We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 9 June 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs June 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
Indian Oil Corporation to Invest INR 24, 000 Crore in Gujarat RefineryIndian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL) has signed an Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Gujarat Government to invest around INR 24, 000 Crore in 6 projects at its Gujarat Refinery in Koyali, Vadodara district, Gujarat.
- The 6 projects include India’s 1st Hydrogen dispensing station.
- The projects will expand the capacity of Gujarat Refinery to 18 Million Metric Tonne Per Annum (MMTPA) from 13.7 MMTPA and provide 25,000 direct and indirect jobs.
- The MoU was signed in the presence of Union Minister for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan and Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani.
Other Components of the MoU are
- Setting up of a Petrochemical and Lube Integration (LuPech) Project and Acrylics/Oxo Alcohol Project at the Gujarat Refinery.
- Setting up of India’s 1st Hydrogen Dispensing Facility, The facility is for Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles. It aims to fuel Hydrogen 75 buses of GSRTC (Gujarat State Road Transport Corporation) running between Vadodara and Kevadia/Sabarmati Ashram.
About Indian Oil Corporation Ltd (IOCL)
Chairman – Shrikant Madhav Vaidya
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chief Minister – Vijay Kumar Rupani
Capital – Gandhinagar
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
>>Read Full News
India’s 1st International Maritime Cluster to set up at GIFT City by GMBGujarat Maritime Board (GMB) set up India’s 1st international maritime services cluster at GIFT City (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City), in Ahmedabad, Gujarat to enhance competitiveness and self-sufficiency of India in the maritime sector and provide a one-stop solution for the entire maritime group.
Significance of Maritime Cluster:
i.The Maritime Cluster will be developed as a dedicated ecosystem comprising ports, shipping, logistics services providers and pertinent government regulators, in the GIFT City.
ii.It will also have an Alternate Dispute Resolution (ADR) Centre, that is focused on maritime/shipping.
iii.It will ensure economic benefits and ease of doing business for the maritime fraternity, which is currently dependent on international arbitration centres.
About Gujarat Maritime Board (GMB):
It is the first maritime board formed in the country
Establishment – 1982
Chairman – Anil Mukim
Vice-Chairman & CEO – Avantika Singh
>>Read Full News
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh Released an E-booklet ’20 Reforms in 2020’ on major reforms of MoDDefence Minister Rajnath Singh released ‘20 Reforms in 2020’, an E-book which highlights the major reforms of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) in 2020. The ebook provides the overview of the reforms of MoD to modernise the Armed Forces through policy changes, innovation and digital transformation.
- ‘20 Reforms in 2020’ reflects the resolve of the government to strengthen the Defence sector.
- The reforms undertaken by the MoD will make a global powerhouse in the Defence sector.
- The 2020 reforms in the MoD will make India a global powerhouse in the Defence sector.
Gist of the ‘20 Reforms in 2020’:
i.India gets its first Chief of Defence Staff
ii.Department of Military Affairs (DMA) was created for improved civil-military integration.
Digital Transformation in MoD.
iii.Bringing Atmanirbharta to Defence
v.Modernisation & Increased Transparency
vi.Trial & Testing
vii.Stree Shakthi in Armed Forces
viii.Reforming defence Research and development (R&D), Cantonment Administration, Unparalleled reforms in NCC.
ix.Increase in defence export
About Ministry of Defence(MoD):
Union Minister– Raj Nath Singh (Constituency- Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister State– Shripad Yesso Naik (Constituency- North Goa, Goa)
Overview of CESL MoUs based on Electric Vehicles and Solar PowerConvergence Energy Services Limited (CESL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the Ministry of Power has made important partnerships for the deployment of electric vehicles in India during World Environment Day.
i.MoUs signed with Meghalaya and Union Territory of Ladakh amounting to around 65 MW of decentralized solar.
ii. Signed MoUs with state governments of Goa, Kerala, and Andhra Pradesh to supply over 30,000 electric two- and three-wheelers to boost green mobility in India.
iii.CESL also made partnerships with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), TVS Motor Company, JBM Renewables Pvt Ltd., and Fortum India. Under these agreements, CESL and the private companies will jointly undertake the expansion and adoption of the EV ecosystem.
- Setting up of public charging infrastructure, better technological adoption in charging and also include the development of highway and expressway Charge Point Operators.
