AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 5 & 6 July 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the ministry which in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) launched ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge’.
1) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
2) Ministry of Science and Technology
3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
4) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-3) Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology
The ‘AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge’ for Indian tech entrepreneurs and startups was launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, with an objective to support and build Aatmanirbhar App Ecosystem.Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (Meity) in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) launched the challenge & will regulate the challenge.
- Which Union minister along with Kiren Rijiju (Minister of Sports and Youth Affairs) launched “Fit Hai To Hit Hai India” webinar recently?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Prakash Javadekar
3) Harsh Vardhan
4) Nirmala Sitharaman
5) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
Answer-5) Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’
“Fit Hai To Hit Hai India” webinar program was launched, under the India’s flagship Fit India campaign, by the Union Minister of Human Resource Development Dr Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ and Minister of State (MoS) for Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs Kiren Rijiju. This webinar marked the launch of ‘#FitIndiaTalks’, which will see a series of talks and interactive sessions being held by leading sports celebrities for students. The first session was held on 3rd July itself with the participation of P.V. (Pusarla Venkata) Sindhu and Sunil Chhetri.The Fit India Talks sessions are being organized in association with the Sports Authority of India and the Ministry of Human Resource Development.
- Chambal Expressway facilitate traffic movement between Rajasthan and which state/UT?
1) New Delhi
3) West Bengal
4) Madhya Pradesh
Answer-4) Madhya Pradesh
Union Minister Nitin Gadkari announced a new road project – Chambal Expressway – to facilitate traffic between Rajasthan and Madhya Pradesh.The 280-km-long expressway, to be constructed at a cost of Rs 6,000 crore, will go parallel to the Chambal river via Shivpuri, Bhind, Morena to Kota (Rajasthan). The expressway will connect the North-South Corridor to the East-West Corridor and will lead to overall development of the area.
- Which country is the largest contributor of e-waste in 2019, as per UN’s “The Global E-waste Monitor 2020 report”?
2) United States
In accordance with the 3rd edition of “The Global E-waste Monitor 2020 report-Quantities, flows, and the circular economy potential” report, the world dumped a record 53.6 million tonnes of e-waste in 2019, an increase of 21% in 5 years. With this e-waste becomes the world’s fastest-growing domestic waste stream. Notably, this waste is enough to form a line 125 kilometres long. China is the biggest contributor to e-waste with 10.1 million tonnes (mt) followed by the United States (US) with 6.9 mt and India with 3.2 mt at 2nd and 3rd rank respectively. Together these three countries accounted for nearly 38% of the world’s e-waste last year.
- How much loss will be incurred in tourism sector because of 4-month lockdown due to COVID-19 as per UNCTAD’s report?
1) USD 2.2 trillion
2) USD 1.2 trillion
3) USD 1.8 trillion
4) USD 0.9 trillion
5) USD 2.4 trillion
Answer-2) USD 1.2 trillion
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) published the report, COVID-19 and Tourism: Assessing the Economic Consequences stating that the World Tourism sector could lose around 1.2 trillion USD or 1.5% of the Global Gross Domestic Product (GDP) because of the 4months lockdown due to global pandemic situation.
- “NAFTA 2.0” is the trade deal between which countries?
1) United States
4) Only 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
Answer-5) All the 1), 2) and 3)
The USMCA enters into force on July 1st 2020 bringing major change. As one of the most modern Trade Agreements in the world it is focused on implementing international standards while seeking to promote best practices for all industries.The Agreement between the United States of America, Mexico, and Canada (USMCA), is a free trade agreement between the north American countries. Rather than a wholly new agreement, it has been characterized as “NAFTA 2.0”.
- Find the ministry which has planned to launch TOPS junior programme.
1) Human Resource Development Ministry
2) Sports Ministry
3) Finance Ministry
4) Commerce Ministry
5) Food Processing Industries Ministry
Answer-2) Sports Ministry
The Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijijuannounced that the government will launch Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS) for junior athletes (besides the already existing TOPS senior, for grooming the potential juniors as well for the 10-12 years old) to groom them for 2024 and 2028 Olympics.
