We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 27 April 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs April 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
PM Modi launches distribution of e-property cards under SVAMITVA SchemeOn occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day (April 24), Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually launched the distribution of e-property cards under the SVAMITVA scheme (Survey of Villages And Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas) to around 4.09 Lakh beneficiaries.
- During the event, he also virtually conferred the National Panchayat Awards 2021 on the winners.
- It is a Central sector scheme launched on April 24, 2020 by PM Narendra Modi.
- Under the scheme,entire village properties are surveyed by drone and property cards distributed to the owners.
- The scheme aims to cover around 6.62 Lakh villages of India during the period 2021-25.
- Implementing agency – Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR), Technology Implementation partner – Survey of India.
National Panchayat Awards 2021
The National Panchayat awards are given annually on National Panchayati Raj Day.
i.The 2021 awards have been conferred to the works done by Panchayats during the year 2019-20.
ii.The awards are conferred in various Categories such as
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar (DDUPSP)
- Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar (NDRGGSP)
- Gram Panchayat Development Plan Award (GPDPA)
- Child-Friendly Gram Panchayat Award (CFGPA)
- e-Panchayat Puraskar
About Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR)
Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar (Morena, Madhya Pradesh)
>>Read Full News
India’s first LNG FSRU arrived in Maharashtra.
India’s first Liquified Natural Gas(LNG) Floating Storage and Regasification Unit(FSRU) has arrived at H-Energy’s Jaigarh Terminal in Maharashtra.It sailed from Keppel Shipyard,Singapore.
i.To provide the ability to enhance the pace of natural gas import capability in an environment friendly and efficient manner.
ii.To increase the share of natural gas in India’s energy mix from present 6 percent to 15 percent by 2030.
- Höegh Giant will deliver regasified LNG to the 56-kilometre long Jaigarh-Dabhol natural gas pipeline, connecting the LNG terminal to the national gas grid.
- JSW Jaigarh Port is in the Ratnagiri district of Maharashtra. The port is the first deep water, 24/7 operational private port in Maharashtra.
Rich Nations in Asia-Pacific may recover faster in Post Pandemic era: UNDP , ADB, ESCAP ReportAccording to the report ‘Responding to the COVID-19 Pandemic : Leaving no Country Behind’ jointly released by ADB (Asian Development Bank), UNDP (United Nations Development Programme) & UNESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific), Richer countries in Asia-Pacific will recover faster than poorer countries from the pandemic due to Variation in degree of immunity, healthcare system & vaccine roll-out.
- These reasons will lead to an uneven recovery of the economy (K-shaped) in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The income inequality has increased by 40% in the Asia-Pacific region.
- It has also given rise to the digital & technology divide.
UN drives campaign for Youth
The United Nations (UN) and 6 Youth Organizations have come together to launch a campaign called ‘Global Youth Mobilization Local Solutions’. It will involve the youth of the world in building their lives impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- 90% of young people have reported increased mental anxiety during the pandemic while one in six young people have lost jobs due to pandemic.
About Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (UN ESCAP)
Executive Secretary – Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana
Headquarters – Bangkok, Thailand
Members – 53 Members & 9 Associate Members
>>Read Full News
PM Modi Participates in Leaders’ Summit on Climate 2021Prime Minister Narendra Modi virtually participated in the Leaders’ Summit on Climate 2021 which was held virtually on April 22-23, 2021. He participated in the summit at the invitation of US President Joseph R. Biden, the summit was hosted by the US.
- Theme of the Summit – ‘Our Collective Sprint to 2030’.
- Around 40 world leaders participated in the Summit.
- Major points of discussion – reducing greenhouse gas emission & meeting targets of Paris Agreement to keep Global temperature rise to below 2 Degree Celsius.
- The summit is one of the key events on climate before the UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties, COP26, scheduled to take place in Glasgow, Scotland, UK in November 2021.
US-India 2030 Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership
During the summit, PM Narendra Modi announced the launch of ‘U.S.-India 2030 Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership’ for mobilizing finance and speedening up clean energy innovation and deployment in the current decade (2020-30).
US joins Lead IT – initiative of India & Sweden
During the summit, the US announced its decision to join the Global Leadership Group for Industry Transition (LeadIT), an initiative of India & Sweden for driving climate change.
