On occasion of National Panchayati Raj Day (April 24), Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi virtually launched the distribution of e-property cards under the SVAMITVA scheme (Survey of Villages And Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas) to around 4.09 Lakh beneficiaries.
- During the event, he virtually conferred the National Panchayat Awards 2021 on the winners.
- It is a Central sector scheme launched on April 24, 2020 by PM Narendra Modi.
- Under the scheme,entire village properties are surveyed by drone and property cards distributed to the owners.
- It aims to provide rural people with the right to document their residential properties, so that they can use their property for economic purposes.
- The scheme aims to cover around 6.62 Lakh villages of India during the period 2021-25.
- Implementing agency – Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR), Technology Implementation partner – Survey of India.
- Pilot Scheme – The pilot phase of the scheme was implemented during 2020-21 in the states of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh and select villages of Punjab and Rajasthan, with an outlay of INR 79.65 Crores.
National Panchayat Awards 2021
Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) has been incentivizing the best performing Panchayats recommended by the State Government/UT Administrations since 2011-12. The National Panchayat awards are given annually on National Panchayati Raj Day.
- Andhra Pradesh bagged 17 awards in the National Panchayat Awards 2021, it received 2nd best award among states in the e-Panchayat category.
- 5 Gram Panchayats from the UT of Jammu & Kashmir bagged awards.
i.The 2021 awards have been conferred to the works done by Panchayats during the year 2019-20.
ii.The awards are conferred in various Categories
|Category||Reason||Number of Awardees in 2021 under the category|
|Deen Dayal Upadhyay Panchayat Sashaktikaran Puraskar (DDUPSP||For best performance under 9 thematic areas such as Sanitation, Civic Services, Disaster Management, e-Governance and others.||conferred on 224 Panchayats.|
|Nanaji Deshmukh Rashtriya Gaurav Gram Sabha Puraskar (NDRGGSP)||For outstanding contribution to socio-economic development involving Gram Sabhas||conferred on 30 Gram Panchayats|
|Gram Panchayat Development Plan Award (GPDPA)||For meeting guidelines prepared by MoPR||conferred on 29 Gram Panchayats|
|Child-Friendly Gram Panchayat Award (CFGPA)||For adopting child-friendly policies||conferred on 30 Gram Panchayats.|
|e-Panchayat Puraskar||Conferred to states which promote e-enablement of Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs)||conferred to 12 states|
iii.For the 1st time, PM transferred the award money (as grants-in-aid) through the click of a button, the cash prize ranged from INR 5 Lakh to INR 50 Lakh.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY)
During the occasion, PM Modi announced that 5 kg of food grains would be provided to 80 crore beneficiaries under PMGKAY during May, June months of 2021, government is spending around INR 26, 000 crore on this scheme.
- The scheme was launched in March 2020 by PM Modi during the COVID-19 pandemic in India.
- It aims to feed the poorest citizens of India by providing grain through the Public Distribution System.
- It is operated by the Department of Food and Public Distribution under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution.
Recent Related News:
i.January 19, 2021, “SKOCH Challenger Award- Transparency in Governance” was conferred to Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR) for recognizing its IT-led initiatives that resulted in performance improvement, better transparency and strengthening of the e-Governance in Panchayati Raj Institutions (PRIs).
About Ministry of Panchayati Raj (MoPR)
Union Minister – Narendra Singh Tomar (Morena, Madhya Pradesh)