We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 24 August 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
PM Narendra Modi Inaugurates & Lays Foundation Stone for Various Projects in Somnath, GujaratPrime Minister Narendra Modi has Inaugurated & laid foundation Stone for various projects in Somnath, Gujarat Virtually.
i.PM Modi inaugurated the following projects
- The Somnath Promenade,
- The Somnath Exhibition Centre
- Reconstructed Temple precinct of Old (Juna) Somnath.
ii.The Prime Minister laid the foundation Stone of Parvatimata Temple in Somnath Temple premises.
iii.Under Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASHAD) Scheme, announced in 2014, the Ministry of Tourism is developing 40 major places of pilgrimage out of which, 15 are already completed. In Gujarat, work is on for three projects worth around Rs.180 crore.
iv.In Gujarat under PRASHAD scheme are Development of Pilgrimage Amenities at Maa Ambaji Temple, Banaskantha & Development of Public Plaza/Entry plaza at Somnath.
About Somnath Temple
- It is located in Veraval in Saurashtra, Gujarat.
- It is believed to the 1st among the 12 Jyotirlinga Shrines of Shiva
- The chairman of Somnath mandir trust is PM Narendra Modi
Fact: In the 2019-Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Index released by World Economic Forum (WEF), India ranked at 34th place from 65th in 2013.
About Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual, Heritage Augmentation Drive (PRASHAD) Scheme
- Launched in 2015 & comes under Ministry of Tourism
- It aims Integrated development of Pilgrimage destinations in planned, prioritised & sustainable manner to provide complete religious tourism experience.
Governor – Acharya Devvrat
National Park – Gir, Blackbuck and Marine
Wildlife Sanctuaries – Girnar, Pania, Ratanmahal sloth bear and Purna
FM Nirmala Sitharaman launches INR 250 crore Ubharte Sitaare FundUnion Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has launched Ubharte Sitaare Fund (USF) of Corpus INR 250 crore with a green shoe option of INR 250 crore for Export oriented Small & mid sized companies across the country.
- USF is jointly funded by Export and Import (EXIM) Bank of India & Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
- It is an Alternative Investment Fund (AIF) with a contribution of INR 40 crore each by EXIM Bank & SIDBI has been registered with Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) in July 2021.
Ubharte Sitaare Fund (USF)
i.Objective: To identify and Invest in small and mid-sized companies in the Manufacturing and Services sector with good Export potential that could be future champions of export & handhold them through the growth phase.
ii.The Fund would invest by way of equity, and equity like products in export-oriented units, both in the manufacturing and services sectors, across the country
About Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI)
Establishment – April 1990.
Chairman & Managing Director – Sivasubramanian Ramann
Headquarters– Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
About Export and Import (EXIM) Bank of India
Establishment – 1982
Deputy Managing Director – Harsha Bangari, N.Ramesh
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Regulated by Reserve Bank of India
>>Read Full News
India’s first Smog Tower Inaugurated by Arvind Kejriwal in Delhi
India’s first smog tower launched in Delhi as a pilot project by the Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal at Baba Kharak Marg, Connaught Place.It was developed by IIT-Delhi and IIT- Bombay.
Objective – To improve the air quality.
Nodal Agency – Delhi Pollution Control Committee(DPCC).
About the Smog Tower:
i.The new tower- It is about 20m tall, set up to improve the air quality in a radius of around 1 km.
ii.Financial Outlay-The tower was built at the cost of INR 20 crores, which was financed by the government of Delhi.
iii.The towers have 1200 air filters. Which are developed by experts of University of Minnesota of the United States.
- A total of 40 fans have been installed at the bottom of the tower. Air will be sucked in from the top of the tower, filtered and released through the fans at the bottom.
v.IIT-Delhi and IIT- Bombay were the technical advisors for the project.The Performance Report on a monthly basis will be presented by the scientists of Delhi Pollution Control Committee(DPCC).
vi.This smog tower has the capacity to purify 1000 cubic metres of air per second and it is estimated that it will reduce PM2.5 concentration by around 70%.
- Tata Projects Limited(TPL) is also building two new smog towers and technical support is being provided by IIT- Delhi and IIT-Bombay.
- Another 25m tall tower built by the Central Government at Anand Vihar is expected to be launched by August 31. Central Pollution Control Board(CPCB) is the nodal agency.
