Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2016 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- What is the name of the book which was released and authored by professor Anil K Gupta of IIM Ahmedabad?
Answer –D.Grassroots Innovation
A book titled Grassroots Innovation was released which was authored by professor Anil K Gupta of IIM Ahmedabad. The book describes about the people who are silently making contribution in the innovation for the economic development and also for the advancement of society.
- Who is the author of ‘Tipu Sultan’s Search for Legitimacy: Islam and Kingship in a Hindu Domain’ ?
B.M H Gopal
C.Bhagwan S. Gidwani
Answer – D.Kate Brittlebank
Focusing upon the methods adopted by Tipu Sultan to establish his legitamacy as a parvenu ruler, this revisionary study takes an innovative approach to the analysis of kingship in eighteenth-century south India. The author argues that Tipu’s actions are located within, rather than outside, the local culture.
- Which wrestler gets National Anti Doping Agency clean chit in doping case, with this he will be eligible to take part in Rio Olympics?
Answer – D.Narsingh Yadav
The National Anti-Doping Agency has given a clean chit to wrestler Narsingh Yadav from doping charges, with this he will be eligible to take part in Rio Olympics. The wrestler had tested positive for a banned steroid in an out of competition test conducted by the Doping Agency.
- Who bagged the World Karate Champion (All Styles) at the Martial Arts World Championships in Sydney, Australia?
Answer – D.Vivek Teja
India’s martial arts hero and rising star Vivek Teja bagged the World Karate Champion (All Styles) at the Martial Arts World Championships in Sydney, Australia. The Indian Teja defeated James Chatfield from New Zealand in the first round and England’s Anthony Raiyas, in the second round, and beat Australian star Matthew Rose in the title clash to clinch the title.
- Which storm brought Hong Kong to halt with high winds and rains and many schools, businesses and transport services remained shut?
Answer – D.Typhoon Nida
Owing to a battering typhoon Nida people in the the region large areas of southern China are on emergency alert in order to reduce the damage to life and properties in case of any natural hit.
- Which University to perform world’s first genetic editing trial on humans aiming to cure lung cancer?
D.University of Cambridge
Answer – A.Sichuan University
The university oncologists will inject cell that are modified using the CRISPR (Clustered regularly inter spaced short palindromic repeats)-Cas9 gene-editing technique into the humans to perform the trial.
- Which program is launched by the Minister of Communications Manoj Sinha for better lucidity in helping the growing population?
Answer – A.Twitter Sewa
The telecom ministry and Department of Post will henceforth compile a list of complaints from this Twitter Sewa and categorize them into immediate, mid-term and long-term complaints.
- Which IAS officer has been named as secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
A.Sunil Kumar Gulati
D.Krishan Kumar Jalan
Answer – C.Bhaskar Khulbe
West Bengal cadre IAS officer Bhaskar Khulbe has been named as secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He had been serving in the PMO as an additional secretary. Khuble’s appointment was cleared by the Cabinet with an immediate effect.
- Who has been appointed as the President of IT major Microsoft India operations and he will join the office from September 1?
C.K. V. Kamath
Answer – D.Anant Maheshwari
The chairman in the earlier next year as he retires. He will watch over the product, service, and support offerings across the country. Prior to his new appointment he worked for Honeywell-India Operations as a president.
- Which Lieutenant General took charge as the General Officer Commanding in Chief of Pune based Southern Command?
C.N A K Browne
D.D K Joshi
Answer – A.Bipin Rawat
Lieutenant General Bipin Rawat took charge as the General Officer Commanding in Chief of Pune based Southern Command. He will fill the shoes of Lt Gen Ashok Singh.
- Who is appointed as new CEO for the Reliance Life who is a former CDO of Max Life?
Answer – C.Ashish Vohra
Earlier Ashish Vohra worked with Fullerton India Credit and Citibank and at last he joined Max Life in 2010 and was leading the distribution channels, including bank assurance, direct selling, agency and online and he has experience of over 21 years spanning marketing, sales, product and business roles in financial services.
- Who has been appointed as new Chief Justice of Allahabad High Court?
A.Dilip Babasahen Phalke
B.Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale
C.Dilip Santhosh Bhasal
D.Dilip Babu Phalke
Answer – B.Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale
Justice Dilip Babasaheb Bhosale was sworn in as the Chief Justice of the Allahabad High Court.
- Which Indian Artist won 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grant for her English Translation of Chaturvedi’s Hindi novel “Simsim”?
Answer – B.Anita Gopalan
Anita Gopalan, A Bangalore based Translator and artist has been awarded the 2016 PEN/Heim Translation Fund Grant for her English translation of Geet Chaturvedi’s Hindi novel “Simsim” . It is noted that Anita Gopalan is the second Indian writer and First Woman translator to be titled the winner of the PEN/Heim Translation Fund.
- Which Bank partnered with APOLLO India credit Opportunity Management LLC for an Asset Reconstruction Company?
Answer – C.ICICI
India’s largest private banking lendor, ICICI banks teamsup with US based Apollo India Credit Opportunity Management LLC to launch an asset reconstruction company (ARC).
- Which State has initiated the process of recruiting transgender people as prison warden posts?
Answer – C.Odisha
The Odisha government has initiated the process of recruiting transgender people as prison wardens in order to impart a social boom in their abandoned life style.
- Lok Sabha passes National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2016 for setting up NIT in which state?
Answer – B.Andhra Pradesh
Lok Sabha passed The National Institutes of Technology, Science Education and Research (Amendment) Bill, 2016 to establish the renowned National Institute of Technology (NIT) in Andhra Pradesh.
- Which High Court has been renamed as per resolution passed by the state government Assembly?
Answer – C.Madras
The Tamil Nadu State Assembly has unanimously passed a resolution asking the union government to rename it as the High Court of Tamil Nadu. The Decision from the state is against the centre, as it proposed High court of Chennai is been passed by the assembly.
- Which State has enacted Draconian Excise and Prohibition Bill, 2016 to restrict Alcohol usage?
Answer – C.Bihar
A rigorous Bihar Excise and Prohibition Bill, 2016, was passed in the state Assembly of Bihar by voice vote amidst boycott by Opposition over the state government’s rejection of their proposals in the over three hour-long debate on the legislation on August 1.
- Anti-corruption Index, the first of its kind in India will be launched by which of the following state ?
C.Jammu & Kashmir
Answer – A.Kerala
In a first of its kind in the country, an Anti Corruption Index will soon be launched in Kerala in tandem with the CPI(M)-led LDF government’s policy of ‘zero tolerance to corruption’.
- Hareli festival is one of the famous festival in …………………………………
Answer – C.Chhattisgarh
In Chhattisgarh, Hareli festival is one of the famous festivals celebrated with great pomp and show. The term ‘Hareli’ is derived from the Hindi word ‘Haryali’ meaning greenery. It is normally a festival celebrated in the month of Shravan by several societies of farmer.