AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 20 & 21 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which country signed an MoU with India (in June’21) for enhancing bilateral cooperation in the field of Climate Change and waste management?
1) Sri Lanka
India & Bhutan signed an MoU for developing cooperation between the two countries in the area of environment. It will also enable bilateral cooperation in the area of climate change, waste management etc.
Prime Minister – Lotay Tshering
Capital – Thimphu
Currency – Ngultrum
- In June 2021, _________________ released “General Elections 2019 India – An Atlas”, which consists of statistical analysis of ______ General Election that was held in 2019.
1) NITI Aagyo; 15th
2) Election Commission; 21st
3) NITI Aagyo; 21st
4) Election Commission; 17th
5) NITI Aagyo; 17th
Answer-4) Election Commission; 17th
Chief Election Commissioner Sushil Chandra along with Election Commissioners Rajiv Kumar and Anup Chandra Pandey released the “General Elections 2019 India – An Atlas”, which consists of data and statistical figures of 17th General Elections held in 2019.
i.The Atlas was published by the Election Commission of India(ECI).
- Where did Indian Navy & Japanese Navy recently (in June’21) conduct a joint Naval exercise?
1) Andaman Sea
2) Indian Ocean
3) Pacific Ocean
4) Bay of Bengal
5) Sea of Japan
Answer-2) Indian Ocean
Indian Navy and Japanese Maritime Self-Defense Force conducted a joint naval exercise at the Indian Ocean under the motive ‘Free and Open Indo-Pacific‘(FOIP). The Indian side was represented by INS Kulish.
Other Exercises between India-Japan:
i.Dharma Guardian-Military Exercise.
ii.Japan–India Maritime bilateral exercise (JIMEX)-Naval Exercise.
iii.Malabar- Trilateral Naval Exercise: India, Japan & US
- More than 1% of the World’s Population are forcibly displaced as per the finding of ‘Global Trends: Forced Displacement in 2020 Report’. Name the organisation that released the report.
1) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
2) International Organization for Migration
3) United Nations Human Rights Council
4) International Labour Organization
5) United Nations Development Programme
Answer-1) United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
According to the ‘Global Trends: Forced Displacement in 2020 Report’ released by United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) – The number of people fleeing wars, violence, persecution, and human rights violations increased to nearly 82.4 million people in 2020
i.More than 1% of the world’s population or 1 in 95 people are now forcibly displaced.
ii.UNHCR is Headquartered at Geneva, Switzerland
- Which fintech company signed a ‘Lead Generation Agreements’ (in June’21) with 12 financial institutions including ICICI Bank, PNB, Deutsche Bank to provide technology solutions to the financial institutions?
1) Lendingkart Technologies
2) PayPoint India
3) Pine Labs india
4) Capital Float
5) MoneyTap india
Answer-2) PayPoint India
PayPoint India, a technology-enabled distribution network of financial services, signed ‘lead generation agreements’ with 12 financial institutions viz, Punjab National Bank, ICICI Bank, Deutsche Bank, and Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) such as Bajaj Housing, Piramal Housing, and Hero Fincorp, among others.
- In June 2021, SEBI imposed a cumulative fine of Rs 15 crore on ____________________ and its senior officials for using high yielding strategies on 6-debt schemes.
1) Edelweiss Broking Limited
2) Mirae Asset Financial Group
3) Motilal Oswal Financial Services
4) Franklin Templeton Trustee Services
5) Invesco PowerShares
Answer-4) Franklin Templeton Trustee Services
SEBI imposed a cumulative fine of Rs 15 crore on 9 entities, including Franklin Templeton Trustee Services, senior officials and fund managers associated with the six debt schemes wound up by the Franklin Asset Management Company.
- Which company (in June’21) joined the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Partnership for New Work Standards to establish a framework for a healthy work environment?
Wipro Limited joined the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) Partnership for New Work Standards initiative to establish a healthy, resilient and equitable future of work with human-first work standards.
- In June 2021, the UN General Assembly announced the appointment of _______________ as the Secretary General of UN for a _______term
1) Filippo Grandi; 7-years
2) Antonio Guterres; 5-years
3) Filippo Grandi; 6-years
4) Antonio Guterres; 7-years
5) Filippo Grandi; 5-years
Answer-2) Antonio Guterres; 5-years
Antonio Guterres, was re-elected as the Secretary General of United Nations (UN) for a 2nd 5-year term from January 1, 2022 to December 31, 2026. His appointment was made by the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA).
- In June 2021, Former F1 Champion Michael Schumacher recovered from coma after 6-years. Which country does he belong to?
Formula One(F1) Champion Michael Schumacher, a retired German racing driver who has recorded the most wins – 91, pole positions – 68 and Podium finishes – 155 has got out of coma after 6 years.
- Which state government launched 2 New Schemes – ‘Mukhyamantri Mahila Udyami Yojana (MMUY)’ & ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Udyami Yojana (MYUY)’ to promote entrepreneurship among women & youth?
Answer- 4) Bihar
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar virtually launched 2 new schemes namely ‘Mukhyamantri Mahila Udyami Yojana (MMUY)’ & ‘Mukhyamantri Yuva Udyami Yojana (MYUY)’ to promote entrepreneurship among women and youth of all sections under the state’s ‘MukhyaMantri Udyami Yojana’ scheme.