Festival: Bhai Dooj Festival, Chhat Festival, Lohri
Stadium : Arun Jaitley Stadium (Previously known as ‘Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium’), Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium , Thyagaraj Sports Complex
India plans to set up 35 Earthquake Observatories by 2021 & 100 by 2026
As per the information provided by Dr. Jitendra Singh, Minister of State (MoS-Independent Charge) Science & Technology; Minister of State (MoS-Independent Charge) Earth Sciences during the inaugural ceremony of the (IAGA-IASPEI) Joint Scientific Assembly 2021, India targets to add 35 Earthquake Observatories (EOs) by 2021 & 100 more EOs by 2026.
- At present, 115 Earthquake Observatories are functioning in India.
About IAGA-IASPEI Scientific Assembly 2021
The joint Scientific assembly 2021 of International Association of Geomagnetism & Aeronoy (IAGA) and International Association of Seismology & Physics of the Earth’s interior (IASPEI) was hosted by Council of Scientific & Industrial Research-National Geophysical Research Institute (CSIR-NGRI) and the Indian National Science Academy (INSA) in association with the Ministry of Earth Sciences, Government of India
- It is organised from August (21st to 27th), 2021 in virtual format in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Virendra M Tiwari, Director CSIR-NGRI is the Chair of the Local organising committee (LOC).
- It will act as a catalyst in bringing new researchers & practitioners across the global community to work on issues related to rendering science to society.
About International Association of Geomagnetism & Aeronoy (IAGA)
International Non Governmental Organisation (NGO) established in 1873
President – Mioara Mandea
About International Association of Seismology & Physics of the Earth’s interior (IASPEI)
International NGO formed in 1992.
President –Kenji Satake
India among 33 nations where Children at Extremely High Risk of Climate Crisis impacts: UNICEFi.In accordance with the UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund) report titled ‘The Climate Crisis Is a Child Rights Crisis: Introducing the Children’s Climate Risk Index’ (CCRI), India is among the 33 extremely high-risk countries where approximately 1 billion children are most at risk of the impacts of climate change that will affect their health, education, and protection.
ii.The four South Asian countries named in the list are Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan and India with ranks of 14th, 15th, 25th and 26th respectively.
About UNICEF (United Nations Children’s Fund):
Executive Director– Henrietta Holsman Fore
Headquarters– New York, USA
India Representative– Dr Yasmin Ali Haque
>>Read Full News
India to host 2nd UNWGIC in 2022 at Hyderabad, TelanganaIndia is all set to host the 2nd United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress (UNWGIC) in October 2022 in Hyderabad, Telangana on the theme ‘Towards Geo-enabling the Global Village’. It will be organized as a part of ‘Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav (Celebration of 75 Years of Indian Independence)’.
- This information was provided during the curtain raiser event which was organized by the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Ministry of Science and Technology (MoST) on the lines of 11th Session of the United Nation Committee of Experts on Global Geospatial Information Management (UN-GGIM) to be held during the end of August 2021.
- It was inaugurated by Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, DST.
What is Geospatial data?
Also known as geodata, it contains location information, such as an address, area, or ZIP (Zone Improvement Plan) code, linked to a dataset. This data can also be obtained from Global Positioning System (GPS) data, geospatial satellite imagery, telematics devices, Internet of Things (IoT), and geotagging.
About United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress (UNWGIC):
The United Nation Committee of Experts on Global Geospatial Information Management (UN-GGIM) organizes UNWGIC every four years to enhance international collaboration in the area of Geospatial information management and capacities.
- The first UNWGIC was organized by China in October 2018.
About Ministry of Science and Technology:
Minister of State (Independent Charge)– Dr. Jitendra Singh (Constituency- Udhampur (Jammu and Kashmir))
Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India– Professor Krishnaswamy VijayRaghavan
BANKING & FINANCE
HDFC Bank, Paytm Partnered to Offer Payment SolutionsHDFC Bank Ltd, India’s largest private bank, and Paytm, made a partnership to share their network and provide digital lending and payment solutions for consumers and merchants across India.
- Objective: To create digital transformation in semi-urban and rural India, and involve more people in the formal banking system.
i.Under the partnership, HDFC Bank will act as the payment partner, while Paytm will be the distribution and software partner.
ii.A co-branded point of sale (POS) product in the retail segment was jointly launched by Paytm and HDFC Bank. The product would be offered by Paytm to its customer base.
iii.They will provide the payment gateway and POS solutions for Indian merchant partners such as Paytm Postpaid (a Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) solution), Eazy EMI, and Flexi Pay.
iv.Through the tie-up, Paytm will offer its existing range of Android POS devices to the merchants who are in partnership with HDFC Bank. HDFC Bank will also sell Paytm’s payment solutions.
v.Enhanced SmartHub solution will be delivered through the partnership.
