Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs April 23 2017 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams.
- Daily Current Affairs
- Try our Current Affairs Quiz 2017
- Read Our 2017 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs 2017 April
- Which State Govt. has decided to set up 40 Yoga wellness centres in 40 districts of the state?
Answer – 2.Uttar Pradesh
Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has directed officials to set up yoga wellness centres in 40 districts of the state in the current financial year. The Chief Minister has also asked officials to take permission from the Central Government for setting up wellness centres in 35 other districts.
- Five prominent Madhesi parties in Nepal have united to form a new party named:
1.Rashtriya Janata Party
2.Madhesi Janata Party
3.Madheki Kalyan Party
4.Madhesi National Party
5.Rashtriya Madhesi Sangh
Answer – 1.Rashtriya Janata Party
Five Madhesi parties in Nepal have announced their unification ahead of local government bodies polls slated for May 14, 2017, becoming the fifth largest party in Nepal’s Parliament. The parties reportedly decided to unite after realising that “scattered forces could not give political strength”.
- Which country achieved its first ever coal-free day on April 21, 2017?
Answer – 4.UK
As mentioned by officials of National Grid, April 21, 2017 was Britain’s first ever working day without coal power since the Industrial Revolution. All coal-fired power plants went offline from April 20, 2017.
- Which two countries have re-established diplomatic ties after a gap of 37 years?
1.Cuba and Egypt
2.Cuba and Saudi Arabia
3.Cuba and Morocco
4.Morocco and Saudi Arabia
5.Morocco and Egypt
Answer – 3.Cuba and Morocco
Cuba and Morocco have signed an agreement to re-establish ties as well as political, economic and cultural cooperation. Morocco had cut ties with Cuba in 1980 after Cuba recognised Western Sahara as the independent Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic. Morocco claims the territory as its own.
- Which among the following countries have been elected to the Committee for Programme and Coordination (CPC), a subsidiary body of the UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)?
1.Burkina Faso, Iran and Japan
2.India, Pakistan and Belarus
3.Bulgaria, Moldova and Brazil
4.Chile, Cuba, the United Kingdom and United States
5.All of the above
Answer –5.All of the above
India garnered the most number of votes in the Asian group, with 49 out of 50 members of ECOSOC voting in its favour. India, along with 19 other nations, was also elected by acclamation to the International Narcotics Control Board for a four-year term beginning January next year.
- As per ‘Migration and Development Brief’released by World Bank, which country is the world’s largest remittance recipient for the year 2016?
Answer – 2.India
Remittance inflows to India amounted to $62.7 billion in 2016. However, there has been a drop of 8.9% as compared to $68.9 billion received in 2015. Remittances accounted for 9% of India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in 2016.
- Who has been appointed as Badminton Association of India’s interim President?
3.Himanta Biswa Sarma
4.Kipili Nicky Kire
Answer – 3.Himanta Biswa Sarma
BJP leader and Assam Badminton Association President Himanta Biswa Sarma has been appointed Badminton Association of India’s interim President during its executive council meeting. Himanta Biswa Sarma has been unanimously given the charge to become the acting president till the next elections in 2018.
- Govt. has announced that declarations by black money holders about tax payment and deposits under thePradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana(PMGKY) can be made till:
1.May 1, 2017
2.May 10, 2017
3.May 15, 2017
4.May 25, 2017
5.May 31, 2017
Answer – 2.May 10, 2017
The CBDT has extended the date of filing of declaration under the PMGKY to May 10 in cases where tax, surcharge and penalty has been paid on or before March 31 and deposit under the Deposit Scheme has been made on or before April 30.
- Nirjuli village-1 in _____ district has been declared as the first digital village of Arunachal Pradesh
Answer – 4.Papum Pare District
After inaugurating this digital village, north-east circle chief general manager of SBI PVSLM Murty said, that the SBI had urged the state government to improve connectivity in the state to speed up socio-economic development of the people.
- Which of the following statement is NOT correct in context of government guidelines on service charge in hotels/restaurants?
1.Service charge is totally voluntary and not mandatory
2.The column of service charge in a bill should be filled with tentative amount which the hotel seeks to receive from customer
3.The pricing of products should reflect both the goods and services component
4.If a restaurant insists on customers paying the service charge, they can file a complaint in consumer court
5.Charging for anything in addition to prices displayed in menu card, without consent of the customer, would amount to unfair trade practice
Answer – 2.The column of service charge in a bill should be filled with tentative amount which the hotel seeks to receive from customer
It is not mandatory for customers to pay service charges in hotels and restaurant bills, Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan said on April 21, 2017, after the Centre approved the guidelines. As per the guidelines, the column of service charge in a bill will be left blank to customers to fill up before making the final payment.
- Which award scheme has been developed by National Dairy Development Board (NDDB)to instil confidence in the consumers for the quality of milk being marketed by dairy cooperatives?
