AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
Date-Wise Current Affairs June 2020 PDF(Content & Q&A) for Paid Users – Click Here to Know More
Questions Based on Current Affairs 1 June 2020
- Which ministry has partnered with TCS iON to offer free online career skills training through NCS portal?
1) Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship
2) Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports
3) Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
4) Ministry of Labour and Employment
5) Ministry of Tribal AffairsAnswer-4) Ministry of Labour and Employment
The Union Ministry of Labour and Employment in partnership with TCS iON offers free online career skills training through the National Career Service (NCS) project to enhance the corporate etiquette, interpersonal skills, presentation skills and other softs skills of the job-seekers. NCS in partnership with HireMee, online assessment and hiring service provider, offers creation of video profiles for job-seekers.
- Ministry of Jal Shakti has approved the grant of Rs. 445 crores for the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) to which state?
5) MaharashtraAnswer-2) Chhattisgarh
Ministry of Jal Shakti, a ministry under Government of India (GoI) has approved an amount of Rs 445 crore for the implementation of the Jal Jeevan Mission (JJM) in Chhattisgarh during 2020-21.
- For how many additional Minor Forest Produce (MFP) items the ministry of tribal affairs announced the Minimum Support Price (MSP) recently?
5) 27Answer-3) 23
Ministry of(M/O) Tribal Affairs has notified an Inclusion of 23 additional Minor Forest Produce (MFP) items and stipulation of their Minimum Support Price (MSP) under the Central government-sponsored Scheme (2011) titled “Mechanism for Marketing of MFP through MSP and development of value chain of MFP”.
- For which country United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has extended the individual sanctions, travel ban and an arms embargo until May 2021?
5) South SudanAnswer-5) South Sudan
The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) has extended the individual sanctions, travel ban and an arms embargo in South Sudan until May 2021. An arms embargo is a restriction or a set of sanctions that applies solely to weaponry. This extension has been drafted by the United States (US), which received 12 votes in favor while Russia, China and South Africa abstained it.
- Which Indian state has signed MoU with Industries and Business Chambers to promote the MSME sector and provide employment for migrant workers?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-4) Uttar Pradesh
The State MSME Minister Sidharth Nath in the presence of Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi adityanath signed the MoU with the Industries and Business Chambers to promote the MSME sector and provide employment for around 10 lakhs skilled and semi-skilled workers.
- Name the person who has been appointed as the chairman of the advisory committee on Service provider of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI).
1) PR Ramesh
2) TV Mohandas Pai
3) Shrikrishna Kulkarni
4) Binoy J.Kattadiyil
5) Vellayan Subbiah MurugappaAnswer-2) TV Mohandas Pai
The Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI) reorganised its advisory committee on service providers and appointed TV Mohandas Pai, Service Chairman of Manipal Global Education as its chairman to support the 12-member panel and provide professional insights on the service providers handled by the IBBI.
- Who was appointed as the Managing Director of India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited for 3years by Finance ministry?
1) PR Jaishankar
2) Harsha Bungari
3) VSV Rao
4) Sunil Kumar Bansal
5) Pankaj JainAnswer-1) PR Jaishankar
The Ministry of Finance appointed PR Jaishankar as the MD (Managing Director) of the India Infrastructure Finance Company Limited (IIFCL) for 3 years.
- Arun Singhal was appointed as the CEO of which organization recently?
1) Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority (APEDA)
2) Central Drugs Standard Control Organization (CDSCO)
3) Food Corporation of India (FCI)
4) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
5) None of theseAnswer-4) Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI)
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC), Government of India (GoI), has approved the appointment of Arun Singhal, a 1987-batch IAS (Indian Administrative Service officer) of Uttar Pradesh cadre, as chief executive officer (CEO) of Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
- Who is the only cricket player featured in Forbes’ top 100 highest paid athletes of 2020 (list topped by Roger Federer)?
1) MS Dhoni
2) Chris Gayle
3) Virat Kohli
4) Rohit Sharma
5) Steve SmithAnswer-3) Virat Kohli
Virat Kohli, Indian Cricket Team Captain becomes the only cricketer and the only Indian to feature in the Forbes’ Top 100 highest paid athletes of 2020.Kohli ranked 66 with Forbes Magazine estimated earnings of around 26 million USD (24 million from endorsements and 2 million from salary/winnings). Tennis player Roger Federer Tops the list for the first time with estimated earnings 106.3 million USD. Cristiano Ronaldo stands 2nd with the estimated value of 105 million USD & Lionel Messi dropped to 3rd rank in 2020 with 104 million USD.
- The research project undertaken by which IIT, has helped to triple the number of Irrawaddy dolphins in Chilika lake (Odisha)?
1) IIT Madras
2) IIT Kanpur
3) IIT Delhi
4) IIT Guwahati
5) IIT CalcuttaAnswer-1) IIT Madras
A research project undertaken by the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, a public technical and research university located in Chennai, Tamil Nadu (TN), has helped triple the number of Irrawaddy dolphins in Odisha’s Chilika lake, Asia’s largest natural water reservoir.
- Kiranjeet Kaur who was banned for 4-years due violation of anti-doping rule is associated with which sport?
1) Pole Vault
2) Shot Put
3) Long distance runner
4) Javelin Throw
5) WrestlingAnswer-3) Long distance runner
The World Athletics anti-doping body handed a 4-year ban to Kiranjeet Kaur (32), long-distance runner, for violation of anti-doping rule with the abuse of Enobosarm and its metabolite. The samples were tested in the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) accredited laboratory in Doha since the National Dope Testing laboratory is under suspension from the World Anti-Doping Agency.
- Shehan Madushanka who is in news recently, belongs to which sport?
4) Basket Ball
5) HockeyAnswer-2) Cricket
Sri Lanka fast bowler Shehan Madushanka has been suspended from all forms of cricket with immediate effect after he was arrested for alleged possession of illegal drugs.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- Where is the HQ of World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) located?
5) LondonAnswer-1) Montreal
World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) headquarters have been located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- Chilika lake is located in which state?
3) Madhya Pradesh
4) Uttar Pradesh
5) OdishaAnswer-5) Odisha
Chilika Lake is a brackish water lagoon, spread over the Puri, Khurda and Ganjam districts of Odisha state on the east coast of India, at the mouth of the Daya River, flowing into the Bay of Bengal, covering an area of over 1,100 km.
- Who is the current chairperson of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI)?
1) Akhil Gupta
2) Ajay Tyagi
3) Bimal N Patel
4) Shrikrishna Kulkarni
5) M.S SahooAnswer-5) M.S Sahoo
Sahoo. Dr. M. S. Sahoo, an acclaimed thought leader in the area of securities markets and a distinguished public servant, currently serves as Chairperson of the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India.
- What is the capital and currency of South Sudan?
1) Khartoum & Pound
2) Tripoli & Dinar
3) Ankara & Lira
4) Juba & Pound
5) Damascus & DinarAnswer-4) Juba & Pound
The Capital and currency of South Sudan are Juba & South Sudanese Pound respectively.
- Who is the present Jal Shakti minister of India?
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Smriti Irani
3) Mansukh L. Mandaviya
4) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
5) Raj Nath SinghAnswer-4) Gajendra Singh Shekhawat
Gajendra Singh Shekhawat is the present Jal Shakti minister of India.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification