AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 18 June 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- India extended financial aid of Rs. 2.33 Cr to construct sanitation facility in Pashupatinath temple located in which country?
5) Sri Lanka
India has extended its financial aid by NR (Nepalese rupee) 37.23 million for the construction of the sanitation facility for the pilgrims at the Pashupatinath Temple in Kathmandu, Nepal. With this the total outlay of the project reaches Rs 2.33 crore which will be constructed under the Nepal-Bharat Maitri: Development Partnership as a high impact community development scheme by India.
- Sports ministry planned to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence (KISCE) under the Khelo India Scheme to enhance India’s performance in Olympics. Who is the present Youth Affairs & Sports minister?
1) Santosh Kumar Gangwar
3) Rao Inderjit Singh
4) Raj Kumar Singh
5) Shripad Yesso Naik
Answer-2) Kiren Rijiju
The Sports Ministry prepared to establish Khelo India State Centres of Excellence(KISCE) under the Khelo India Scheme and identified 8 state owned sports facilities to upgrade as KISCE. Kiren Rijiju is the present Youth affairs & Sports minister.
- Andhra Pradesh’s (AP) finance minister has presented the state budget for Rs 2.24 lakh crore for the FY 20-21 recently. Who is the governor of AP?
1) Banwarilal Purohit
2) Ramesh Bais
4) Anandiben Patel
Finance Minister of Andhra Pradesh (AP) BugganaRajendranath presented the AP state budget for Rs 2.24 lakh crore for the FY20-21. With this, AP became the first Indian state to convene its Legislative Assembly and Council which will adopt a budget for FY21 amid the Covid-19 pandemic. Apart from this, AP Governor BiswabhusanHarichandan addressed the Assembly through video conference, which is also another first for the country.
- The Serum Institute of India has signed agreement with UNICEF & GAVI to supply Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine (PCV) to low income countries. Where is SII located?
5) New Delhi
The Pune based Serum Institute of India(SII), leading manufacturer of immunobiological drugs and vaccines signs a new supply agreement with United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and Vaccine alliance Gavi’s procurement partner to supply Pneumococcal Conjugate Vaccine(PCV) to low income countries all over the world.
- India has joined an initiative namely Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) recently as a founding member. GPAI will be supported by Secretariat, to be hosted by which organisation?
1) World Trade Organization (WTO)
2) World Health Organization (WHO)
3) United Nations Organization (UNO)
4) Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
5) International Labour Organization (ILO)
Answer-4) Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD)
India has joined the first-of-its-type initiative namely Global Partnership on Artificial Intelligence (GPAI) as a founding member to support responsible and human-centric development and use of Artificial Intelligence (AI). With this, India became the 15th founding member of GPAI which also include the United States (US), the United Kingdom (UK), European Union (EU), Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, New Zealand, Republic of Korea, Slovenia, and Singapore for launch of GPAI. GPAI will be supported by a Secretariat, to be hosted by Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD) in Paris, France as well as by two Centers of Expertise- one each in Montreal, Canada and Paris.
- How many people fell into acute food insecurity (approx) since February 2020 as per Rome based FAO report?
1) 20 million
2) 55 million
3) 40 million
4) 45 million
5) 30 million
Answer-4) 45 million
According to the report titled “Policy Brief: The Impact of COVID-19 on Food Security and Nutrition” released by Italy based Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), around 45 million people were fall into acute food insecurity since February 2020 due to of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, of which a majority of 33 million people reside in South and Southeast Asia, and most of the remainder in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Name the unmanned submersible of China which has dived to the world’s deepest ocean point.
2) Dong Fang-1
China’s unmanned submersible named ‘Haidou-1’ has dived to a depth of 10,907 metres at the world’s deepest ocean point in pacific-ocean, setting a new record for the country during which samples from the deep sea and high-definition images of the geological environment were collected.
- The 1st ever distribution of assistive aids & devices to divyangjan held through virtual platform under ADIP Scheme recently. The ADIP scheme is initiative of which ministry?
