We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 16 July 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs July 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
We are Hiring – Subject Matter Expert | CA Video Creator | Content Developers(Pondicherry)
DBT, MoES sign MoU for Cooperation in Polar BiologyThe Department of Biotechnology (DBT) & Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for mutual collaboration in the field of Polar Biology (Biology of Polar regions).
- Under the agreement, both organizations will work under one roof and work jointly to address relevant questions in Polar Biology.
- The centre point of collaboration between the 2 entities will be the biotechnological applications of polar microbes.
- The MoU was signed by Renu Swarup, Secretary of DBT & Dr. Madhavan Nair Rajeevan, Secretary of MoES.
- Under the MoU, the two entities will collaborate in mutually agreed areas of research in POLAR sciences.
- The two entities will set up DBT-MoES Polar Research Center (Joint Laboratories) at MoES stations in Polar Regions to strengthen the collaboration and speed up the research.
- The Polar Region which includes the Antarctic, Arctic, Southern Ocean and Himalayas remains an unexplored system.
MoES’s 2021-26 Plan
MoES’s 2021-26 plan includes a weather forecasting programme for wind and solar energy sectors, in which weather plays a crucial role.
About Department of Biotechnology (DBT)
It comes under the Ministry of Science & Technology
Secretary – Renu Swarup
Head Office – New Delhi
About Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES)
Minister of State (Independent Charge) – Dr. Jitendra Singh (Udhampur – Jammu and Kashmir)
>>Read Full News
Cabinet Approvals on July 15, 2021After the Expansion & Reshuffling of Cabinet, Prime Minister Narendra Modi held the first high-level meeting with the new Union Cabinet. During the meeting, the cabinet granted approval to new initiatives.
- 11th extension of the term of the Commission constituted under Article 340 by 6 months up to 31st January 2022.
- Continuation of the Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) for Development of Infrastructure Facilities for Judiciary till March 31, 2026 at a total cost of INR 9000 crore.
- Increase in Dearness Allowance (DA) of Central Government employees & Dearness Relief (DR) for pensioners to 28%.
- INR 1,624 crore for promotion of flagging of merchant ships in India.
- Continuation of CSS National AYUSH Mission (NAM)
- Change of Nomenclature & Mandate of North Eastern Institute of Folk Medicine (NEIFM) as North Eastern Institute of Ayurveda & Folk Medicine Research (NEIAFMR)
- Extension of RoSCTL on Export of Apparel/Garments & Made-ups
- MoU between India and Denmark on Cooperation in Health and Medicine
- MoU between India and Russia on cooperation regarding Coking Coal, which is used for Steel making.
- Implementation of the Livestock sector package worth INR 54,618 crore to boost Livestock sector
India’s 1st ‘Grain ATM’ set up as Pilot Project in Gurugram, Haryana Haryana’s Minister for Food & Civil Supplies Department & Deputy Chief Minister Dushyant Chautala stated that India’s 1st Grain ATM called ‘Automated, Multi Commodity, Grain Dispensing Machine’ has been installed in Farrukhnagar, Gurugram district, Haryana. It has been set up as part of a pilot project under the ‘World Food Programme’ of the United Nations.
- The machine which works like Bank ATMs can dispense approximately 70 kg of grains in 5-7 minutes’ It will dispense the quantity of ration as allocated by the Haryana government per individual family in the respective food bag designated at the ATM machine.
- The machines are set to be installed at all ration depots across the state; they will address the complaints regarding the time and right measurement of ration quantity.
- It will bring in more transparency in the Public Food Distribution system.
- The machine works like a bank ATM, using it 3 types of grains – Wheat, Rice and Millet can be distributed.
The grain machine is equipped with Biometry and a touch screen, any error in the measurement of grain is negligible.
About World Food Programme
Executive Director – David Beasley
Head Office – Rome, Italy
Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar
Capital – Chandigarh
Governor – Bandaru Dattatreya
Annual Asha Bonalu Festival commenced in Telangana from July 11-August 8, 2021The state of Telangana commenced its annual month-long state festival ‘Asha Bonalu’ festival on July 11, 2021 at its Golconda Fort in Hyderabad. As part of the festivities, a procession will take place from the Langar Houz to Golconda.
