AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 2 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Which organization is organizing the “My Life, My Yoga” (Jeevan Yoga) contest along with AYUSH ministry?
1) Centre for Cultural Resources and Training
2) Nehru Memorial Museum and Library
4) Indian Council for Cultural Relations
5) National school for CultureAnswer-4) Indian Council for Cultural Relations
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi during his Mann Ki Baat address to the nation announced the “My Life – My Yoga”(Jeevan Yoga) Video Blogging Contest, as one of the activities related to the observation of the 6th International Day of Yoga (IDY) on June 21st, 2020. The contest being organized by the Ministry of AYUSH and the Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) is open for participants from all countries.
- According to NITI Aayog vice chairman Rajiv Kumar, India can access to carbon credits worth ________ by propagating the natural farming and agroecology.
1) 30-40 billion
2) 50-60 billion
3) 40-50 billion
4) 60-70 billion
5) 90-100 billionAnswer-2) 50-60 billion
The National Institution for Transforming India(NITI) Aayog vice-chairman Rajiv Kumar stated that India’s access to USD 50-60 billion worth of carbon credits can be achieved if it propagates natural farming and agroecology while suggesting adoption of innovative farming methods based on ecological principles during a virtual high-level round-table on ‘Agroecology and Regenerative Agriculture’.
- The Mumbai based SEBI has extended the deadline for POA norms till August 1, 2020. POA is abbreviated as _______ of Attorney.
5) ProvisionAnswer-3) Power
Markets regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has extended the date for implementing norms pertaining to power of attorney (POA) given by clients to trading members or clearing members till August 1, 2020 from June 1, 2020. The decision regarding extension has been taken due to the difficulty faced by the stock brokers and broker associations in implementing the provisions amid the situation arising due to COVID-19.
- The board of which PSU has approved to sign the MoU with Japan based MELCO recently?
5) BEMLAnswer-5) BEML
The Board of BEML (formerly Bharat Earth Movers Limited) in its 362nd meeting has given its approval for signing a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with MELCO to study and planning for initiating a joint venture (JV) company between BEML and MELCO. This approval is on the lines of invitation of BEML regarding Expression of Interest (EoI) for Manufacturing, Partnerships under “Make in India” policy.
- Which private sector bank has acquired a 24.19% stake in Dish TV India Ltd?
1) YES Bank
2) RBL Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
4) HDFC Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-1) YES Bank
Private sector lender Yes Bank Limited has acquired a 24.19% stake in Dish TV India Ltd, a company providing Direct to Home (DTH) television service in India, following invocation of 44.53 crore pledged shares due to default in payment of debt by Dish TV and some other companies.
- YES bank partnered with which company/app to launch contactless travel card?
3) Red bus
4) Make my trip
5) ChaloAnswer-5) Chalo
YES Bank has partnered with Chalo to launch of a co-branded contactless travel card in Mangalore and Udupi, which would enable users to load money on the card to make ‘tap to pay’ payments across buses.
- Find the 1st private company which has sent astronauts into the space.
4) Blue Origin
5) AstraAnswer-2) SpaceX
Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk’s SpaceX became the first private company to launch two astronauts in space aboard its Crew Dragon spacecraft.The milestone flight marked the first time that American astronauts have flown from US soil since the NASA’s space shuttle programme ended in 2011.NASA astronauts RobrtBehnken and Douglas Hurley docked the SpaceX with the International Space Station(ISS) on 31st May 2020.
- Which Indian state has launched the COVID-19 tracking platform built by NASSCOM recently?
1) Tamil Nadu
5) GujaratAnswer-2) Karnataka
The National Association of Software and Services Companies(NASSCOM) announced that it has delivered an end-to-end coronavirus tracking platform for Karnataka, called the Karnataka Listening Dashboard for COVID-19. As part of the launch, NASSCOM has provided the 1st set of dashboards to state government’s use and will add more soon.
- In collaboration with which association the Sports Authority of India (SAI) has launched India’s 1st -ever national-level open online coaching programme named “Khelo India e-Pathshala”?
1) FédérationInternationale de Football Association
2) International Cricket Council
3) National Sports Federations
4) Board of Control for Cricket in India
5) Indian Olympic AssociationAnswer-3) National Sports Federations
Sports Authority of India (SAI), the apex national sports body of India, in association with National Sports Federations (NSF) has launched India’s 1st -ever national-level open online coaching and education programme called “Khelo India e-Pathshala” to grassroots players.
- Wajid Khan who passed away recently is a renowned _______.
3) Stunt man
5) Music DirectorAnswer-5) Music Director
Music Director Wajid Khan, of the popular duo Sajid-Wajid, known for his compositions for Salman Khan’s popular movies such as ‘Wanted’, the ‘Dabangg’ and ‘EkTha Tiger’, passed away at the age of 42 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Wajid Khan was the brother of music director Sajid Khan.
- Sprinter Bobby Morrow (Olympic medalist) who is in news recently belongs to which country?
5) United StatesAnswer- 5) United States
American Sprinter, the San Benito Buller, Bobby Morrow, one of the four men (Jesse Owens(1936), Carl Lewis(1984), Usain Bolt(2012 & 2016)) to win three events at a single game (100m, 200m and 4x100m relay) died of natural causes at the age of 84 in his home in San Benito, Texas. He was born in October 1935, in Harlingen,Texas.