1) Ministry of Home Affairs
2) Ministry of Health and Family Affairs
3) Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment
4) Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
5) Ministry of Panchayat Raj
Answer-3) Ministry of Social justice and Empowerment
In this endeavor adopting all the preventive measures, a Virtual ADIP Camp for free distribution of assistive aids and devices at Block level for Divyangjans under the Assistance to Disabled persons for purchasing / fitting of aids / appliances (ADIP) scheme of Government of India was organized at Talwandi Bhai Block of Firozpur District in Punjab today. This is the first camp being organized by the ALIMCO under DEPwD, M/o Social Justice and Empowerment under the ADIP Scheme of the Government of India after opening of lockdown with the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) approved by the Government of India.ADIP Scheme is one of the majorinitiativeof the Ministry of Social Justice &. Empowerment, Govt. of India.
- Which bank has approved to provide 2nd loan of $750 million to India under COVID-19 Crisis Recovery Facility (CRF)?
1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
2) New Development Bank (NDB)
3) Asian Development Bank (ADB)
4) World Bank (WB)
5) None of these
Answer-1) Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)
Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank(AIIB) approved a 2nd loan of USD 750 million to India under the bank’s USD 10 billion COVID-19 Crisis Recovery Facility(CRF); this loan is co-financed by the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to assist India to fight against COVID-19 & its impact on poor. The loan aims to strengthen India’s economic aid for businesses, expand social safety nets for the needy & the health care systems.
- Name the Insurance company which has collaborated with tech firm TropoGo Limited to launch India’s 1st ‘Pay as you Fly’ insurance for drone-owners.
1) Reliance General Insurance Co. Ltd.
2) L&T General Insurance Co. Ltd.
3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
4) Future Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd.
5) Tata AIG General Insurance Co. Ltd.
Answer-3) HDFC ERGO General Insurance Co. Ltd.
HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company, the country’s third-largest non-life insurance provider has joined hands with UK based tech firm TropoGo Limited to launch India’s 1st ‘Pay as you Fly’ insurance for drone-owners in India.
- Who headed the panel formed by SEBI to suggest measures to strengthen enforcement of SEBI?
1) Amit Kumar
2) Anil Dave
3) TN Manoharan
4) KD Mishra
5) Tapan Roy
Answer-2) Anil Dave
In order to strengthen the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBIs) enforcement mechanism and also to improve its system of recovery of siphoned off money, the SEBI committee headed by former Supreme Court Judge Anil Dave has proposed a method of quantification of profit made by the defaulter and loss caused to investors in a 424-page exhaustive report.
- NABARD has made its maiden investment in Mumbai-based rural fintech startup Jai Kisan recently. Where is the HQ of NABARD located?
NABVENTURES Fund I, the investment arm of Mumbai based NABARD, has made its maiden investment in Mumbai-based rural fintech startup Jai Kisan as part of a ₹30 crore funding round.
- Which company has signed Climate pledge(initiative Amazon and Global Optimism) to become Net-Zero carbon by 2040?
Infosys partnered with Amazon and Global Optimism and signed the Climate Pledge, an initiative by Jeff Bezos, founder of Amazon and Christiana Figueres, founder of Global Optimism and former United Nations Climate chief to become net-zero carbon by 2040, ten years ahead of the Paris Agreement.
- Find the Indian start-ups which were part of the List of Technology Pioneers of 2020, released by the World Economic Forum (WEF)?
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) Both 1) and 3)
Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
Two Indian startupsStellapps and Zestmoney were featured in the List of Technology Pioneers of 2020, released by the World Economic Forum(WEF) which consist of pioneers addressing the global issues with advanced technologies.
- Name the BCCI’s 1st ombudsman who has got 1-year extension as ethics officer and Ombudsman.
1) PK Mishra
2) VK Singh
3) Tarun Vijay
4) RS Chaudhary
5) DK Jain
Answer-5) DK Jain
The tenure of former supreme court judge DK Jain as the ethics officer and ombudsman of Board of Control for Cricket in India(BCCI) got a 1year extension in June 2020 due to the current covid-19 situation. He was the first-ever ombudsman of BCCI appointed by the supreme court in February 2019.
- What is India’s rank in largest recipient of FDI in 2019 as per “World Investment Report 2020” released by UNCTAD (US topped)?
In accordance with the “World Investment Report 2020” by United Nation’s (UN) trade body, the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), India has become the 9th largest recipient of foreign direct investment (FDI) in 2019 after receiving $51 billion last year.
