On occasion of the World Environment Day (i.e June 5) Haryana Chief Minister launched ‘Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme (PVDPS)’, which is the 1st of its kind initiative in India and Oxy Van (Oxygen Forests) initiative.
- PVDPS – It is an initiative to honour Trees which are of the age of 75 years and above. For maintenance of such trees, Tree pension amount of INR 2500 will be given each year under the scheme.
- Oxy Van – Around 3 Crore saplings will be planted in a year in Haryana and plantation will be done on 10% of 8 lakh acres of panchayat land, which will be named as Oxy Van.
- During the pandemic, several states including Haryana experienced shortage of medical oxygen which was needed for treatment of COVID-19 patients. These 2 initiatives are aimed at avoiding such deficits in the future.
Pran Vayu Devta Pension Scheme (PVDPS)
The initiative aims to honour trees which have served humanity throughout their life by producing oxygen, reducing pollution, providing shade and so on.
- 2, 500 such trees have been identified throughout Haryana and they will be looked after by involving local people in the scheme.
- The Treen pension will be given by the Urban Local Bodies department for maintenance of trees, installing plates, grilles etc.
- The pension will increase each year, similar to the Old Age Samman Pension Scheme in Haryana.
Oxy Forests will be planted on land ranging from 5-100 acres in the cities of Haryana.
- Around 3 Crore trees will be planted on such lands and they will occupy 10% of the 8 lakh hectares of land across Haryana.
- Oxy Van Panchkula will be established in Bir Ghaggar at Panchkula district of Haryana with an area of 100 acres with cost of Rs 1 crore.
- The parks will have an information centre, a souvenir shop, amphitheatre, and will also have light and sound shows.
Recent Related News:
April 23, 2021, Haryana launched ‘Haryana COVID Emergency Loan Scheme’ for new and old entrepreneurs supplying medicines, oxygen and other medical facilities to COVID-19 patients in the state.
Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
Governor – Satyadeo Narain Arya
Capital – Chandigarh