Major Banks commit to Carbon-Neutrality by 2050
On eve of the Leader’s Climate Summit, a group of 43 International Banks have joined a UN-convened pact to reach carbon neutrality by 2050.
- The members will also establish the ‘Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero (GFANZ)’ for mobilising trillions of dollars towards building a global zero emissions economy & delivering the goals of Paris agreement.
About United States
President – Joseph R Biden
Capital – Washington D.C.,
Currency – United States Dollar (USD)
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
IFSCA Allowed NBFC’s Investment in GIFT CityIn April 2021, the International Financial Services Centre Authority (IFSCA) allowed the Non-Banking Finance Companies(NBFCs) (both local and global) to start their operations in Gujarat’s GIFT City (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City) to enable the local NBFCs to get global exposure.
- Permitted Operations – Operations such as providing loans, investment banking, exotic derivative trades, third-party product sale are permitted for NBFCs.
- They are also provided with flexibility in terms of competitive tax regime,ownership, and ability to repatriate funds (send funds to other countries) freely.
- Earlier Banks, Foreign financial institutions and Reinsurance companies were only allowed to operate under GIFT city and now NBFC also came under the list.
Some of the banks currently operating in GIFT city:
- Standard Chartered Bank (Foreign bank)
- State Bank of India (SBI), Bank of Baroda (Public sector banks)
- Axis Bank, HDFC Bank, ICICI Bank (Private banks)
Note – GIFT City hosted India’ first IFSC (International Finance Services Centre).
- NBFC is a company registered under the Companies Act, 1956 which is engaged in the business of loans and advances, acquisition of shares/stocks/bonds/debentures/ securities issued by Government or local authority or other marketable securities.
- Non-core activities of NBFCs include – portfolio management services, merchant banking services, investment advisories, and trusteeship services.
About International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA):
Establishment – April 27, 2020, under the International Financial Services Centres Authority Act, 2019.
Headquarters – GIFT City, Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
Chairman – Injeti Srinivas
IRDAI Allowed Investments in Debt Securities of InvITs, REITsThe Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) allowed insurers to invest in debt securities issued by infrastructure investment trusts (InvITs) and real estate investment trusts (REITs).
Categories of Investment:
- Approved Investments: IRDAI has categorised the investments in debt instruments of InvITs and REITs rated above AA as “approved investments”.
- Other investments: The instruments which are rated below AA are categorised as “other investments”
Classification: 75% of investments should be of AAA rated assets and 25% should be of AA or A rated asset.
- As per IRDAI’s regulation more than 10 per cent of the outstanding debt instruments cannot be invested by the insurer in a single InvIT or Reit.
- The total investment of insurance companies i.e. investments in both units and debt instruments of InvITs and REITs should not exceed 3 per cent of their total fund size.
About Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI):
It is formed under the Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority Act, 1999 (IRDAI Act 1999) on the recommendations of the Malhotra Committee.
Establishment – 1999(incorporated- 1st April 2000)
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
Chairman – Subhash Chandra Khuntia
>>Read Full News
RBI Allowed Commercial Banks to Pay up to 50% of pre-COVID-19 Dividends
In April 2021, RBI allowed banks for payment of dividends for FY21, with certain conditions and limits.
- Commercial Banks: RBI allowed commercial banks to pay up to 50 per cent of what they paid before COVID-19 from the profits for the fiscal ended March 31, 2021.
- Cooperative Banks: Cooperative banks are permitted to pay dividend on equity shares from the profits of the financial year ended March 31, 2021.
- RBI mandated the banks to maintain the minimum regulatory capital requirements after dividend payment.
- Dividend- A dividend is a distribution of profits by a corporation to its shareholders.
- Note – Due to COVID-19 In December 2020, RBI made banks not to do the dividend payment on equity shares from the profits for the FY20.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Uttar Pradesh won E-Panchayat Puraskar 2021i.The Government of Uttar Pradesh(UP) won the “E-Panchayat Puraskar 2021” ranking first under Category I. The award recognises the efforts of UP in implementing the e-applications developed by the Centre and other applications developed by the State Government.
ii.Uttar Pradesh was followed by Assam and Chhattisgarh in 2nd rank and Odisha and Tamil Nadu in 3rd rank.
iii.The award was instituted by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj(MoPR) to promote the use of ICT in monitoring the works of gram panchayats.
