AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 9 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the initiative which was launched by Human Resource and Development Ministry along with AICTE for students to fight covid-19.
5) SathiAnswer-4) Samadhan
To empower innovation among students the Innovation Cell of the Ministry of Human Resources Development (HRD) and All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) in collaboration with Forge and InnovatioCuris launched a mega online challenge – SAMADHAN.
- How many pharma ingredients and Medicine’s where lifted from export ban list by Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) under Ministry of Commerce & Industry?
5) 18Answer-2) 24
Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) under Ministry of Commerce & Industry has removed export restrictions on 24 pharma ingredients including 12 active pharmaceutical ingredients (API) and 12 formulations by exercising the powers conferred by Section 3 of the Foreign Trade (Development & Regulation) Act, 1992. In this regard, amendment has been made in the chapter 29 and 30 of the Schedule 2 of the ITCHS (Indian Trade Clarification based on Harmonized System) Export Policy, 2018 which is related APIs and formulations.
- Which Indian city ranked as top Smart City in India for its execution of smart projects in handling COVID-19 pandemic?
5) PanajiAnswer-3) Ahmedabad
The city of Ahmedabad in Gujarat has been ranked as the top Smart City in India for its execution of smart projects in handling COVID-19 pandemic. The Command and Control Centre of Ahmedabad’s Smart City Development Ltd (SCDL) has played a key role in this achievement with proper enforcement and monitoring of lockdown.
- As per Comptroller and Auditor General’s (CAG) report, What percentage of crimes related to environment in the country committed in Rajasthan during 2014-16?
5) 40.59%Answer-5) 40.59%
In accordance with the report by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) for the year ended March 31, 2018, 40.59% of the crimes related to the environment in the country were committed in Rajasthan (RJ) during 2014-16. The major crimes were violation of Forest (Conservation) Act, 1980 and Wildlife Protection Act, 1972 which resulted in using of forest land for non-forest purposes without approval of government and capturing, poisoning, snaring or trapping of wild animals respectively.
- Which Indian ministry divides Health centres into 3-category for Covid-19 patients?
1) Ministry of Human Resource and Development
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
4) Ministry of Home Affairs
5) Ministry of Statistics and Programme ImplementationAnswer-2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
To ensure maximum use of resources in the care of coronavirus (COVID-19) patients, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MOHFW) has proposed to divide the health centers into 3 categories namely- COVID Care Centre, Dedicated COVID Health Centre and Dedicated COVID Hospital.
- What is the grant that was allocated by SAARC Development Fund for Covid-19 projects?
1) 30 million
2) 25 million
3) 20 million
4) 10 million
5) 5 millionAnswer-5) 5 million
The South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Development Fund (SDF) has allocated USD 5 million (about Rs 38 crore) for COVID-19 projects in 8-member countries, to mitigate the financial losses and severe socio-economic impact of the pandemic.
- Name the Public Sector Bank which has initiated 4 schemes (for SHG, FPO and farming community) to tackle impact of Covid-19.
1) Bank of Baroda
2) Bank of Maharashtra
3) Punjab National Bank
4) Syndicate Bank
5) Oriental Bank of CommerceAnswer-1) Bank of Baroda
To provide financial relief to the agriculture sector which is under distress due to COVID-19, the Bank of Baroda (BoB) has initiated four agro schemes for Women Self Help Groups (SHGs), Farmer Producer Organizations (FPO/FPC) and farming community. The schemes are: Additional Assurance to SHGs- COVID-19, Baroda Emergency Credit Line for Farmer Producer Organization (FPO/FPC), Baroda Special Scheme for existing Agriculture Investment Credit borrowers, Baroda Special Scheme for existing BKCC borrowers impacted by COVID-19.
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) announced to provide emergency working capital of up to ______ for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs).
1) 50 Lakh
2) 1 crore
3) 25 Lakh
4) 2 Crore
5) 10 LakhAnswer-2) 1 crore
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) has announced that it will provide emergency working capital of up to Rs 1 crore to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs). The SIDBI Assistance to Facilitate Emergency response against coronavirus (SAFE) loan limit has been increased to 2 crores from Rs 50 lakhs.
- Name the person who has been appointed as MD&CEO of Bharti AXA Life Insurance company.
