AffairsCloud brings you the complete and important daily Current Affairs 1 August 2020 Quiz to achieve more marks in Banking, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, CLAT, Railways and all other competitive Exams. We have prepared the current affairs quiz question from our daily current affairs 2020 updates.
- NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) along with which foundation launched an Incubator Capabilities enhancement program named ‘AIM-iCREST’?
1) Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
2) Wadhwani Foundation
3) Smile Foundation
4) Both 1) and 2)
5) All the 1), 2) and 3)Answer-4) Both 1) and 2)
NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), has launched ‘AIM iCREST’ – an Incubator Capabilities enhancement program for a Robust Ecosystem focused on creating high performing Startups in collaboration with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Wadhwani Foundation, which will provide global expertise. This is a first of its kind initiative for advancing innovation at scale in India.
- Name the Institute which in collaboration with TransUnion CIBIL launched financial knowledge platform named” MSMESaksham” for MSMEs.
1) Reserve Bank of India (RBI)
2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
3) National Housing Bank (NHB)
4) Industrial Finance Corporation of India (IFCI)
5) India Infrastructure Finance Company Ltd (IIFCL)Answer-2) Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) in association with TransUnion CIBIL Limited (formerly Credit Information Bureau (India) Limited) has launched a comprehensive financial education and one-stop knowledge platform for micro, small and medium enterprises “MSMESaksham”, which will guide MSMEs (micro, small and medium enterprises) seeking quick access to finance and will also support them in managing their credit obligations. The portal is focused on two key pillars of financial knowledge and access to credit.
- Which company partnered with ‘Craft Silicon’ to innovate and accelerate the digital loan repayment solutions?
4) Amazon Pay
5) PayUAnswer-5) PayU
Craft Silicon, a global financial software solution provider has entered into a strategic partnership with PayU, India’s online payment solutions provider to innovate and accelerate the digital loan repayment solutions for small finance banks, micro-lending institutions and Non-Banking Financial Company (NBFC).
- Name the bank which launched a campaign named ‘Kona Kona Umeed’ recently.
1) Axis Bank
2) YES Bank
3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
4) IndusInd Bank
5) ICICI BankAnswer-3) Kotak Mahindra Bank
Kotak Mahindra Bank has launched a special two-month campaign, ‘Kona Kona Umeed’ with offers and discounts across its suite of products to make banking and shopping more rewarding for the customers so as to boost consumer demand and lift people’s enthusiasm during this pandemic situation.
- The ‘mpay.me’ is the personalized UPI payment link launched by which company?
5) GooglePayAnswer-1) MobiKwik
MobiKwik launched mpay.me, a Unified Payment Interface (UPI) payment link service that allows users to send and receive money from any UPI payment app. Through mpay.me, users and merchants can set up a personalized link using their mobile number. The link can be created through the MobiKwik app or the MobiKwik website and can be shared anywhere with anyone over chat, SMS, email etc. mpay.me accepts payments from all UPI apps such as MobiKwik, GooglePay, PhonePe and Paytm among others.
- Find the company which along with Japanese energy major JERA signed loan pact with banks for new power generation project in Bangladesh.
1) Adani Power
2) Indane Power
3) Reliance Power
4) HP Power
5) Manikaran PowerAnswer-3) Reliance Power
Reliance Power and Japanese energy major JERA have inked a pact with a group of banks for full financing, totalling $642 million (approx Rs 4,798 crore), for their new gas-fired thermal power generation project in Bangladesh. Both partners will develop a new 745 MW natural gas combined-cycle power project in Meghnaghat in Bangladesh.
- Hamed Bakayoko has been appointed as the Prime Minister of which country?
1) Ivory Coast
4) Burkina Faso
5) GuineaAnswer-1) Ivory Coast
The Republic of Ivory Coast President Alassane Ouattara has appointed Defence Minister Hamed Bakayoko (55) as Prime Minister (PM) after acting as an interim PM since the sudden death of Amadou Gon Coulibaly on July 8, 2020. Hamed Bakayoko will also hold his position as defence Minister.
- Who has been appointed as the additional and independent director of Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd (with effect from August 1, 2020)?
1) S Jaishankar
2) Viral Acharya
3) BP Kanungo
4) Urjit Patel
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Urjit Patel
Great Eastern Shipping Company Ltd announced that its board has appointed former Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Urjit Patel as an additional and independent director for a term of 5 years, effective from August 01, 2020.
- Varun Sridhar has been appointed as the new CEO of PayTM Money recently. Where is the headquarters of PayTM Money located?
1) New Delhi
5) BengaluruAnswer-5) Bengaluru
Paytm Money, the subsidiary of One97 Communication Ltd announced the appointment of Varun Sridhar as the New Chief Executive Officer (CEO) following the resignation of former Managing Director and CEO Pravin Jadhav. Paytm Money: Headquarters– Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- Which department organized National Digital Conference on “Easing Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat” along with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) (event inaugurated by Union minister Piyush Goyal)?
1) Department of Chemicals and Petrochemicals
2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
3) Department of Health and Family Welfare
4) Department of Biotechnology
5) Department of Internal SecurityAnswer-2) Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry, inaugurated the National Digital Conference on “Easing Doing Business for Atmanirbhar Bharat” organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) with the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT) to improve the business environment of India.
- Union Environment minister Prakash Javadekar represented India in 6th BRICS Environment Ministers’ Meeting hosted by which country?
5) South AfricaAnswer-2) Russia
Prakash Javadekar, Union Minister of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEF&CC) participated in the 6th BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) Environment Ministers’ Meeting under the presidency of Russia along with the Environment minister of Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa over a virtual platform from New Delhi. The BRICS Environment Ministers established BRICS Environmentally Sound Technology (BEST) Platform and observed that it is of fundamental importance that we develop existing areas of development within the BEST Platform, setting clear expectations in terms of the results.
