AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 27 & 28 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- As per the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy, __________ became the Top State in Overall Installed Renewable Capacity by surpassing Karnataka, and __________ is the 1st state in India to cross 10,000 MW of total solar capacity (as of February 2022).
1) Gujarat & Rajasthan
2) Rajasthan & Tamil Nadu
3) Tamil Nadu & Gujarat
4) Gujarat & Tamil Nadu
5) Tamil Nadu & RajasthanAnswer-5) Tamil Nadu & Rajasthan
According to the Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MoNRE), Tamil Nadu (TN) has achieved the first position in overall installed renewable energy capacity in India surpassing Karnataka.
i. As of 31st January 2022, TN’s total installed renewable capacity stood at 15,914 MegaWatt (MW) as compared to Karnataka’s total clean energy capacity of 15,795 MW.
ii. Rajasthan’s overall renewable energy capacity was 14,983 MW and also the 1st state in India to cross 10,000 MW of total solar capacity and stood at 10,507 MW, followed by Karnataka (7,535 MW) and Gujarat (6,310 MW) and Tamil Nadu (4,894 MW).
iii. Rajasthan and Gujarat added the highest renewable capacity (4.8 GW and 2.4 GW respectively) in the current fiscal year till 31st January 2022.
- Name the multilateral exercise of the Indian Navy which commenced in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh with the theme of “Camaraderie, Cohesion, Collaboration”.
1) VARUNA 2022
2) MILAN 2022
3) JIMEX 2022
4) INDRA 2022
5) SIMBEX 2022Answer-2) MILAN 2022
The 11th edition of the Indian Navy’s multilateral exercise ‘MILAN 2022’ commenced in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh the ‘City of Destiny’, commemorating India’s 75th year of independence in 2022. It is being hosted by the Eastern Naval Command.
i. MILAN 22 was scheduled to be conducted for 9 days in two phases with the harbour phase from 25th to 28th February 2022 and Sea Phase from 1st to 4th March 2022.
ii. Theme – ‘Camaraderie – Cohesion – Collaboration’ which aims to project India as a responsible maritime power to the world at large.
iii. MILAN 22 witnesses participation of more than 40 countries with a focus on exercises at sea including exercises in surface, sub-surface and air domains and weapon firings.
iv. On 27th – 28th February 2022 MILAN 22 will also host an International Maritime Seminar with the theme – ‘Harnessing Collective Maritime Competence through Collaboration’.
- Which Ministry recently (in Feb’22) launched a campaign named ‘’Bhasha Certificate Selfie’ to promote Bhasha Sangam mobile app.
1) Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
2) Ministry of Tourism
3) Ministry of Education
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Electronics and Information TechnologyAnswer-3) Ministry of Education
The Ministry of Education (MoE) launched a campaign named ‘Bhasha Certificate Selfie’ to promote multilingualism and the spirit of Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. It is launched to commemorate International Mother Language Day i.e Feb 21, 2022.
i. This campaign is to promote the Bhasha Sangam mobile app which was developed by MoE and MyGov India.
Bhasha Sangam Initiative:
i. It was launched to commemorate Rashtriya Ekta Diwas which is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel i.e 31st October.
ii. It is an initiative of the Ministry of Education (MoE) under Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat. iii. It is developed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). iv. Objective- To ensure that people acquire basic conversational skills in Indian languages other than their mother tongue.
- As part of India’s Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) in which country India is planning to establish its first IIT outside of India?
1) Dubai, UAE
2) Melbourne, Australia
3) Ottawa, Canada
4) Berlin, Germany
5) Kuala Lumpur, MalaysiaAnswer-1) Dubai, UAE
The government of India (GoI) is set to establish the first Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE) as a part of the India-UAE trade deal, the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA), signed on 18th February 2022.
i. IIT in UAE will be the first IIT and first-ever Institute of National Importance to be established outside India.
IITs in India:
• There are 23 IITs in India that offer a range of degrees and the IITs are governed by the Institutes of Technology Act, of 1961.
• The top IITs in India include IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, and IIT Madras.
- Which of the following countries recently (in Feb’22) agreed to form a Joint Hydro Development Committee during 9th meetings of the Joint Working Group & Joint Steering Committee on bilateral power sector cooperation?
1) Bangladesh & India
2) Nepal & India
3) Bhutan & India
4) Afghanistan & India
5) Sri Lanka & IndiaAnswer-2) Nepal & India
Nepal and India have agreed to form a Joint Hydro Development Committee during the 9th meeting of the Joint Working Group (JWG, Joint Secretary level) and the Joint Steering Committee (JSC, Secretary level) on bilateral power sector cooperation in Kathmandu, Nepal on 23rd and 24th February 2022.
i. The JSC meeting was co-chaired by Alok Kumar, Power Secretary, Government of India and Devendra Karki, Energy Secretary, Ministry of Energy, Water Resources and Irrigation, Government of Nepal.
ii. The Committee will explore the development of viable hydropower projects in Nepal with a focus on storage. The task force will have a maximum of three members from both countries.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the MSME Conclave 2022 in Sindhudurg, Maharashtra that was organized by the Ministry of MSME?