- During this, Ministers of State Talasani Srinivas Yadav for Animal Husbandry, Fisheries and Cinematography of Telangana and Allola Indrakaran Reddy for Endowments, Law and Forest, Environment, Science and Technology presented the silk robes to the goddess on behalf of the state government.
- The festival will culminate on August 8, 2021.
The Telangana government has allocated close to Rs 90 crore for Bonalu celebrations. About Rs 15 crore has been allocated for developmental activities in all the Mahakali temples while the remaining Rs 75 crore has been allocated for arrangements.
i.It is one of the biggest traditional folk festivals.
ii.It was declared as a ‘state festival’ by the Kalvakuntla Chandrashekhar Rao-led government after the state’s formation in 2014.
iii.It was cancelled by the state government in 2020 amid Covid-19 pandemic. Now, this is the first festival being celebrated in Telangana after the lockdown has been lifted.
About Bonalu Festival:
i.During the festival, devotees offer the traditional ‘bonam’ (meaning meals) to the goddess Mahakali at 25 temples across the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. Bonam is rice cooked with milk and jiggery.
ii.The first of these offerings i.e. ‘golden bonam’ is offered to the Goddess Jagdamba at the temple in Hyderabad’s Golconda Fort at 12 noon.
iii.It is celebrated during the Hindu calendar month of ‘Ashada’ which falls in the month of July and August.
Government School in Karnataka – 1st in India to develop a Satellite
Government Boys High School in Stone Building College in Malleshwaram, Karnataka becomes the 1st government school in India to develop a satellite. The satellite was developed by the students with technical inputs from experts of Indian Technological Congress Association (ITCA) and ISRO. The school is set to take part in the programme where 75 satellites will be developed marking India’s 75th Independence Day.
NASSCOM CoE Launched HIC 2.0; Focus on Digital Transformation of Healthcare
In July 2021, the National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) Centre of Excellence (CoE) for ‘Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence’ (IoT & AI), launched Healthcare Innovation Challenge (HIC) 2.0 with a focus on the digital transformation of healthcare.
- The HIC 2.0 enable Hospitals to nominate Use Cases as per their digital solution needs.
- NASSCOM CoE was set up in July 2016 as part of the Digital India initiative of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) to aid innovative start-ups in emerging technologies.
- NASSCOM CoE-IoT has centres in Bengaluru (Karnataka), Gurugram (Haryana), Gandhinagar (Gujarat), and Visakhapatnam (Andhra Pradesh).
1 in 3 Countries not taking Remedial Measures for School Closures – UN ReportThe report, “Survey on National Education Responses to COVID-19 School Closures” states that, Schools were or are still closed in 1 in 3 countries due to the Covid-19 pandemic have not yet implemented remedial programmes to mitigate learning loss. At the same time, only 1/3rd of countries are taking steps to measure learning losses in primary and lower second levels, mostly among high-income countries .
i.The report was released jointly by 4 United Nations (UN) Organisations – UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), UN Children’s Fund (UNICEF), World Bank and Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
ii.Schools should be opened at the earliest to ease-out psychological displeasure faced among young childrens and minimize dropouts.
Executive Director – Henrietta H. Fore
Headquarters – New York, USA
Established – 1946
>>Read Full News
BANKING & FINANCE
IFSCA Constituted Expert Committee for Development of Longevity Finance Hub in GIFT IFSCOn July 14, 2021, The International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA), the regulator of GIFT- City (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City), constituted an expert committee to recommend the road map and approach towards the development of the ‘Longevity Finance Hub’ in GIFT International Financial Services Centre (IFSC).
- Objective: To serve the investment and wealth management needs of the ‘Silver Generation’ (People with age group 60 and above), comprising people aged 60 and above.
- The expert committee will be co-chaired by Kaku Nakhate, Bank of America, Country Head (India), and Gopalan Srinivasan, Ex-CMD, New India Assurance Company Ltd.