Rank Country Amount 1 United States (US) 246 bn 2 China 141 bn 3 Singapore 92 bn 9 India 51 bn
- Which country ranked top in World Competitiveness Index 2020 prepared by International Institute for Management and Development (IMD) (India – 43rd)?
According to the World Competitiveness Index 2020, which ranked performance of 63 economies across the globe, prepared by Switzerland-based International Institute for Management and Development (IMD)’s World Competitiveness Center (WCC), the Indian economy remained at 43rd position this year.
Rank Country Name 43rd India 1 Singapore 2 Denmark 3 Switzerland
- Which zone of Indian Railways has installed an Automated Ticket Checking & Managing Access (ATMA) machine recently in Nagpur station?
1) Northern Zone
2) Southern Zone
3) Eastern Zone
4) Central Zone
5) Western Zone
Answer-4) Central Zone
Indian Railways’ Central Railway zone has installed an Automated Ticket Checking & Managing Access(ATMA) machine, 1st of its kind at Nagpur station. The machine has been introduced at the station under the New, Innovative Non-Fare Revenue Ideas Scheme(NINFRIS) policy to prevent transmission of COVID-19.
- The 4th edition of Asian youth para games is going to be held in which country in December 2021?
The Asian Paralympic Committee(APC) announced that the 4th Asian Youth Para Games will take place in Bahrain from December(1-10) 2021. The event will be organised in partnership with the National Paralympic Committee(NPC) of Bahrain with the support of the local government.
- Who authored the book titled ‘Klara and the Sun’?
1) Kazuo Ishiguro
2) Bob Dylan
3) Alice Munro
4) Peter Handke
5) Olga Tokerczuk
Answer-1) Kazuo Ishiguro
Nobel Prize winner(2017) Kazuo Ishiguro(Japan born british author) will release his new novel ‘Klara and the Sun’ & will be published by Faber & Faber in the United Kingdom, Alfred A. Knopf in the United States and Knopf in Canada on March 2, 2021. This is the first novel by him since he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature.
- Raj Mohan Vohra who passed away in June 2020 is a renowned _______.
2) Army Personnel
Answer-2) Army Personnel
MahaVir Chakra(MVC) awardee, Lieutenant general (Lt Gen) Raj Mohan Vohra passed away at 88 due to COVID-19. He was born in 1932 in Shimla.He received the MVC in 1972 for his role in the Battle of Basantar(Part of 1971 India-Pakistan war). He also received the Param VishishtSeva Medal.
- Achyut Kashinath Sinai Usgaonkar who is in news in June 2020 is a renowned ______.
2) Sand Artist
Former Goa, Daman & Diu Cabinet Minister Achyut Kashinath Sinai Usgaonkar, passed away at 92 in the Goa Medical College and Hospital (located near Panaji) due to age-related ailments.
- When was the World day to combat desertification and drought observed annually?
1) June 20
2) June 18
3) June 17
4) June 21
5) June 19
Answer-3) June 17
June 17th of every year since 1995 is observed as the World day to combat desertification and drought to educate the general public on the international efforts to fight against desertification and to promote the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification’s (UNCCDs) motto “Healthy land = Healthy people”. The theme of World day to combat desertification and drought 2020 is “Food. Feed. Fibre. – the link between consumption and land”.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- IM Vijayan who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
The All India Football Federation (AIFF) has recommended former India captain IM Vijayan for Padma Shri, the country’s fourth highest civilian award. The 51-year-old former striker, who scored 40 goals in 79 matches for India since making his debut in early 90s, won the Arjuna award in 2003.
- Grand Anicut dam is located in which state?
2) Tamil Nadu
3) Andhra Pradesh
Answer-2) Tamil Nadu
The Grand Anicut Dam, on the Cauvery river, near Trichy, was formally declared open by Tamilnadu to ensure adequate availability of water for mitigating close to three and a half lakh hectares of farm land in the Delta region.
- Christian Coleman who is in news recently is associated with which sport event?
1) Shot Put
4) 100m running
5) Javelin Throw
Answer-4) 100m running
Reigning world 100 meters champion Christian Coleman is facing a two-year suspension after revealing he missed a drugs test.
- Where is the HQ of OECD located?
Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) HQ is located at Paris, France.
- The HQ of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank(AIIB) located at?
3) New Delhi
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank headquartered at Beijing, China.