AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 10 June 2021 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2021 updates.
Remaining questions are available in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Crack Current Affairs 2021 – Click Here to Download the APP
- ____________ partnered with NITI Aayog to launch ‘Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaanin’ in _______ Aspirational Districts to provide home-care support to COVID-19 patients.
1) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; 101
2) Piramal Foundation; 112
3) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; 223
4) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; 158
5) Piramal Foundation; 208
Answer-2) Piramal Foundation; 112
NITI Aayog and Piramal Foundation have launched ‘Surakshit Hum Surakshit Tum Abhiyaanin’ in 112 Aspirational Districts to help district administrations to provide home-care support to COVID-19 patients who are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms.
- Which organisation (in June’21) signed an MoU with CII-Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) to promote sustainable Green Building Architectural plannings in India?
1) Institute of Urban Designers India
2) Institute of Indian Interior Designers
3) Indian Institute of Architects
4) Council of Architecture
5) Indian Society of Landscape Architects
Answer-3) Indian Institute of Architects
Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) – Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) signed an MoU with the Indian Institute of Architects (IIA) to strengthen the Green Building Movement and to promote sustainable development in the field of Architectural Design and planning.
About Indian Green Building Council (IGBC):
Formed in 2001
Headquarters– Hyderabad, Telangana
- In June 2021, the Central government extended its free distribution of food grains under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana as Covid-19 relief till ___________ which provides ____________ per month.
1) August 2021; 5kg per family
2) November 2021; 5kg per person
3) August 2021; 5kg per person
4) August 2021; 15kg per family
5) November 2021; 15kg per family
Answer-2) November 2021; 5kg per person
The Central Government has announced the extension of the Scheme to distribute Free of cost – Wheat & Rice Under Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) to around 80 Crore people till November 2021.
i.PMGKAY, the Central government is distributing 5 Kg free food grains per person per month to 80 Crore beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA).
- Which is the World’s Most Liveable City as per the Global Liveability Index 2021 released by the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU)?
1) London, UK
2) Osaka, Japan
3) Zurich, Switzerland
4) Adelaide, Australia
5) Auckland, New Zealand
Answer-5) Auckland, New Zealand
According to the Global Liveability Index 2021 released by the Economic Intelligence Unit (EIU), New Zealand’s Auckland has been named as the World’s Most Liveable City due to its ability to control the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
Osaka (Japan), and Adelaide (Australia) came 2nd and 3rd respectively.
- Which bank partnered (in June’21) with Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd & IIFL Home Finance Ltd towards co-lending housing loans under Priority Sector lending?
1) Union Bank of India
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) Central Bank of India
4) Bank of Baroda
5) Axis Bank
Answer-3) Central Bank of India
In June 2021, Central Bank of India announced co-lending partnerships with Non-Banking Finance Companies (NBFCs) viz, Indiabulls Housing Finance Limited (Indiabulls HFL) and IIFL Home Finance Limited (IIFL HFL) to offer housing loans under priority sector to homebuyers.
- Which bank signed an MoU (in June’21) with Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board to provide financial services to its customers?
1) HDFC Bank
2) Kotak Mahindra Bank
3) Axis Bank
5) ICICI Bank
Answer-1) HDFC Bank
Karnataka Industrial Area Development Board (KIADB) signed an MoU for 3 years with HDFC Bank to provide a wide range of financial products and services to its customers.
About HDFC Bank:
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
Tagline – We understand your world
- As per the June 2021, Global Economic Prospects released by _______________, India’s GDP was estimated to grow at _______ in FY22.
1) World Economic Forum; 10.1%
2) World Bank; 10.1%
3) International Monetary Fund; 7.5%
4) World Bank; 8.3%
5) World Economic Forum; 9.5%
Answer-4) World Bank; 8.3%
In its June 2021 Global Economic Prospects, World Bank revised India’s GDP growth forecast for FY22 to 8.3% from its earlier estimate of 10.1%. It has also projected India’s growth in FY23 at 7.5 percent due to the impact of COVID-19.
i.Crisil cut its FY22 growth estimate for India to 9.5% from the earlier 11 percent, with a contraction of 7.3(-7.3)% in FY21.
- Who was appointed as an Election Commissioner of India in June 2021?
1) Om Prakash Rawat
2) Yashvardhan Kumar Sinha
3) Anup Chandra Pandey
4) T V Somanathan
5) Sunil Arora
Answer-3) Anup Chandra Pandey
Anup Chandra Pandey, was appointed as an Election Commissioner of India in June 2021.
Anup Chandra Pandey will join Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) Sushil Chandra and Election Commissioner Rajiv Kumar in the 3-member top executive body of the Election Commission of India (ECI)
- Which Deputy Governor of RBI was re-appointed (in June’21) for a period of 2-years?
1) M Rajeshwar Rao
2) Rabi Sankar
3) BP Kanungo
4) Michael Patra
5) Mahesh Kumar Jain
Answer-5) Mahesh Kumar Jain
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet has approved the re-appointment of Mahesh Kumar Jain (MK Jain) as Deputy Governor of Reserve Bank of India (RBI) for a period of 2-years.
Establishment: 1st April 1935
Headquarters: Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor: Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors: Michael Patra, M Rajeshwar Rao, MK Jain and Rabi Sankar.
- Which State/UT government launched the ‘e-Nirman’ web portal & mobile app to provide Smart cards for Unorganised sector workers?
3) New Delhi
Answer- 5) Gujarat
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani launched ‘e-Nirman’ portal and its mobile App for Unorganised Sector Workers.
i.The portal facilitates online registration & distribution of smart cards to the unorganised sector workers for availing various welfare schemes.