AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 29 January 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 29 January 2022
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the 1st India-Central Asia Summit that was held in January 2022?
A) PM Narendra Modi hosted the Summit virtually with the Presidents of 3 Nations- Afghanistan, Tajikistan & Khorasan.
B) The 1st India- Central Asia coincides with the 30th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India & Central Asian Countries.
C) An India-Central Asia Secretariat in New Delhi will be set up to support the Summit mechanism by organizing it every 2 years.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
PM Narendra Modi hosted the Summit virtually with the Presidents of 5 Nations- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan & Uzbekistan.
i. The 1st India- Central Asia coincides with the 30th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between India & Central Asian Countries.
ii. An India-Central Asia Secretariat in New Delhi will be set up to support the new mechanism.
- Which country recently (in Jan’22) signed a USD 374.96 Million deal with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited (India) to procure BrahMos missiles?
1) Sri Lanka
5) IndonesiaAnswer-3) Philippines
Philippines signed a USD 374.96 Million deal with BrahMos Aerospace Private Limited (India) for the supply of shore-based anti-ship variants of the BrahMos supersonic cruise missiles, a joint product between India and Russia and it will be the 1st export order for the missile.
i. The deal includes the delivery of 3 batteries, providing training for operators and maintainers and providing the necessary Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) package.
- Which INS recently inducted the indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) MK III aircraft (in Jan’22) to Boost Maritime Security?
1) INS Baaz
2) INS Jarawa
3) INS Kardip
4) INS Utkrosh
5) INS KohassaAnswer-4) INS Utkrosh
The Indigenous Advanced Light Helicopter (ALH) MK III aircraft was formally inducted at INS Utkrosh by Commander-in-Chief, Andaman and Nicobar Command (CINCAN) Lieutenant General Ajai Singh at Port Blair, Andaman &Nicobar to boost maritime security.
i. The ALH MK III aircraft is manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) in order to boost the security of Andaman & Nicobar.
- In which city India’s largest Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station was inaugurated by National Highway for Electric Vehicle (NHEV) in January 2022?
1) Patna, Bihar
2) Gurgaon, Haryana
3) Ranchi, Jharkhand
4) Gandhinagar, Gujarat
5) Noida, Uttar PradeshAnswer-2) Gurgaon, Haryana
National Highway for Electric Vehicle (NHEV) inaugurated India’s largest Electric Vehicle (EV) charging station in Sector 52 of Gurgaon, Haryana, which has 100 charging points for four-wheelers.
i. The station has been installed and operated by Alektrify Private Limited.
- Which Company recently (in Jan’22) partnered with the Agri-tech start-up ‘FAARMS’ to offer Digital Insurance solutions to Farmers?
1) Aviva Life Insurance
2) Reliance General Insurance
3) Exide Life Insurance
4) Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance
5) Aegon Life InsuranceAnswer-2) Reliance General Insurance
FAARMS, the Agri-tech start-up, partners with Reliance General Insurance Company Ltd. (RGICL) and introduced customized digital insurance solutions for the rural population especially the farmers.
i. The partnership will enable the farmers and any individual from rural areas to easily access and choose from a range of health and cattle insurance on the FAARMS app through their smartphones.
- In Which company Google recently (in Jan’22) announced to invest $1 Billion to Develop India’s Digital Ecosystem?
1) Bharti Airtel
5) Vodafone IdeaAnswer- 1) Bharti Airtel
Bharti Airtel (Airtel) signed a long term, multi-year agreement with Google to enhance the growth of the digital ecosystem of India. Under this agreement, Google is set to invest up to USD 1 billion in Airtel.
i. The agreement also includes an investment of USD 700 million to acquire 1.28% in Bharti Airtel at a price per share of Rs.734.
- Name the Personalities who was recently (in Jan’22) named as the new ‘Chairman & Managing Director’ of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL).
1) G Rajendran
2) Neelesh Khulbe
3) N Ramachandran
4) Pushp Kumar Joshi
5) Nishi VasudevaAnswer-4) Pushp Kumar Joshi
Pushp Kumar Joshi was recommended by the PESB (Public Enterprises Selection Board) as the new Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd (HPCL), third largest oil refining and fuel marketing company.
i. He will succeed Mukesh Kumar Surana, who superannates on April 30 2022.
ii. Pushp Kumar Joshi, currently serves as the Director of Human Resources at HPCL since 2012.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Records made by Indian Players during the recent Test Match series against South Africa from December 2021 to January 2022?
A) Rishabh Pant became the fastest Indian wicket keeper to reach 100 dismissals in Tests Cricket, by breaking MS Dhoni Record.
B) Bhuvneshwar Kumar became the fastest Indian bowler to take 100 overseas Test wickets by reaching the milestone in just 29 matches.
C) Mohammed Shami has become the 5th Indian pacer to take 200 Test wickets & 3rd quickest Indian after Kapil Dev and Javagal Srinath.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only A & C
Rishabh Pant became the fastest Indian keeper by breaking MS Dhoni Record to reach 100 dismissals in Tests Cricket, the longest format of the Game.
i. Jasprit Bumrah has become the fastest Indian bowler to take 100 overseas Test wickets by reaching the milestone in just 23 matches.
ii. Mohammed Shami has become the 5th Indian pacer to take 200 Test wickets & 3rd quickest Indian after Kapil Dev and Javagal Srinath.
iii. In the test series, South Africa defeated India by winning the 3 match series by 2-1 & Keegan Petersen of South Africa won the Player of the Series in the 3 Match Test Series.
- In January 2022, ________ became India’s highest Run Scorer in ODI cricket overseas during the ODI series against South Africa.
1) KL Rahul
2) Virat Kohli
3) Jasprit Bumrah
4) Shikhar Dhawan
5) Shreyas IyerAnswer-2) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli has become India’s highest run-getter in ODI cricket away from home during the first ODI of the three-match series against South Africa held at Boland Park in Paarl, South Africa.
i. Virat Kohli has surpassed Sachin Tendulkar who had scored 5,065 runs in the away ODIs for India.
ii. Virat Kohli is followed by MS Dhoni (4520 runs in 124 inns), Rahul Dravid (3998 runs in 110 inns) and Sourav Ganguly (3468 runs in 105 inns).
iii. South Africa won the 3 matches One Day International(ODI) series defeating India. South Africa’s ODI team was captained by Temba Bavuma and India’s team was captained by KL Rahul.
- Who Co-authored the book, ‘Operation Khatma’ along with RC Ganjoo?
1) Anuja Chauhan
2) Vikram Seth
3) Ashwini Bhatnagar
4) Kunal Basu
5) Arundhati RoyAnswer-3) Ashwini Bhatnagar
A book titled ‘Operation Khatma’ has been released which is authored by journalists RC Ganjoo and Ashwini Bhatnagar. It is an eyewitness account by them.
i. The book is based upon the operation by Special Operations Group of Jammu & Kashmir Police which led to the killing of 22 terrorists of the Jammu & Kashmir Liberation Front (JKLF).
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification