AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 31 May 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- What is the name of missile park which is going to be set up in INS Kalinga (laid foundation stone recently)?
5) DhanushprasthaAnswer-4) Agneeprastha
The foundation stone for a Missile Park named ‘Agneeprastha’ was laid by Commodore Rajesh Debnath& a 2 MegaWatt(MW) solar photovoltaic plant was commissioned by Vice Admiral Atul Kumar Jain, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Eastern Naval Command(ENS) at INS Kalinga, Visakhapatnam.
- Ministry of New and Renewable energy (MNRE) proposed the ‘One Sun One World One Grid’ (OSOWOG) to interconnect renewable energy of more than 140 countries by sharing resources. Who is the present Renewable energy minister (I/C)?
2) Raj Kumar Singh
3) Ravi Shankar Prasad
4) Giriraj Singh
5) Pralhad JoshiAnswer-2) Raj Kumar Singh
The Union Ministry of New and Renewable energy (MNRE) proposed the ‘One Sun One World One Grid’ (OSOWOG) to interconnect renewable energy by sharing solar resources with more than 140 countries of West Asia and SouthEast Asia. The grid will be interconnected with African power pools.Minister of State (IC) (Power, New & Renewable Energy)– Raj Kumar Singh.
- Which country has joined (recently) an international panel of G7 for setting up the ethical guidelines for the use of artificial intelligence (AI)?
3) United States
5) ItalyAnswer-3) United States
The United States (US) has joined an international panel of Group of Seven (G7) for setting up ethical guidelines for the use of artificial intelligence (AI). The partnership was launched after a virtual meet of technology ministers of member nations. The aim of this panel is to counter the China’s twisting technology in ways that threaten civil liberties.
- NABARD has extended Rs. 1,050 crores special liquidity facility (SLF) to which state recently for FY21?
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Tamil Nadu
4) Madhya Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-5) West Bengal
National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has extended Rs 1,050 crore special liquidity facility (SLF) to West Bengal (WB) so far in the current fiscal year (FY 21) for the welfare of farmers and poor people in the state.
- What is the GDP growth of India in 2019-20 as per the data of National Statistical Office (NSO)?
5) 4.4%Answer-4) 4.2%
According to the Provisional Estimates of National Income for the financial year 2019-20 by National Statistical Office(NSO), Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MoSPI) India’s Gross Domestic Product(GDP) growth has slowed to an 11-year low of 4.2% in 2019-20 & in the final quarter(Q4- January to March) the GDP’s growth rate fell to 3.1%, against 6.2% in the 2018-19, which reflects the impact of the first week of the COVID-19 lockdown which began on March 25.
- According to the Controller General of Accounts(CGA -Soma Roy Burman) data, fiscal deficit is ____% of GDP in 2019-20.
5) 4.6%Answer-5) 4.6%
According to the Controller General of Accounts(CGA) data, the fiscal deficit for 2019-20 which signifies the gap between government revenue and expenditure has widened to 4.59%(~4.6%) of GDP, higher than the revised estimate of 3.8 %.
- What is the increase in total FDI of India in FY2019-20 as per Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)?
5) 22%Answer-2) 18%
In accordance with the data released by the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), the total foreign direct investment (FDI) increased by 18% to $73.46 billion in the FY2019-20. This hike was the highest in the four years.
- Which country has become the largest equity FDI source of India as per latest data (2019-20)?
4) United States
5) ChinaAnswer-2) Singapore
Singapore again emerged as the largest equity FDI source, contributing to inflows of $14.67. However, this is a drop from the $16.22 billion Singapore contributed in 2018-19.
- Who has been appointed as the new CMD of oriental insurance company by Banks Board Bureau?
1) AV Girija Kumar
3) Rajeev Kumar
4) SN Rajeshwari
5) BhanuPratap SharmaAnswer-4) SN Rajeshwari
The Banks Board Bureau (BBB) appointed SN Rajeshwari as the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Delhi-based Oriental Insurance Company (OIC). She will be the successor of AV Girija Kumar, 60 years old, who retires on May 2020.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the CMD of Power Finance Corporation (PFC) company with effect from June 1, 2020?
1) M V Gowtama
2) P K Gupta
3) V Kalyana Rama
4) A Rakesh Kumar
5) Ravinder Singh DhillonAnswer-5) Ravinder Singh Dhillon
State-run Power Finance Corporation (PFC) announced the appointment of Ravinder Singh Dhillon as chairman and Managing Director (CMD) from June 1, 2020. He will be the successor of Rajeev Sharma as he retires on May 31, 2020.