- Which Indian state has launched ‘Balaram’ scheme (designed in collaboration with NABARD) to provide agricultural credit to landless farmers?
Government of Odisha launched 1st of its kind scheme, ‘Balaram’ to provide agricultural credit of Rs 1,040 crore to landless farmers facing hardships during COVID 19.The Scheme is designed in collaboration with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
- Administration of UT Ladakh has launched “Ladakh Food Security Scheme” with effect from July 1, 2020. Who is the LG of Ladakh?
1) Radha Krishna Mathur
3) Jagdish Mukhi
4) Girish Chandra Murmu
Answer-1) Radha Krishna Mathur
The Administration of the Union Territory of Ladakh launched the Ladakh Food Security Scheme (LFSS) and the Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Food Entitlement Scheme (MMSFES) of Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) was discontinued.Ladakh: Lieutenant Governor– Radha Krishna Mathur.
- Find the Asset Management Company (AMC) which is going to launch second tranche of the Bharat Bond ETF to raise Rs 14,000 crore.
1) Kotak Mahindra Asset Management Company
2) Edelweiss Asset Management Company
3)ICICI Prudential Asset Management Company
4) L&T Investment Management Limited
5) HDFC Asset Management Company
Answer-2) Edelweiss Asset Management Company
Edelweiss Asset Management Company (AMC), a subsidiary of Edelweiss Capital Limited (ECL) has decided to bring the second instalment of the Bharat Bond ETF (Exchange Traded Fund) with two new series to raise Rs 14,000 crore in July 2020.Through the launch of these two new ETF series, which have maturities of 5 years and 11 years, Edelweiss aims to raise an initial amount of Rs. 2,000 crores from institutional players with a greenshoe option of Rs. 6,000 crores 5-year maturity period (April 2025) and initial amount of Rs. 1,000 crores with a green shoe option of Rs. 5,000 crores in 11 years (April 2031).
- Which insurance company has partnered with BOB financial to offer COVID-19 insurance cover?
1) Oriental Insurance
2) Tata AIA Life Insurance
3) IndiaFirst Life Insurance
4) Max Life Insurance
5) Future Generali India Life Insurance
Answer-3) IndiaFirst Life Insurance
IndiaFirst Life Insurance Company Limited(IndiaFirst Life) associated with BOB Financial Services Limited (BOB Financial), a wholly owned subsidiary of Bank of Baroda(BOB) to offer a group insurance cover. The cover will provide financial support to the BOB credit card customers upon their hospitalisation or on COVID-19 diagnosis.
- Which PSU signed a pact with Coal India to form 50:50 Joint Venture to develop 5000MW solar and thermal power assets?
1) GAIL India
3) NLC India Limited
4) NTPC Limited
5) SAIL India
Answer-3) NLC India Limited
NLC India Limited signed a pact with Coal India Ltd (CIL) to form a joint venture (JV) to develop 5,000 megawatts (MW) of solar and thermal power assets across the country. There will be equal equity participation of both companies in the proposed JV i.e. in the ratio of 50:50. Notably, both undertakings are under the administrative control of the Ministry of Coal.
- With which company Indian railways signed MoU to provide video surveillance at 6,049 stations across country?
5) None of these
The Indian Railways and RailTel signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for installation of an IP-based video surveillance system at 6,049 railway stations across the country.
- The UK India Business Council (UKIBC) signed a MoU with industrial development corporation of which state for sustainable business between UK & India?
4) West Bengal
The UK India Business Council(UKIBC) signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC), to improve the business relationship between India(Maharashtra) and the United Kingdom(UK).
- Name the person who has been appointed as the new prime minister of France.
1) Jean Castex
2) Maurice Gourdault-Montagne
3) Edouard Philippe
4) Antonin Baudry
5) Emmanuel Macron
Answer-1) Jean Castex
French President Emmanuel Macron appointed a public Servant, Jean Castex(55) as the new Prime Minister of government reshuffle, replacing Edouard Philippe.
