AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 19 & 20 April 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- Name the Union Culture Minister (I/C) who has launched national list of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) in April 2020.
1) Nitin Gadkari
2) Harsimrat Kaur Badal
3) Prahlad Singh Patel
4) Narendra Singh Tomar
5) Ram Vilas Paswan
Answer-3) Prahlad Singh Patel
Prahlad Singh Patel, the Union Minister for Culture, Independent Charge, launched the National List of Intangible Cultural Heritage (ICH) of India in New Delhi with the aim to create awareness about the various intangible cultural heritage sites from different states of India at national and international level and ensure their protection.
- Find the Indian ministry which has formulated color codes (Red, Orange, Green zones) for Lockdown 2.0.
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises
3) Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation
4) Ministry of Science and Technology
5) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Answer-5) Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW) formulated a new set of guidelines for the nationwide lockdown-2.0 or Smart Lockdown, which started from 20th April 2020 and continues till May 3, 2020. It decided to divide all Indian districts into hotspots (red zones); non-hotspots (orange zones) and green zones on the basis of absolute number of cases and the speed of growth in cases.
- Name the 1st Indian state which carried out the rapid testing for covid-19.
4) Tamil Nadu
5) Uttar Pradesh
Rajasthan became the first state in the country to carry out Rapid Testing for Covid 19. State’s urban primary health centre of TopkhanaDesh (also known as Jaju Dispensary) in Jaipur started rapid tests at 5pm where 52 persons were tested and all were found COVID-19 negative.
- What is the revised loss coverage for micro loan defaults under Credit Guarantee Fund for Micro Units (CGFMU) scheme?
According to the amendment of Credit Guarantee Fund for Micro Units (CGFMU) scheme as notified by the ministry of Finance states that the coverage of lender’s loss in case of loan default is increased to 75% from earlier 50%.
- What is the amount of fund released to states and UTs under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS)?
1) 10000 crores
2) 3500 crores
3) 4100 crores
4) 7300 crores
5) 8400 crores
Answer-4) 7300 crores
The Centre Government has released 7,300 crore rupees to the States and Union Territories (UT) under Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGS) to liquidate pending dues of last financial year but also the wages dues for the first fortnight of 2020-21.
- South Korean President Moon Jae-in’s party wins election amid COVID-19 pandemic. He belongs to which party?
1) Democratic Party
2) Republic Part
3) Labour Party
4) People Party
5) Justice Party
Answer-1) Democratic Party
The Democratic Party of South Korean President Moon Jae-in has won victory in parliamentary elections, with 163 seats in the 300-seat National Assembly, first country conducted election among COVID-19 pandemic. The capital and currency of South Korea is Seoul and South Korean won respectively.
- The Equitas small finance bank (SFB) has launched Selfe Fixed Deposits (FD) and Selfe savings accounts to expand its digital banking services recently. Where is the HQ of Equitas SFB located?
2) New Delhi
Equitas Small Finance Bank (ESFB), a private sector, has launched Selfe Fixed Deposits (FD) and Selfe savings accounts to expand its digital banking services so as to help its customers to avoid visiting the branches as the lockdown is extended till May 3. The headquarters of ESFB located at Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- What is the amount for which RBI announced to conduct auction for Targeted Long-Term Repo Operations 2.0 (Note: on April 17, 2020 concluded 1 Lakh crore TLTRO)?
1) 40000 cr
2) 10000 cr
3) 20000 cr
4) 50000 cr
5) 25000 cr
Answer-4) 50000 cr
During the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Shaktikanta Das press conference, a Targeted Long-Term Repo Operations 2.0 (TLTRO) window of Rs 50,000 crore was announced. Now as a part of it, RBI is all set to conduct the first auction under the TLTRO 2.0 for an amount of Rs 25,000 crore on April 23, 2020.
- What is the Business Confidence Index for the 4th quarter of FY 20 as per National Council for Applied Economic Research’s (NCAER) 112th Business Expectations Survey (BES)?
