AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 6 & 7 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- The Finance Ministry has extended the validity of the Stand-Up India Scheme till 2025, where it also announced that Rs. 25,586 Crore Loans to over 1.14 Lakh Accounts were distributed under the scheme.
Identify the points which are precisely linked to the Stand-Up India Scheme:
A) The bank loan scheme was introduced in 2016 with a maximum repayment period of 7 years.
B) Loans are provided only for Greenfield projects.
C) Bank loans up to Rs. 10 lakhs can be availed by SC, ST & Women borrowers from Scheduled Commercial Banks.
1) Only C
2) Only A & C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only B & C
5) Only A & BAnswer-5) Only A & B
Finance Ministry has stated that Banks have sanctioned more than INR 25, 586 Crore Loans to over 1.14 Lakh Accounts (Till March 23, 2021) under the Stand-Up India Scheme since its launch in 2016. Simultaneously, the government extended the validity of the Stand-Up India Scheme till 2025.
· Bank loans between INR 10 Lakh & INR 1 Crore to at least one SC/ST borrower & at least one-woman borrower per bank branch of Scheduled Commercial Banks.
· Loans under the scheme are available for only greenfield projects.
· Repayment Period – Maximum of 7 years
- On March 31, 2021, The Government of India has infused Rs 14,500 crore in 4 weak Public Sector Banks (PSBs) by issuing non-interest-bearing Zero-Coupon Recapitalisation Bonds.
Pick the points that precisely match with Govt. recapitalisation:
A) 4 PSB’s – United Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank, Bank of India & UCO Bank
B) Govt. has allocated Rs. 20,000 crores for FY-22 for capital infusion in PSBs
C) Zero-Coupon Recapitalisation Bonds are Tradable bonds, through which weak PSB’s can raise money
1) Only A & B
2) Only A & C
3) Only C
4) Only B
5) Only B & CAnswer-4) Only B
On March 31, 2021, The Government of India(GOI) has infused Rs 14,500 crore ($1.98 billion) in 4 weak Public Sector Banks (PSBs) by issuing them non-interest-bearing Zero-Coupon Recapitalisation Bonds with maturities between March 31, 2031, and March 31, 2036.
· 4-Banks: Central Bank of India, Indian Overseas Bank (IOB), Bank of India & UCO Bank.
· 3 of the 4 PSB’s namely IOB, Central Bank of India and UCO Bank are currently under RBI’s prompt corrective action (PCA) framework.
· For FY22, the government had allocated Rs 20,000 crore for capital infusion into the public sector banks for meeting regulatory requirements.
· Zero-Coupon Recapitalisation Bonds are bonds that are non-tradable & non-transferable which will be limited only to a specific bank for a specified period.
- Which financial institution recently (in Apr’21) invested $137 million in India’s Green Growth Equity Fund (GGEF), that is managed by EverSource Capital?
1) Reconstruction Finance Corporation (RFC)
2) Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (FMO)
3) Korea Development Bank (KDB)
4) European Investment Bank (EIB)
5) Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC)Answer-2) Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (FMO)
On April 2, 2021, Dutch entrepreneurial development bank (FMO) invested $137 million (~ Rs 1000 crore) in India’s Green Growth Equity Fund (GGEF), managed by EverSource Capital, to invest in India’ green energy space such as clean energy, transportation, resource efficiency and energy services.
About EverSource Capital:
It is the fund manager of GGEF and it aims to raise a total of $940 million
GGEF’s anchor investors – India’s National Investments and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) and the UK’s Department for International Development.
Establishment – 2018
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- In April 2021, Vjosa Osmani-Sadriu was appointed as the President of _________.
5) MontenegroAnswer-1) Kosovo
On April 4, 2021, Kosovo’s Parliament elected the 38 years old Vjosa Osmani-Sadriu as its new president for a five-year term succeeding HashimThaci.
About the Republic of Kosovo:
On 17 February 2008, Kosovo became independent from Serbia after the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO)’s intervention.
Capital – Pristina
Currency – Euro
- In April 2021, Nguyen Xuan Phuc & Pham Minh Chinh were elected as the President & Prime Minister of ______________.
5) VietnamAnswer-5) Vietnam
On 5th April 2021, Nguyen Xuan Phuc of Communist Party of Vietnam, was sworn in as the President of Vietnam at Hanoi, Vietnam. While Pham Minh Chinh was elected as the new Prime Minister of Vietnam.
Currency– Vietnamese dong
- Who was appointed (in Apr’21) as the new Mission Director of Niti Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)?
1) Arvind Panagariya
2) Rajiv Kumar
3) Ramanathan Ramanan
4) Chintan Vaishnav
5) Amitabh KantAnswer-4) Chintan Vaishnav
Dr Chintan Vaishnav will replace Ramanathan Ramanan to become the new Mission Director of Niti Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) from mid-April 2021. Ramanathan Ramanan is the 1st mission director of AIM since June 2017.
· AIM was launched by NITI Aayog in 2016.
· Karnataka tops in NITI Aayog’s “Indian Innovation Index 2020”
- Who won the 2021 Miami Open Men’s Single title?
1) Hubert Hurkacz
2) Daniil Medvedev
3) Jannik Sinner
4) Daniel Evans
5) Neal SkupskiAnswer-1) Hubert Hurkacz
The 2021 Miami Open took place in Miami, USA from 22nd March – 4th April 2021.
It is a Hard Court Tournament.
Poland’s Hubert Hurkacz won the 2021 Miami Open Men’s Single title.
Australia’s Ashleigh Barty won the Miami Open 2021 Women’s Single Title.
- In April 2021, Isamu Akasaki, a Nobel Prize winner in Physics passed away. For which invention he was awarded the Nobel Prize in 2014?
1) Theoretical Discoveries in Physical Cosmology
2) Energy Efficient Blue LED
3) Gravitational Waves Observatory “LIGO”
4) Discovery of a supermassive compact object at the center of our galaxy
5) Discovery on Black Hole formation under the general Theory of RelativityAnswer-2) Energy Efficient Blue LED
On 1st April 2021, Isamu Akasaki, one of the winners of the 2014 Nobel Prize in Physics passed away at the age of 92 in Nagoya, Japan. He won the Nobel prize for the invention of the world’s first efficient blue LED (Light Emitting Diode).
- When was the National Maritime Day annually celebrated?
1) 2nd April
2) 31st March
3) 3rd April
4) 5th April
5) 30th MarchAnswer-4) 5th April
The National Maritime Day is annually observed across India on 5th April, to create awareness about intercontinental commerce and the economy.
Theme for 2021 – ‘Sustainable Shipping beyond COVID-19’.
The 5th April 1919 marked the beginning of Indian Shipping when Indian ship ‘SS Loyalty’ sailed from Mumbai, India to London, United Kingdom.
- Which state govt. signed an MoU with Wadhwani Institute for Artificial Intelligence (in Apr’21) for developing an AI based mobile app to assist its cotton farmers?
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-3) Telangana
On April 3, 2021, Department of Agriculture, Government of Telangana & the Wadhwani Institute for Artificial Intelligence (Wadhwani AI), Mumbai signed an MoU for deploying AI solutions (mobile app) to assist Cotton farmers in beating pest infestations.
Leading Cotton Growing States in India – Gujarat, Maharashtra, Telangana.