Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Current Affairs August 2015 Quiz in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating quiz covering important event in Current Affairs, which is common for all the bank exams and other competitive exams. We have included Some GK questions that are repeatedly asked in many bank exams.
- “GlobalSat for DRR”, a global satellite for earth observation to bename after
which of the following famous personality?
A. Barack Obama
B. APJ Abdul Kalam
C. Viswanath Anand
D. Malala yousafzaiB. APJ Abdul Kalam
- What does CANEUS stand for?
A. California- Egypt -UK-Australia
C. Canada- Estonia- UAE- Argentina
D. Costa Rica-Ethiopia-Ukraine-AustraliaB. Canada-Europe-US-Asia
- According to Ministry of Urban Development, Which city ranked top in Swachh
A. Navi Mumbai, Maharastra
B. Mysuru, karnataka
C. Damoh, MP
D. Hassan, KarnatakaB. Mysuru, karnataka
- 9th August is celebrated as Quit India Movement anniversary day, In which year it was launched by Mahatma Gandhi?
D. 1945B. 1942
- National Institute of Disaster Management (NIDM) has signed MOU with which of the following university for establishing a Centre for Excellence in Disaster
A. Jawaharlal Nehru university
B. Banaras Hindu University
C. Indian Institute of Science
D. University of DelhiA. Jawaharlal Nehru university
- Which state govt has declared Thane creek area as ‘Flamingo Sanctuary’?
A. Madhya Pradesh
B. Uttar Pradesh
D. MaharastraD. Maharastra
- Which of the following poly-herbal medicine has been developed by DRDO to
D. CalcipotrieneC. Lukoskin
- Which of the following coal-based thermal power plant has got commissioned by BHEL ?
A. Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station
B. Korba Super Thermal Power Plant
C. Sipat Thermal Power Plant
D. Tirora Thermal Power StationA. Vindhyachal Super Thermal Power Station
- Which of the following state owned company of Turkmenistan will lead TAPI
consortium for the construction of 1800 kilometer long pipeline carrying gas
from Turkmenistan to India, Pakistan and Afghanistan?
D. STAMICOB. TurkmenGaz
- During recent visit of PM Modi to Turkmenistan, 22nd TAPI steering committee
meeting was held.What is TAPI?
C. Tazbekistan-Azerbaijan-Pakistan- India
D. Tanzania- Afghanistan-Pakistan-IndiaB. Turkmenistan–Afghanistan–Pakistan–India
- What is India’s rank in world as energy consumer?
D. 4thD. 4th
- Which of the following Asian country football team shares its rank of 156th in
FIFA ranking with Indian football team?
D. LebanonB. Kyrgyzstan
- Government of India has imposed what percent of import duty on wheat till march 31,2016?
D. 11%C. 10%
- Travel services provider Thomas Cook (India)Ltd had made acquisition with
which of the Indian company till 2015?
A. Quess Corp
B. Sterling Holiday Resorts
C. Kuoni’s travel business
D. All of the aboveD. All of the above
- Taiwan-based global electronic manufacturing company Foxconn has signed a MoU with which of the following state to invest $5 billion over next five years
into a new manufacturing facility ?
A. Madhya Pradesh
C. Andra Pradesh
D. Uttar PradeshB. Maharastra
- Who was honoured with Germany’s highest civilian award “The Cross of Order of the Merit”?
A. Raghavendra Gadagkar
B. Stephen Watson
c. hazel McCallion
D. Lech WalesaA. Raghavendra Gadagkar
- Who is the Governer of Bihar?
A. Keshari nath Tripathy
B. Draupadi Murmu
C. Ram Nath Kovind
D. Acharya Dev VratC. Ram Nath Kovind
- Amrit Lugun appointed as Ambassador of India to which country?
A. Republic of Sudan
D. FranceA. Republic of Sudan
- Ad-Hoc Committee announced by BCCI for Cricket Administration in Uttarakhand will be headed by?
A. MP Pandove
B. Niranjan Shah
C. Ravi Sastri
D. None of the aboveA. MP Pandove
- Emmy Awards related to which of the following field?
B. Television Industry
D. PoliticsB. Television Industry