1) Vikas Seth
3) Parag Raja
5) Aditya SharmaAnswer-3) Parag Raja
Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company appointed Parag Raja as the new MD (Managing Director) & CEO (Chief Executive Officer). The appointment will be subject to the requisite approval from the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI). Parag Raja will be the successor of Vikas Seth.
- Which Japanese multinational company has acquired 80.1% share capital of swiss based ABB Management Holding AG?
5) HitachiAnswer-5) Hitachi
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approved the proposed acquisition of 80.1% share capital of ABB Management Holding AG by Hitachi Limited from ABB Ltd, where ABB Management will hold the entire power grid business of ABB.
- Name the company which has acquired 100% stake in GMR Kamalanga Energy Limited.
1) RattanIndia Power Ltd
2) JSW Energy Ltd.
3) Indraprastha Power Generation Company Ltd
4) Tata Power Company Ltd
5) Gujarat Industries Power Company LtdAnswer-2) JSW Energy Ltd.
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) has approved 100% acquisition of GrandhiMallikarjuna Rao (GMR) Kamalanga Energy Limited (Ltd) by Jindal South West (JSW) Energy Ltd under section 31(1) of the Competition Act, 2002.
- Name the ministry which has launched the portal to issue certificate of origin for exporters.
1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
2) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
3) Ministry of Home Affairs
4) Ministry of Defence
5) Ministry of External AffairsAnswer-1) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Commerce & Industry Ministry created an online platform to issue key documents required for exports to countries with which India has trade agreements. It is designed as a single-point access for all Free Trade Agreements (FTAs), Preferential Trade Agreements (PTAs), all designated Certificate of Origin (CoO) issuing agencies and for all export products to facilitate shipment during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Which Company has signed contract from Indian Army to install state-of-the-art IT enabled network under ‘Network of Spectrum (NFS)’?
1) Larsen & Toubro Limited
2) TCL Limited
3) JMC Projects
4) Gammon India Ltd
5) HAL LimitedAnswer-1) Larsen & Toubro Limited
The Smart World and Communication Business Unit (SW&C BU) of Larsen & Toubro Limited (L&T), an Indian multinational conglomerate company, has received a large order from the Indian Army to install state-of-the-art IT(Information Technology) based state-of-the-art systems, which will be used to operate the armed force network under the ‘Network of Spectrum (NFS)’.
- Which Organisation/Institute along with Wipro 3D to create full face shield for healthcare personnel treating coronavirus patients?
5) IIT-MadrasAnswer-2) DRDO
The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), an agency of the Government of India charged with the military’s research and development,has partnered with private firm Wipro 3D to create a full face shield, which is meant to be helpful for doctors and nurses who are treating patients infected with coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Honor Blackman who passed away in April 2020 is ________.
5) LawyerAnswer-3) Actress
Honor Blackman, one of the memorable co-stars of the early James Bond films, passed away at the age of 94 in Lewes, Sussex, England. She was born on August 22, 1925 in Plaistow, Essex, England.
- Radomir Antic who died in April 2020 is a famous coach in which sports?
5) FootballAnswer-5) Football
Radomir Antic, Serbian football manager and player, the only man to have coached Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid, passed away at the age of 71 in Madrid, Spain. He was born on November 22, 1948 in Zitiste, Serbia.
- When was International Romani Day was observed annually?
1) April 6
2) April 8
3) April 3
4) April 5
5) April 4Answer-2) April 8
The International Romani Day is observed on April 8 globally to raise awareness of the issues faced by Romani people and to celebrate Romani culture.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Name the country which is going to host Women’s T20 World Cup 2022? Answer-South Africa
- Juniper Cobra is the military exercise between which country? Answer-United States & Israel
- Under which scheme SwasthkeSipahideliverying essential services and medicines at doorstep of patients and elderly people? Answer-Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya JanaushadhiPariyojana (PMBJP)
Pharmacists, popularly known as “SwasthkeSipahi”, of Pradhan Mantri Jan Aushadhi Kendra, are deliverying essential services and medicines at doorstep of patients and elderly under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya JanaushadhiPariyojana (PMBJP) of the Government of India.
- Where is the HQ of SAARC located? Answer-Kathmandu, Nepal
- Who is the present MD&CEO of Bank of Baroda (BoB) (as on April 2020)? Answer-Sanjiv Chadha
- Where is the HQ of Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) located? Answer-Lucknow, UP
- Name the country which is going to host Women’s T20 World Cup 2022?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]