Note – TVS Motor Company became the 1st two-wheeler manufacturer to partner with CESL.
About Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL):
Convergence is a newly launched venture house of The EESL Group owned by central public sector undertakings under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
CEO – Mahua Acharya
>>Read Full News
NHPC forms JV with JKSPDC to set up 850-MW Ratle Hydroelectric Project in J&KNational Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC), India’s premier hydropower company under Ministry of Power along with Jammu & Kashmir State Power Development Corporation Ltd (JKSPDC) has formed a joint venture company(JVC), “Ratle Hydroelectric Power Corporation Limited” for the implementation of 850 MW Ratle Hydroelectric Project in Jammu and Kashmir(J&K).
- In the JVC, NHPC and JKSPDC have equity shares of 51% and 49% respectively.It has been incorporated on 01.06.2021.
- This project is located on River Chenab, Kishtwar district, Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and it is a Run of River Scheme.
- The investment sanction for construction of Ratle Hydroelectric Project at an estimated cost of Rs. 5281.94 crore has been conveyed by the Ministry of Power.
i.On 03.02.2019,a tripartite Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed amongst JKSPDC, NHPC and Government of Jammu & Kashmir in presence of Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi.
ii.NHPC is the largest investor in Jammu and Kashmir and plans to develop projects totaling 3,814 MW on its own and through joint ventures in J&K. Apart from Ratle, these projects include 800 MW Bursar project, Pakal Dul (1000 MW), Kiru (624 MW) and Kwar (540 MW) hydropower projects in the J&K in a joint venture.
- Shri R.K. Singh, Minister of State (IC) (Power and New & Renewable Energy) & Minister of State (Skill Development and Entrepreneurship)
- Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (IC), Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region
- Sh. Manoj Sinha Lieutenant Governor, UT of Jammu and Kashmir.
Headquarters: Faridabad, Haryana
Chairman & Managing Director: Abhay Kumar Singh
Narendra Singh Tomar Virtually Inaugurated Indus Best Mega Food Park at Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister for Food Processing Industries virtually inaugurated the Indus Best Mega Food Park in Raipur, Chhattisgarh. The food park will support reducing wastage of agricultural produce and ensure value addition.
- Indus Best Mega Food Park developed under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sampada Yojana and the Mega Food Park Scheme of the central government.
- The park has been set up in over 63.8 acres of land at a project cost of over Rs 145.5crore.
- The food park will ensure value addition, longer shelf life for farm produce, better price realization for farmers, excellent storage facility, and will provide an alternate market for farmers in the region.
Bhupesh Baghel, Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh and Rameswar Teli, Union Minister of State for Food Processing Industries were present during the virtual inauguration.
IIT Madras Hosted Asia’s 1st Workshop on Memory Studies
Indian Institute of Technology(IIT) Madras hosted Asia’s 1st workshop on International Memory Studies virtually and acknowledged the need to engage in memory studies under COVID-19.
The workshop precedes the official launch of the Indian Network for Memory Studies(INMS), the first national network in the field in Asia under the aegis of the International Memory Studies Association, Amsterdam,and brings together the participants from all over the world. The INMS will be launched in mid-June 2021 through a virtual event at IIT Madras.
Interpol Launched I-Familia a Global Database to Identify Missing PersonINTERPOL, The International Criminal Police Organization, has launched a new global database named “I-Familia” to identify missing persons through family DNA. The I-Familia will support the police to solve the cold cases of the member countries.
i.I-Familia utilises cutting-edge scientific research and uses the DNA of relatives to identify missing persons or unidentified human remains across the globe.
ii.The DNA of the relatives is used in the cases where the direct sample of the missing person is not available.
iii.I-Familia is the first global database to automatically control this difference without knowledge of the genetic ancestry of the missing person and provides standardized guidelines on a match.
Components of I-Familia:
- A dedicated global database of DNA profiles provided by relatives (separate from any criminal data)
- Bonaparte – DNA matching software developed by Smart Research, Netherlands
- Interpretation guidelines developed by Interpol to efficiently identify and report potential matches.
President– Kim Jong Yang (Republic of Korea)
Secretary-General– Jürgen Stock(Germany)
Members– 194 member countries
Headquarters– Lyon, France
India elected to UN Economic and Social Council for term 2022-24India along with 17 other countries has been elected to the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) for the 2022-24 term beginning on January 1, 2022. India was elected in the Asia-Pacific States Category along with Afghanistan, Kazakhstan and Oman.