In accordance with the economic think tank National Council for Applied Economic Research (NCAER) 112th Business Expectations Survey (BES), its quarterly business confidence index (N-BCI), covering 600 companies, declined by over 30% in the last quarter (Q4: Jan-March) of FY 19-20 to 77.3 from 111.2 in the Q3. The reason behind this downfall is the ongoing nationwide lockdown to contain the Covid-19 virus outbreak. It was the lowest figure since the 1998 Asian financial crisis. The N-BCI is a part of NCAER’s Business Expectations Survey (BES).
- What is the S&P Global Ratings’ revised growth forecast of India for the FY 20-21?
S&P Global Ratings has declined India’s growth forecast for the FY 20-21 to 1.8% from 3.5% estimated earlier due to an extended nationwide lockdown to contain COVID-19 spread. For the FY 2021-2022, the rating agency has projected India’s growth to 7.5%.
- Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has attended the 101st Development Committee plenary Meeting of World Bank – IMF recently. Where is the Headquarters of IMF located?
1) Geneva, Switzerland
2) Vienna, Austria
3) Paris, France
4) Washington DC, US
5) New Delhi, India
Answer-4) Washington DC, US
Union Minister of Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman attended the 101st Development Committee plenary Meeting of the World Bank – International Monetary Fund (IMF) through video conference.The World Bank has decided to grant financial support of 150 to 160 billion USD to combat COVID-19 for the next 15 months. The HQ of IMF located at Washington DC, United States.
- The 44th session of UNESCO’s (HQ – Paris, France) World Heritage committee 2020 which was scheduled at Fuzhou is postponed. The Fuzhou is the city in which country?
1) South Korea
4) North Korea
5) Chinese Taipei
Due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 44th session of the World Heritage Committee 2020 of UNESCO, scheduled from 29th of June to 9th of July, in Fuzhou of eastern China’s Fujian Province, has been postponed, which was made by the committee’s bureau members and consultations.The Headquarters of United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) is Paris, France.
- Name the Indian multinational motor company which has acquired 122-year-old iconic British company Norton Motorcycle (UK) Ltd for Rs 153 crore.
1) TVS motor
2) Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India
3) Suzuki Motorcycle India
4) Bajaj Auto
5) Hero Motocorp
Answer-1) TVS motor
TVS (Thirukkurungudi Vengaram Sundram) Motor Company Ltd, an Indian multinational motorcycle company, has acquired the 122-year-old iconic British company Norton Motorcycle (UK) Ltd for Rs 153 crore (£16 million).
- Name the Indian movie producer and distributor company which has done 1st of its kind all share merger with Hollywood’s STX Entertainment.
1) Fox Star Studios
2) Excel Entertainment
3) Eros International
4) Reliance Entertainment
5) AVM Productions
Answer-3) Eros International
1st of its kind deal, where Indian movie producer and distributor Eros International (which is also the holding company of the Lulla’s-promoted Eros Group) a NYSE-listed announced an all-share merger with 6-year-old, privately held Hollywood’s STX Entertainment to create an equally-held global entertainment company with a value of USD 1 billion.
- Which Indian organization has developed Automatic Mist Based Sanitisers Dispensing Unit & UV Sanitisation Box and Hand-held UV device recently?
1) Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)
2) Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
3) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
4) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
5) Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
Answer-3) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has introduced Automatic Mist Based Sanitiser Dispensing Unit & UltraViolet (UV) Sanitisation Box and Hand-held UV device to enhance the operations at public places during the pandemic.
- Which of the following is India’s 2nd institute which decodes entire genome sequence of Coronavirus (1st – National Institute of Virology)?
