AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 September 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which country collaborated with CSIR-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine to set up 1st ever cannabis medicine project in Jammu?
5) JapanAnswer-3) Canada
Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State-MoS (Independent Charge), Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances, Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space informed that 1st ever cannabis medicine project will be shortly set up with the collaboration of ‘Canada’ at Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)-Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (IIIM) in Jammu. The progress of the construction of North India’s 1st biotech industrial park in Kathua, Jammu & Kashmir.
- Which state government launched first of its Kind educational chatbot named “Apka Mitra”?
1) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) HaryanaAnswer-5) Haryana
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar virtually launched the first of its Kind Educational Chatbot “Apka Mitra” & Online Admission Platform for UnderGraduate (UG) courses in government-aided and self-financed colleges for the new academic session 2020-21.
- Which is 1st city in the country to integrate water transport as feeder service to the metro?
5) KochiAnswer-5) Kochi
The Thykoodam-Petta stretch of Kochi Metro was inaugurated by Minister Housing and Urban Affairs, Hardeep Singh Puri and Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan through video conference. The final stretch of Kerala metro phase 1 has been completed with the commissioning of Thykoodam-Petta stretch. It has been completed at a cost of Rs 6218 Crores. Kochi will become the first city in the country to integrate water transport as feeder service to the metro.
- United States, India and which country has decided to collaborate in 5G technology?
5) Saudi ArabiaAnswer-2) Israel
The virtual US (United States)-India-Israel summit was held to focus on trilateral partnerships in the strategic, technology and development arenas. There it was decided that these trio nations will collaborate in 5G technology. The keynote address during the summit was provided by Ms. Bonnie Glick, Deputy Administrator USAID (United States Agency for International Development). The summit was also addressed by Israeli Ambassador to India Ron Malka and his counterpart Sanjeev Singla. This trilateral summit was initiated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his historic visit to Israel three years ago in July 2017, community leaders on the basis of tech-triangle (Silicon Valley-Tel Aviv and Bangalore) concept which was presented by M R (Madhavan) Rangaswami to PM Modi.
- The Andhra Pradesh government has launched 2 nutrition schemes named “YSR Sampoorna Poshana” and “YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus” recently. Who is the present governor of Andhra Pradesh?
1) Banwarilal Purohit
2) Ramesh Bais
3) BiswaBhusan Harichandan
4) Anandiben Patel
5) Tamilisai SoundararajanAnswer-3) BiswaBhusan Harichandan
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy launched two nutrition schemes “YSR Sampoorna Poshana” and “YSR Sampoorna Poshana Plus” to provide nutritious food to the pregnant women, new mothers and children at the Tadepalli camp office. The state government issued an order to rename the scheme – Agriculture Electricity Cash Transfer Scheme as YSR Free Agriculture Power. Biswabhusan Harichandan is the present governor of Andhra Pradesh.
- World Bank has signed $82 million worth deal with which state for road transformation project?
3) Uttar Pradesh
4) Himachal Pradesh
5) TelanganaAnswer-4) Himachal Pradesh
The State Government of Himachal Pradesh and World Bank signed a $82 million (approximately Rs. 600 Crores) loan deal to support Himachal Pradesh strengthen its transport and road safety institutions by improving the condition, safety, resilience, and engineering standards of the state’s road network. The loan from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), has a final maturity of 15 years including a grace period of five years.
- The Bank of India (BOI) has launched an international contactless debit card, “Signature Visa Debit Card” recently. The HQ of BOI is located at which city?
5) New DelhiAnswer-1) Mumbai
On the occasion of Bank of India (BoI)’s 115th Foundation Day, BOI (Headquarters – Mumbai) has launched an international contactless debit card, “Signature Visa Debit Card” for high net worth individuals who are maintaining an average quarterly balance of Rs 10 lakhs and above. Atanu Kumar Das, Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of BOI virtually inaugurated new buildings of Rural Self Employment Training Institutes (RSETI) at Barabanki, Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh) and Giridih (Jharkhand).
- The RBI has specified 5 financial ratios and sector-specific thresholds for resolution of COVID-19-related stressed assets in 26 sectors on the basis of the recommendations of committee headed by whom?
1) KV Kamath
2) Gita Gopinath
3) Sundar Pichai
4) Soumya Swaminathan
5) None of the AboveAnswer-1) KV Kamath
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) specified five financial ratios and sector-specific thresholds for resolution of COVID-19-related stressed assets in 26 sectors on the basis of the recommendations of an expert committee under the chairmanship Kundapur Vaman Kamath, which was formulated by RBI in August 2020 to set a parameters and benchmarks for stressed assets that need rescuing. These five ratios are: Total outside liabilities/adjusted tangible net worth (TOL/ATNW), total debt/EBITDA, current ratio, debt service coverage ratio (DSCR), average debt service coverage ratio (ADSCR).
