AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 8 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which Indian company (in June’21) partnered with CEO Water Mandate to improve water security and work on Sustainable Development Goals?
1) NTPC Limited
2) Indian Oil Corporation Limited
3) Steel Authority of India
4) Oil and Natural Gas Corporation
5) Coal India
Answer-1) NTPC Limited
NTPC Limited joined the CEO Water Mandate to mobilize business leaders on water security and sanitation as part of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
The CEO Water Mandate is a UN Global Compact initiative that mobilizes business leaders on water, sanitation, to attain SDGs.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the State of India’s Environment Report, 2021 and India’s environmental performance:
A) The report ranks India at 117th position in attaining the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
B) India ranked higher than its South Asian neighbours – Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka & Nepal
C) Previously, India was ranked 168th in the Environmental Performance Index (EPI) 2020
1) Only A & C
2) Only B & C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only C
5) Only A
Answer-1) Only A & C
As per the State of India’s Environment Report, 2021, which was released by the Centre for Science and Environment (CSE), India’s rank has dropped by 2 places from last year’s 115 to 117 on the 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
i.The overall SDG score of India is 61.9 out of 100 and it ranks below four South Asian countries viz, Bhutan, Nepal, Sri Lanka, and Bangladesh.
ii.Kerala, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh were the best states with an overall score which are on the path to achieving the SDGs.
iii.India ranked 168 out of 180 countries in the Environmental Performance Index (EPI) 2020 by Yale University and Columbia University.
- Which organisation (in June’21) signed an MoU with the National Medicinal Plant Board for developing Quality Planting Material on Medicinal plants & herbs?
1) Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants
2) Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology
3) National Botanical Research Institute
4) Indian Institute of Integrative Medicine
5) National Environmental Engineering Research Center
Answer-3) National Botanical Research Institute
The National Medicinal Plant Board (NMPB) and the National Botanical Research Institute (CSIR-NBRI) have signed an MoU for the promotion of cultivation and production of medicinal plants and herbs in India.
Objective: To facilitate the development of Quality Planting Material of medicinal plants and herbs identified by the NMPB
- In June 2021, the Agriculture Ministry launched the ‘Seed Minikit Programme’, a centrally sponsored scheme under which mission?
1) National Mission for Sustainable Agriculture
2) National Mission for a Green India
3) National Horticulture Mission
4) National Mission on Sustainable Habitat
5) National Food Security Mission
Answer-5) National Food Security Mission
Union Minister Narendra Singh Tomar, Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare(MoA&FW), launched the Seed Minikit Programme by distributing seed mini-kits (higher-yielding varieties of seeds) to farmers.
The programme was wholly funded by the Centre through the National Food Security Mission.
- Which country virtually hosted the 8th triennial conference of the International Nitrogen Initiative (INI) in June 2021?
5) Saudi Arabia
The 8th triennial conference of the International Nitrogen Initiative (INI) held virtually from May 31-June 3, 2021, with a main focus on the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), hosted by Germany.
i.Nandula Raghuram, the chairperson of the International Nitrogen Initiative (INI) attended the conference.
- Over 95% of loans were sanctioned under the PM SVANidhi scheme by PSU banks. What is the total loan amount & tenure of loan under the PM SVANidhi scheme?
1) Rs 10,000 with a tenure of 1-year
2) Rs 25,000 with a tenure of 1-year
3) Rs 50,000 with a tenure of 2-year
4) Rs 50,000 with a tenure of 1-year
5) Rs 10,000 with a tenure of 2-year
Answer-1) Rs 10,000 with a tenure of 1-year
Public sector(PSU) banks have sanctioned 95% of the total loans under PM SVANidhi scheme to Street Vendors. PSU Banks have sanctioned 23,16,207 loans under this scheme as on 31st May 2021.
i.Under the scheme, collateral-free working capital loan of up to Rs 10,000 of one-year tenure is being provided to 50 lakh street vendors.
- Who recently (in June’21) became the 1st Indian to be elected as a member of the International Swimming Federation (FINA) Bureau?
1) Adille J. Sumariwalla
2) Arjun Munda
3) Monal D Chokshi
4) V.N. Prasood
5) Virendra Nanavati
Answer-5) Virendra Nanavati
Vice-President of Indian Olympic Association, Virendra Nanavati was elected as a member of International Swimming Federation (FINA) Bureau at the FINA General Congress held at Doha, Qatar.
He is the first Indian to be elected as a Bureau member of the FINA.
Headquarters : Lausanne, Switzerland
Establishment : 19 July 1908
- In June 2021, Husain Al-Musallam was elected as the President of the International Swimming Federation (FINA). Which country does he belong to?
1) South Africa
2) United Kingdom
Kuwait’s Husain Al-Musallam has been elected as the President of the International Swimming Federation (FINA) at the FINA General Congress held in Doha, Qatar.
i.South Africa’s Sam Ramsamy has been appointed as the first vice-president of FINA.
- In June 2021, ICC announced the expansion of participating teams to the Men’s World Cricketing tournaments to _______ teams for T20 World Cups from 2024 and to 14 teams to ODI Cricket World cup from ________.
1) 16; 2023
2) 16; 2027
3) 18; 2023
4) 14; 2027
5) 20; 2027
Answer-5) 20; 2027
ICC announced the Global Cricketing Calendar for 2024-2031, which includes key changes to world cricket tournaments.
i.ICC expanded the participating teams from 10 to 14 teams with 54-match events for the 2027 and 2031 Men’s ODI Cricket World cup.
ii.ICC also increased the number of teams to 20, playing 55-matches in total from 2024 – 2030 Men’s T20 World Cup.
iii.India’s Shafali Verma becomes the World No.1 Batter in ICC Women’s T20 format.
- To promote multilingualism, the United Nations annually celebrates Russian Language Day on __________ marking the birth anniversary of _____________.
1) 7th June; Lev Tolstoy
2) 5th June; Lev Tolstoy
3) 6th June; Alexander Pushkin
4) 5th June; Alexander Pushkin
5) 6th June; Lev Tolstoy
Answer-3) 6th June; Alexander Pushkin
The United Nations(UN)’s Russian Language Day is annually observed across the globe on 6th June to create awareness about the history, culture and development of the Russian language.
i.June 6th marks the birth anniversary of the great Russian poet Alexander Pushkin, the father of modern Russian literature