AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In April 2021, PM Narendra Modi virtually conferred National Panchayat Awards 2021 and distributed e-property cards.
Identify the points that are correctly related to the occasion:
A) e-property cards are distributed to rural Indian population under PM SVANidhi Scheme
B) Andhra Pradesh state won 17 awards in the National Panchayat Awards 2021
C) PM announced to distribute 5kg food grains to 80 crore beneficiaries at a cost of Rs. 26,000 crores under PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana
1) Only A & B
2) All A, B & C
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) Only BAnswer-3) Only B & C
On occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day (April 24), Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually launched the distribution of e-property cards under the SVAMITVA scheme (Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas) to around 4.09 Lakh beneficiaries of rural India.
During the event, he virtually conferred the National Panchayat Awards 2021, where Andhra Pradesh bagged 17 awards.
PM Modi announced 5 kg of food grains to 80 crore beneficiaries under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) during May, June months of 2021, at a cost of INR 26, 000 crore.
- Which organisation(s) released the ‘Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic : Leaving no Country Behind’ report in April 2021?
1) United Nations Development Programme
3) Asian Development Bank
4) Only 1 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
According to the report ‘Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic : Leaving no Country Behind’ jointly released by ADB (Asian Development Bank), UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) & UNESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific), Richer countries in Asia-Pacific will recover faster than poorer countries from the pandemic.
The UN & 6 Youth Organizations have come together to launch a campaign called ‘Global Youth Mobilization Local Solutions’. It will involve the youth of the world in building their lives impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- In April 2021, ________ allowed commercial banks to pay up to _________ of dividends for FY 21.
1) SEBI, 25%
2) RBI, 50%
3) IRDAI, 50%
4) SEBI, 75%
5) RBI, 25%Answer-2) RBI, 50%
In April 2021, RBI allowed banks for payment of dividends for FY21, with certain conditions and limits.
RBI allowed commercial banks to pay up to 50% of what they paid before COVID-19 from the profits for the fiscal ended March 31, 2021.
- Which state won the 1st prize in “E-Panchayat Puraskar 2021” under Category I for promoting the use of ICT in gram panchayat?
2) Tamil Nadu
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) KarnatakaAnswer-4) Uttar Pradesh
The Government of Uttar Pradesh(UP) won the “E-Panchayat Puraskar 2021” ranking 1st under Category I implementing the e-applications in the state.
The Ministry of Panchayati Raj issued the awards under 3 categories for promoting the use of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) in monitoring the works of gram panchayats.
Category & 1st that got 1st prize:
Category I Uttar Pradesh
Category II Telangana
Category III Karnataka
- Who was appointed as the MD & CEO of National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX) by SEBI in April 2021?
1) Ajay Tyagi
2) P. S. Reddy
3) Arun Raste
4) G.V. Nageswara Rao
5) Vijay KumarAnswer-3) Arun Raste
SEBI approved the appointment of Arun Raste as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited (NCDEX) for a term of five years. He succeeds Vijay Kumar.
- In April 2021, Nikol Pashinyan, Prime Minister of __________ resigned from office.
5) ArmeniaAnswer-5) Armenia
Armenian Prime Minister (PM) Nikol Pashinyan resigned due to the criticism over him for the way he handled conflict in the Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan.
He will be serving as an acting PM of Armenia until the country’s election on June 20, 2021
- Which country is planning to land its 1st Mars Rover ‘Zhurong’ on the surface of Mars by May 2021?
2) South Korea
5) USAAnswer-4) China
China has named its 1st Mars rover as Zhurong after a traditional fire god. The name signifies igniting the flame of Planetary Explorations of China.
Zhurong is on board the Tianwen-1 Space probe and planned to land on the martian surface by May 2021.
- Who won the 2021 Barcelona Open?
1) Novak Djokovic
2) Rafael Nadal
3) Daniil Medvedev
4) Dominic Thiem
5) Stefanos Tsitsipa
Answer-2) Rafael Nadal
Spain’s Rafael Nadal defeated Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas to win the 2021 Barcelona Open (68th Edition). This is the 12th Barcelona Open Title for Rafael Nadal.
Barcelona Open is an annual tennis tournament for male professional players and is played on clay courts.
- ______________ topped the medal tally at AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships held in _____________.
1) Russia; Kielce, Poland
2) Uzbekistan; Bhubaneswar, India
3) India; Bhubaneswar, India
4) Russia; Lausanne, Switzerland
5) India; Kielce, PolandAnswer-5) India; Kielce, Poland
India has bagged 11 Medals (8 Gold, 3 Bronze) at 2021 AIBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championships held in Kielce, Poland from April 10-24, 2021.
India topped the overall medals tally, it was followed by Russia & Uzbekistan.
Indian Women’s team bagged 7 Gold medals and finished at No.1 Position in the Women’s section.
- World Malaria Day is annually observed across the globe on 25th April
Identify the points that are correctly related to Malaria:
A) Theme of World Malaria Day 2021 is “Zero malaria starts with me”
B) WHO launched E-2025 initiative to end the transmission of malaria in 25 more countries by 2025
C) Malaria is a Viral Disease
1) Only B & C
2) Only A & C
3) All A, B & C
4) Only B
5) Only CAnswer-4) Only B
World Malaria Day is annually observed across the globe on 25th April to highlight the need for investment and commitment towards the prevention and control of malaria.
i.The theme of World Malaria Day 2021 is “Reaching the zero malaria target”.
ii.WHO launched the E-2025 initiative, with an aim to end the transmission of malaria in 25 more countries by 2025.
iii.Malaria is a mosquito-borne infectious disease, caused by the Plasmodium parasites.