- Rajeeva Swarup was appointed as the Chief Secretary of which state?
4) West Bengal
The Rajasthan Government appointed Rajeeva Swarup the current Additional Chief Secretary (Home) as the new Chief Secretary (CS) of Rajasthan replacing incumbent D.B. Gupta in the bureaucratic reshuffle amid COVID-19 pandemic.
- The US based KKR has agreed to buy _____% stake in Mumbai-based JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals for Rs 3100 crore (approx).
US private equity giant KKR has agreed to acquire a 54% stake(41.7 million or 4.17 crore fully paid up equity shares) in Mumbai-based drug manufacturer JB Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals for approximately Rs 3100 crore. KKR will make the investment through its subsidiaries, Tau Investments Holdings Pte. Ltd., Tau Holdco Pte. Ltd., and KKR Asia III Fund Investments Pte.
- Mars Orbiter Mission’s (MOM) mars colour camera has captured closest and largest moon of mars ‘Phobos’ recently. MOM is associated which country?
1) United States
Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) released the picture of the closest and biggest moon of Mars named “Phobos” which was captured by Mars Colour Camera (MCC) onboard India’s Mars Orbiter Mission (MOM). The image was taken on July 1, 2020 when MOM was about 7200 km from Mars and at 4200 km from Phobos.
- Badminton champion Lin Dan who announced retirement recently belongs to which country?
China’s Badminton player and 2 times Olympic Champion, Lin Dan announced his retirement due to his physical capabilities and injuries. He won gold at the Beijing 2008 and London 2012 Olympics.
- SumitNagal who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
Rising tennis star SumitNagal has become the first Indian to win an international tournament in the COVID-19 era after he lifted the PSD Bank Nord Open trophy, a locally organised clay court tournament in Germany.
- Carl Reiner who passed away recently is a renowned _______.
3) Comedy Icon
4) Folk Dancer
5) Pop Singer
Answer-3) Comedy Icon
American Veteran Hollywood and multi-hyphenate personality Carl Reiner, a creator and director of several Steve Martin films, died at 98 of natural causes at his Beverly Hills home.He has won multiple Emmy Awards, among which 5 awards were backed by “The Dick Van Dyke Show” in the 1960s.
- Who has inaugurated the celebrations for Dharma Chakra Day 2020 which was Organized by International Buddhist Confederation in partnership with Ministry of Culture on July 4, 2020?
1) Pranab Mukherjee
2) Amit Shah
3) Ram Nath Kovind
4) Narendra Modi
5) Venkaiah Naidu
Answer-3) Ram Nath Kovind
On July 4, 2020 President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind has virtually inaugurated the celebrations for the Dharma Chakra Day 2020 Organized by International Buddhist Confederation (IBC), in partnership with Union Ministry of Culture, from the Rashtrapati Bhawan at New Delhi on the occasion of Asadha Poornima (also known as Guru Purnima) , a Full Moon day or Purnima that occurs in the Hindu month of Ashadha (July) as per Indian sun calendar.
- When was Vesak day celebrated on 2020?
1) May 11
2) July 5
3) May 7
4) July 1
5) June 15
Answer-3) May 7
Before Asadha Poornima, Buddha Poornima or Vesak day (May 7, 2020) and Global Prayer Week from May 7- 16, 2020 have been celebrated jointly by the Ministry of Culture, with the participation of all the supreme heads of Buddhist associations around the world in collaboration with IBC, a global Buddhist composite organization.
- International Day of Cooperatives (IDC) 2020 was observed on July 4. What is the theme of IDC 2020?
1) “Sustainable societies through cooperation”
2) “Cooperatives for Climate Action”
3) “Co-operatives ensure no one is left behind”
4) “Cooperatives: The power to act for a sustainable future”
5) “COOPS 4 Decent Work”
Answer-2) “ Cooperatives for Climate Action ”
The United Nations International Day of Cooperatives is annually celebrated on the first Saturday of July which falls on 4th of July in 2020. The day is celebrated to create awareness on the importance of cooperatives and to highlight the goals and objectives of the United Nations and the cooperative movements. The theme of the 2020 celebration is “Cooperatives for Climate Action”.