About Uttar Pradesh:
Bird Sanctuary– Nawabganj Bird Sanctuary; Sandi Bird Sanctuary; Surajpur Wetland; SoorSarovar Bird Sanctuary
Rivers– Ganga; Yamuna; Betwa River.
>>Read Full News
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
Arun Raste appointed as new MD & CEO of NCDEXSecurities and Exchange Board of India(SEBI) has approved the appointment of Arun Raste as Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited(NCDEX) for a term of five years. He succeeds Vijay Kumar.
- Arun Raste is currently working as an executive director in National Dairy Development Board(NDDB)
- He has also worked in organisations like IDFC First Bank, Kotak Mahindra Bank, NABARD, ACC Cement, and a non-profit NGO IRFT.
- Apart from this he has also served as a Director on the Board of Indian Immunological and Mother Dairy Fruit and Vegetable.
About National Commodity & Derivatives Exchange Limited(NCDEX):
Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan Resigned to Enable Snap ElectionOn April 25, 2021, Armenian Prime Minister(PM)Nikol Pashinyan resigned due to the criticism over him for the way he handled conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh region of Azerbaijan. The decision was also in line with the snap election in Armenia, which is set to be held in June 20,2021.
- He will be serving as an acting PM of Armenia until the election.
- He served as PM of Armenia from 8 May 2018 to 25 April 2021 and as required by Armenian law, all members of Pashinyan’s cabinet also handed over their own resignations after his resignation.
Note – A snap election is an election that is called earlier than the one that has been scheduled i.e. (earlier election).
Capital – Yerevan
Currency – Armenian dram
President – Armen Sargsyan
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
China’s first Mars rover named ‘Zhurong’China has named its first Mars rover as Zhurong after a traditional fire god. The name signifies igniting the flame of Planetary Explorations of China.
i.Zhurong is on board the Tianwen-1 Space probe.It arrived at the Mars orbit in February 2021 and is due to land on the planet in May 2021.
ii.The main aim of Tianwen-1 is to analyse and map the Martian surface and look for water ice and study the climate and surface environment.
iii.Tianwen-1 is a part of China’s mission in launching a crewed orbital station and landing a human on the moon.
- With Zhurong, China will become the third country after Soviet Union and USA to achieve soft landing and put a rover on Mars.
- China recently became the first country to land a space probe on the little explored far side of the moon. It returned to the earth in December with lunar rocks for the first time since the 1970s.
President: Xi Jinping
About China National Space Administration:
Establishment: 22 April 1993
Administrator: Zhang Kejian
Tennis : Rafael Nadal wins 2021 Barcelona OpenSpain’s Rafael Nadal defeated Greece’s Stefanos Tsitsipas to win the 2021 Barcelona Open (68th Edition). This is the 12th Barcelona Open Title for Rafael Nadal.
- The 2021 Barcelona Open (sponsored by Banc Sabadell) took place from April 17-25, 2021 at Real Club de Tenis Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain.
- Rafael Nadal won his 1st Barcelona Title in the year 2005.
- Barcelona Open is an annual tennis tournament for male professional players and is played on clay courts.
About Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP)
CEO – Massimo Calvelli
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
>>Read Full News
India bags 11 medals tops Medals Tally at 2021 AIBA Youth World Boxing ChampionshipsIndia has bagged 11 Medals (8 Gold, 3 Bronze) at 2021 AIBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championships held in Kielce, Poland from April 10-24, 2021.
- India topped the overall medals tally, it was followed by Russia & Uzbekistan.
