AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 13 July 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- In July 2021, Baidyanath Ayurvedic Group set-up India’s 1st Private LNG plant. Where is the plant located?
1) Nagpur, Maharashtra
2) Chennai, Tamil Nadu
3) Ongole, Andhra Pradesh
4) Dispur, Assam
5) Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh
Answer-1) Nagpur, Maharashtra
Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways Nitin Gadkari inaugurated India’s 1st Private LNG (Liquefied Natural Gas) Facility plant at Nagpur, Maharashtra. The Plant has been set up by Baidyanath Ayurvedic Group.
i.India has advanced the target for 20% ethanol blending in petrol (also called E20) to 2025 from 2030.
- Name the country that participated with India (in July’21) in its 21st session of Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC):
The 21st Session of India-Italy Joint Commission for Economic Cooperation (JCEC) held virtually in July 2021 and it was Co-chaired by Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, and Luigi Di Maio, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Italy.
- In July 2021, India’s _____________ was allotted a contract for implementing the 679 MW Lower Arun Hydro Electric Project in __________ for a period of 25 years.
1) Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam; Bangladesh
2) THDC India Limited; Bangladesh
3) Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam; Nepal
4) THDC India Limited; Nepal
5) THDC India Limited; Afghanistan
Answer-3) Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam; Nepal
Investment Board of Nepal (IBN) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the India’s State-owned hydropower major ‘Satluj Jal Vidyut Nigam Ltd’ (SJVN) for the implementation of 679 Megawatt (MW) Lower Arun Hydro Electric Project in eastern Nepal at the cost of US$1.3 billion.
i.It has been allocated to SJVN for 25 years on ‘Build, Own, Operate, Transfer’ (BOOT) basis.
- Identify the Organisation that recently (in July’21) made its largest ever allocation of USD 650 billion under Special Drawing Rights to protect economically weaker nations from COVID-19:
1) World Bank
2) International Monetary Fund
3) Asian Development Bank
4) New Development Bank
5) European Investment Bank
Answer-2) International Monetary Fund
In July 2021, the executive board of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) approved the Special Drawing Rights (SDRs) allocation equivalent to USD 650 billion, to support the economically vulnerable member nations’ battle against COVID-19.
It is the largest allocation in the IMF’s history
Establishment – 1944
Headquarters – Washington, D.C., USA
MD – Kristalina Georgieva
- In July 2021, Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd (KPTL) received a loan of USD 35.26 million from ____________ to execute a power transmission project in ____________.
1) Exim Bank; Senegal
2) SIDBI; Mozambique
3) SIDBI; Madagascar
4) Exim Bank; Mozambique
5) SIDBI; Senegal
Answer-1) Exim Bank; Senegal
The Export-Import (Exim) Bank of India has extended a USD 35.26 million loan for Mumbai based Kalpataru Power Transmission Ltd (KPTL) to execute a power transmission project in Senegal.
About Exim Bank:
Establishment – March 1982
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
CEO – David Rasquinha
- In July 2021, ____________________ became the 3rd Indian origin woman to be in Space, when she took part in the “Unity 22” trial mission of ________________
1) Sunita Williams; SpaceX
2) Sirisha Bandla; Blue Origin
3) Sunita Williams; Virgin Galactic
4) Sirisha Bandla; SpaceX
5) Sirisha Bandla; Virgin Galactic
Answer-5) Sirisha Bandla; Virgin Galactic
Virgin Galactic announced a 6-member crew of its human commercial space mission “Unity 22”. The crew includes Richard Branson – the founder of Virgin Galactic as one of its passengers.
Indian origin Sirisha Bandla took part in the Virgin Galactic’s 1.5-hour trail space mission in July, to become the 3rd Indian Origin woman to be in space (after Kalpana Chawla and Sunita Williams).
- What are the points that are correctly related to the 2021 Copa America tournament?
A) Uruguay under the captaincy of Neymar won the 2021 Copa America, which was hosted by Argentina
B) Lionel Messi was awarded both top awards – Golden Boot & Golden Ball award
C) Argentina’s Emiliano Martinez was awarded the Golden Glove for the tournament
1) Only A & B
2) Only C
3) Only B & C
4) Only B
5) Only A & C
Answer-4) Only B
Argentina won the 2021’s Copa America football tournament against Brazil in the finals on a 1-0 victory. The 2021 Copa America tournament was hosted by Brazil and the finals took place at Maracana stadium in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
i.Argentina under the Captaincy of Lionel Messi won the 1st title for the country after a gap of 28 years.
Golden Boot (Top Scorer) Award – Lionel Messi
Golden Ball (Best Player) Award – Lionel Messi (4 Goals & 5 assist in 6-Matches)
Golden Glove (Best Goalkeeper) Award – Emiliano Martinez (Argentina)
- How many digits are there in the Mobile Money Identifier (MMID)?
Mobile Money Identifier (MMID) is a 7-digit number, issued by banks for effecting financial transactions through the user’s mobile phone. The user mobile number MMID’s are uniquely linked with his bank account number, and is one of the key inputs to facilitate fund transfer.
- Is the formation of Cooperative Societies Constitutionally accepted in India?
1) Yes, Under Article 36 of DPSP
2) No Constitutional provisions – Only accepted through Industrial law
3) Yes, it is a Fundamental Right under Article 19
4) Yes, it comes as a Special provision under Article 332
5) No Constitutional provisions & legally invalid
Answer-3) Yes, it is a Fundamental Right under Article 19
The 97th amendment of the Indian Constitution has made the ‘Formation of Cooperative Societies’ as a Fundamental Right under Article 19.
- What does ‘T’ stand for in “NISHTHA”- an initiative by the Indian Government?
NISHTHA – “National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement” is a capacity building programme for “Improving Quality of School Education through Integrated Teacher Training”. It aims to build competencies among all the teachers and school principals at the elementary stage. It is the World’s largest Teacher Training Programme.