Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- The two day long first technology meet under the targets of the ambitious Hydrocarbon Vision 2030 for Northeast India started in which city?
Answer – C.Guwahati, Assam
The idea of the meeting mooted by the sub- committee of the upstream sector headed by ONGC and has members from upstream national oil players as well as private players.
- Which place hold the 7th meeting of SAARC Immigration Authorities on August 2nd 2016?
B.London, United States
Answer – D.Islamabad, Pakistan
The 7th meeting of SAARC Immigration Authorities was held in Islamabad, Pakistan on August 2. The meeting was chaired by Pakistan’s Director General Immigration and Passports Usman A. Bajwa.
- What is the name of website which is launched by the Reserve Bank of India to curb illegal and unauthorized pooling of funds by unscrupulous firms?
Answer – B.sachet.rbi.org.in
The Sachet portal (Hindi for alert) will provide filing, tracking of complaints in addition it will also offer information about whether any particular unit is registered with any regulator. It was launched by RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan.
- Who has been awarded as 23rd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavna Award for her exceptional contribution in the areas of communal harmony?
B.Abdul Rashid Khan
Answer – C.Shubha Mudgal
Well-known UP hailed singer Shubha Mudgal named for 23rd Rajiv Gandhi National Sadbhavna Award for her exceptional contribution in the areas of communal harmony, peace and goodwill.
- Which Railway Station topped in cleanliness ranking in Vijayawada division and the Secunderabad based South Central Railway zone in implementing Swachh Bharat guidelines?
Answer – B.Nellore
The Survey was conducted by Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation through TNS India Private Limited in 407 stations (in 75 A-1, 332- A category stations) across the country. The survey was commissioned by the Environment & Housekeeping Management Directorate -Ministry of Railways, New Delhi.
- F1 Legend Chris Amon has passed away at the age of 73 on August 3rd 2016 due to Cancer. He belonged to which country?
Answer – B.New Zealand
Christopher Arthur Chris Amon was a New Zealand motor racing driver. He was active in formula one racing in the 1960s and 1970s – and is widely regarded to be one of the best f1 drivers never to win a championship grand prix.
- What is the following game not added in Olympics 2020 as per Tokyo’s agenda by International Olympic Committee?
Answer – D.Cricket
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) agreed to add five new games/events to the sports programme agenda for the Olympic games, Japan 2020.
Baseball/softball, Karate, Skateboard, Sports climbing and Surfing
- Who has been appointed as the Non-Executive Director of the TATA International Limited with effect from 1st August 2016?
Answer – B.Deepak Premnarayen
The board of Tata International Limited, the global trading and Distribution Company, announced the appointment of Deepak Premnarayen as Non-Executive Director with effect from 1stAugust 2016.
- Who has been appointed as the General Manager of Integral Coach Facory, Chennai ?
Answer – A.Sudhansu ManiExplanation :
Intergal Coach Factory, Chennai gets it new General Manager – Sudhansu Mani. He belongs to 1979 batch of Indian Railways Service of Mechanical Engineers (IRSME).
- The Upper house passed a bill to amend the constitution that would facilitate the straightening of which tax?
C.Swachh Bharat Cess
D.Goods and Service Tax
Answer – D.Goods and Service Tax
The Rajya Sabha passed a bill to amend the Constitution that would facilitate the straitening of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) backing the government’s assurance that the tax rates would be kept “as low as possible”.
- IRCTC’s app ties-up exclusively with which of the following for e-cash payments ?
Answer – A.Mobikwik
Mobile payments company MobiKwik and Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) have announced an exclusive partnership, wherein MobiKwik will power e-cash payments on IRCTC’s e-catering app, Food on Track.
- Cabinet approved the Motor Vehicle Act Amendment Bill that amends how many sections of the act to simplify third party insurance claims and settlement process?
Answer – B.68
In the present Motor Vehicle Act, there are 223 Sections out of which the Bill aims to amend 68 sections whereas Chapter 10 has been deleted and a Chapter 11 is being replaced with new provisions in order to simplify third party insurance claims and settlement process.
- Aadi Peruku is celebrated in which state?
Answer – D.Tamil Nadu
Adiperukku commonly known as the Aadi monsoon festival and also written as Aadiperukku is a Hindu Tamil festival celebrated on the 18th day of the Tamil month of Adi. The festival pays tribute to water’s life-sustaining properties
- Union Government signed New Air Services Agreement with which country to boost trade, investment, tourism and cultural exchange?
Answer – B.Lao
The Union Cabinet has given its nod for signing of new Air Services Agreement (ASA) between India and Lao People’s Democratic Republic. The ASA agreement is the route for any air operation between the two countries.
- State Bank of India has planned to merge its associate banks with itself to make the merged entity operation with effective from which year?
Answer – C.April 2017
India’s largest lender State bank of India to merge its associate banks with itself this fiscal to make the merged entity operational by April 2017.
- Ms. Vijay Thakur Singh has been elected as a next Ambassador of India to which on eyeing the upcoming elections?
Answer – D.Ireland
Ms. Vijay Thakur Singh currently serving as the High Commissioner of India to Singapore, has been appointed as the next Ambassador of India to Ireland and she is expected to take up her assignment shortly.
- Reserve Bank of India has framed a panel to study the various facets of which finance in India?
Answer – C.Household
Reserve Bank has constituted a panel to study the various facets of household finance in India and to benchmark India’s position in other major world markets and advanced economies.
- Limbo skater Om Swaroop Gowda has made the Guinness World Record for longest distance limbo skating under the cars. He belongs to which state?
Answer – B.Karnataka
Om Swaroop Gowda, A 7 years old young lad from Karnataka has entered the Guinness World Record for longest distance limbo skating under the cars.