- ECOSOC is one of the 6 main organs of the UN. It is the coordinating body for the economic and social work of UN agencies and funds
- ECOSOC’s 54 members are elected for three-year terms by the General Assembly.
Other Countries to get elected
i.From the African States, Ivory Coast, Eswatini, Mauritius, Tunisia and Tanzania were elected.
ii.From the eastern European states – Croatia, Czech Republic were elected.
iii.From the Latin American and Carribean states, Belize, Chile and Peru were elected.
About UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
President – Munir Akram
Headquarters – New York, USA
Members – 54
Established in – 1945
>>Read Full News
G7 nations made an agreement on global corporate taxG7 nations’ Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors meeting held in London from June 4 to 5 2021, chaired by the British finance minister, Rishi Sunak, made an agreement to introduce a global minimum corporate tax rate of at least 15 percent for multinational companies(MNCs).
- The G7 nations include the United States, Japan, Germany, Britain, France, Italy and Canada. The meet was held in Cornwall, southwest England.
- Objective: To overcome the cross-border tax loopholes used by some of the world’s biggest MNCs like Apple, Google and Amazon.
i.The ministers have committed to a minimum global corporation tax of at least 15 percent for multinational companies on a country by country basis which helps governments to recover from the impact of the COVID-19.
ii.The following decisions regarding the global corporate tax agreement will be discussed in detail at a meeting of G20 finance ministers in July, 2021 in Venice, Italy.
iii.As India’s corporate tax rate is higher than the global minimum tax rate, the current agreement will not affect companies doing business in India.
About Corporate tax:
i.Corporation Tax /Corporate Tax is a direct tax levied on the net income/ profit that corporate enterprises make from their businesses.
ii.Corporate tax in india: It is imposed at a specific rate as per the provisions of the Income Tax Act, 1961.The corporate tax rate for foreign companies depends upon the tax agreement between India and the origin country of the concerned company.
>>Read Full News
GWEC released a report titled “Global Wind Workforce Outlook 2021-2025”Global Wind Energy Council released the report “Global Wind Workforce Outlook 2021-2025” with a focus on the job market and workforce needs in the wind energy sector.
The report highlights the increase of job opportunities across the supply chain with the increase in the global wind industry.
- The report is the global forecast for the training needs which also examines the training needs of 10 countries: Brazil, India, Vietnam, Japan, USA, China, South Africa, Mexico, Saudi Arabia and Morocco.
India’s wind market growth outlook:
i.As per the new report India Wind Energy Market Outlook 2025, jointly released by the Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) and MEC Intelligence (MEC+) , India, the world’s fourth-largest wind power market remains one of the top markets globally for onshore wind with 38.6 GW of capacity.
ii. India is expected to install over 20GW of additional capacity in the next 5 years. This includes the first 100MW of offshore wind by the middle of the decade.
About Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC):
Chairman– Morten Dyrholm
CEO– Ben Backwell
Secretariat– Brussels, Belgium.
>>Read Full News
HeidelbergCement Plans World’s First CO2-Neutral Cement Plant by 2030 in Sweden
HeidelbergCement, the world’s largest integrated manufacturers of building materials and solutions, plans to transform its factory in Slite on the Swedish island of Gotland into the world’s first CO2-neutral cement plant by 2030 with carbon capture technology.
- This upgrade will cost around 100 million euros (around Rs 886 crore).
- This plant will be able to capture up to 1.8 million tonnes of CO2 per year, which corresponds to the total emission of the site.
BANKING & FINANCE
World Bank Approved a $500 million program to support India’s MSMEsThe World Bank’s(WB) Board of Executive Directors has approved a $500 million programme named ‘Raising and Accelerating Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) Performance’ (RAMP), to support the Government of India’s nationwide initiative to strengthen the MSME sector, which has been heavily impacted due to COVID-19.
- Maturity: The $500 million loan, which will be provided from the International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD), an arm of the world bank group, has a maturity of 18.5 years including a 5.5-year grace period.
Targets of RAMP:
i.The program RAMP targets to improve the performance of 555,000 MSMEs. It is expected to mobilize financing of $15.5 billion, as part of the government’s $3.4 billion MSME Competitiveness – A Post-COVID Resilience and Recovery Programme (MCRRP).
ii.Till date 5 million MSME firms have accessed finance from the government’s program.
