Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Which date is observed as International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition by UNESCO?
Answer – D.August 23
International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition, August 23 of each year, the day designated by UNESCO to memorialize the transatlantic slave trade.
- Who is the author for the book called The Ocean of Churn: How the Indian Ocean Shaped Human History?
Answer –A.Sanjeev Sanyal
The Book authored by Sanjeev Sanyal has recounted the history of The Indian Ocean, which stretches across East Africa, the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent to South East Asia and Australia.
- Which Veteran journalist and former editor of Malayalam daily “Mathrubhumi” died at a private hospital in Kochi following a brief illness?
C.K K Sreedharan Nair
Answer – C.K K Sreedharan Nair
He started his career in Journalism as a sub-editor in Mathrubhumi in 1953, Nair had an illustrious career in various capacities including Chief Sub-Editor,News Editor and Deputy Editor.
- Which statement is incorrect related to toxic gas leakage at Bangladesh fertilizer unit?
A.Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation (BCIC), which runs the fertilizer unit
B.DPA leaked from the DAP Fertilizer Company Limited on the bank of Karnaphuli river
C.Toxic gas leaked from a fertilizer unit in Bangladesh’s port city of Chittagong
D.DPA is one of a series of water-insoluble ammonium phosphate salts
Answer – D.DPA is one of a series
of water-insoluble ammonium phosphate salts
About 250 people, including children, have fallen sick and hundreds of residents have been evacuated from their homes after a toxic gas leak from a fertilizer unit in Bangladesh’s port city of Chittagong. DPA is a full form of Di-ammonium phosphate.
- What is the name of unmanned submersible sets record at the Mariana Trench in the West Pacific?
Answer – C.Haidou-1
China’s unmanned submersible(underwater drones-vehicles which can operate underwater without a human) has dived to a depth of 10,767 metres at the world’s deepest ocean point.
- Who has been resigned from the Catholic Syrian Bank as a managing director and chief executive within a year after taking over the posts?
Answer – C.Anand Krishnamurthy
Before taking over in July 2015, Krishnamurthy had been associated with the bank for the past one year and was previously responsible for corporate banking, SME business, and integrated treasury operations as head of wholesale banking and treasury.
- Which renowned scientist is appointed as new Vice Chancellor of Homi Bhabha National Institute?
B.P D Gupta
D.M V Dhekane
B.P D Gupta
Eminent scientist P D Gupta was appointed as Vice Chancellor of Mumbai-based Homi Bhabha National Institute (HBNI).He has been appointed to the post for five years by Department of Personnel and Training.
- Which statement/s is/are true related to the Two Indo American Women qualified for the prestigious White House Fellow Program?
1.The two Indo-American women are Tina R Shah and Anjali Tripathi
2.Tina R Shah is a Astrophysicists
3.Tripathi is at Harvard University, focuses on the formation and evolution of planets
C.Both 1 and 2
D.Both 1 and 3
Answer – D.Both 1 and 3
Two Indian–American women – Astrophysicist Anjali Tripathi from California and physician Tina R Shah from Chicago have been selected for the prestigious White House Fellow programme.
- How many sports person/s would get Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award from the Sports Ministry?
Answer – C.4
The Sports Ministry announced that Rio Olympics medalists shuttler P.V. Sindhu and wrestler Sakshi Malik will receive the prestigious Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award along with gymnast Dipa Karmakar and shooter Jitu Rai on August 29th 2016.
- Which solution is unveiled by Airtel and Vodafone to use Aadhar number for SIM activation?
Answer – A.e-KYC
Bharti Airtel and Vodafone has started rolling out Aadhaar based e-KYC solution following the notification by the Department of Telecom, Government of India.
- What is the rank of India which is positioned among Wealthiest Nations in the World report by Johannesburg-based The New World Wealth?
Answer – C.7th
The W20: The 20 Wealthiest Countries in the World – report by Johannesburg-based The New World Wealth, India is ranked 7th among the wealthiest countries in the world in terms of private wealth held by individuals.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke to Afghanistan President Ashraf Ghani via video conferencing from New Delhi to inaugurate the renovated Store Palace in _________.
Answer – D.Kabul
India and Afghanistan inaugurated the $300 million Friendship Dam in Herat. India also gifted Kabul a symbolic gift of democracy, its new parliament building in December last year.
- Which state along with Gujarat state Assembly passed the Goods and Service Tax (GST) Constitution Amendment Bill, becoming the fifth and sixth state to pass the bill respectively?
The GST bill which was passed recently by the centre seen as single biggest tax reform in a long time, needs to be ratified by at least 15 state legislatures before the President can report the GST council which meant to adopt the new tax rate.
- Which government has enacted a stringent law called Protection of Internal Security Act to deal with the challenges of terrorism, insurgency, communalism and caste violence?
Answer – D.Maharashtra
MPISA -Maharashtra Protection of Internal Security Act, A new internal security Act, envisaged by the state’s police department, is expected to put this in black and white, thereby bridging the gap and plugging loopholes in the existing security arrangements.
- In which place, The Indian Air Force is set to build new Aerospace Museum focusing to showcase and to create awareness in general public about India’s rich Aerospace heritage?
Answer – C.New Delhi
The Indian Air Force is set to build new Aerospace Museum in New Delhi, focusing to showcase and to create awareness in general public about India’s rich Aerospace heritage.
- World Trauma Congress 2016 held in which city ?
Answer – A.New Delhi
World Trauma Congress 2016 held in New Delhi, India from Aug 17th through 20th, 2016.World Trauma Congress 2016 has been approved for 23.5 Credit Hours by Delhi Medical Council