AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 12 November 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 –Click Here to Download the APP
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the initiatives taken by the Union Cabinet in November 2021?
A) Cabinet approved to annually observed November 15 was declared as the “Janjatiya Gaurav Divas” on the memory of Tribal Freedom Fighter – Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh
B) Cabinet restored the status of MPLADS funds till 2026 with a total allocation of Rs 5 crore per annum
C) Jute Packaging Material Act was reviewed to make use of Jute bags mandatory – 100% in food grains packaging & 20% in Sugar packaging for 2021-22
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only C
4) Only A & B
5) Only B & CAnswer-5) Only B & C
Narendra Modi declared November 15 as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas dedicated to the memory of brave tribal freedom fighter, Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
Other initiatives taken by the Cabinet:
• The CCEA approved the committed price support of Rs 17,408.85 crore to the Cotton Corporation of India (CCI) for 7 cotton seasons from 2014-15 to 2020-21.
• The Union Cabinet approved restoration and continuation of the Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) from FY 2020-21 to FY 2025-26.
- Which country became the 101st member country to join the International Solar Alliance (ISA) during COP26?
2) Saudi Arabia
5) QatarAnswer-3) USA
The USA has become the 101st member of the intergovernmental treaty-based International Solar Alliance (ISA).
About the United States:
Capital – Washington, D.C.
Currency – United States Dollar
President – Joe Biden
- What are the points that are correct with respect to the ‘Nutrition Smart Village’ program launched in November 2021?
A) It will be initiated to strengthen the Poshan Abhiyan and to promote nutritional awareness, education & behavioral change in rural areas.
B) The program aims to reach out to all villages across India through the network of All India Coordinated Research Project on Ergonomics and Safety in Agriculture (AICRP-ESA).
C) It was launched during an event organized by Indian Council of Agriculture Research (ICAR) in New Delhi.
1) Only A
2) Only B
3) Only A & B
4) Only A & C
5) All A, B & CAnswer-4) Only A & C
‘Nutrition Smart Village’ aims to reach out to 75 villages across India through the network of All India Coordinated Research Project on Women in Agriculture (AICRP-WIA).
• A total of 75 villages will be adopted by AICRP centers and ICAR-CIWA, for which the AICRP centers will adopt 5 villages each with the remaining to be adopted by ICAR-CIWA to develop 75 Nutri-Smart villages.
- With which Bank, Aadhar Housing Finance has entered into a co-lending agreement (in Nov’21) to offer home loans?
1) HDFC Bank
2) UCO Bank
3) IndusInd Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-2) UCO Bank
The UCO Bank signed a co-lending agreement with Aadhar Housing Finance to provide home loans at competitive rates to customers from the economically weaker sections, lower and middle-income groups.
About Aadhar Housing Finance:
Managing Director and CEO- Deo Shankar Tripathi
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Which Bank signed an MoU with the Army Insurance Group (in NOV ’21) to offer retail mortgage loans to the Indian Army personnel?
1) Axis Bank
2) HDFC Bank
3) ICICI Bank
4) UCO Bank
5) State Bank of IndiaAnswer- 1) Axis Bank
Axis Bank signed an MoU with the Army Insurance Group (AGI) to offer retail mortgage loans & provide facilities to transfer the balance of customers’ loans to the Indian Army personnel.
About Axis Bank:
MD & CEO– Amitabh Chaudhry
Headquarters- Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Who was recently (in Nov’21) appointed as the New Director General of the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB)?
1) Rakesh Asthana
2) Satya Narayan Pradhan
3) Monika Ashish Batra
4) Sachin Jain
5) Sanjay Kumar SinghAnswer-2) Satya Narayan Pradhan
The Committee of the Cabinet appointed Satya Narayan Pradhan as the DG of Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB). SN Pradhan was holding the additional charge as the DG of NCB in addition to the responsibilities as the DG of NDRF.
About Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB):
Director General– Satya Narayan Pradhan
Headquarters– New Delhi, Delhi
Established in March 1986
- Name the portal that was launched by the Civil Aviation Ministry (in Nov’21) to offer a Single Window platform for the Indian Aviation sector.
5) e-OGDAnswer-3) e-GCA
The Union Minister of Civil Aviation, Jyotiraditya Scindia launched ‘e-GCA’ or e-Governance in the Directorate General of Civil Aviation to offer a Single Window platform for the Indian Aviation sector thereby bringing efficiency and transparency in the network.
About Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA):
Director General- Arun Kumar
Headquarters– New Delhi
- Every year, National Education Day is observed across India ‘___________’.
1) 9th November
2) 5th November
3) 8th November
4) 11th November
5) 7th NovemberAnswer-4) 11th November
In India, the National Education Day is annually celebrated on 11th November to mark the 133rd birth anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first education minister of independent India. The day is celebrated for his contributions towards education and to create awareness in education.
- Name the scheme that was approved by the UP government (in Nov’21) to develop villages as per the Panchayati Raj Act, 1947.
1) Local Area Development Scheme
2) Mathrubhumi Yojana
3) Swachh Bharat
4) Indira Awaas Yojana
5) Shramik MitraAnswer-2) Mathrubhumi Yojana
UP CM, Yogi Adityanath has approved the proposal to implement the ‘Mathrubhumi Yojana’ to facilitate individuals or private institutions to contribute to the development of any village as per the Panchayati Raj Act, 1947.
About Uttar Pradesh(UP):
Governor– Anandiben Patel
Airport– Chaudhary Charan Singh International Airport; Moradabad Airport
RAMSAR Sites– Sandi Bird Sanctuary, Saman Bird Sanctuary
- Which state government launched Rakshak, a Road safety initiative (in Nov’21)?
2) West Bengal
4) Tamil Nadu
5) KeralaAnswer- 3) Odisha
Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik launched a road safety initiative “Rakshak”. It is the first state level programme in the country where 30,000 volunteers staying or working at the eateries & different business establishments located near accident prone spots will be trained as First Responders to road accidents.
Festival– Kalinga Mahotsav, Chandan Yatra or Gandhalepana Yatra
Stadium- DRIEMS Ground, Kalinga Stadium