Note – The WB’s financing over 2020 towards improving the MSME sector amounts to $1.25 billion.
About World Bank:
President – David R. Malpass (13th President)
Headquarters – Washington DC, USA
World Bank Country Director in India – Junaid Ahmad
>>Read Full News
RS Dhondkar Appointed As Liquidator of Shivajirao Bhosale Bank
The state cooperative department has appointed deputy registrar RS Dhondkar, as liquidator of Pune based Shivajirao Bhosale Bank.
- RBI(Reserve Bank of India) cancelled the licence of the Shivajirao Bhosale Cooperative bank for not having adequate capital and earning prospects.
- With the cancellation of licence and commencement of liquidation, the process of paying depositors as per the DICGC Act 1961, will be started as per RBI order.
- Deposit Insurance and Credit Guarantee Corporation (DICGC) is liable to pay upto Rs 5 lakh within two months of filing a claim with the liquidator.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Hitendra Dave Appointed As CEO Of HSBC India Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Ltd. (HSBC) has appointed Hitendra Dave as the interim Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of HSBC India. Hitendra Dave’s formal appointment as the CEO is subject to regulatory approval.
- Hitendra Dave succeeds Surendra Rosha who has been appointed as the co-chief executive of HSBC Asia-Pacific.
About Hitendra Dave:
i.Hitendra Dave is currently the Head and the Managing Director of global banking & markets of HSBC India.
ii.He joined HSBC India in 2001 in the Global Markets business and has been serving HSBC for 20 year.
About HSBC India:
HSBC Bank India is an Indian subsidiary of UK-based HSBC Holdings plc.It has 26 branches in 14 Indian cities.
- HSBC India is the third-largest profit contributor for the HSBC Group after Hong Kong and mainland China and delivered a pre-tax profit of USD 1.024 billion in 2020.
HSBC Holdings plc is a British multinational investment bank and financial services holding company. It is the second largest bank in Europe.
Chief Executive Director(CEO):Noel Quinn
Maldives’ Abdulla Shahid Elected as President of the 76th Session of UN General AssemblyMaldives’ Foreign Minister Abdulla Shahid elected as President of the 76th session of the United Nations (UN) General Assembly.
- The 193-member General Assembly voted on June 07, 2021, to elect the President, who will preside over the 76th session of the UN body that will start in September 2021.
- Out of the 191 ballots cast, Abdulla Shahid got 143 votes, and Zalmai Rassoul, former foreign minister of Afghanistan, got 48 votes.
- Turkish Volkan Bozkır is the president of the 75th session of the UN General Assembly.
Note – According to the established rules of regional rotation, the President of the 76th session of the UN General Assembly was to be elected from the Group of Asia-Pacific States.
About United Nations General Assembly:
- It occupies a central position as the chief deliberative, policymaking and representative organ of the UNs.
- The Assembly will make recommendations to States on international issues and it has also initiated actions – political, economic, humanitarian, social and legal – which have benefited the lives of millions of people throughout the world.
Establishment – 1945 under the Charter of the UN
Headquarters – New York, USA
Members – 193
Ranjitsinh Disale becomes Educational Advisor of World BankIn June 2021, Ranjitsinh Disale, a school teacher from Maharashtra was appointed as the Educational Advisor of the World Bank from June 2021 till December 2024. He was one of the 12 advisors from the World to be appointed by the World Bank.
i.Notably, Ranjitsinh Disale was the winner of 2020’s Global Teacher Prize and also the 1st Indian to win the prize.
Recent Initiatives by World Bank on Education:
Global Coach Program:
To help countries transform their in-service Teacher Professional Development (TDP) by framing key policies and conducting proficiency development programs.
Strengthening Teaching-Learning and Results for States (STARS) Programme:
i.The STARS Programme was launched in 2020, by the World Bank in Collaboration with Indian Government to improve the quality and governance of School education in 6 Indian states.
- 6 States – Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha and Rajasthan
- This is inline with the motive of achieving Sustainable Development Goal for Education (SDG-4)
ii.In March 2021, World Bank launched a new program called “Gujarat Outcomes for Accelerated Learning (GOAL)” Program.