- The RBI has stopped the banking operation of which payments bank recently?
1) NSDL Payments Bank
2) Paytm Payments Bank
3) Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank
4) Fino Payments Bank
5) India Post Payments BankAnswer-3) Aditya Birla Idea Payments Bank
Reserve Bank of India has ceased the Banking operation by the Aditya Birla Idea Payments (ABIP) Bank under Banking Regulations Act 1949, after the company could not able to work successfully and applied for voluntary winding up by the Vodafone Idea Limited which holds 51% in ABIP bank and remaining 49% by Grasim Industries Limited.
- Indian economy is expected to be contract by _______ in FY21, as per Fitch ratings.
5) 9.5%Answer-2) 10.5%
In accordance with the September update of Global Economic Outlook (GEO), Fitch Ratings projected a 10.5% contraction of India’s economy in the FY21 from a contraction of 5% estimated earlier due to continued spread of the virus and imposition of shutdowns across the country that has disrupted economic activity. For FY21-22, Indian economy will grow 11%, while for 2022-23 growth will 6%.
- According to the estimation of Ind-Ra, what will be India’s GDP in FY21?
1) – 13.6%
2) – 11.2%
3) – 10.9%
4) – 11.8%
5) – 12.6%Answer-4) – 11.8%
India Ratings and Research (Ind-Ra), domestic rating agency projects India’s GDP (Gross Domestic Product) growth to contract by 11.8% (-11.8%), from earlier -5.3%. The rating agency also expects India’s GDP to rebound and grow at 9.9% year-on-year in FY22 primarily due to the weak base of FY21. The Indian economy contracted by a record 23.9% in 1st (April-June) quarter of FY21, which is much higher than Ind-Ra’s forecast of 17.0% due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic (lockdown).
- Ministry of Tribal Affairs has partnered with which app to implement gamified learning app in tribal schools?
1) Super Why
4) Ria Rabbit
5) KiddopiaAnswer-2) STEPapp
Eduisfun Technologies Private Limited’s STEPapp (Student Talent Enhancement Program Application) received an order from the Ministry of Tribal Affairs(MoTA) to implement its gamified learning application in the tribal schools across India and to benefit the tribal students and to empower them with quality education.
- Which institute of CSIR has signed MoU with National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) to strengthen solar energy sector across India?
1) National Environmental Engineering Research Institute
2) Central Scientific Instruments Organisation
3) Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
4) Central Glass Ceramic Research Institute
5) Indian Institute of Chemical TechnologyAnswer-3) Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute
In order to strengthen the solar energy sector across the nation, Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)-Central Mechanical Engineering Research Institute (CMERI) and National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), an autonomous institute under the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, Government of India, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) virtually for ‘Strategic Association’. The MoU comes after the successful development of the World’s largest Solar Tree of 11.5 kWp (kilowatts peak) by CSIR-CMERI.
- The National Skill Development Corporation signed MoU with which company to provide access to free learning resources for imparting digital skills to youth?
5) IndeedAnswer-1) LinkedIn
National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and LinkedIn announced a partnership to provide access to free learning resources for imparting digital skills to youth for enhancing employability. According to LinkedIn, Indian professionals with digital skills are 20 percent more in demand than professionals without digital skills in 2020.
- Who chairs the Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC) constituted by NITI Aayog?
1) Vasudha Kamath
2) Najma Akhtar
3) Sanyukta Samaddar
4) Dipti Shah
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Sanyukta Samaddar
As the nodal agency for Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC), NITI Aayog constituted a Multidimensional Poverty Index Coordination Committee (MPICC) which will be chaired by Ms Sanyukta Samaddar, Adviser (Sustainable Development Goals). According to Global MPI, India is 62nd among 107 countries with an MPI score of 0.123 and 27.91% headcount ratio based on National Family Health Survey (NFHS) 4 (2015/16) data.
- Which state emerged as the most literate state in India as per 75th round of National Sample Survey (NSS) conducted by National Statistical Office (NSO) from July 2017 to June 2018?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-4) Kerala
In accordance with the report on “Household Social Consumption: Education in India as part of 75th round of National Sample Survey(NSS) – from July 2017 to June 2018″ conducted by National Statistical Office (NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI), Kerala again emerged as the most literate state in the country with 96.2% literacy followed by Delhi (88.7%), Uttarakhand (87.6%), Himachal Pradesh (86.6%) and Assam (85.9%). On the other hand, Andhra Pradesh (AP) is the worst performer at 66.4% followed by Rajasthan at 69.7%, Bihar (70.9%), Telangana (72.8%), Uttar Pradesh (73%) and Madhya Pradesh (73.7%).