A) During the conclave, the ICICI MSME RuPay Credit Card was launched in partnership by ICICI Bank with the NPCI.
B) The Union Minister also announced the establishment of MSME-Technology Centre with an outlay of Rs 200 Crore in Sindhudurg, Maharashtra to enhance their competitiveness among MSME.
C) The KONBAC SFURTI bamboo cluster at Kudal, Sindhudurg was inaugurated to support 300 artisans.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only B & C
The two-day MSME Conclave 2022 was organized in Sindhudurg, an administrative district of the Konkan division in Maharashtra which was inaugurated by Union Minister Narayan Tatu Rane, Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME).
i. During the conclave, Union Minister Narayan Rane launched the Union MSME RuPay Credit Card which is being offered by Union Bank of India in partnership with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI).
ii. The Union Minister also announced the establishment of MSME-Technology Centre with an outlay of Rs 200 Crore in Sindhudurg, Maharashtra to enhance their competitiveness among MSME.
iii. The Union Minister, Narayan Rane inaugurated the KONBAC SFURTI (Konkan Bamboo and Cane Development Centre – Scheme of Fund for Regeneration of Traditional Industries) bamboo cluster at Kudal, a town in Sindhudurg to support 300 artisans.
- Which Bank recently (in Feb’22) became the 1st multilateral agency to open an office in the Gujarat International Finance Tec (GIFT) City, Gujarat?
1) Inter-American Development Bank
2) New Development Bank
3) European Investment Bank
4) Asian Development Bank
5) African Development BankAnswer-2) New Development Bank
New Development Bank (NDB) will become the 1st multilateral agency to open an office in the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT), Gujarat which will start its operation by the mid of May 2022.
i. NDB also expects to partner with the newly launched National Bank for Financing Infrastructure and Development (NBFID) to support crucial infrastructure projects in India.
- Which company signed an agreement with Vodafone to buy a 4.7% equity stake in Indus Towers?
1) Bharti Airtel
2) Reliance Jio
5) Tata DocomoAnswer-1) Bharti Airtel
Bharti Airtel Limited, also known as Airtel, has signed an agreement with Vodafone to purchase 4.7% equity interest in Indus Towers. The agreement has been signed on the condition that the amount paid shall be inducted by Vodafone as fresh equity in Vodafone Idea Ltd (VIL) and simultaneously remitted to Indus Towers to clear VIL’s outstanding dues.
i. The deal is expected to be in the range of Rs 3,000 crore.
About Bharti Airtel Limited (Airtel):
MD & CEO (India & South Asia)– Gopal Vittal
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi.
- Who won the Gold medal in Singapore Weightlifting International 2022 and holds a position in the Commonwealth Games 2022 in the 49kg and 55kg category in Birmingham, UK?
1) Purnima Pandey
2) Mirabai Chanu
3) Usha Kumara
4) Popy Hazarika
5) Bindyarani DeviAnswer-2) Mirabai Chanu
Saikhom Mirabai Chanu, the Indian weightlifter from Manipur state wins the Gold medal in the 55kg category in Singapore Weightlifting International 2022. Also secured her position for the Commonwealth Games 2022 in 49kg and 55kg category in Birmingham, United Kingdom.
i. Mirabai Chanu participated for the first time in the 55kg category in weightlifting and lifted the total weight of 191 kilograms (86kg in snatch+105kg in clean & jerk) and placed First in the podium, under the guidance of the Indian Weightlifting Federation (IWLF).
ii. Followed by her Second place was given to Australia’s Jessica Sewastenko’s, lifted 167kg and Third place was given to Malaysia’s Elly Cassandra Englebert, lifted 165kg.
iii. Sanket Sagar (55kg), Rishikanta Singh (55kg) and Bindyarani Devi (59kg) also placed their names in weightlifting in Commonwealth Games 2022.
- Hemananda Biswal recently passed away (in Feb’22). He is a former CM of which of the following states?
1) Uttar Pradesh
5) West BengalAnswer-2) Odisha
Former Odisha Chief Minister (CM) Hemananda Biswal passed away in Bhubaneswar, Odisha at the age of 83 years.
i. He was appointed as the CM of Odisha twice (1989-1990, 1999- 2000) and also was the first tribal CM of Odisha.