AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 14 & 15 February 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Who launched India’s 1st diesel tractor converted Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) tractor, that was co-developed by Rawmatt Techno Solutions and Tomasetto Achille India?
1) Narendra Modi
2) Nitin Gadkari
3) Dharmendra Pradhan
4) Parshottam Rupala
5) Uddhav ThackerayAnswer-2) Nitin Gadkari
Union Minister Nitin Jairam Gadkari, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) launched India’s 1st diesel tractor converted Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) tractor which was co-developed by Maharashtra based Rawmatt Techno Solutions and Tomasetto Achille India as a pilot project. 5000 CBG (Compressed Bio Gas) plants will be set up under the SATAT (Sustainable Alternative Towards Affordable Transportation) programme. Stubble can be used as a raw material for producing Bio-CNG. Overall emissions are reduced by 70% as compared to Diesel.
- Which organisation partnered (in Feb’21) with ‘MapmyIndia’ to build an indigenous mapping & geospatial portal?
1) Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
2) Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST)
3) Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
4) Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS)
5) Indian Institute of Science (IISc)Answer-1) Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
On 11th February, 2021, Department of Space (DoS) & CE Info Systems Pvt Ltd (owned by MapmyIndia) entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). According to the agreement, Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) & MapmyIndia will partner to build an Indigenous, mapping portal and geospatial services which could become an alternative to GoogleMaps & GoogleEarth services. The entities will also build a holistic geospatial solution using ISRO’s earth observation datasets like ‘NavIC’, ‘VEDAS’ & ‘MOSDAC’ Geoportals.
- Where was 2021’s National Horticulture Fair conducted with the theme, “Horticulture: For start-up and stand-up India”?
1) Mumbai, Maharashtra
2) New Delhi
3) Kolkata, West Bengal
4) Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
5) Bangalore, KarnatakaAnswer-5) Bangalore, Karnataka
A five-days long National Horticulture Fair was held on February 8-12, 2021 at Bengaluru on the theme “Horticulture: For start-up and stand-up India”. It was organized by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR) in collaboration with, ICAR-ATARI, Bengaluru. IIHR signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with four private companies on commercialization of IIHR technologies. Scientists at the IIHR Bengaluru have developed leaf curl virus (LCV)-resistant chilli hybrids, first in India.
- The 1st ever Voluntary Guidelines on Food _________ and Nutrition, was launched during the 47th Session of UN’s Committee on World Food Security (CFS).
5) SharingAnswer-1) Systems
During the 47th Session of UN’s Committee on World Food Security (CFS) which took place virtually from February 8-11, 2021, members of the CFS endorsed the 1st Ever Voluntary Guidelines on Food Systems and Nutrition (VGFSyN). The guidelines aim to achieve the UN’s 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development & its Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). The Guidelines are intended to support the implementation of the UN Decade of Action on Nutrition (2016-2025).
- Which Small Finance Bank (SFB) partnered with Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Ltd (MSRDC) to launch India’s 1st FASTag powered ‘truck terminal’ in Maharashtra?
1) Ujjivan SFB
2) Equitas SFB
3) Fincare SFB
4) Janalakshmi SFB
5) Suryoday SFBAnswer-2) Equitas SFB
On February 12, 2021 Equitas Small Finance Bank Ltd (ESFBL) has partnered with Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation Limited (MSRDC) and Ocean Highway Facilities and Solutions Pvt Ltd. to launch India’s first FASTag powered truck terminal at Khalapur, Maharashtra on the Yashwantrao Chavan Mumbai – Pune Expressway. FASTag uses Radio-frequency Identification (RFID) technology to make toll payments directly from the prepaid account linked to it.
- Who recently (in Feb’21) became the MD & CEO of Tata Motors Ltd?
1) Marc Llistosella
2) Guenter Butschek
3) Natarajan Chandrasekaran
4) Rajesh Gopinathan
5) Cyrus MistryAnswer-1) Marc Llistosella
Tata Motors Ltd appointed Marc Llistosella as the Chief Executive Officer(CEO) and Managing Director(MD)of the company, effective from July 2021. He succeeds Guenter Butschek who served the position since February 15, 2016.He served as the President and CEO of Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation between 2015-2018 and Head of Daimler Trucks in Asia.
- When was the World Radio Day annually celebrated?
1) 14th February
2) 13th February
3) 12th February
4) 11th February
5) 10th FebruaryAnswer-2) 13th February
The United Nations World Radio Day (WRD) is annually observed across the globe on 13th February to celebrate radio as a part of the history of humanity. 2021 marks the 10th edition of World Radio Day(WRD) and more than 110 year of radio. The theme of the world radio day 2021 is “New World, New Radio”. The UNESCO marks World Radio Day 2021 with 3 sub themes – Evolution, Innovation, Connection. It is aimed at raising public awareness about the importance of Radio & encourage decision makers to use it to provide access to information.
- UAE’s ‘Hope’ Space Probe and _______’s ‘Tiwanwen-1’ Spacecraft entered into the Orbit of Mars in February 2021.
4) South Korea
5) ChinaAnswer-5) China
On February 10, 2021, Chinese Spacecraft ‘Tiwanwen-1’ entered the Mars Orbit. It became the World’s second one in two days after United Arab Emirates’ ‘Hope’ Space Probe entered the Mars Orbit on February 9, 2021. The Chinese Spacecraft will probe for signs of ancient life on Mars. USA’s National Aeronautics and Space Administration rover called ‘Perseverance’ is aiming for a landing on Mars on February 18, 2021.
- Which is the 1st Indian state to sign an MoU with UNEP for developing a framework to achieve climate resilience by 2040?
3) Tamil Nadu
5) BiharAnswer-5) Bihar
On February 12, 2021, Bihar State Pollution Control Board (BSPCB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) to develop a framework for achieving climate resilience & low-carbon development in the state by 2040. Bihar became the 1st Indian State to sign such an agreement. As part of the Agreement, UNEP will assist Bihar to prepare a GreenHouse Gas(GHG) Inventory & Carbon Footprint Analyses and develop Climate Impact Vulnerability Assessments.
- What was the theme of 2021’s International Epilepsy Day?
1) Epilepsy is more than seizures
2) Friendship and Inclusion
3) Putting Epilepsy in the Picture
4) Small Actions for Big Change
5) This is MeAnswer-1) Epilepsy is more than seizures
The International Epilepsy Day is annually observed across the globe on the second Monday of February. The day aims to create awareness about epilepsy and its treatment and the need to bring the treatment to all who need it. The International Epilepsy Day is a joint initiative of the International Bureau for Epilepsy (IBE) and the International League Against Epilepsy (ILAE). The theme of the International Epilepsy Day 2021 is “Epilepsy is more than seizures”. More than 50 million people across the globe have epilepsy, making it one of the most common neurological diseases across the globe.