1906, coins can be issued up to the denomination of Rs 1,000.
- Who is the Union minister of Minority Affairs in India? Answer-Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
- Which Indian Cricket Stadium renamed as Arun Jaitley Stadium? Answer-Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium, Delhi
- Who is the current chairperson of African Union (AU)? Answer-Cyril Ramaphosa, President of South Africa
- Where is the Headquarters of South Indian Bank (SIB) located at? Answer-Thrissur, Kerala