AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 11 & 12 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- India Industrial Land Bank (IILB), a GIS based portal for all Industrial infrastructure-related information in India is set to achieve pan-India integration by December 2021, as per the data released by __________________________
1) Ministry of Heavy Industries
2) Ministry of Road Transport and Highways
3) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
4) Ministry of Finance
5) Ministry of Corporate Affairs
Answer-3) Ministry of Commerce and Industry
The Ministry of Commerce and Industry indicated that the India Industrial Land Bank (IILB) will achieve pan-India integration by December 2021.
i.IILB is a GIS (geographic information system) based portal that acts as a repository for industrial infrastructure-related information
ii.Union Minister of Commerce & Industries – Piyush Goyal
- Identify the country that recently (in July’21) revised its Rail Service Agreement with India to permit movement of cargo between the countries via a 3rd country port:
India & Nepal signed a Letter of Exchange (LoE) to revise the 2004 India-Nepal Rail Services Agreement (RSA). The revised agreement will facilitate the import and export of goods through the Indian railway freight services.
i.The revised pact permits all types of cargo train operators authorized by the Indian Railways to use the Indian Railway Network for carrying container and freight – between India & Nepal or via a 3rd country from Indian ports to Nepal.
- Which institution organised the 16th Annual Conference on “Road Development in India” that saw the participation of Road Transport Minister Nitin Gadkari?
1) India Infrastructure Publishing
2) Reliance Infrastructure
3) National Highways Authority of India
4) National Highways & Infrastructure Development Corporation
5) Hindustan Construction Company
Answer-1) India Infrastructure Publishing
In July 2021, Union Minister of Road Transport & Highways, Nitin Gadkari virtually participated in the 16th Annual Conference on “Road Development in India”, that was organised by India Infrastructure Publishing.
i.NHAI plans to construct 22 new expressways & economic corridors across by 2025, with an investment of around Rs 3 trillion
- In July 2021, Indian Army renamed one of its military firing ranges as “Vidya Balan Firing Range”. Where is the firing range located?
1) Teesta, West Bengal
2) Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir
3) Pokhran, Rajasthan
4) Babina, Madhya Pradesh
5) Leh, Ladakh
Answer-2) Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir
Indian Army named a military firing range in Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir as “Vidya Balan Firing Range”. This comes as a move to honour the veteran Bollywood actress Vidya Balan, who is the only actor (in 2021) to join the Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences, the governing body behind the Oscars.
- Where did Indian Navy’s INS Tabar conduct a maritime partnership exercise (in July’21) with Italian navy?
1) Mediterranean Sea
2) Arabian Sea
3) Tyrrhenian Sea
4) Indian Ocean
5) Baltic Sea
Answer-3) Tyrrhenian Sea
INS Tabar participated in a Maritime Partnership Exercise with ITS Antonio Marceglia, a frontline frigate of the Italian Navy, on 4- 5 July in the Tyrrhenian Sea.
i.India inaugurated an “Indian Army Memorial” at Cassino, Italy
- Which country agreed to provide Sustainable financial solutions to GIFT City – during its 1st Financial Markets Dialogue with India (in July’21)?
1) United Kingdom
Answer-1) United Kingdom
The 1st meeting of the United Kingdom (UK)-India Financial Markets Dialogue was held virtually to deepen bilateral ties in the financial sector.
i.On UK-India GIFT (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City) City Strategic Partnership, both sides agreed for further collaboration under this which will also include sustainable finance and FinTech.
- India’s proposal for establishing a Science, Technology & Innovation (STI)-led BRICS Innovation Cooperation Action Plan for _______________ was agreed by the member countries during the 12th BRICS S&T Steering Committee meeting host by ___________________________.
1) 2021-2030; Indian National Science Academy
2) 2021-2024; Department of Science & Technology
3) 2021-2030; Department of Science & Technology
4) 2021-2025; Indian National Science Academy
5) 2021-2025; Department of Science & Technology
Answer-2) 2021-2024; Department of Science & Technology
The 12th meeting of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) S&T (Science & Technology) Steering Committee was hosted by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), India.
i.Member countries agreed to India’s proposal to establish a Science, Technology and Innovation (STI)-led BRICS Innovation Cooperation Action Plan for 2021-24.
- In July 2021, RBI issued Rs 14,000 crore worth __________ Government Security at an interest rate of __________.
1) 15 year; 7.18%
2) 10 year; 5.85%
3) 10 year; 7.18%
4) 15 year; 6.10%
5) 10 year; 6.10%
Answer-5) 10 year; 6.10%
RBI issued the new 10-year Government Security (G-Sec) (that would mature in 2031), at a cut-off yield of 6.10% per annum.
i.RBI sold 3 auctions such as New 10-year G-Sec 2031 at 6.10% (for Rs 14,000 crore), 2023 G-Sec at 4.3% (Rs 3,000 crore), & 2061 G-Sec at 7.18% (for Rs 9,000 crore).
- In July 2021, the Finance Ministry amended the LIC Act 1956 to replace the post of ___________ with _________.
1) MD; CEO
2) CEO; Chairman
3) Chairman; MD
4) Chairman; CEO
5) CEO; MD
Answer-4) Chairman; CEO
The Ministry of Finance, removed the position of Chairman from the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) and replaced the post with Chief Executive Officer (CEO), by making amendments over the LIC Act 1956.
i.LIC will continue with the post of Managing Directors.
- ______________ became the 1st Indian Jury to officiate in Olympic Games, where he will act as a Jury for ______________ in the Tokyo Olympics
1) Pullela Gopichand; Hockey
2) Pawan Singh; Hockey
3) Pullela Gopichand; Badminton
4) Pawan Singh; Badminton
5) Pawan Singh; Shooting
Answer-5) Pawan Singh; Shooting
Pawan Singh, Joint Secretary-General of the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI), has become the 1st ever Indian juror to be selected to officiate an Olympics Games. The International Shooting Sports Federation (ISSF) has selected Pawan Singh as a juror to officiate at the upcoming Tokyo Olympic Games in shooting sports.