- The AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships is an biennial event, around 414 boxers from 52 countries participated in the 2021 edition.
|Sachin||56 Kg Men’s Bantamweight||Gold|
|Gitika Narwal||48 Kg Women’s Light flyweight||Gold|
|Naorem Babyrojisana Chanu||51 Kg Women’s Flyweight||Gold|
|Poonam Punia||57 Kg Women’s Featherweight||Gold|
|Vinka||60 Kg Women’s Lightweight||Gold|
|Arundhati Choudhary||69 Kg Women’s Welterweight||Gold|
|Thokchom Sanamacha Chanu||75 Kg Women’s Middleweight||Gold|
|Alfiya Pathan||+81 Kg Women’s Heavyweight||Gold|
|Bishwamithra Chongtham||49 Kg Men’s Lightweight||Bronze|
|Ankit Narwal||64 Kg Men’s Light welterweight||Bronze|
|Vishal Gupta||91 Kg Men’s Heavyweight||Bronze|
About International Boxing Association (AIBA)
President – Umar Kremlev
Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland
>>Read Full News
ICC Banned UAE’s Qadeer from Cricket for 5 years due to Corruption
In April 2021, the International Cricket Council’s (ICC) banned the United Arab Emirates(UAE)cricketer Qadeer Ahmed Khan for five-years from all forms of cricket after he admitted to six breaches of ICCs anti-corruption code. On October,16, 2019, he was provisionally suspended by ICC.
Padma Bhushan Awardee, Hindustani Classical Singer Rajan Mishra, Passed away at 70On 26 April 2021, the Hindustani classical singer, Rajan Mishra,70 passed away in Delhi due to COVID-19. He received the Padma Bhushan award in the field of art in 2007.
About Rajan Mishra:
He was a well-known classical singer for his Banaras style of singing. He has performed all around the world with his brother Sajan Mishra (Their First concert abroad – 1978, Sri Lanka) and they were the vocalists in the ‘khyal style’ of Indian classical music.
Famous works: Bhairav Se Bhairavi Tak, Bhaktimala, Durgati Nashini Durga, and Aarti kijai hanuman lala ki.
- Sangeet Natak Akademi Award,jointly in 1998(with Sajan Mishra)
- Gandharwa National Award for 1994–1995
- Padma Bhushan in 2007
- National Tansen Samman 2011–2012 in 2012.
Padma Bhushan awardee nuclear scientist Krishnamurthy Santhanam passed away Veteran Indian nuclear scientist and Padma Bhushan awardee Krishnamurthy Santhanam who played an important role in 1998 Pokhran nuclear tests passed away.
About Krishnamurthy Santhanam:
i.During the tests of Pokhran- II ,Krishnamurthy Santhanam was the field director of Defence Research and Development Organisation(DRDO).
ii.He was awarded the third highest civilian award,Padma Bhushan in 1999 for his contribution to the field of science.
iii.He was also associated with Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Department of Atomic Energy(DAE) & Institute for Defence Studies and Analyses(IDSA).
World Malaria Day 2021 – April 25 i.World Malaria Day is annually observed across the globe on 25th April to highlight the need for investment and commitment towards the prevention and control of malaria.
ii.The day aims to educate and provide a better understanding of Malaria, a preventable and curable disease.
iii.The theme of World Malaria Day 2021 is “Reaching the zero malaria target”.
iv.RBM Partnership to End Malaria observes World Malaria Day 2021 under the theme “Zero Malaria – Draw the Line Against Malaria”.
v.During the 60th World Health Assembly held in May 2007, the member states of the World Health Organisation(WHO) proclaimed that the 25th April of every year will be observed as World Malaria Day.
vi.The First World Malaria Day was observed on 25th April 2008.
>>Read Full News
World Intellectual Property Day 2021 – April 26i.World Intellectual Property Day is annually observed across the globe on 26th April to create awareness about the impacts of the patents, copyright, trademark and designs. The day also aims to educate the general public about the role of Intellectual property(IP) rights in supporting innovation and creativity.
ii.The theme of World Intellectual Property Day 2021 is “IP and Small and Medium-sized Enterprises(SMEs): Taking your ideas to market”.
iii.In 2000, The member states of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the United Nations (UN) Agency for intellectual property proclaimed the 26th April of every year as the World Intellectual Property Day.
