AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 February 2022 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Our Current Affairs November 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Current Affairs Quiz.
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
Top 10 Questions Based on Current Affairs 19 February 2022
- Which company recently (in Feb’22) signed an MoU with the Ministry of Tourism to boost tourism across India?
1) InterGlobe Aviation Ltd.
2) SpiceJet Ltd
3) Star Air Ltd
4) Alliance Air Aviation Ltd
5) FlyBig LtdAnswer-4) Alliance Air Aviation Ltd (AAAL)
The Ministry of Tourism signed an MoU with Alliance Air Aviation Limited (AAAL) to boost tourism across India.
Objective: To provide an integrated marketing and promotional strategy and a synergised campaign in association with the AAAL.
i. The agreement was signed to achieve the common purpose of joint domestic promotion and to consider the need to synergise the activities of MoT and AAAL in the tourism markets.
About the Ministry of Tourism:
Cabinet Minister- G. Kishan Reddy (Secunderabad, Telangana)
Minister of State- Shripad Yesso Naik (North Goa, Goa), Ajay Bhatt (Nainital-Udhamsingh Nagar, Uttarakhand).
- In which state India’s 1st water taxi service was inaugurated (in Feb’22) by Sarbananda Sonowal, Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways?
5) West BengalAnswer-2) Maharashtra
India’s 1st water taxi service to enable faster connectivity between Mumbai and Navi Mumbai in Maharashtra was inaugurated by the Union Minister Sarbananda Sonowal, Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
i. Maharashtra Chief Minister (CM) Uddhav Thackeray also inaugurated the newly constructed Belapur jetty.
ii. About India’s 1st water taxi service: The services will commence at the Domestic Cruise Terminal (DCT) and will connect the nearby locations at Nerul, Belapur, Elephanta island and Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT).
iii. About Belapur jetty:It is built at a cost of Rs. 8.37 crore. It was funded in the 50-50 model under the Sagarmala scheme of the Ministry of Ports, Shipping and Waterways.
- In February 2022, the Union Cabinet approved the continuation of the Capacity Development(CD) scheme of the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) till ________ with an outlay of Rs. 3,179 crore.
1) 31st January 2024
2) 31st March 2026
3) 30th June 2026
4) 31st July 2025
5) 1st April 2026Answer-2) 31st March 2026
The Union Cabinet approved for the continuation of the Capacity Development (CD) scheme of the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) till 31st March 2026 or further review, whichever is earlier with an outlay of Rs. 3,179 crore approved during 15th Finance Commission.
i. The CD scheme is an Ongoing Central Sector Scheme (CSS) of the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation (MoSPI) with an overall objective to augment infrastructural, technical and manpower resources for enabling availability of credible and timely official statistics.
ii. The scheme comprises the main scheme, capacity development and two sub-schemes viz. Support for Statistical Strengthening (SSS) and Economic Census (EC).
- In February 2022, the Indian government approved the scheme “Inter-Operable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) Phase II” from 2022-23 to 2025-26 with an outlay of Rs. 3,375 crore.
The ICJS scheme was under which ministry?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of External Affairs
3) Ministry of Law and Justice
4) Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
5) Ministry of Parliamentary AffairsAnswer-1) Ministry of Home Affairs
The central government has approved the implementation of Phase II of the Inter-Operable Criminal Justice System (ICJS) project by the Ministry of Home Affairs at a total cost of Rs 3,375 crore during the period from 2022-23 to 2025-26.
i. The project will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme at a total cost of Rs. 3,375 crore.
ii. National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) will implement the project in association with the National Informatics Centre (NIC).
Note- ICJS is a national platform for enabling integration of the IT system which is used to deliver Criminal Justice in the country.
- Which state recently (in Feb’22) has the maximum number of households electrified through the solar-based standalone system under Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana- ‘Saubhagya’ scheme?
5) Uttar PradeshAnswer-4) Rajasthan
Under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana- ‘Saubhagya’ scheme, Rajasthan has the maximum number of households electrified through the solar-based standalone system. In hill states of Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim and the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir had nil beneficiaries under the initiative.
i. Under the Saubhagya scheme, around 1,23,682 households were electrified in Rajasthan, followed by Chhattisgarh (65,373), Uttar Pradesh (53,234), Assam (50,754), Bihar (39,100), Maharashtra (30,538), Odisha (13,735), Madhya Pradesh (12,651).
- What was the percentage reduction in agriculture cess for crude palm oil by the government of India from 7.5% earlier w.e.f 12th February 2022?
