AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 25 & 26 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which IIT recently (in Apr’21) partnered with the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) to promote technological start-ups by conducting launchpad competitions?
1) IIT Roorkee
3) IIT Guwahati
4) IIT Kharagpur
5) IIT MadrasAnswer-2) IIT-Kanpur
In April 2021, the Indian business association for businesses in Singapore, the Singapore Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (SICCI) collaborated with Start-up Incubation and Innovation Centre (SIIC) of IIT-Kanpur to mutually promote Technology based Startups.
Under this collaboration, SICCI-SIIC conducts a Launchpad Competition – “SICCI-SIIC INNOVATION LAUNCHPAD”.
- Which was the Target year set to achieve Net Zero Carbon Emission by the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) on World Earth Day?
5) 2030Answer-2) 2050
The Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) part of the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) launched the “IGBC Mission on Net Zero” on the occasion of World Earth Day (22nd April 2021).
Target – ‘Net Zero Carbon Emission’ by 2050.
About Confederation of Indian Industry (CII):
President- Uday Kotak
Headquarters– New Delhi
- Which organisation released the report, “Gender Bias & Inclusion in Advertising in India” that analysed Indian Women’s position in Televisions & Advertisements?
3) UN Women
5) YouTubeAnswer-1) UNICEF
The United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and The Geena Davis Institute (GDI) on Gender in Media jointly released a study titled “Gender Bias & Inclusion in Advertising in India”. The study assesses the role of advertising media in reinforcing and challenging gender roles that impact the lives of women in India.
The research analysed more than 1000 television and Youtube advertisements aired across India in 2019.
- What is/are the types of Investment that are facilitated through the ‘Axis Direct RING’ mobile application of Axis Direct?
1) Mutual Funds
2) Government Securities
4) Stock Market
5) All the AboveAnswer-4) Stock Market
Axis Direct, the flagship brand of Axis Securities, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Axis Bank, launched a mobile application called ‘Axis Direct RING’ which supports making a simple, fast & real time investment in stock markets.
About Axis Securities:
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO- B Gopkumar
- Indian States & UTs can avail Special Drawing Facility (SDF) at an interest rate of _____, as RBI extended the interim Ways and Means Advances (WMA) limit of Rs 51,560 crore for __________ in April 2021.
1) 3.5%, 1 year
2) 4%, 1 year
3) 4.25%, 1 year
4) 4%, 6 months
5) 3.5%, 6 monthsAnswer-4) 4%, 6 months
On April 23, 2021, due to the prevalence of the COVID-19, The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has informed the continuation of the existing interim Ways and Means Advances (WMA) limit of Rs 51,560 crore for all states and Union Territories(UTs) for 6 months i.e. up to September 30, 2021.
States & UTs can avail WMA, SDF and Overdraft at an interest rate equal to the RBI’s repo rate (current repo rate – 4%).
- Who was appointed as the Director General of National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) in April 2021?
1) Navin Agarwal
2) Ravi Mital
3) Siddharth Singh Longjam
4) Ajay Kumar
5) Ajay Bhushan PandeyAnswer-3) Siddharth Singh Longjam
IAS officer Siddharth Singh Longjam will take over as the Director General (DG) of National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA). He will succeed Navin Agarwal.
Establishment- November 2005
Headquarters- New Delhi
Motto- “Play Fair”
- Which country for the 1st time will host the ITTFs World Table Tennis Championship in 2021?
1) Busan, South Korea
2) Houston, USA
3) Durban, South Africa
4) Manaus, Brazil
5) Bhubaneswar, IndiaAnswer-2) Houston, USA
The International Table Tennis Federation(ITTF) has confirmed that the World Table Tennis Championship 2021 will be held as per schedule from November 23 to 29 ,2021 in Houston, United States of America(USA). This is the 1st time the USA will host the World Table Tennis Championship.
- Who authored the book, “The Living Mountain: A Fable for Our Times”?
1) Vikram Seth
2) Salman Rushdie
3) Khushwant Singh
4) Ruskin Bond
5) Amitav GhoshAnswer-5) Amitav Ghosh
Noted Indian writer Amitav Ghosh has authored a new book titled “The Living Mountain: A Fable for Our Times”.
Other Famous Books by Amitav Ghosh – Shadow lines, The Glass Place, The Hunger Tide, River of Smoke, Flood of Fire
- What was the theme of 2021s World Immunization Week that was observed between 24th & 30th April?
1) Close the immunization gap
2) Protect your world – get vaccinated
3) Vaccines bring us closer
4) Protected Together: Vaccines Work!
5) Vaccines Work for allAnswer-3) Vaccines bring us closer
World Immunization Week is observed annually across the globe in the last week of April to promote the use of vaccines to protect people against diseases.
The World Immunisation Week 2021 is observed from 24th April to 30th April 2021.
2021 theme – “Vaccines bring us closer”.
- When is the National Panchayati Raj Day or Panchayati Raj Diwas annually observed in India?
1) 25th April
2) 22nd April
3) 24th April
4) 23rd April
5) 26th AprilAnswer-3) 24th April
National Panchayati Raj Day or Panchayati Raj Diwas is annually observed across India on 24th April to recognise the work of the Panchayat leaders towards building an AtmaNirbhar Bharat. The day is annually commemorated by the Ministry of Panchayati Raj.
Panchayat – “Panch”, meaning five, and “Ayat”, meaning assembly.
Panchayati Raj System, was 1st adopted in Nagaur District, Rajasthan in 1959