1) Rajiv Gandhi Centre for Biotechnology
2) Kalam Institute of Health Technology
3) National Centre for Cell Science
4) Gujarat Biotechnology Research Centre
5) Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics
Answer-4) Gujarat Biotechnology Research Centre
Gujarat’s Gandhinagar-based Gujarat Biotechnology Research Centre (GBRC) has become the second institute in India after the National Institute of Virology (NIV) in Pune, Maharashtra to decode the entire genome sequence of the COVID-19 virus but with three new mutations. GBRC has found nine mutations in its genome sequence. However, six of the mutations were already found by other research institutes globally but the three new mutations will help in developing medicines or vaccines needed to stop the spread of the deadly virus. The first genome sequence of the COVID-19 virus was found by Chinese Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC) in Bejing, China on January 10, 2020.
- Which command of Indian navy has developed air evacuation pod for covid-19 patients?
1) Central Command
2) Southern Command
3) Eastern Command
4) Western Command
5) Northern Command
Answer-2) Southern Command
Indian Navy’s Southern Command, Kochi has developed an air evacuation pod (AEP) to airlift COVID-19 infected patients safely from remote areas such as islands and ships in a fully sealed patient transfer capsule.
- The team of researchers of which institute has developed a portable compact solid-state sensor to identify the heavy metal ions in water?
1) Birbal Sahni Institute of Palaeobotany, Lucknow
2) Agharkar Research Institute, Pune
3) Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS), Bengaluru
4) Aryabhatta Research Institute of Observational-Sciences, Nanital
5) Bose Institute, Kolkata
Answer-3) Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS)
A team of researchers led by Dr. Pralay K. Santra at the Centre for Nano and Soft Matter Sciences (CeNS), an autonomous research institute based in Bengaluru (Karnataka ), has developed a portable compact solid-state sensor to identify the heavy metal ions such as lead (Pb2+), mercury and cadmium in water up to 0.4 parts per billion (ppb).
- Luis Sepúlveda Calfucura, the writer and author who passed away recently belongs to which country?
The best-selling Chilean writer and journalist Luis Sepúlveda Calfucura, 70 years, passed away at a hospital in Oviedo, northern Spain six weeks after testing positive for coronavirus. He was born on 4th October 1949 in Ovalle, Limari Province, Chile.
- The theme for world Heritage Day 2020 is “Shared Culture, Shared Heritage and Shared Responsibility”, when was World Heritage Day celebrated annually?
1) March 29
2) April 7
3) May 3
4) April 18
5) April 23
Answer-4) April 18
World Heritage Day, which is also known as the International Day for Monuments and Sites is an annual event which is celebrated every year on April 18, to promote awareness about the diversity of cultural heritage of humanity, their vulnerability and the efforts required for their protection and conservation. Theme for the year 2020: Shared Culture, Shared Heritage and Shared Responsibility.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- The Matterhorn mountain was located in which country?
Switzerland has expressed solidarity with India in its fight against the coronavirus pandemic by projecting the tricolour on the famous Matterhorn mountain in the Swiss Alps to give “hope and strength” to all Indians.
- Name the country which has become the 1st‘Dark Sky Place’ by International Dark-Sky Association?
Niue has become the world’s first whole country recognised as a ‘Dark Sky Place’ by the International Dark-Sky Association’s (IDA), which has approved the island’s application for the protection of its sky, land and sea.
- Name the person who discovered 1st human coronavirus.
June Almeida, a Scottish virologist, is credited with discovering the first human coronavirus in 1964 — a family whose members include the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus at the centre of the current Covid-19 pandemic.
- What is the capital and currency of South Korea?
Answer-capital – Seoul & currency – Won
- What is the capital and currency of Chile?
Answer-capital – Santiago & currency – Peso
- Sariska tiger reserve is in which Indian state?
- Who is the present chairman of DRDO?
[su_button url=”https://affairscloud.com/current-affairs/current-affairs-april-2020/” target=”self” style=”default” background=”#2D89EF” color=”#FFFFFF” size=”5″ wide=”no” center=”no” radius=”auto” icon=”” icon_color=”#FFFFFF” text_shadow=”none” desc=”” download=”” onclick=”” rel=”” title=”” id=”” class=””]Click Here to Try April Current Affairs 2020 Quiz[/su_button]