AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 7 & 8 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Where was India’s 1st thunderstorm research testbed planned (as of Feb 2021) to be established by India Meteorological Department (IMD)?
1) Dr. Abdul Kalam Island, Odisha
2) Digha, West Bengal
3) Balasore, Odisha
4) Sagar Island
5) Kolkata, West BengalAnswer- 3) Balasore, Odisha
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) is set to establish India’s first thunderstorm research testbeds at Balasore, Odisha. The testbed will be established in collaboration between the Ministry of Earth Science, IMD, Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation(ISRO). This will reduce the human fatalities and loss of properties due to lightning strikes in Odisha and Eastern States. The research unit contains radar, wind profiler, microwave radiometer.
- What was the targeted Ground Level Credit (GLC) for agriculture & allied sectors set by Govt. of India for 2021-22?
1) Rs. 15 lakh crore
2) Rs. 12 lakh crore
3) Rs. 13.50 lakh crore
4) Rs. 16.50 lakh crore
5) Rs. 15.75 lakh croreAnswer-4) Rs. 16.50 lakh crore
Government has fixed the target of Rs. 16.50 lakh crore for Ground Level Credit (GLC) to agriculture for 2021-2022. It is an increase of 10% over the previous year’s Rs 15 lakh crore. The target has been fixed considering the performance under GLC flow during 2013-14 to 2020-21. The corpus for micro-irrigation has been doubled to Rs 10,000 crore from Rs 5,000 crore. The allocation for the Rural Infrastructure Development Fund has been increased from Rs 30,000 crore to Rs 40,000 crore.
- What is the focal theme of 45th International Kolkata Book Fair, planned to be held in July 2021?
1) Climate Change
2) North East India
3) Gandhi: The Writers’ Writer
4) Books for Readers with Special Needs
5) BangladeshAnswer-5) Bangladesh
The 45th International Kolkata Book Fair, will be held in July 2021 at the Central Park, Salt Lake, Kolkata, West Bengal. The focal theme country of the Book fair 2021 will be ‘Bangladesh’, since the year 2021 marks the 100th birth anniversary of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman and Bangladesh’s 50 year of Independence.
- Where did Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD), recently (in Feb 2021) found the presence of 1600 tons of lithium?
1) Madhya Pradesh
5) Andhra PradeshAnswer-4) Karnataka
Preliminary surveys on surface and limited subsurface by Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD), a constituent unit of Department of Atomic Energy have shown presence of Lithium resources of 1,600 tonnes (inferred category) in the pegmatites of Marlagalla – Allapatna area, Mandya district, Karnataka. Lithium is a key element for new technologies and finds its use in ceramics, glass, telecommunication and aerospace industries.
- Who was recently (in Feb 2021), inducted into the National Security Advisory Board (NSAB)?
1) S N Subrahmanyan
2) Sridhar Vembu
3) Arun K Singh
4) Anshuman Tripathy
5) K RadhakrishnanAnswer-2) Sridhar Vembu
Padma Shri awardee, Sridhar Vembu, founder & Chief Executive Officer(CEO) of Zoho has been appointed to the National Security Advisory Board(NSAB). Generally, members of NSAB have a 2-year term. He received the Padma Shri award in 2021 for Trade and Industry. National Security Advisor (NSA), Ajit Doval, heads the NSAB. NSAB consists of a group of top national security experts outside the government.
- Who received the Zayed Award for Human Fraternity in February 2021?
1) Roman pontiff
2) António Guterres
3) Latifa ibn Ziaten
4) Both 1 & 2
5) Both 2 & 3Answer-5) Both 2 & 3
António Guterres, the Secretary general of UN and Latifa ibn Ziaten, Moroccan-French activist jointly received the Zayed Award for Human Fraternity 2021, during the virtual event held at Abu Dhabi, UAE on 4th February 2021 which coincided with the first International Day of Human Fraternity. The award comprises a cash prize of 1 million USD.
- Who authored the book ‘Parliamentary Messenger in Rajasthan’?
1) K.N. Bhandari
2) M. Venkaiah Naidu
3) Dr Abhishek Singhvi
4) Chinmay Tumbe
5) Suman DubeyAnswer-1) K.N. Bhandari
On February 5, 2021 M. Venkaiah Naidu, Vice President of India released a book titled ‘Parliamentary Messenger in Rajasthan’. The book is authored by Dr K.N. Bhandari. The book focuses on the health and education initiatives that were launched through the Members of Parliament Local Area Development(MPLAD) Scheme on the recommendation of Dr Abhishek Singhvi in Rajasthan over 12 years from 2006 to 2018.
- When is UN’s International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation observed annually?
1) 7th February
2) 8th February
3) 4th February
4) 3rd February
5) 6th FebruaryAnswer-5) 6th February
The United Nations(UN)’s International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation is annually observed across the globe on 6th February to heighten the efforts towards eliminating the process of Female Genital Mutilation(FGM). The theme of International Day of Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation 2021: “No Time for Global Inaction, Unite, Fund, and Act to End Female Genital Mutilation”.
- Which state became the 1st in India to launch “e-Cabinet” app making the cabinet proceedings paperless?
2) Himachal Pradesh
5) AssamAnswer-2) Himachal Pradesh
On 5th February 2021, Jai Ram Thakur, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh inaugurated the first e-cabinet at Shimla. The state became the first to implement e-cabinet and make the end-to-end processing of cabinets paperless. This is the first of its kind electronic platform in India. Features – Environment Friendly, Efficient Processing, Time Saving, Beforehand Access to Ministers, Refined Decision Making, Better Record Keeping and Access, OTP Based Signing of Documents & Ensuring of Implementation.
- What is the utility of Indian Government’s recently (in Feb 2021), launched web portal “MCA21 Version 3.0”?
1) Submitting Documents to District Courts
2) Household Solar Electricity Generation
3) Avail Central Government Services
4) Avail Geothermal Services
5) Submit Compliance Documents by CompaniesAnswer-5) Submit Compliance Documents by Companies
The Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) is set to launch the portal ‘MCA21 Version 3.0’ during the Fiscal Year 2021-22. The portal will be the 1st Mission Mode e-Governance project of Government of India (GoI). MCA21 portal is used by companies for submitting various documents as part of compliance requirements under the company law. It is set to be driven by Data Analytics and will have additional modules for e-Adjudication, e-Consultation and Compliance Management. The portal will be equipped with Micro-services architecture for advanced analytics & emerging digital technologies like Artificial Intelligence (AI) & Machine Language (ML).