5) 10%Answer-4) 5%
The Government of India (GoI) has reduced agri-cess for crude palm oil (CPO) from 7.5% to 5% with effect from 12th February 2022. Following the reduction of the agri-cess, the import tax gap between CPO and Refined Palm Oil has increased to 8.25%.
i. This will benefit the domestic edible oil refiners and also check the prices of cooking oils.
ii. The GoI has also extended the current basic rate of import duty of 0% on CPO, crude soybean oil and crude sunflower oil till September 30, 2022.
- Which of the following points are correct with respect to the Global Trade Update (as of Feb’22) published by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development(UNCTAD)?
1) Global trade in goods and services has reached a record high of USD 28.5 trillion in 2021, which has increased by around 25% compared to 2020.
2) In Q4 2021, India’s exports on Goods has increased by 25% and imports increased by 32% relative to the 2019 average.
3) In Q3 2021, India’s exports on Services increased by 7% and imports increased by 3% relative to the 2019 average.
4) Both 1 & 2
5) All 1, 2 & 3Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Global trade in goods and services has reached a record high of USD 28.5 trillion in 2021, which has increased by around 25% compared to 2020.
i. In Q4 2021, India’s exports on Goods increased by 25% and imports increased by 32% relative to the 2019 average.
ii. In Q3 2021, India’s exports on Services increased by 7% and imports increased by 3% relative to the 2019 average.
Note- The increased growth during the last quarter (Q4) of 2021 is expected to slow in the first quarter (Q1) of 2022 and normalize during 2022.
- In February 2022, _________ became the 1st foreign country to adopt India’s UPI (Unified Payments Interface) system to boost its digital payment platform.
5) BhutanAnswer-1) Nepal
Nepal has become the first foreign country to adopt India’s UPI (Unified Payments Interface) system thus enhancing the digitalization of cash transactions.
i. The services for the same in Nepal will be provided by the NPCI International Payments Ltd (NIPL), the international arm of NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India), in collaboration with Gateway Payments Service (GPS) and Manam Infotech.
ii. This adoption will boost interoperable real-time person-to-person (P2P) and person-to-merchant (P2M) transactions in Nepal.
- RBI recently (in Feb’22) cancelled the licence of ___________ due to its inadequacy in earning prospects to Pay the customers.
1) Alavi Co-Op Bank Ltd.
2) Mantha Urban Cooperative Bank
3) Harij Nagrik Sahakari Bank Ltd.
4) Bhavani Sahakari Bank Ltd
5) Kalol Urban Co-op. Bank LtdAnswer-2) Mantha Urban Cooperative Bank
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the licence of Mantha Urban Cooperative Bank, Maharashtra and consequently, the bank ceases to carry on banking business, with effect from February 16, 2022 to safeguard the interests of its depositors.
• The apex bank also prohibited the cooperative bank from conducting the business of ‘banking’ which includes acceptance of deposits and repayment of deposits as defined in Section 5(b) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation (BR) Act, 1949 with immediate effect.
Reason behind closing of Mantha Urban Cooperative Bank Ltd.
i. The bank does not have adequate capital and earning prospects. It does not comply with the provisions of section 11(1) and section 22 (3) (d) read with section 56 of the BR, 1949.
ii. It also failed to comply with the requirements of sections 22(3) (a), 22 (3) (b), 22(3)(c), 22(3) (d) and 22(3)(e) read with section 56 of the BR Act, 1949.
- As per the SBI’s Ecowrap report released (in Feb’22), India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth was reduced to __________ for FY22 from its earlier forecast of 9.3%.
5) 8.4%Answer-4) 8.8%
The report by the State Bank of India’s (SBI) economic research department (ERD), ‘Ecowrap’ has reduced India’s Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth projection for FY22 to 8.8% from its earlier forecast of 9.3%.
i. With the current projection, the real GDP will be around Rs 2.35 lakh crore/1.6% more than the pre-pandemic FY20 real GDP of Rs 145.69 lakh crore.
ii. India’s economy expanded by 8.4% in Q2 FY22 but the GDP growth in that period was slower than the 20.1% expansion in Q1 FY22.
iii. The SBI’s forecasting model forecasts the country’s GDP to grow at 5.8% in Q3 (October-December, 2022) of FY22.
AffairsCloud Recommends Oliveboard Mock Test
AffairsCloud Ebook - Support Us to Grow
Govt Jobs by Category
Bank Jobs Notification