About World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO):
Director General- Daren Tang
Headquarters– Geneva, Switzerland
Established in 1967
>>Read Full News
International Delegate’s Day 2021 – April 25i.United Nations(UN)’s International Delegates Day is annually observed across the globe on 25th April to create awareness about the role of the representatives and delegates of the member states to the United Nations.
ii.The day recognises the role of the delegates in fulfilling the UN’s goals like maintaining international peace, respect for human rights and fundamental freedoms.
iii.The day marks the anniversary of the first day of the San Francisco Conference, which is also known as the United Nations Conference on International Organization held on 25th April 1945.
iv.The United Nations General Assembly adopted the resolution A/RES/73/286 on 2nd April 2019 and proclaimed the 25th April of every year as the International Delegate’s Day.
v.The first International Delegate’s Day was observed on 25th April 2020.
>>Read Full News
International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day 2021 – 26th April i.The United Nations(UN)’s International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day is annually observed across the globe on 26th April to mark the anniversary of the 1986 Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster.
ii.The day aims to create awareness about the consequences of the Chernobyl disaster and the risks of nuclear energy.
26th April 2021 marks the 35th Anniversary of the Chernobyl nuclear power plant disaster.
iii.The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/71/125 on 8th December 2016 and proclaimed the 26th April of every year as the International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day.
iv.The First International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day was observed on 26th April 2017.
>>Read Full News
World Veterinary Day 2021 – April 24i.The World Veterinary Day is annually observed across the globe on the last Saturday of April to promote animal health and welfare and to provide global leadership to veterinary professionals across the globe.
ii.The World Veterinary Day 2021 was observed on 24th April 2021.
iii.The theme of World Veterinary Day 2021 is “The Veterinarian Response to the Covid-19 Crisis”.
About World Organisation for Animal Health:
World Organisation for Animal Health is formerly the Office International des Epizooties(OIE).
Director-General– Dr Monique Eloit
Headquarters– Paris, France
Created in 1924
>>Read Full News
World Penguin Day 2021 – 25th April The World Penguin Day is annually observed across the globe on 25th April to create awareness about the challenges faced by the Penguins due to the overfishing in their ecosystem.
The World Penguin Day coincides with the annual northern migration of Adelie penguins, the smallest and the most widespread species of penguin in the Antarctic.
- The migration of Adelie penguins is followed by the migration of native breeding penguin species: emperor, king, chinstrap, Gentoo and macaroni penguins.
Challenges of Penguins:
Climate Change: The retreat of sea ice in the Antarctic due to climate change reduces the stock of krill, a small crustacean the diet of most of the Penguins.
Overfishing: The Penguins faces starvation since they cannot get adequate nutrition due to overfishing in their habitats.
Poaching: Penguin hunting and egg harvesting affect the Penguins that live in the region close to the human habitat.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 27 April 2021|
|1||PM Modi launches distribution of e-property cards under SVAMITVA Scheme|
|2||India’s first LNG FSRU arrived in Maharashtra.|
|3||Rich Nations in Asia-Pacific may recover faster in Post Pandemic era: UNDP , ADB, ESCAP Report|
|4||PM Modi Participates in Leaders’ Summit on Climate 2021|
|5||IFSCA Allowed NBFC’s Investment in GIFT City|
|6||IRDAI Allowed Investments in Debt Securities of InvITs, REITs|
|7||RBI Allowed Commercial Banks to Pay up to 50% of pre-COVID Dividends|
|8||Uttar Pradesh won E-Panchayat Puraskar 2021|
|9||Arun Raste appointed as new MD & CEO of NCDEX|
|10||Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan Resigned to Enable Snap Election|
|11||China’s first Mars rover named ‘Zhurong’|
|12||Tennis : Rafael Nadal wins 2021 Barcelona Open|
|13||India bags 11 medals tops Medals Tally at 2021 AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships|
|14||ICC Banned UAE’s Qadeer from Cricket for 5 years due to Corruption|
|15||Padma Bhushan Awardee, Classical Singer Rajan Mishra, Passed away at 70|
|16||Padma Bhushan awardee nuclear scientist Krishnamurthy Santhanam passed away|
|17||World Malaria Day 2021 – April 25|
|18||World Intellectual Property Day 2021 – April 26|
|19||International Delegate’s Day 2021 – April 25|
|20||International Chernobyl Disaster Remembrance Day 2021 – 26th April|
|21||World Veterinary Day 2021 – April 24|
|22||World Penguin Day 2021 – 25th April|