AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 April 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- Which governmental body launched the 1st of its kind, Online Dispute Resolution(ODR) Handbook, for dispute resolution outside Court?
1) Parliament of India
2) Supreme Court of India
3) 15th Planning Commission
4) NITI Aayog
5) Union Cabinet
Answer-4) NITI Aayog
On 10th April 2021, Supreme Court Justice DY Chandrachud released the first of its kind Online Dispute Resolution(ODR) Handbook developed by NITI Aayog.
· ODR is a mechanism to resolve disputes collaboratively outside the court through mechanisms like negotiation, mediation, conciliation and arbitration.
About NITI Aayog:
National Institution for Transforming India (NITI Aayog), was formed on January 1, 2015.
Chairperson– Prime Minister
CEO– Amitabh Kant
- Identify the points that are correctly related to Ethanol-blending:
A) Ethanol-blending is the process of mixing Ethanol with Petrol to reduce vehicular pollution
B) Food Grains can be converted into ethanol
C) India targets to achieve 20% ethanol blending by 2030
1) All A, B & C
2) Only A & C
3) Only A & B
4) Only B & C
5) Only C
Answer-3) Only A & B
Ethanol-blending in Petrol in India has reached more than 7.2% for the 1st Time in 2020-21.
· India has set a target of 10% (10% of ethanol mixed with 90% of petrol) blending by 2022 & 20% blending by 2025.
· Sources of Ethanol – Sugarcane Juice, Molasses, Damaged Food Grains, Surplus rice with Food Corporation of India (FCI) can be converted into Ethanol.
· Mixing Ethanol with Petrol will reduce pollution, act as a value addition to the sugar industry & reduce India’s dependence on imported Crude Oil.
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman virtually participated in the 103rd Development Committee Meeting of World Bank-International Monetary Fund (IMF) 2021. Along with India, she was also the representative of __________
3) Sri Lanka
4) Only 1 & 3
5) All 1, 2 & 3
Answer-5) All 1, 2 & 3
Union Minister for Finance & Corporate Affairs Nirmala Sitharaman virtually participated in the 103rd Development Committee Meeting of World Bank-International Monetary Fund (IMF) 2021.
• Nirmala Sitharaman represented India, Bangladesh, Bhutan & Sri Lanka in the meeting.
Nirmala Sitharaman also virtually attended the Plenary Meeting of the International Monetary and Financial Committee (IMFC) of the Board of Governors of the IMF at the Virtual Spring Meetings 2021.
About World Bank:
President – David Malpass
Headquarters – Washington DC., USA
- Which country amended its Constitution based on a referendum to alter the terms of the country’s President?
Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a legislation which will enable him to run for two or more consecutive six-year terms, effectively permitting him to remain in office till 2036.
· The constitution was amended based on a referendum conducted in 2020.
· Previously, In Russia, the President can only serve for a maximum of 2 consecutive 6-years term.
- Which company launched India’s 1st Blockchain-based Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT) for auctioning digital assets?
WazirX, the Binance-owned cryptocurrency exchange has launched India’s 1st marketplaces for Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT), which will enable Indian artists and creators to auction their digital assets over the Blockchain-based platform and earn royalty.
NFTs are a class of cryptocurrency assets in which each item, or token A non-fungible token is a unit of data stored on a digital ledger, called a blockchain, that certifies a digital asset to be unique and therefore not interchangeable.
- Which payment bank launched a new savings account ‘Rewards123’ that offers benefits for customers for their digital transactions?
1) Paytm Payment Bank
2) Airtel Payment Bank
3) NSDL Payments Bank
4) Jio Payments Bank
5) Fino Payment Bank
Answer-2) Airtel Payment Bank
Airtel Payments Bank announced its new savings account ‘Rewards123’ which offers benefits and value to customers when they transact digitally using the bank account.
About Airtel Payments Bank:
India’s 1st licensed Payment Bank
Establishment – January 2017, by Bharti Airtel
Headquarters – New Delhi
- Which is India’s 1st TReDS platform to record Rs. 1000 crore monthly transactions by volume?
1) Receivables Exchange of India Ltd
3) M1 Exchange
4) e-PG Pathshala
5) A. Treds Ltd
Answer-1) Receivables Exchange of India Ltd
Receivables Exchange of India Ltd (RXIL), leading invoice discounting platform for MSMEs, has become the 1st TReDS Platform to record the highest monthly transaction volumes of Rs 1,000 crore in the month of March, 2021.
· Trade Receivables Discounting System (TReDS) is a digital platform where small businesses (MSMEs) can get access to capital by auctioning their trade receivables.
- In which country Larsen & Toubro will set-up the 1.5 Giga Watt Sudair Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Project?
2) South Korea
5) Saudi Arabia
Answer-5) Saudi Arabia
The Renewables arm of Larsen & Toubro’s Power Transmission & Distribution Business has bagged a Turnkey EPC (Engineering, Procurement & Construction) contract to set up Sudair Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Project of 1.5 Giga Watt (GW) in Riyadh Province of Saudi Arabia.
It will be the largest solar plant in Saudi Arabia with estimated cost between INR 5000-7000 Crore.
About Larsen & Toubro (L&T):
Chairman – Anil Manibhai Naik
CEO & MD – S. N. Subrahmanyan
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which Space agency is planning to launch the World’s 1st all-civilian Earth Orbiter Mission, “Inspiration4”?
2) European Space Agency
SpaceX announced the 4-member crew for the World’s 1st all-civilian Earth Orbiter Mission, “Inspiration4”. Chris Sembroski, Dr. Sian Proctor, Jared Isaacman and Hayley Arceneaux were the 1st batch of civilians aboard the Dragon spacecraft to be launched into orbit by SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket by September 15, 2021.
- Where was the 3,000-year old town ‘Rise of Aten’ or ‘Lost Golden City’ discovered?
A 3,000-year old town has been excavated in the city of Luxor, Egypt. The city formally named the ‘Rise of Aten’ (commonly called the ‘Lost Golden City’) dates back to the reign of 18th-dynasty King Amenhotep III, who ruled between 1391 and 1353 BCE. It is believed to be the largest ancient city ever uncovered in Egypt.