AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 23 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
- The Central Government recently (in Feb ’22) approved the continuation of the Central Sector Umbrella Scheme of “Border Infrastructure and Management (BIM)” from 2021-22 to _____ with an outlay of __________.
1) 2023-24; Rs 11,980 crore
2) 2024-25; Rs 13,020 crore
3) 2025-26; Rs 10,769 crore
4) 2024-25; Rs 11,980 crore
5) 2025-26; Rs 13,020 croreAnswer-5) 2025-26; Rs 13,020 crore
The Central Government approved the continuation of the Central Sector Umbrella Scheme of ‘Border Infrastructure and Management (BIM)’ over the 15th Finance Commission Cycle from 2021-22 to 2025-26 with an outlay of Rs 13,020 crore.
i. The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) is responsible for the improvement of BIM.
ii. This continuation will strengthen the border infrastructure for improving border management, policing and guarding the borders.
- The bilateral air exercise named ‘Eastern Bridge-VI’ was commenced between India & _____________ in Jodhpur Air Force Station in Rajasthan.
4) Saudi Arabia
5) OmanAnswer-5) Oman
The 6th edition of the 5-day bilateral air exercise between the Indian Air Force (IAF) and the Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) namely ‘Eastern Bridge-VI’ commenced at Jodhpur Air Force Station in Rajasthan.
Objective: This exercise is an opportunity to enhance operational capability and interoperability between the two Air Forces.
• The Indian Air Force(IAF) has deployed a fleet of Sukhoi-30MKIs, Jaguar and Mirage-2000 fighter jets for the sixth edition of the exercise ‘Eastern Bridge’.
• The Royal Air Force of Oman (RAFO) has deployed its F-16 jets.
- In February 2022, the Ministry of Rural Development launched the Rural Connectivity GIS (Geographic Information System) Data in Public Domain.
Under which scheme the implementation was launched?
1) Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana
2) Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
3) National Rurban Mission
4) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
5) Pradhan Mantri Awaas YojanaAnswer-4) Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana
Giriraj Singh, Union Minister for Rural Development, launched the Rural Connectivity GIS (Geographic Information System) Data in Public Domain in India Habitat Centre, New Delhi, Delhi.
i. As a part of the implementation of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), GIS data for more than 8 lakh rural facilities as points, 10 lakh habitations and 25 lakh Km of rural roads have been collected and digitized using the GIS platform developed for the PMGSY.
ii. The National Rural Infrastructure Development Agency (NRIDA), the nodal implementing agency of PMGSY has signed a Memorandum of Understanding(MoU) with 3 GIS Firms.
iii. NRIDA is also collaborating with Gati Shakti for releasing Rural Connectivity GIS Data in Public Domain.
- Name the organization that recently (in Feb ’22) signed a loan agreement of USD 68 million with IIFL Home Finance Ltd. to improve financial access to affordable green housing for lower-income groups in India.
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank
2) International Monetary Fund
3) United Nations Development Programme
4) Asian Development Bank
5) World BankAnswer-4) Asian Development Bank
IIFL Home Finance Limited (IIFL HFL) signed a loan agreement of USD 68 million (INR 507 crore) with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to provide financial support for affordable green housing for lower-income women borrowers in India.
i. The funding pattern includes up to USD 58 million direct loans by the ADB and USD 10 million concessional loans by the Canadian Climate Fund for the Private Sector (CFPS) in Asia.
ii. Under the ADB’s loan, 80% will be lent to women borrowers or co-borrowers and 20% will be allocated to financing mortgages for green-certified homes for low-income households.
- In February 2022, ___________ became the 1st bank to enter the Metaverse to open a lounge named “Onyx” through blockchain technology in Decentraland.
1) Capital One Financial Corporation
2) Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
3) Wells Fargo & Co
4) JPMorgan Chase & co
5) Bank of America CorporationAnswer-4) JPMorgan Chase & co
JPMorgan Chase & co, the largest financial institution in the United States (US) has become the 1st bank to arrive in the metaverse, a virtual world based on blockchain technology with the opening of a lounge named ‘Onyx’ in blockchain technology-based virtual world Decentraland.
Onyx refers to JPMorgan’s suite of Ethereum-based services and released a report exploring how businesses can find opportunities in the metaverse.
i. Metaverse is a virtual reality world where users can do multiple activities like games, shopping, and interaction with others just like they do in the real world.
ii. The metaverse uses Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) for interaction and has become an efficiently used technology to enhance user experience.
