AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 3 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the United District Information System for Education Plus (UDISE+) report:
A) UDISE+ report for the year 2019-20 was released by Education Ministry
B) As per the report, only 22% of the Indian Schools had Internet connection in 2019-20
C) Gender Parity Index (GPI) at Higher Secondary level increased to 1.04 in 2019-20 compared to 0.97 in 2012-13
1) Only B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only C
4) Only B
5) All A, B & C
Answer-5) All A, B & C
Union Minister for Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ released the report on United District Information System for Education Plus (UDISE+) 2019-20 for School Education in India.
i.Only 39% of schools in India had computers, while 22% had an internet connection in 2019-20.
ii.Gender Parity Index (GPI) at both Secondary and Higher Secondary levels have improved. GPI has increased the most at the higher secondary level, which has increased to 1.04 in 2019-20 from 0.97 in 2012-13.
- Name the Organisation that is planning to build a Center of Excellence for Artificial Intelligence at Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management:
Arun Jaitley National Institute of Financial Management (AJNIFM) made a strategic partnership and signed an MoU with Microsoft to build a Centre of Excellence at AJNIFM, enabled with AI (Artificial Intelligence) and emerging technologies.
- In July 2021, India unveiled Asia’s longest and world’s 5th largest NATRAX (National Automotive Test Tracks) High-Speed Track. Where is the track located?
1) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
2) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
3) Pune, Maharashtra
4) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
5) Gurugram, Haryana
Answer-4) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
Union Minister Prakash Javadekar, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises (MoHI&PE) virtually inaugurated Asia’s longest and world’s 5th largest 11.3 km NATRAX (National Automotive Test Tracks) High-Speed Track (HST) in India’s Pithampur district of Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- In July 2021, Indian navy participated in the 7th Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) at La Reunion in Indian Ocean. Which country hosted the event?
3) Saudi Arabia
The 7th edition of Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS), took place from 28 June to July 1, 2021 at La Reunion, an island in the Indian Ocean east of Madagascar, which is an overseas department of France. It was hosted by the French Navy, France had assumed the Chairmanship of IONS on 29 June 2021, for a 2-year tenure.
i.IONS was initiated by the Indian Navy in 2008, currently it has 24 Members & 8 Observers states.
- As per the ‘Hydropower Special Market Report – Analysis and forecast to 2030’ report released by _____________________, India is set to increase its Hydropower capacity to ________ by 2030.
1) International Energy Agency; 230 GW
2) International Renewable Energy Agency; 230 GW
3) International Energy Agency; 26 GW
4) International Renewable Energy Agency; 26 GW
5) International Energy Agency; 260 GW
Answer-3) International Energy Agency; 26 GW
According to the ‘Hydropower Special Market Report – Analysis and forecast to 2030’ released by International Energy Agency (IEA) – India is expected to add 26 GW (or 26,000 MW) of Hydropower projects by 2030.
i.The Global hydropower capacity is set to increase by 17%, or 230 GW, between 2021 and 2030. China will remain the single largest hydropower market through 2030
- The International Migrant Workforce increased to 169 million in 2019 as per the “Global Estimates on International Migrant Workers: Results and Methodology” report. Which organisation released the report?
1) World Bank
2) United Nations Development Programme
3) World Trade Organization
4) UN High Commissioner for Refugees
5) International Labour Organisation
Answer-5) International Labour Organisation
International Migrant Workforce increases to 169 million in 2019, a rise of 5-million increase in total count or 3% rise compared to the figures of 2017, as per the “ILO Global Estimates on International Migrant Workers: Results and Methodology” report released by the United Nations International Labour Organisation (ILO).
Director-General – Guy Ryder
Founded – 1919
Headquarters – Geneva, Switzerland
- Identify the company that launched the single premium insurance plan called ‘Saral pension plan’
1) Oriental Insurance
2) United India Insurance
3) New India Assurance
4) Life Insurance Corporation
5) National Insurance
Answer-4) Life Insurance Corporation
Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) of India launched a non-linked, non-participating, single premium, individual ‘immediate annuity plan’ named ‘Saral pension plan’
The plan allows policyholders to pay a lump sum amount as the purchasing price of the plan and to receive a fixed amount of money at regular intervals.
Establishment – 1956
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman – M R Kumar
- A Student-Teacher duo from Tamil Nadu has discovered _____ new asteroids during the IASC Citizen Science Programme organised by ____________.
1) 5; ISRO
2) 2; NASA
3) 3; ISRO
4) 2; ISRO
5) 5; NASA
Answer-3) 3; ISRO
3-new asteroids (BBM2101, BBM2102, and BBM2103) were discovered by a Student-Teacher duo from Trichy, Tamil Nadu. The discovery was a part of the International Astronomical Search Collaboration (IASC) Citizen Science Programme, organised by National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).
Established – 1958
Administrator – Bill Nelson
- Which company recently (in July’21) launched 36 communication satellites using Soyuz rocket to complete its ‘Five to 50’ ambition to provide internet connectivity to the Northern Hemisphere?
5) Kepler Communications
36 Broadband Satellites of OneWeb were launched into orbit by a Soyuz rocket from Vostochny Cosmodrome in Siberia, Russia.
The launch marks the completion of OneWeb’s ‘Five to 50’ ambition to bring into orbit the satellites required to enable connectivity services to the Northern Hemisphere
- Where is the headquarters of United India Insurance Company located?
1) Kolkata, West Bengal
2) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
3) Jaipur, Rajasthan
4) Mumbai, Maharashtra
5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Answer-5) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
In July 2021, NITI Aayog had recommended the central government for the privatization of the public sector insurance company, “United India Insurance Company”.
i.United India Insurance is headquartered at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.