- Who authored the book titled ‘Samvad Upanishad’ & ‘Akshar Yatra’?
1) Gulab Kothari
2) Kalraj Mishra
3) Barkha Dutt
4) Rajdeep Sardesai
5) Ramachandra GuhaAnswer-1) Gulab Kothari
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Patrika Gate in Jaipur, Rajasthan over a virtual platform. The Patrika Gate was built by the Patrika group of Newspapers on the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg in Jaipur. He also launched 2 books Samvad Upanishad and Akshar Yatra, authored by Gulab Kothari, Editor in Chief of Rajasthan Patrika Group and Chairman of Patrika Group of Newspaper.
- Who is the author of the book named “Breaking the Cocoon @ 40”?
1) Richa Jha
2) Seema Chari
3) Mithila Ananth
4) Aparajita Vasudev
5) Radha M NairAnswer-5) Radha M Nair
Radha M Nair announced her first book titled “Breaking the Cocoon @ 40” portrays her life experiences in the advertising world of Mumbai where she started her career as a copywriter during her early forties. The book will be published by Poorna Publications.
- Govind Swarup who passed away in September 2020 is popularly known as __________.
1) Father of India’s Cardiology
2) Father of Indian Classical Music
3) Father of India’s Radio Astronomy
4) Father of India’s Telegraph
5) None of the AboveAnswer-3) Father of India’s Radio Astronomy
Govind Swarup, Father of India’s Radio Astronomy passed away at the age of 91 due to age related complications in Ruby Hall Clinic, Pune Maharashtra. He was the founding director of National Centre for Radio Astrophysics of Tata Institute of Fundamental Research. He is the recipient of Padma Shri (1973). He was born on March 23rd, 1929 in Thakurdwara, United Provinces, British India (Now in Uttar Pradesh).
- When was the International Literacy Day observed annually?
1) 6th September
2) 7th September
3) 5th September
4) 8th September
5) 9th SeptemberAnswer-4) 8th September
United Nations(UN)’s International Literacy Day is annually celebrated on 8th September to promote the importance of literacy as a matter of dignity and human rights among the general public and to work towards a more literate and sustainable society. The International Literacy Day was celebrated on 8th September since 1966. The theme of International Literacy Day 2020 is “Literacy teaching and learning in the COVID-19 crisis and beyond” which particularly focuses on the role of educators and the method of teaching.
- Name the company which enters into the online insurance broking & planned to launch the portal named ‘PayBima’.
1) Paysafe Finance
2) Mahindra Finance
3) IL&FS Finance
4) Max Finance
5) None of the AboveAnswer-2) Mahindra Finance
Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd (Mahindra Insurance Brokers), a subsidiary of Mahindra & Mahindra Financial Services Limited (Mahindra Finance), which enter into an online insurance broking business to provide digital services to the customers of its insurance brokerage through PayBima, a portal which said to be launched soon.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- What does ‘D’ in DSCR denotes?
5) DemandAnswer-2) Debt
Debt Service Coverage Ratio (DSCR)– For the relevant year addition of net cash accruals along with interest and finance charges divided by addition of current portion of long term debt with interest and finance charges.
- ‘Operation Greens’ is the scheme under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
2) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
3) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers’ Welfare
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Health and Family WelfareAnswer-1) Ministry of Food Processing Industries
Government of India extended Price Stabilisation interventions under ‘Operation Greens’ scheme for majority of fruits and vegetables grown in Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) to extend support to farmers in J&K. The initiative is aimed to support farmers of Fruits and Vegetables under Atma Nirbhar Bharat Abhiyan in order to prevent distress sales, Price Stabilization interventions under Central Sector Scheme – ‘Operation Greens’. It has been extended from Tomato, Onion and Potato (TOP) to all notified fruits and vegetables (TOTAL) for a period of six months on a pilot basis. The Ministry of Food Processing Industries has launched the scheme ‘operation greens’.
- Nagarjuna Sagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve is located in which state?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-5) Andhra Pradesh
Nagarjuna Sagar Srisailam Tiger Reserve also known as Rajiv Gandhi Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Andhra Pradesh.
- Council of Scientific & Industrial Research – Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine (CSIR -IIIM) is located in which city?
5) JammuAnswer-5) Jammu
Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine is a premier institute located in Jammu under the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research, Government of India and dedicated to the research of drug discovery.
- Who is the present MD&CEO of Bank of India?
1) Sanjiv Chadha
2) Hasmukh Adhia
3) Atanu Kumar Das
4) Lingam Venkat Prabhakar
5) Pallav MahapatraAnswer-3) Atanu Kumar Das
The current Managing Director(MD) & Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Bank of India is Atanu Kumar Das.