- Goal is a part of World Bank’s STARS Programme launched with special focus on Gujarat.
- GOAL Program aims to enhance classroom-teaching practices and introduce multiple channels for teacher training.
About World Bank:
HeadQuarters– Washington DC, United States
President – David Malpass
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
SpaceX’s Dragon Capsule carries Squids, Microorganisms to ISSAs part of mission CRS-22, SpaceX’s Dragon Capsule was launched aboard the Falcon 9 Rocket from Florida, USA. The Capsule contained supplies for the International Space Station (ISS) scientific instruments such as new high-tech solar panels and living organisms such as Squids & a microorganism called Tardigrades.
- It is SpaceX’s 22nd station supply run for NASA.
- It is the 5th Spacecraft currently parked at the ISS.
- The capsule contains 20, 000 Tardigrades or water bears which are capable of surviving harsh conditions. It will also help in understanding the stresses on the human body during long space stays.
- Newly hatched, bioluminescent bobtail squids have also been sent. It is part of an experiment to study symbiotic or mutually beneficial relationships between animal hosts and microbes in space.
- The results from this experiment will provide insights into keeping astronauts healthy and safe in space.
CEO – Elon Musk
Headquarters – California, USA
>>Read Full News
Indian Navy inducts 3 Indigenous ALH MK-III at INS Dega, Andhra PradeshIndian Navy inducted 3 Indigenous Advanced Light Helicopters (ALHs) into its Eastern Naval Command (ENC) during the ‘322 Dega Flight’ induction ceremony held at INS Dega (Naval Air Station), Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- The ALH Mk-III has been designed & built by Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) as part of ‘Atmanirbhar Bharat’ initiative.
- The ALH Mk-III are Maritime Reconnaissance and Coastal Security (MRCS)
- The induction of the 3 MRCS will enhance the capability of the force and also protect India’s maritime interests.
- The flight is led by Commander SS Dash as the 1st Flight Commander.
About Indian Navy:
24th Chief of the Naval Staff – Admiral Karambir Singh
Headquarters – New Delhi
About Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL):
Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) – R Madhavan
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
>>Read Full News
China’s ‘Artificial Sun’ sets new world record by running at 120 Million degrees CelsiusChina’s ‘Experimental Advanced Superconducting Tokamak (EAST)’ project or known as ‘Artificial Sun’ set a new record by running at 216 million degrees Fahrenheit or 120 million degrees Celsius for 101 seconds. For another 20 seconds, the ‘artificial sun’ also achieved a peak temperature of 288 million degrees Fahrenheit (160 million degrees Celsius), which is over 10 times hotter than the sun.
- The device replicates the nuclear fusion process carried out by the sun. These processes leave no nuclear waste and have the potential to provide unlimited clean energy at low costs.
- The experiment was conducted at the Institute of Plasma Physics of the Chinese Academy of Sciences (ASIPP), in Hefei, China.
- The EAST creates nuclear fusion like the Sun using deuterium present in the sea.
- The previous record for a maintained plasma temperature was 180 million Fahrenheit (100 million Celsius) for 100 seconds
China’s EAST project
i.It first became operational in 2006 and is part of the International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) facility which will become the world’s largest nuclear fusion reactor when it becomes operational in 2035.
- Several countries like South Korea, Japan, Russia, India, and the USA are part of the project.
- China is not the only country which has achieved high plasma temperatures. In 2020, South Korea’s KSTAR reactor set a new record by maintaining a plasma temperature of over 100 million degrees Celsius for 20 seconds.
Capital – Beijing
Currency – Renminbi
President – Xi Jinping
IIT Hyderabad develops Oral Amphotericin B(AmB)
Indian Institute of Technology(IIT)-Hyderabad has developed nano-fibre based oral tablets of Amphotericin B (AmB) to treat post-Covid fungal infections. At present, AmB is an injectable drug.
- Currently, Kala Azar (visceral leishmaniasis) treatment is being used for black fungus and other fungus in the country.
- In 2019,Prof. Saptarshi Majumdar & Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma made a proven study about oral nanofibrous Amphotericin B (AmB) to be effective for Kala Azar and it was the first attempt of oral nanofibrous AmB.