- Tata Capital Growth Fund plans to acquire _______% stake in Biocon Biologics India for 30 Million USD.
5) 2.205Answer-1) 0.85%
Biocon Biologics India approved the primary equity investment of around Rs.225 crores (30 Million USD) by Tata Capital Growth Fund for a 0.85% minority stake in Biocon Biologics, biosimilar business, at an equity valuation of around Rs. 26,250 crores (3.5 billion USD) and enterprise valuation of around Rs. 30,400 crores (4 billion USD).
- What is the name of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)’s mars rover which was launched recently to seek signs of ancient life?
5) FortitudeAnswer-2) Perseverance
United States’ (US) 5th Mars Mission “Mars 2020” initiated by NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) after launching the biggest Mars rover named “Perseverance”, which was lifted off by United Launch Alliance (ULA) Atlas V 541 rocket from Florida’s Cape Canaveral Air Force Station, United States (US). The rover will land on Jezero Crater of Mars on Feb. 18, 2021 with duration of at least one Mars year (about 687 Earth days). The outlay of Mars mission 2020 is around $2.7 billion. The project aimed to seek signs of ancient life and collect first Martian rock and soil samples for possible return to Earth for analyzing and will be retrieved during future missions in 2031. The rover is also carrying a small helicopter named Ingenuity, which aims to be the first aircraft to fly on another planet.
- Qazi Onik who is in news recently is associated with which sport?
5) AfghanistanAnswer-3) Bangladesh
Bangladesh’s pacer Qazi Onik has been banned for two years for failing a dope test during the National Cricket League in November 2018.
- Sonam Tshering Lepcha who passed away in July 2020 is a renowned ________.
1) Folk Musician
3) Football Player
5) ArchitectAnswer-1) Folk Musician
Folk Musician, composer, Lyricist and Padmashree awardee Sonam Tshering Lepcha passed away at the age 92, at Kalimpong, West Bengal due to old age ailments. He was born on 3rd January, 1928 at Bong Busty, Kalimpong, West Bengal. He played a major role in reviving and promoting the Lepcha Culture which is one of the indegenious culture of Sikkim.
- Lee Teng-hui (Mr Democracy) who is in news recently is the former president of which country?
1) South Korea
5) Hong KongAnswer-3) Taiwan
The former Taiwanese President, Mr. Lee Teng-hui died at the age of 97 at Beitou District, Taipei City, Taiwan due to infection, and heart ailments. He was born on 15th January 1923, Sanzhi, Taiwan. He was popularly known as “Mr. Democracy” for eradicating the dictatorial rule in favour of unbiased pluralism in Taiwan.
- Actor Anil Murali who passed away recently belongs to which state?
3) Tamil Nadu
4) West Bengal
5) Tamil NaduAnswer-1) Kerala
Anil Murali, Veteran Malayalam actor who acted in more than 200 movies in Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu, passed away at the age of 51 at the hospital in Kochi, Kerala where he was admitted due to liver ailments on 22nd July 2020. He hails from Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- When was world ranger day observed annually?
1) April 25
2) May 28
3) July 31
4) June 19
5) August 30Answer-3) July 31
World Ranger Day is celebrated annually on July 31 around the world and it is promoted by the 54-member association of the International Ranger Federation (IRF). The day celebrates the accomplishments done by rangers around the world and honours those who have died in the course of their duties.
STATIC GK based on Current Affairs
- International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER), the world’s largest fusion reactor is located in which country?
1) South Korea
5) FranceAnswer-5) France
The International Thermonuclear Experimental Reactor (ITER) celebrated the start of Assembly of the ITER Tokamak at Saint-Paul-Lez-Durance, France. The Celebration was hosted virtually by the French President, Emmanuel Macron and all ITER member countries participated either in person, or electronically through remote mode. India also participated in the celebrations and considered the global participation of scientists to project as a perfect illustration of the age-old Indian belief – Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam (‘The World is One Family’). ITER cryostat is manufactured by India (Larsen and Tourbo). Cryostat is a chamber that can maintain very low temperatures. The ITER is a collaboration of 35 nations launched in 1985. The ITER members include China, the European Union, India, Japan, South Korea, Russia and the United States.
- Where is the HQ of Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) located?
2) New Delhi
5) GaboroneAnswer-2) New Delhi
The Commonwealth Human Rights Initiative (CHRI) and Walk Free released a report on slavery on the occasion of World Day Against Trafficking in Persons (30th July). As per the report, Commonwealth countries accounts for about 40% of people living in conditions of modern slavery in the world. The CHRI is an independent, non-partisan, international non-governmental organization, headquartered in New Delhi, India.
- Which country will take over the presidency of BRICS in 2021?
5) South AfricaAnswer-3) India
India will assume the Presidency of BRICS in 2021. Currently, Russia holds the presidency of BRICS for the year 2020.
- Who is the current CEO of NITI Aayog?
1) Amitabh Kant
2) Ajit Doval
3) Rajiv Kumar
4) Ajay Tyagi
5) VK PaulAnswer-1) Amitabh Kant
Mr. Amitabh Kant is currently the CEO of National Institution for Transforming India (NITI) Aayog.
- Who is the author of the book ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’?
1) S Jaishankar
2) Viral Acharya
3) BP Kanungo
4) Urjit Patel
5) None of the AboveAnswer-4) Urjit Patel
Former RBI governor Urjit Patel has authored a book titled ‘Overdraft: Saving the Indian Saver’. The book will be published by HarperCollins India.