- As per the global estimates, currently, 1 billion people exist under the Silver Generation with a combined spending power of $15 trillion, and further expansion in the size of the Silver Generation is also expected.
About International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA):
Establishment – April 27, 2020, under IFSCA Act, 2019
Headquarters – GIFT City, Gandhinagar, Gujarat
Chairperson – Injeti Srinivas
>>Read Full News
BUSY Accounting Software tied-up with ICICI Bank for Banking Solutionsi.A business accounting software BUSY has collaborated with ICICI ((Industrial Credit and Investment Corporation of India) Bank for banking solutions.
ii.This integration will allow BUSY users to reconcile their bank statements automatically, do accounting, fetch bank details, make payments, etc., directly from the software. This will improve their business efficiencies.
BUSY Accounting Software:
Managing Director (MD)– Dinesh Kumar Gupta
Chairman– Harish Chander
About ICICI Bank:
Establishment– 1955 (Incorporated in 1994)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Managing Director (MD) & Chief Executive Officer (CEO)– Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline– Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
>>Read Full News
RBI Extended the Implementation Timeline of ATM Cassette Swap till March 2022The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has extended the implementation deadline for banks to use only lockable cassettes, which could be swapped at the time of cash replenishment (filling up cash) in ATMs (Automated Teller Machines) till March 2022.
i.In accordance with the recommendations of the Committee on Currency Movement (CCM) (under the chairmanship of D.K. Mohanty), in 2018, RBI had recommended banks to use lockable cassettes in their ATMs to overcome the risks involved in open cash replenishment/ top-up in ATMs.
ii.The implementation of the lockable cassettes was planned in a phased manner from 2018, i.e covering at least one-third of ATMs operated by the banks every year, such that all ATMs would achieve cassette swap by March 31, 2021.
iii.As various banks have not implemented the lockable cassettes in their entire ATMs within the timeline, RBI has extended it.
i.RBI has also directed banks to report status about the progress and course of correction at the end of every quarter to it.
ii.At the end of March 2021, Banks had 2.14 lakh ATMs and white label ATM operators had 25,000 ATMs across India.
iii.By the end of May 2021, there were 1,10,623 Onsite ATMs and 1,04,031 Offsite ATMs in India.
iv.ATM Cash Replenishment: It is the filling up of currency notes to the ATM, after the stock of notes in the machine is exhausted or has gone below the threshold level.
Note – From 2019, the central government has restricted the banks from making cash replenishment or cash transportation activities in ATMs after 9 pm in urban areas, and 6 pm in rural areas.
About Types of ATM:
i.White Label ATMs (WLAs): ATMs set up, owned and operated by non-banks (i.e NBFCs) are WLAs. Non-bank ATM operators are authorised under the Payment & Settlement Systems Act, 2007 by RBI.
ii.Green Label ATMs – ATMs for agricultural transactions.
iii.Orange label ATMs – ATMs used for share transactions.
iv.Pink Label ATMs – ATMs that are meant only for women (ease their banking).
v.Yellow Label ATMs – ATMs meant for E-commerce facility.
vi.Brown Label ATMs – ATMs that are outsourced by a bank to a third party (based on the concept of sharing the cost).
vii.Biometric ATM – These are ATMs that use security features like fingerprint scanner and eye scanner of the customer to access the bank details.
viii.Onsite ATMs – ATMs that are located inside the bank’s premises.
ix.Offsite ATMs– ATMs that are located in various places except inside the bank’s premises.
RBI Restricted Mastercard from Enrolling New customers from July 22, 2021On July 14, 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) restricted Mastercard Asia/Pacific Pte. Ltd. (Mastercard), the payment system operators from on-boarding new domestic customers (debit, credit or prepaid) onto their card networks from July 22, 2021, due to the non-compliance with the directions on Storage of Payment System Data.
- The restriction was imposed in exercise of powers vested in RBI under Section 17 of the Payment and Settlement Systems Act, 2007 (PSS Act)
- Mastercard is authorized to operate card networks in India under the PSS Act. Thus the current restrictions will not impact the existing customers.