- Commerce and Industry minister Piyushgoyal attended the Digital Summit on Exports recently. Who organized the event (Institutional partner – EXIM bank)?
1) Tribal Cooperative Marketing Development Federation of India (TRIFED)
2) Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative (IFFCO)
3) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
4) Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)
5) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI)Answer-3) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
Union Minister for Commerce & Industry and Railways, PiyushGoyal participated in the Digital Summit on Exports organized by the Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) through a Video Conference. The institutional partner for the summit is Export-Import(EXIM) Bank.
- Find the open source database which has launched the dashboard named “CoAST India” in partnership with Anand-based Forest Ecological Security.
1) Aadhaar Metadata
2) National Portal of India
3) Survey of India
4) Open Government Data
5) India ObservatoryAnswer-5) India Observatory
India Observatory, an open-source database, launched a GIS-enabled dashboard, CoASTIndia(Collaboration/Covid Action Support Group) in collaboration with Anand-based Forest Ecological Security(FES) as its main nodal point, to help administrators, civil society organisations& volunteers to plan urgent steps to get the stranded migrant population to safety & care.
- Yogesh Gaur who passed away recently is a renowned _______.
3) Classical Singer
5) LyricistAnswer-5) Lyricist
Famous Indian Lyricist and writer Yogesh Gaur, commonly known as Yogesh in the film industry passed away at the age of 77 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was born on March 19, 1943 in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- The World digestive health day (WDHD) was observed annually on May 29. What is the theme for WDHD 2020?
1) “Viral Hepatitis, B and C: Lifting the Global Burden”
2) “Heartburn: A Global Perspective”
3) “Gut Microbiome – A Global Perspective”
4) “Diet and the Gut”
5) “Enteric Infections: Prevention and Management”Answer-3) “Gut Microbiome – A Global Perspective”
Every year 29th May is celebrated as the World Digestive Health Day (WDHD) by the World Gastroenterology Organisation(WGO) with the WGO Foundation (WGOF) to commemorate the 45th anniversary of the creation of WGO in 1958. The theme of the WDHD 2020 is “Gut Microbiome – A Global Perspective”.
- When was the No vape day 2020 observed?
1) May 30
2) June 1
3) May 31
4) June 2
5) May 29Answer-1) May 30
World Vape Day (WVD) was observed on May 30, by Millions of e-cigarette users or vapers across the globe and the day is celebrated, a day before World No Tobacco Day (May 31).
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Which edition of Africa day was observed recently in May 25, 2020?
5) 59thAnswer-2) 57th
May 25 is observed as Africa Day – an opportunity to celebrate Africa’s vitality and diversity, and to promote African unity. Africa Day celebrates the birthday of the Organisation of African Unity, which was established on May 25th, 1963 – 57 years ago – and its successor organization is the African Union, which was established in 2002.The current Chairperson of the African Union is Cyril Ramaphosa of South Africa.
- Where is the HQ of International Solar Alliance (ISA) located?
1) New Delhi
5) KolkataAnswer-4) Gurugram
International Solar Alliance (ISA) is headquartered in India. In January 2016, Narendra Modi, and the then French President François Hollande jointly laid the foundation stone of the ISA Headquarters and inaugurated the interim Secretariat at the National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE) in Gwal Pahari, Gurugram, India.
- Where is the HQ of EXIM bank located?
4) New Delhi
5) MumbaiAnswer-5) Mumbai
The HQ of Export-Import Bank of India (EXIM Bank) is located at Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- Who is the present chairman of Mumbai based NABARD?
1) P.V.S Suryakumar
2) Govinda Rajulu Chintala
3) Shaji K V
4) Harsh Kumar Bhanwala
5) Ajay TyagiAnswer-2) Govinda Rajulu Chintala
The appointments committee of the union cabinet appointed GovindaRajuluChintala as Chairman of National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) recently. He was the successor of Harsh Kumar Bhanwala. Shaji K V and P.V.S Suryakumar have been appointed as Deputy Managing Directors (DMD) of NABARD.
- Under National Solar Mission, government of India plans to achieve 100 GW solar power by which year?
5) 2024Answer-4) 2022
Union government to promote solar power and an objective to achieve 100 GigaWatt(GW) of solar power by 2022 as part of the National Solar Mission.