AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 16 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Name the Ministry that recently (in July’21) signed an MoU with the Department of Biotechnology for improving research on Polar Microbes
1) Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare
2) Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers
3) Ministry of Earth Sciences
4) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
5) Ministry of Jal ShaktiAnswer-3) Ministry of Earth Sciences
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT) & Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) have signed an MoU for mutual collaboration in the field of Polar Biology. 2 entities will be collaborating on biotechnological applications of polar microbes.
- Identify the points that are correctly related to the recent (in July’21) Cabinet Approvals:
A) A 6-month term extension is given to the Commission that examines on Sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
B) Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) for Developing Judicial Infrastructure is extended for 5 years at a total cost of Rs 9000 crores
C) North Eastern Institute of Folk Medicine (NEIFM) will be renamed as North Eastern Institute of Unani & Folk Medicine Development (NEIUFMD)
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & B
3) Only B & C
4) Only A & C
5) Only BAnswer-2) Only A & B
In July 2021, the Union Cabinet gave approval to the following:
i.11th Term Extension to the Commission constituted under Article 340 of the Constitution to examine the issue of Sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in the Central List by 6 months beyond 31st July 2021 and upto 31st January 2022.
ii.The Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) for Development of Infrastructure Facilities for Judiciary has been extended for 5 years from April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2026 at a total cost of INR 9000 crore
iii.The nomenclature & mandate of North Eastern Institute of Folk Medicine (NEIFM) has been changed as North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Folk Medicine Research (NEIAFMR).
- In July 2021, the Union Cabinet gave approval for increasing the Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees to ___________ from the existing _______ of the Basic Pay.
1) 32%; 28%
2) 32%; 17%
3) 17%; 11%
4) 28%; 17%
5) 28%; 11%Answer-4) 28%; 17%
The cabinet has approved the increase of Dearness Allowance (DA) to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief (DR) to Pensions to 28%, which is an increase of 11% compared to existing rate of 17% of the Basic Pay/Pension.
- Where was India’s 1st Grain ATM or ‘Automated, Multi Commodity, Grain Dispensing Machine’ installed?
1) Gurugram, Haryana
2) Noida, Uttar Pradesh
4) Indore, Madhya Pradesh
5) New DelhiAnswer-1) Gurugram, Haryana
India’s 1st Grain ATM called ‘Automated, Multi Commodity, Grain Dispensing Machine’ has been installed in Farrukhnagar, Gurugram district, Haryana. It has been set up as part of a pilot project under the ‘World Food Programme’ to bring more transparency to the Public Distribution system.
i.The machine which works like Bank ATMs can dispense approximately 70 kg of grains in 5-7 minutes’.
- Identify the state government that annually celebrates ‘Asha Bonalu’ – a traditional folk festival.
2) West Bengal
5) OdishaAnswer-3) Telangana
The state of Telangana commenced its annual month-long festival ‘Asha Bonalu’ on July 11, 2021 at Golconda Fort in Hyderabad.
i.It is the state festival of Telangana & one of the biggest traditional folk festival in India
- In July 2021, a Government Boys High School from _____________ became the 1st Government school in India to develop a satellite
3) New Delhi
5) KeralaAnswer-4) Karnataka
Government Boys High School in Stone Building College in Malleshwaram, Karnataka becomes the 1st government school in India to develop a satellite. The satellite was developed with technical inputs from experts of Indian Technological Congress Association (ITCA) and ISRO.
- What is the focus area of ‘Healthcare Innovation Challenge (HIC) 2.0’ that was launched by NASSCOM’s Centre of Excellence for IoT & AI?
1) MSME Sector
2) Finance Sector
3) Tourism & Hospitality Sector
4) Healthcare Sector
5) All the AboveAnswer-4) Healthcare Sector
NASSCOM’s Centre of Excellence (CoE) for ‘Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence’ (IoT & AI), launched Healthcare Innovation Challenge (HIC) 2.0 with a focus on the digital transformation of healthcare.
- Name the organisation that released the report – “Survey on National Education Responses to COVID-19 School Closures”
3) World Bank
5) All the AboveAnswer-5) All the Above
The report, “Survey on National Education Responses to COVID-19 School Closures” states that, Schools were or are still closed in 1 in 3 countries due to the Covid-19 pandemic have not yet implemented remedial programmes to mitigate learning loss.
i.The report was released jointly by 4 UN Organisations – UNESCO, UNICEF, World Bank & OECD.
- In July 2021, ISRO successfully conducted its 3rd Long duration Hot test of the Liquid propellant Vikas Engine. Name the ISRO mission where the engine will be deployed.
2) Mars Orbiter Mission
3) Mangalyaan 2
5) Aditya-L1Answer-1) Gaganyaan
ISRO successfully conducted the 3rd Long duration Hot test of the Liquid propellant Vikas Engine for the core L110 liquid stage of human rated GSLV MkIII vehicle, as part of the engine qualification requirement for the Gaganyaan Programme (India’s 1st Human Space flight programme).
i.The engine was tested for 240 seconds at the engine test facility of ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC), Mahendragiri, Tamil Nadu.
- Which bank partnered (in July’21) with the business accounting software – ‘BUSY’ to provide banking solutions to its users?
1) CSB Bank
2) ICICI Bank
3) HDFC Bank
4) Federal Bank
5) CitibankAnswer-2) ICICI Bank
A business accounting software BUSY has collaborated with ICICI Bank for banking solutions.
This integration will allow BUSY users to reconcile their bank statements automatically, do accounting, fetch bank details, make payments, etc.,
About ICICI Bank:
MD & CEO– Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline– Hum hai na, Khayal Apka