RBI’s Regulations over Storage of payment system data:
In April 2018, RBI made the following regulation under PSS Act for the storage of payment system data to all the Payment System providers who are authorized/approved by the RBI to set up and operate a payment system in India.
- Directed to store all the data related to payment systems (full end-to-end transaction details/information collected/carried/processed as part of the message/payment instruction) within 6 months in a system only in India (within October 2018).
- Also required to submit a board-approved System Audit Report (SAR) conducted by a Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In) empanelled auditor (within December 2018).
Headquarters (Global) – New York, U.S.
Headquarters (India) – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO – Michael Miebach
RBI Cancels License of Dr Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar Urban Co-operative BankThe Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has cancelled the license of Dr Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar Urban Co-operative Bank Limited in Nilanga, Latur district of Maharashtra with effect from the close of business on 14th July 2021.
- Under Section 5(b) read with Section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, following the cancellation of the license, the bank is prohibited to conduct the business of ‘banking’ including the acceptance and repayment of deposits, with immediate effect.
- Commissioner for Cooperation and Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CC & RCS) Maharashtra, has been requested to issue an order for winding up the bank and appoint a liquidator for the bank.
Reason for the cancellation of license:
i.The bank does not have the required capital and earning prospects.
ii.The bank failed to comply with the requirements of sections 22(3) (a), 22 (3) (b), 22(3)(c), 22(3) (d) and 22(3)(e) read with section 56 of the Banking Regulation Act, 1949.
iii.With its current financial position, the bank will not be able to pay its depositors in full.
iv.The public interest will be affected, if the bank is allowed to continue its banking business.
About CC & RCS, Maharashtra:
Commissioner for Cooperation and Registrar of Cooperative Societies (CC & RCS), Maharashtra.
Commissioner for cooperation– Anil Kawade (IAS)
Headquarters– Pune, Maharashtra
IFC Invested $16.5 million in MedGenome for COVID-19 ResearchInternational Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, has invested $16.5 million (~Rs 123 crore) in MedGenome, a genetic diagnostics and research company, to increase the access to COVID-19 testing, support research (to better help understand the virus), and manage future outbreaks.
- The current investment is part of IFC’s $4 billion (~ Rs 29, 820 crore) Global Health Platform, which is providing finance to support the manufacturing and supply of vaccines, medical equipment, etc.
i.Objective of Investment: To help India to strengthen its healthcare systems, build resilience, and increase the level of recovery from COVID-19.
ii.With the investment, MedGenome will undertake tests directly at the communities that are most affected by COVID-19 and find genetic variants that might cause severe COVID-19 infection and post-COVID illness.
iii.MedGenome is also working on genetic sequencing with research laboratories that are affiliated with the government of India to help monitor the evolution of the COVID-19, identify new variants, and help develop effective treatments to contain it.
iv.Hence, the current investment will help expand MedGenome’s diagnostic services and boost genomic data from South Asian populations.
v.In April 2021, through its research, MedGenome identified gene variants that could influence people’s susceptibility to COVID-19.
About International Finance Corporation (IFC):
Establishment – 1956
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., United States
MD – Makhtar Diop
Establishment – 2013
Headquarters – Delaware, USA
Founder Chairman and Global CEO – Sam Santhosh
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
ISRO conducts 3rd Long Duration Hot Test of Vikas Engine for Gaganyaan ProgramIndian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) successfully conducted the 3rd Long duration Hot test of the Liquid propellant Vikas Engine for the core L110 liquid stage of human rated GSLV MkIII vehicle, as part of the engine qualification requirement for the Gaganyaan Programme (India’s 1st Human Space flight programme).
- The engine was tested for 240 seconds at the engine test facility of ISRO Propulsion Complex (IPRC), Mahendragiri, Tamil Nadu.
The INR 10, 000 Crore Gaganyaan Mission aims to send a 3-member crew to space for a period of 5-7 days by 2022-23 when India completes 75 years of Independence. GSLV MkIII is set to be used for the mission.