BharatPe Becomes ICC’s Official Partner Till 2023
The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with BharatPe for being its global tournament sponsor from 2021 to 2023.
i.As per the agreement, BharatPe will promote the association across broadcast and digital platforms, as well as execute in-venue brand activations at all the ICC events.
ii.This Deal includes all editions of men’s and women’s 50-over,T20 World Cups and the World Test Championship as well as U-19 world cups that happen until 2023.
The key tournaments include the upcoming
- ICC World Test Championship (Southampton, UK 2021)
- Men’s T20 World Cup (India, 2021)
- Men’s T20 World Cup (Australia, 2022)
- Women’s World Cup (New Zealand, 2022)
- U19 Cricket World Cup (West Indies, 2022)
- Women’s T20 World Cup (South Africa, 2022)
- Men’s Cricket World Cup (India, 2023) and
- World Test Championship (2023).
The company currently has its own ‘Team BharatPe’ comprising of 11 Indian cricket stars as its brand ambassadors, namely, Rohit Sharma, Jasprit Bumrah, KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami, Ravindra Jadeja, Suresh Raina, Shreyas Iyer, Prithvi Shaw, Sanju Samson, Yuzvendra Chahal, and Shubhman Gill.
BharatPe is one of India’s leading financial services companies for merchants.
Co Founder & Chief Executive Director(CEO):Ashneer Grover
About The International Cricket Council (ICC):
Establishment – 15 June 1909
Headquarters – Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Chairman – Greg Barclay
Chief Executive Director(CEO) – Manu Sawhney
FIH world rankings 2021: Indian Men’s team at 4th, Women’s Team at 9thUnder the International Hockey Federation (FIH) world rankings 2021 in Hockey, both Indian men’s and women’s teams ranked 4th and 9th (same as 2020 ranking). Belgium and Netherlands lead the men’s and women’s rankings.
Top three of FIH World Rankings:
|Rank||Men’s Team||Rank||Women’s Team|
(world and European champions)
- Despite missing the European leg of the FIH Hockey Pro- League series in Great Britain, Spain and Germany in April and May, 2021, the Indian men’s team maintained its fourth spot with 2223.458 points.
- Women’s team got 1643 points.
About FIH World Ranking:
i.The FIH World Ranking is a ranking system introduced in October 2003 for men’s and women’s national teams in field hockey
ii.The teams of the member nations of International Hockey Federation (FIH), field hockey’s world governing body, are ranked based on their game results.
About International Hockey Federation(FIH):
Establishment – 1924
Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland
President – Narinder Dhruv Batra
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Film producer Ronnie Screwvala Authored A Book Titled “Skill It, Kill It”
The co-founder of upGrad, India’s largest online higher education company and Film producer, Ronnie Screwvala authored a book titled “Skill It, Kill It”.This book is published by Penguin Random House and it will be released in July,2021.
- This book is about the stories, failures and personal learnings of Ronnie Screwvala.
- It gives an insider’s view of the ‘invisible’ skills sought and rewarded by global businesses, top recruiters and leading CEOs.
World Oceans Day 2021 – June 8The United Nations(UN)’s World Oceans Day is annually observed across the globe on 8th June to focus on the major role of the oceans in everyday life. The day aims to create awareness about the impacts of human activity on the Ocean and to promote sustainable management of the Oceans.
The theme of World Oceans Day 2021 is “The Ocean: Life and Livelihoods”.
i.The Oceans day was first proposed in 1992 at the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil at the Global Forum, a parallel event at the United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED).
ii.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/63/111 on 5th December 2008 and proclaimed the 8th of June as World Oceans Day.
iii.The First UN World Oceans Day was observed on 8th June 2009.
>>Read Full News
World Brain Tumour Day 2021 – June 8The World Brain Tumour Day is annually observed across the globe on 8th June since 2000 to create awareness among the general public about brain tumors. The day also aims to pay respect to patients with brain tumors and their families.
The Grey Ribbon is used to promote brain cancer awareness.
The World Brain Tumor Day was first observed in 2000 by the Deutsche Hirntumorhilfe (German Brain Tumour Association), a non-profit organisation with a focus to raise public awareness and educate people about the brain tumours.
>>Read Full News
Haryana announces ‘Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme’ to benefit TreesOn occasion of the World Environment Day (i.e June 5) Haryana Chief Minister launched ‘Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme (PVDPS)’, which is the 1st of its kind initiative in India and Oxy Van (Oxygen Forests) initiative.
