India has bagged 11 Medals (8 Gold, 3 Bronze) at 2021 AIBA Youth Men’s and Women’s World Boxing Championships held in Kielce, Poland from April 10-24, 2021.
- India topped the overall medals tally, it was followed by Russia & Uzbekistan.
- The AIBA Youth World Boxing Championships is an biennial event, around 414 boxers from 52 countries participated in the 2021 edition.
|Sachin||56 Kg Men’s Bantamweight||Gold|
|Gitika Narwal||48 Kg Women’s Light flyweight||Gold|
|Naorem Babyrojisana Chanu||51 Kg Women’s Flyweight||Gold|
|Poonam Punia||57 Kg Women’s Featherweight||Gold|
|Vinka||60 Kg Women’s Lightweight||Gold|
|Arundhati Choudhary||69 Kg Women’s Welterweight||Gold|
|Thokchom Sanamacha Chanu||75 Kg Women’s Middleweight||Gold|
|Alfiya Pathan||+81 Kg Women’s Heavyweight||Gold|
|Bishwamithra Chongtham||49 Kg Men’s Lightweight||Bronze|
|Ankit Narwal||64 Kg Men’s Light welterweight||Bronze|
|Vishal Gupta||91 Kg Men’s Heavyweight||Bronze|
- The previous best outing for an Indian Boxing Contingent was in 2018 held in Budapest, Hungary in which they won 10 medals.
- Indian Boxer Sachin who hails from Bhiwani, Haryana was the only one from the Indian Men’s Boxing Contingent to win a Gold Medal (56 Kg) at the event.
- Indian’s Women’s team bagged 7 Gold medals and finished at No.1 Position in the Women’s section.
Recent Related News:
i.March 8, 2021, India’s 14-member Boxing Contingent bagged 10 Medals (1 Gold, 8 Silver, 1 Bronze) at the 35th Edition of the 2021 ‘Boxam’ Elite International Tournament held at Castellon de la Plana, Spain.
About International Boxing Association (AIBA)
President – Umar Kremlev
Headquarters – Lausanne, Switzerland