- Which edition of Road Safety Week was observed across India between 11-17 January 2020 on theme “Bringing Change Through Youth”?
The Road Safety Week was observed across India from 11th January 2020 to 17th January 2020. Union Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari inaugurated the 31st Road Safety Campaign in Nagpur,Maharashtra. Theme: “Bringing Change Through Youth”.
- Which state/UT has launched ‘LEAD’ e-portal for students?
2) Jammu & Kashmir
4) New Delhi
Answer-4) New Delhi
Delhi Deputy Chief Minister and education minister Manish Sisodia launched an e- portal, ‘Learning through E-Resources Made Accessible for Delhi’(LEAD) for its students to strengthen the children’s online education. The e- portal contains 10,000 instructional materials and course content for Classes I to XII. It is developed by the State Council of Educational Research and Training (SCERT), the Delhi government.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port is located in which city?
Amid frequent disruption of cross-border trade via the Petrapole-Benapole land ports, Syama Prasad Mookerjee Port (SMP) [erstwhile Kolkata Port Trust (KoPT)] has started a new shipping service between Kolkata Dock System (KDS) and Chattogram (Bangladesh ) through Indo-Bangladesh Protocol Route to transport containers with the aim to increase the Indo-Bangla trade. The Container Ship ‘M.V Asiatic Moon (Singapore Flag) is expected to transport 300 containers of Indian exports to Bangladesh.
- ‘Urban Forest’ is the initiative of which ministry?
1) Ministry of Culture
2) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
3) Ministry of Human Resource Development
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises
Answer-4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change Shri Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated Unique “Urban Forest” at the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India(CAG) in New Delhi. The”Miyawaki method”of forest creation is employed which could help to reduce the temperature and increase the moisture.
- Prayagraj airport is located in which state?
5) Uttar Pradesh
Answer-5) Uttar Pradesh
Tribes India Outlet of TRIFED under Ministry of Tribal Affairs was opened at Prayagraj Airport. The Tribes India outlet at Prayagraj Airport is the second one in the city of Prayagraj and the 4th in the State of Uttar Pradesh. It was inaugurated through Video Conferencing by MD, TRIFED Shri Pravir Krishna. In collaboration with Airport Authority of India (AAI), TRIFED has set up 9 Tribes India Showrooms at Airports in Chennai, Jaipur, Udaipur, Coimbatore, Trivandrum, Ahmedabad, Pune, Kolkata and Goa, which are doing very well. The newly-inaugurated outlet at Prayagraj Airport is the 10th such outlet (at airports) and the 121st across the country.
- Hagia Sophia Museum is located at which country?
5) None of the Above
Recently, the government of Turkey has decided to convert Istanbul’s iconic Hagia Sophia Museum into a mosque. Note: The iconic Hagia Sophia museum is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the archaeological wonders of the world.
- Kaziranga national park is located in which state?
5) Uttar Pradesh
According to Kaziranga National Park authorities around 80% of its area has been inundated due to floods due to recent rain.It is located in the State of Assam and covers 42,996 Hectare (ha). It is the single largest undisturbed and representative area in the Brahmaputra Valley floodplain.
- Nagarhole national park is located in which state?
1) Andhra Pradesh
4) Tamil Nadu
Recently, the Karnataka Forest Department has decided to put in place a traffic monitoring mechanism along the roads adjacent to Nagarahole National Park.It is also known as ‘Rajiv Gandhi National Park’.
- Who is the present chairman of NABARD?
1) P.V.S Suryakumar
2) Govinda Rajulu Chintala
3) Shaji K V
4) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
5) Ajay Tyagi
Answer-2) Govinda Rajulu Chintala
Govinda Rajulu Chintala was appointed as the chairman of NABARD in May 2020.