1.‘Nutrition Mark’ Award Scheme
2.’Quality Mark’ Award Scheme
3.’Zigma’ Award Scheme
4.’Gold Mark’ Award Scheme
5.’White Pot’ Award Scheme
Answer – 2.’Quality Mark’ Award Scheme
As part of the innovative initiatives under the “White Revolution” umbrella schemes, the Department of Animal Husbandry, Dairying and Fisheries has supported the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) developed initiative of “Quality Mark” award scheme for dairy cooperatives to promote and encourage enhancement of safety, quality and hygiene of milk and milk products manufactured by dairy cooperatives.
- Which state has been selected for Krishi Karman Award 2015-16 for highest production of wheat?
Answer – 2.Madhya Pradesh
Madhya Pradesh has been selected for this award fifth time in a row. Tamil Nadu has been chosen for Krishi Karman award 2015-16 in Category I – where food grains production is higher than 10 million tonnes. Himachal Pradesh has been chosen for Krishi Karman award 2015-16 in Category II – where food grains production is between 1 – 10 million tonnes. Tripura has been chosen for Krishi Karman award 2015-16 in Category III – where food grains production is lesser 1 million tonnes.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been disqualified from running in the upcoming Presidential election of:
Answer – 4.Iran
The Iranian regime’s former President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has been disqualified from running in the May 19 Presidential election. The Guardian Council, whose members are appointed by the regime’s Supreme Leader, disqualified all but six of the candidates for the election.
- Who has been appointed as the president of the Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction(ISAR)?
1.Dr. Duru Shah
2.Dr. Sneha Patil
3.Dr. Janvi Sen
4.Dr. Arpita Chakraborty
5.Dr. Ambika Raj
Answer – 1.Dr. Duru Shah
Mumbai- based gynaecologist Dr Duru Shah has been appointed as the president of the Indian Society for Assisted Reproduction (ISAR). Dr Duru Shah was appointed to the post during ISARs annual function held at Gurugram, Haryana.
- Which vessel of Indian Navy is on a two-month deployment in the Sri Lankan waters since March 3, 2017 for jointly undertaking a hydrographic survey of Weligama Baywith Sri Lankan Navy?
Answer – 4.INS Darshak
INS Darshak, the Indian Navy’s hydrographic survey ship is on a two-month deployment in the Sri Lankan waters since March 3, 2017. Along with Sri Lankan Navy, it is jointly undertaking a hydrographic survey of Weligama Bay which was last studied in 1901. Weligama Bay is located in Southern Province of Sri Lanka, about 130 km south-east of the capital city Colombo.
- New types of white blood cells called ______ and _______ have been recently discovered by a team of scientists
1.Dendritic cells and polycytes
2.Dendritic cells and monocytes
3.Osteoritic cells and monocytes
4.Osteoritic cells and polycytes
5.Prosthetic cells and monocytes
Answer – 2.Dendritic cells and monocytes
Team of scientists, including Indian origin researchers Rahul Satija from New York University and Karthik Shekhar from Broad Institute of MIT and Harvard in the US, have identified new types of blood cells in the human immune system. In this study, researchers used a technique called single-cell genomics to analyse gene expression patterns in individual human blood cells.
- Who has been appointed as the coach of the Indian women’s cricket team?
Answer – 2.Tushar Arothe
Former Ranji cricketer Tushar Arothe has been appointed as the coach of the Indian women’s cricket team. Arothe has been appointed till the World Cup in June-July. He has also served as head coach of Chhattisgarh and Baroda Under-16s.
- Ali Mohammad Naik, who passed away on April 21, 2017, was a former speaker of:
1.Haryana Legislative Assembly
2.Jharkhand Legislative Assembly
3.Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly
4.Kerala Legislative Assembly
5.Jammu & Kashmir Legislative Assembly
Answer – 5.Jammu & Kashmir Legislative Assembly
Senior National Conference leader Ali Muhammad Naik, who has been a former Education Minister and Speaker Legislative Assembly, passed away in Srinagar. He was 87 and was suffering from chest disease.
- ’World Book and Copyright Day’ is celebrated on which date every year?
Answer – 3.23rd April
The World Book and Copyright Day was celebrated on 23 April 2017 across the globe. Special events were organized to promote reading, publishing and copyright across the world including India. 2017 Theme of World Book and Copyright Day was ‘Quotes Wishes Slogans Greetings’.
- Which among the following has become 12th state to distribute over one crore LED bulbs under the Government of India’s UJALA (Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for all) scheme?
Answer – 4.Odisha
Energy Department, Government of Odisha in association with Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) has successfully distributed over one crore LED bulbs in Odisha under the Government of India’s UJALA (Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for all) scheme. With this milestone, Odisha becomes the 12th state crossing 1 crore distribution. Gujarat, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Delhi, Haryana and Kerala have already crossed the distribution of 1 Crore LED Lamps.
- ’UN English Language Day’ is observed on which date every year?
Answer – 3.23rd April
UN English Language Day is observed annually on 23 April. The event was established by UN’s Department of Public Information in 2010 to celebrate multilingualism and cultural diversity. 23 April was chosen as UN English Language Day because it is the date traditionally observed as both the birthday and date of death of William Shakespeare.