- PVDPS – It is an initiative to honour Trees which are of the age of 75 years and above. For maintenance of such trees, Tree pension amount of INR 2500 will be given each year under the scheme.
- Oxy Van – Around 3 Crore saplings will be planted in a year in Haryana and plantation will be done on 10% of 8 lakh acres of panchayat land, which will be named as Oxy Van.
- During the pandemic, several states including Haryana experienced shortage of medical oxygen which was needed for treatment of COVID-19 patients. These 2 initiatives are aimed at avoiding such deficits in the future.
Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
Capital – Chandigarh
>>Read Full News
Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel Launched Chief Minister’s Tree Plantation Promotion SchemeChhattisgarh Chief Minister(CM) Bhupesh Baghel virtually launched Chief Minister`s Tree Plantation Promotion Scheme which aims to protect the environment and increase income of farmers, panchayats and forest management committees.
- To encourage plantation on private land
- To improve the environment in villages and increase ground water level.
i.This scheme has been linked with Rajiv Gandhi Kisan Nyay Yojana.
ii.As per the scheme, farmers who have taken paddy crops in Kharif year 2020, if they plant trees in their fields instead of paddy crops, then they will be given an incentive amount at the rate of Rs 10,000 per acre per year for the next three years.
Bhoomipujan of Biodiversity Park in Funda Village
CM Bhupesh Baghel also performed Bhoomipujan of Biodiversity Park to be developed in 20 acre land in Funda village under Durg forest division.
The Book Titled ‘Butterfly Treasure of Chhattisgarh’ Was Also Launched
Besides, CM Bhupesh Baghel also launched the book `Butterfly Treasure of Chhattisgarh` , authored by the chief conservator of forests Sanjita Gupta.
Capital:Raipur, Bilaspur (Law Capital)
Chief Minister:Bhupesh Baghel
>>Read Full News
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 9 June 2021|
|1||Indian Oil Corporation to Invest INR 24, 000 Crore in Gujarat Refinery|
|2||India’s 1st International Maritime Cluster to set up at GIFT City by GMB|
|3||Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh Released an E-booklet ’20 Reforms in 2020’ on major reforms of MoD|
|4||Overview of CESL MoUs based on Electric Vehicles and Solar Power|
|5||NHPC forms JV with JKSPDC to set up 850-MW Ratle Hydroelectric Project in J&K|
|6||Narendra Singh Tomar Virtually Inaugurated Indus Best Mega Food Park at Raipur, Chhattisgarh|
|7||IIT Madras Hosted Asia’s 1st Workshop on Memory Studies|
|8||Interpol Launched I-Familia a Global Database to Identify Missing Person|
|9||India elected to UN Economic and Social Council for term 2022-24|
|10||G7 nations made an agreement on global corporate tax|
|11||GWEC released report titled “Global Wind Workforce Outlook 2021-2025”|
|12||HeidelbergCement Plans World’s First CO2-Neutral Cement Plant by 2030 in Sweden|
|13||World Bank Approved a $500 million program to support India’s MSMEs|
|14||RS Dhondkar Appointed As Liquidator of Shivajirao Bhosale Bank|
|15||Hitendra Dave Appointed As CEO Of HSBC India|
|16||Maldives’ Abdulla Shahid Elected as President of the 76th Session of UN General Assembly|
|17||Ranjitsinh Disale becomes Educational Advisor of World Bank|
|18||SpaceX’s Dragon Capsule carries Squids, Microorganisms to ISS|
|19||Indian Navy inducts 3 Indigenous ALH MK-III at INS Dega, Andhra Pradesh|
|20||China’s ‘Artificial Sun’ sets new world record by running at 120 Million degrees Celsius|
|21||IIT Hyderabad develops Oral Amphotericin B(AmB)|
|22||BharatPe Becomes ICC’s Official Partner Till 2023|
|23||FIH world rankings 2021: Indian Men’s team at 4th, Women’s Team at 9th|
|24||Film producer Ronnie Screwvala Authored A Book Titled “Skill It, Kill It”|
|25||World Oceans Day 2021 – June 8|
|26||World Brain Tumour Day 2021 – June 8|
|27||Haryana announces ‘Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme’ to benefit Trees|
|28||Chhattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel Launched Chief Minister’s Tree Plantation Promotion Scheme|