Convergence Energy Services Limited (CESL), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the Ministry of Power has made important partnerships for the deployment of electric vehicles and solar power in India during World Environment Day.
- MoUs signed with Meghalaya and Union Territory of Ladakh amounting to around 65 MW of decentralised solar.
- Signed MoUs with state governments of Goa, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala to procure the electric two and three-wheelers.
- CESL also made partnerships with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), TVS Motor Company, JBM Renewables Pvt Ltd., and Fortum India. Under these agreements, CESL and the private companies will jointly undertake the expansion and adoption of the electric vehicle (EV) ecosystem.
a.MoU between CESL and Meghalaya and UT of Ladakh for 65 MW of decentralised solar:
- MoU for 60MW with Meghalaya Power Distribution Corporation Ltd (MePDCL) and also for the business development to implement various sustainable solutions like pump sets, LED lighting and solar power stations for agriculture, etc in the north-eastern state of Meghalaya.
ii.Under the MoU with UT of Ladakh, CESL will implement various clean energy and energy efficiency programmes including decentralised solar power in the Zanskar region worth 5MW.
b.CESL’s Partnership with Goa, Kerala, and Andhra Pradesh:
CESL made partnerships with state governments of Goa, Kerala and Andhra Pradesh to supply over 30,000 electric two- and three-wheelers to boost green mobility in India.
c.CESL MoU with Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), TVS Motor Company, JBM Renewables Pvt Ltd., and Fortum India
CESL has entered into strategic relationships with private companies like Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), TVS Motor Company, JBM Renewables Pvt Ltd., and Fortum India for the expansion and adoption of the EV ecosystem.
Setting up of public charging infrastructure, better technological adoption in charging and also include the development of highway and expressway Charge Point Operators.
i.CESL’s Partnership with TVS Motor Company:
- CESL made a partnership with TVS Motor Company for expanding the presence of TVS iQube Electric in over 20 cities in India by the end of FY22.
- TVS Motor Company became the 1st two-wheeler manufacturer to partner with CESL.
ii.MoU between CESL and JBM Renewables:
- JBM Renewables Pvt Ltd, a part of JBM Group and CESL signed an MoU for a period of 3 years to jointly set up a public Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure (EVCI) across India for EVs.
- As a pilot project, JBM and CESL will work towards creating an integrated EV ecosystem platform comprising renewable energy, energy storage systems and EV charging solutions.
- JBM Renewables is engaged in the renewable energy business primarily in solar power generation across Haryana, New Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Gujarat and Maharashtra.
Recent Related News:
On 26th March 2021, CESL signed a pact with CSC e-Governance Services India Limited, a Special Purpose Vehicle (CSC SPV) to create a demand aggregation for electric mobility(e-mobility), solar, energy efficiency solutions and other initiatives of CESL.
About Convergence Energy Services Ltd (CESL):
Convergence is a newly launched venture house of The EESL Group owned by central public sector undertakings under the Ministry of Power, Government of India.
CEO – Mahua Acharya