- 4 Indian astronaut-candidates have undergone generic space flight training in Russia as part of the programme.
- The Mission will make India just the 4th Nation to send a crew into space after Russia (1st), the USA & China.
- Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC) is responsible for the implementation of the ‘Gaganyaan Mission’. It functions under ISRO.
About Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
Chairman – Dr.K. Sivan
Headquarters – Bengaluru, Karnataka
About Human Space Flight Centre (HSFC)
Established – 2019
Director – Dr S Unnikrishnan Nair
Location – ISRO Headquarters Campus, Bengaluru, Karnataka
>>Read Full News
Haryana postpones ‘2021-Khelo India Youth Games’ to February 2022Haryana State government which is set to host the 4th edition of Khelo India Youth Games in November 2021, has postponed the event to February 2022. This comes after reviewing the situation of possible 3rd wave of COVID-19 in India, by the Organising-cum-Coordination Committee chaired by Haryana Chief Minister – Manohar Lal Khattar.
i.The event is planned to be held in 5 cities – 3 in Haryana (Panchkula, Shahbad, Ambala) & 2 Union Territories (Delhi & Chandigarh)
ii.A total of 25 Sporting events, including 5 indigenous games (Yoga, Gatka, Kalaripayattu, Thang-Ta and Mallakhamb) will be conducted for Under18 age group
- Mascot for 2021 – ‘Dhakad’
iii.Sport Minister Anurag Thakur, announced possibilities of conducting some events in Himachal Pradesh
iv.Decisions were also taken to conduct BRICS Games-2021 along side Khelo India
About Khelo India Youth Games:
i.National level multi-sporting event, that is conducted annually. The inaugural edition was conducted in 2018 at New Delhi.
ii.Events are conducted for 2 categories: Under-18 School Students & Under-21 College Students
Note – Maharashtra was the Champions of 2020-Khelo India Youth Games
Former Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain Passed AwayMamnoon Hussain, Former President of Pakistan and senior leader of Pakistan Muslim League Nawaz (PML-N) has passed away in Karachi, Pakistan. He was born in 1940 in Agra, British India and migrated to Pakistan during the 1947 partition.
About Mamnoon Hussain:
i.Mamnoon Hussain served as the 12th President of Pakistan from 2013 to 2018.
ii.In 1999, he was appointed as the governor of Sindh by then-President Rafiq Tarar, later he was removed from the post when the Government of then Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif was overthrown by then Pakistan Army Chief General Pervez Musharraf in a military coup d’état.
American Tennis Player & Grand Slam Winner Shirley Fry Irvin Passed AwayAmerican Tennis Player and Grand Slam winner Shirley Fry Irvin who was inducted in the International Tennis Hall of fame in 1970 has passed away in Naples, Florida, United States of America(USA). She was born on 30th June 1927 in Ohio, USA.
- She is one of the 10 women to win singles titles at all four major championships (championships of Australia, France, Britain (Wimbledon), and the United States).
About Shirley Fry Irvin:
i.Shirley Fry Irvin won her first Grand Slam title(singles) at the 1951 French Open against her doubles partner Doris Hart.
ii.She was ranked among the world’s top ten in 1946 and 1948 and from 1950 to 1956. She topped the ranking in 1956,iii.She came out of her retirement and represented the United States in the Wightman cup in 1956.
iv.She won Wimbledon and the U.S. Championships in 1956 and the Australian Championships in 1957 and retired for the final time.
v.She has also won 13 Grand Slam Doubles titles.
World Youth Skills Day 2021 – July 15 The United Nations(UN)’s World Youth Skills Day(WYSD) is annually observed across the globe on 15th July to highlight the importance of empowering the youths with skills for employment, decent work and entrepreneurship.
The day offers a platform for the young people, technical and vocational education and training (TVET) institutions, firms, employers’ and workers’ organizations, policymakers and development partners to discuss the importance of empowering youths.
- According to the YMCA, the World’s oldest and largest youth-focused movement, the theme of WYSD 2021 is “Reimagining Youth Skills Post-Pandemic”.