- When was the world milk day celebrated annually?
1) May 28
2) May 29
3) May 30
4) May 31
5) June 1Answer-5) June 1
World Milk Day (WMD) is observed every year on June 1 globally, with the aim to raise awareness about milk and its importance as global food. The day encourages to talk about the benefits of dairy with regards to health and nutrition, affordability and accessibility, the sector’s passion and commitment to feeding our communities. Theme for the year 2020: 20th Anniversary of World Milk Day.
- The World No Tobacco Day was observed every year on _______.
1) March 17
2) May 31
3) April 30
4) June 16
5) May 30Answer-2) May 31
31st May of Every year is celebrated as World No Tobacco Day created by the Member States of the World Health Organization(WHO) in 1987 to educate the public on the effects of tobacco and tobacco related diseases. The theme of World No Tobacco Day 2020 is “Protecting youth from industry manipulation and preventing them from tobacco and nicotine use”.
- International Day of Action for Women’s Health was observed annually on May 28 since which year?
5) 1991Answer-1) 1987
International Day of Action for Women’s Health (or International Women’s Health Day) has been observed every year on May 28 since 1987. The main agenda of this day is to promote the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) of all women all over the world.
- The International Everest day was observed every year on May 29. Who among the following become the first explorers to reach the summit of Mount Everest?
1) Edmund Hillary
2) Tenzing Norgay
3) George Band
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
May 29th is observed as the International Everest Day to commemorate the first summit of Mt.Everest by Sir Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay of Nepal in the year 1953. In 2008, the Government of Nepal made the decision to mark this day as the international Everest Day when Sir Edmund Hillary passed away.
- Which among the following is the world’s oldest known land animal as per research published in the journal Historical Biology?
3) Sebastes aleutianus
4) Somniosus microcephalus
5) ArcticaislandicaAnswer-1) Kampecarisobanensis
According to the research published in the journal Historical Biology, fossilized millipede-like Silurian Period creature called Kampecarisobanensis(approximately 450 million years old) is unearthed on the island of Kerrera in the Scottish Inner Hebrides(Scotland), which is likely to be the world’s oldest-known land animal.
- The researchers at the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) found a rare bandtail scorpionfish in the Gulf of Mannar recently. Where is CMFRI located?
5) KochiAnswer-5) Kochi
Researchers at the Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI) found a rare bandtail scorpionfish from Sethukarai coast in the Gulf of Mannar. This was the first time that the particular species was found alive in Indian waters during the exploratory survey of the seagrass ecosystem. CMFRI located at Kochi, Kerala.
- The developers of which country has developed the world’s 1st digital contact tracing app utilizing the Exposure Notification API of Apple and Google.
2) United States
5) ItalyAnswer-3) Switzerland
The developer team of EPFL& ETH of Switzerland has developed the “SwissCovid”, first of its kind for digital contact tracing app utilizing the Exposure Notification API (Application Programming Interface) of Apple and Google and based on a decentralized approach to track the spread of coronavirus.
- Union minister Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched India’s National Artificial Intelligence (AI) Portal & “Responsible AI for Youth” programme recently. The portal was developed by National e-GovDivision of Meity along with which organization?
1) Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI)
2) Electronic Component Industries Association (ELCINA)
3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
4) Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
5) The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)Answer-3) National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM)
Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology(IT), Law and Justice and Communications Ravi Shankar Prasad launched India’s National Artificial Intelligence(AI) Portal called www.ai.gov.in & launched a National Program for the youth, “Responsible AI for Youth” during the occasion of the first anniversary of the second tenure of the government. The portal was developed jointly by the National e-Governance Division of Ministry of Electronics and IT and NASSCOM from the IT industry.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- “Kheer BhawaniMela” is celebrated in which state/UT?
1) Andaman & Nicobar
2) Uttar Pradesh
3) Arunachal Pradesh
4) Jammu & Kashmir
5) Madhya PradeshAnswer-4) Jammu & Kashmir
In the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir, the Annual Kheer BhawaniMela on 30th May this year in Tulmulla village of Ganderbal district has been cancelled by the Dharmarth Trust of Jammu and Kashmir because of outbreak of Coronavirus pandemic. The devotees have been asked to cooperate with the authorities and perform the worship of the Goddess at their homes only.
- Name the world’s largest contact tracing app.
5) SwisscovidAnswer-2) AarogyaSetu
According to Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan, AarogyaSetu has become world’s largest contact tracing app reaching over 11 crore 40 lakh people in 40 days. The app was made as open source recently.
- Who is the current CEO of NITI Aayog?
1) Amitabh Kant
3) Rajiv Kumar
4) Ajay Tyagi
5) VK PaulAnswer-1) Amitabh Kant
Mr. Amitabh Kant is presently CEO of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI)Aayog.
- What is the capital and currency of Switzerland?
1) Geneva & Euro
2) Zurich & Krone
3) Lausanne & Pound
4) Bern & Franc
5) Gland &KornaAnswer-4) Bern & Franc
The capital and currency of Switzerland are Bern and Swiss franc respectively.
- Where is the HQ Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) located?
5) New YorkAnswer-4) Rome
Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO): The FAO is a specialized agency of the United Nations (UN) that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Headquarters– Rome, Italy.