AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 28 May 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Annual average Global temperature is set to reach ______ above pre industrial levels in one of the years between 2021-25, as per the Annual Climate Update released by World Meteorological Organization and _________ Met Office.
1) 2° C, France
2) 1.5° C, United Kingdom
3) 2° C, United Kingdom
4) 1.5° C, Germany
5) 1.5° C, FranceAnswer-2) 1.5° C, United Kingdom
According to the Annual Climate Update provided by the United Kingdom (UK) Met Office and World Meteorological Organization (WMO), there is a 40% possibility of the annual average global temperature temporarily reaching 1.5° C(2.7 degrees Fahrenheit) above pre industrial levels in one of the next 5 years (2021-25).
i.In the 2015 Paris Agreement, global leaders committed to limit global warming to 1.5° C and well below 2° C by the end of the century.
- In May 2021, 4 UN bodies formed a team of experts under ‘One Health High-Level Expert Panel’.
Identify the points that are correctly related to the initiative:
A) 4 UN bodies – WHO, UNEP, UN-World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) & International Labour Organization (ILO)
B) The panel will develop frameworks to prevent & prepare for Zoonotic outbreaks like Covid-19
C) ‘One Health High-Level Expert Panel’ initiative was proposed by India & South Africa in 2020
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & C
3) Only B
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-3) Only B
4 United Nation (UN) bodies viz, the World Health Organization(WHO), the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP), the World Organization for Animal Health (OIE), and the Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) formed a team of experts under ‘One Health High-Level Expert Panel’ to help develop a global plan of action to prevent the spread of diseases from animals to humans.
i.The panel will develop frameworks and establish good practices to prevent and prepare for Zoonotic outbreaks of diseases like Zika, Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS), Ebola, COVID-19, etc.
ii.The ‘One Health High-Level Expert Panel’ initiative was proposed by Germany and France in 2020 at the backdrop of the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Which organisation announced (in May’21) to include risks related to Climate Change, inequality & demography in economic assessments?
1) United Nations Development Programme
2) World Bank
3) Reserve Bank of India
4) International Monetary Fund
5) Organisation for Economic Co-operation and DevelopmentAnswer-4) International Monetary Fund
In May 2021, the International Monetary Fund(IMF), plans to update the way it conducts economic assessments to report the risks related to climate change, inequality and demographics, as well as evolving digital technologies.
Establishment – 1944
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
Managing Director – Kristalina Georgieva
- Who won 2021’s Princess of Asturias Award, the top award of Spain, under social science category?
1) Amartya Sen
2) Verghese Kurien
3) Norman Borlaug
4) M. S. Swaminathan
5) Veena DasAnswer-1) Amartya Sen
Indian economist and Nobel Laureate Amartya Kumar Sen won Spain’s top award – Princess of Asturias Award 2021, under the Social Science category. The jury announced the list of 2021 laureates over the virtual platform.
i.He won the Nobel Prize in Economics in 1998 for his “contributions to welfare economics”
- Who was honoured with the International Hockey Federation (FIH) President’s Award-2021?
1) Manpreet Singh
2) Narinder Dhruv Batra
3) V Kartikeyan Pandian
4) Mandeep Singh
5) Himanta Biswa SarmaAnswer-3) V Kartikeyan Pandian
IAS officer V Kartikeyan Pandian, the private secretary to Naveen Patnaik, CM of Odisha, was honoured with the President’s Award 2021 by the International Hockey Federation (FIH) for promotion of Hockey in Odisha.
- In May 2021, Yuan Longping, the “Father of Hybrid Rice” passed away. Which country does he belong to?
2) South Korea
5) ChinaAnswer-5) China
The Chinese agricultural scientist, Yuan Longping, also known as the “Father of Hybrid Rice”, has passed away.
i.He developed the 1st hybrid rice varieties “Nan-you No. 2”, which transformed China into a grain surplus country.
ii.In 2004, he was honoured with the World Food Prize
- In May 2021, Freedom fighter H S Doreswamy passed away. What was the newspaper run by him?
1) Kudi Arasu
2) Bahishkrit Bharat
5) SomaprakashaAnswer-3) Pauravani
In May 2021, Freedom fighter, Journalist, Social worker Centenarian H S Doreswamy passed away at the age of 104.
i.He ran the publication house of ‘Sahitya Mandira’ and the Indian nationalist newspaper ‘Pauravani’ that voiced the aspirations of an independent India.
- Who authored the book “India and Asian Geopolitics: The Past, Present”?
1) Ajit Doval
2) Shivshankar Menon
3) Harsh Vardhan Shringla
4) Shyam Saran
5) Bharat KarnadAnswer-2) Shivshankar Menon
A new book titled “India and Asian Geopolitics: The Past, Present” has been released, which has been authored by Indian diplomat Shivshankar Menon.
i.He previously served as National Security Advisor of India and Foreign Secretary of India.
- In May 2021, ‘Akanksha’ a 1st of its kind online portal on Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) activities was launched.
What are the points that are correctly related to the portal?
A) Maharashtra state launched this app, facilitating all CSR activities of the state in a single portal
B) The portal was developed in collaboration with UNDP’s Sustainable Development Goals Coordination Centre (SDGCC)
C) Companies should spend at least 2% of average net profits of 3 immediately preceding financial years on CSR
1) All A, B & C
2) Only B & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only C
5) Only BAnswer-2) Only B & C
Karnataka CM B S Yediyurappa, launched an online portal named ‘Akanksha’ to provide comprehensive details on all the Corporate Social Responsibility(CSR) activities in the state. It is the first of its kind initiative in India.
i.The portal was developed by the Department of Planning, Programme Monitoring and Statistics, Karnataka in collaboration with UNDP’s Sustainable Development Goals Coordination Centre (SDGCC).
i.India is the 1st country to legally mandate corporate social responsibility.
iii.At least 2% of average net profits of 3 immediately preceding financial years should be spent by the companies on CSR.
- India rank’s __________ in the Global Gender Gap Index 2021, released by _____________.
1) 112nd, International Monetary Fund
2) 140th, World Economic Forum
3) 112nd, World Bank
4) 112nd, World Economic Forum
5) 140th, International Monetary FundAnswer-2) 140th, World Economic Forum
India was ranked 140th among 156 countries in the World Economic Forum’s Global Gender Gap Report 2021.