- As per the Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC), under the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas, India’s fuel demand is expected to grow by _______ in FY23.
5) 4.2%Answer-2) 5.5%
According to the estimates released by the Petroleum Planning and Analysis Cell (PPAC), under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural gas, India’s fuel demand is likely to grow 5.5 % in FY23.
i. According to government estimates India’s fuel consumption (especially oil demand) in FY23 could rise to 214.5 million tons (MT) from the revised estimates of 203.3 MT for FY22.
ii. In FY23 Local demand for gasoline (mainly used in passenger vehicles) is expected to rise by 7.8 per cent to 33.3 million tons, while gasoil consumption shows a slow growth of 4 per cent to 79.3 million tons.
iii. Consumption of aviation fuel would increase by nearly 50 per cent to 7.6 million tons in FY23, compared to the revised estimate of 5.1 million tons in FY22.
- In February 2022, _________ bank signed an agreement to acquire a _______ stake for a cash investment of INR 19.99 crore with Verve Financial Services (VFSPL).
1) ICICI Bank; 9.49%
2) Axis Bank; 7.45%
3) HDFC Bank; 9.49%
4) ICICI Bank; 7.45%
5) Axis Bank; 8.12%Answer-1) ICICI Bank; 9.49%
ICICI Bank signed an agreement with Verve Financial Services (VFSPL). The bank has acquired a 9.49% stake for a cash investment of INR 19.99 crore in the equity shares of VFSPL.
i. The investment agreement is expected to be completed by the end of March 2022. Later, ICICI Bank will hold a 9.49% stake (on a fully diluted basis) in VFSPL through the acquisition of 2,29,600 equity shares.
About ICICI Bank:
CEO & MD– Sandeep Bakhshi
Headquarters- Vadodara, Gujarat
- Name the country that recently (in Feb ’22) tested the iron dome based naval defence system named “C-Dome or Protective Dome” by Maven Naval Warship.
1) Saudi Arabia
5) PakistanAnswer-4) Israel
Israel successfully test-fired its “C-Dome or Protective Dome” naval defence system based on Iron Dome which was tested against rockets, cruise missiles and Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV). The C-Dome was successfully tested for the first time from Saar-6 Corvette INS Magen, Israel’s Naval Warship.
About The “C-Dome or Protective Dome” Missiles:
i. The C-Dome is a multilayer missile defence system, alongside the Arrow and David’s Sling systems which is capable of intercepting everything from long-range missiles to short-range rockets.
ii. Rafael developed the Iron Dome, a mobile all-weather air defence system.
iii. The C-Dome has a speed of Mach 2.2 (2716.56 kmph).
- Which organization recently (in Feb ’22) launched KISAN mobile application to agro-meteorological services to the farmers?
5) IIT-DelhiAnswer-1) IIT-Roorkee
The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee organized a regional farmers’ awareness programme as part of the ‘Gramin Krishi Mausam Sewa’ (GKMS) project and launched KISAN mobile application for the farmers. The app will provide agro-meteorological services to the farmers.
i. Farmers from the districts of Haridwar, Dehradun, and Pauri Garhwal of Uttarakhand participated in the event.
ii. A book in Hindi titled ‘Agrometeorological Advisory Services for Cereal Crops, Horticultural Crops, and Livestock‘was released at the event.
iii. The Agrometeorological Advisory Services are offered jointly by the AMFU (Agromet Field Unit Roorkee) IIT Roorkee and the India Meteorological Department (IMD).
- In February 2022, who won the Airthings Masters chess tournament and became the 3rd Indian to defeat Magnus Carlsen, World Number 1?
1) Bharath Subramaniyam
2) R Praggnanandhaa
3) Harika Dronavalli
4) Karthik Venkataraman
5) Arjun VishnuvardhanAnswer-2) R Praggnanandhaa
Indian Grandmaster (GM) R Praggnanandhaa defeated World Number 1 Magnus Carlsen (Norway) in the 8th round of the Airthings Masters, an online rapid chess tournament.
i. With this victory, R Praggnanandhaa became the third Indian, after Viswanathan Anand and P Harikrishna, to accomplish the rare feat of defeating Magnus Carlsen.
ii. He became India’s youngest and world’s second youngest Grandmaster in 2018.