The United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) adopted the resolution A/RES/69/145 on 18th December 2014 and proclaimed the 15th July of every year as World Youth Skills Day(WYSD).
The first World Youth Skills Day was observed on 15th July 2015.
WYSD 2021 in India:
The WYSD 2021 also marks the 6th Anniversary of the launch of the Skill India Mission.
- Skill India Mission is an initiative of the Government of India launched in 2015 with a vision to create an empowered workforce by 2022.
About The UNESCO-UNEVOC:
The UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre for Technical and Vocational Education and Training is one of seven UNESCO institutes and centres working in the field of education.
Director– Soo-Hyang Choi
Head Person– Shyamal Majumdar
Headquarters– Bonn, Germany
>>Read Full News
National Plastic Surgery Day Adopted as World Plastic Surgery Day – 15th July The National Plastic Surgery Day, annually observed on 15th July in India has been adopted as the World Plastic Surgery Day by the leaders of Plastic surgery specialist bodies across the globe.
The announcement of the world Plastic Surgery day was made by the Association of Plastic Surgeons in India (APSI).
The 15th July 2021 will be observed as the first-ever World Plastic Surgery Day.
Starting from 2021, the 15th July of every year will be observed as World Plastic Surgery Day.
National Plastic Surgery Day:
The National Plastic Surgery Day has been annually observed across India on 15th July to create awareness about the importance of plastic surgery and educate the general people about the scope of Plastic and Reconstructive surgeons.
The idea of the celebration of National Plastic Surgery Day on 15th July was first launched by Dr S Raja Sabapathy, the President of the Association of Plastic Surgeons of India(APSI) in 2011.
The ‘National Plastic Surgery Day’ was first observed on 15th July 2011.
About Association of Plastic Surgeons in India (APSI):
Association of Plastic Surgeons in India (APSI) is a section of the Association of Surgeons of India(ASI).
President– Dr Rakesh K. Khazanchi
Inaugurated in 1957
>>Read Full News
NABARD & NCDC selected IFFCO Kisan Sanchar for setting up 17 FPOs in 6 districts of Gujarati.The NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) and NCDC (National Cooperative Development Corporation) have selected IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Ltd, an arm of Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) for setting up 17 Farmer Producer Organisation (FPOs) in Gujarat covering its 6 districts to cater various kinds of crops.
ii.A total of 5,000 farmers will be associated with these FPOs by the end of 2021 and more than 50,000 farmers by 2025.
About IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Limited:
It is a collaboration of Indian Farmers Fertilizer Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) with Bharti Airtel and Star Global Resources Ltd. It operates in four major verticals – smart agriculture solution provider; cattle feed business; agri tech; telecom and call centre services.
Managing Director– Sandeep Malhotra
Headquarter– New Delhi
>>Read Full News
Delhi Govt – Tie-up with Google to Provide Real-time Bus Tracking Service; Announced a Fellowship Programme On July 14, 2021, Delhi Transport Ministry in collaboration with Google launched a system to provide real-time information about all public buses of Delhi to the commuters (passengers).
- This would be executed by integrating Delhi’s public transit system onto the Google Maps
- The launch would enable commuters to track bus’s static and dynamic locations, arrival, departure, and delay times, bus stops, and routes of 3,000 buses on a real-time basis even through bus-number on their smartphones.
- As the facility is also available in the Hindi language, the users could change the language to Hindi by changing settings in Google Maps or within the device.
Delhi Govt Announced a Fellowship Programme – CMULF
The Delhi government announced a fellowship programme named ‘Chief Minister’s Urban Leaders Fellowship’ (CMULF) to recruit outstanding young professionals from across the country under the age of 35, who are passionate about public service and willing to work with the Delhi government for 2 years.
Google Maps is a web mapping platform and consumer application offered by Google in 2005.
Headquarters – California, United States
CEO – Sundar Pichai
>>Read Full News
J&K launches Horticulture Week for doubling Farmers IncomeOn 14th July 2021, Lieutenant Governor (LG) of Jammu & Kashmir(J&K), Manoj Sinha launched ‘Horticulture Week’ in-line with the Prime Minister’s vision of doubling farmers income by 2022. The Union Territory (UT) is also targeting to plant 25 lakh high-density plants in 2021 compared to 49,000 in 2019.
i.LG virtually laid the foundation stone for a 100 acre High Density Plantation nursery in Chak Roi, J&K. He also launched the mobile app – ‘Parvaz’ to link Jammu’s horticulture producers with the marketplace.
ii.As a part of the mission, 1.2 core Aloe Vera, 42 lakh Strawberry, 67,500 Olive are planted in Ramban & Doda Districts.
About Jammu & Kashmir:
Girish Chandra Murmu was the 1st Lieutenant Governor of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir
Shikara Festival is a traditional festival conducted on the Dal lake in Srinagar
Capital – Jammu (Winter), Srinagar (Summer)
Karnataka CM launches Electric Bike Taxi Scheme 2021 in BengaluruKarnataka Chief Minister B S Yediyurappa launched the ‘Electric Bike Taxi Scheme 2021’ which aims to improve the first and last-mile connectivity, reduce carbon emissions, and generate self-employment opportunities for the youth.
- The scheme will act as a bridge between public transport and daily travellers. It is an eco-friendly scheme and encourages fuel conservation.
- Under the scheme, For the 1st time, private players/individuals/firms/aggregators will be able to run electric bike taxis in cities across the state.
- It aims to reduce the travel time and inconvenience faced by the public to travel from their home to the bus stand, railway station and metro stations.
- Vehicles registered under the scheme will be kept under transport category and exempted from permits and tax.
i.The scheme states that the distance between the origin and destination for a trip shall not be more than 10 kms.
ii.The scheme is applicable only for the battery-operated electric motorcycles or electric bikes.
Governor – Thaawarchand Gehlot
Chief Minister – B S Yediyurappa
Click Here View – AC Excluded News 2021
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 16 July 2021|
|1||DBT, MoES sign MoU for Cooperation in Polar Biology|
|2||Cabinet Approvals on July 15, 2021|
|3||India’s 1st ‘Grain ATM’ set up as Pilot Project in Gurugram, Haryana|
|4||Annual Asha Bonalu Festival commenced in Telangana from July 11-August 8, 2021|
|5||Government School in Karnataka – 1st in India to develop a Satellite|
|6||NASSCOM CoE Launched HIC 2.0; Focus on Digital Transformation of Healthcare|
|7||1 in 3 Countries not taking Remedial Measures for School Closures – UN Report|
|8||IFSCA Constituted Expert Committee for Development of Longevity Finance Hub in GIFT IFSC|
|9||BUSY Accounting Software tied-up with ICICI Bank for Banking Solutions|
|10||RBI Extended the Implementation Timeline of ATM Cassette Swap till March 2022|
|11||RBI Restricted Mastercard from Enrolling New customers from July 22, 2021|
|12||RBI Cancels License of Dr Shivajirao Patil Nilangekar Urban Co-operative Bank|
|13||IFC Invested $16.5 million in MedGenome for COVID-19 Research|
|14||ISRO conducts 3rd Long Duration Hot Test of Vikas Engine for Gaganyaan Program|
|15||Haryana postpones ‘2021-Khelo India Youth Games’ to February 2022|
|16||Former Pakistan President Mamnoon Hussain Passed Away|
|17||American Tennis Player & Grand Slam Winner Shirley Fry Irvin Passed Away|
|18||World Youth Skills Day 2021 – July 15|
|19||National Plastic Surgery Day Adopted as World Plastic Surgery Day – 15th July|
|20||NABARB & NCDC selected IFFCO Kisan Sanchar for setting up 17 FPOs in 6 districts of Gujarat|
|21||Delhi Govt – Tie-up with Google to Provide Real-time Bus Tracking Service; Announced a Fellowship Programme|
|22||J&K launches Horticulture Week for doubling Farmers Income|
|23||Karnataka CM launches Electric Bike Taxi Scheme 2021 in Bengaluru|