- SmartHub solution is an integrated payment solution of HDFC Bank for merchants, which will enable them to collect payments through multiple payment modes.
vi.The partnership was made prior to the proposed Initial Public Offering (IPO) of Paytm, through which it plans to raise Rs 16,600 crore within 2021.
vii.Customer base: Paytm has more than 333 million users and 21 million merchants on its platform. HDFC Bank has more than 50 million credit card and debit card customers.
About HDFC Bank:
It was the 1st bank to receive approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to set up a private sector bank.
Establishment – 1994
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sashidhar Jagdishan
Headquarters – Noida, Uttar Pradesh
Founder & CEO – Vijay Shekhar Sharma
NABARD’s Loan Extension in FY21 Rose by 25.2% As per the annual report of the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) for FY21, the total loans and advances extended by it in FY21 grew by 25.2 percent year-on-year (YOY) compared with 11.5 percent of FY20.
- The balance sheet size of NABARD reached Rs 6.57 lakh crore as of March 31, 2021, mainly contributed by non-idle (earning) assets.
- NABARD achieved a record YOY growth of 24 percent in its total assets.
- The outstanding credit of the Agricultural sector grew at 12.3 percent in FY21, the highest of all sectors.
- NABARD promoted 634 farmer producer organisations (FPOs) in FY21 (against the target of 600).
About National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD):
Establishment – 12 July 1982
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Chairman – R. Chintala
>>Read Full News
NABARD extended Rs 24.90 lakh grant for IMFFS project in Cuddalore, TNThe National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) extended Rs 24.90 lakh grant for Integrated Mangrove Fishery Farming System (IMFFS) project in Cuddalore district of Tamil Nadu.
- This project is implemented by the S. Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF) to enhance the adaptive capacity of the fishing community.
What is IMFFS?
Under IMFFS, mangroves are integrated with fish culture wherein conventional earthen aquaculture ponds are modified to provide about 30% of the area for raising mangroves and the remaining for fish cultivation.
- This system mitigates the impact of rising sea levels along with the sustained harvest of fish.
i.The project is being implemented on 2.10 hectares of land in Mudasalodai village by involving traditional and Irula fishers from Mudasalodai and Kalaignar coastal hamlets in Pichavaram.
ii.The farm pond is designed in a mitochondrial pattern and is a tide-fed pond.
RBI Introduced Automation System ‘PRISM’ to Strengthen SupervisionThe Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has introduced a web-based and end-to-end workflow automation system named ‘Platform for Regulated Entities for Integrated Supervision and Monitoring’ (PRISM) to strengthen the compliance of the entities that are supervised by RBI.
- Objective: To make continuous supervision of entities for – earlier identification of risks; conduct of supervisory actions; and strengthen their internal resilience.
- RBI supervises entities including banks, NBFCs, financial institutions and Payment System Providers.
- RBI has included Root Cause Analysis (RCA) in the current supervisory cycle. RCA includes a detailed assessment of governance, oversight and assurance function, business strategy and risk and compliance culture.
- RBI’s Department of Supervision (DoS) plans to introduce a dedicated market intelligence (MI) unit for frauds and implementation of automated unique system generated numbers for each fraud.
About Reserve Bank of India (RBI):
Establishment – 1st April 1935
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
Governor – Shaktikanta Das
Deputy Governors – Mahesh Kumar Jain, Michael Debabrata Patra, and M Rajeshwar Rao, T. Rabi Sankar
>>Read Full News
ICICI Bank Germany Launched Blocked Account for Indian Students to Study in GermanyICICI Bank Germany, a part of ICICI Bank, launched a digital and instant Blocked Account named ‘ICICI Bank Germany Student Blocked Account’ for the Indian students who are aspiring to study in Germany.
- ICICI Bank Germany is the 1st bank to offer the dual advantage of a ‘Blocked Account’ along with a complimentary Current Account (within the single account) to the Indian students.
- Along with the Blocked Account, the bank also offers a complimentary Current Account, that can be used in Germany and a VISA debit card that could be used worldwide.
- Blocked Account: The students who are aspiring to study in Germany need to have this account with a required amount to get a Balance Confirmation Certificate (BCC), a mandatory requirement for a Student Visa in Germany.
- Digital Process: ICICI Bank Germany enables the students to open the Blocked account online (complete digital) in India before their Visa applications. The process of opening a ‘Blocked Account’ is available 24X7.
About ICICI Bank Germany:
It is a subsidiary of ICICI UK PLC
Establishment – 2008
Headquarters – Frankfurt, Germany
>>Read Full News
Citibank Got Approval from IFSCA to Open Banking Unit at GIFT City
US-based Citibank NA received the approval from International Financial Services Centres Authority (IFSCA) to open a banking unit at India’s GIFT IFSC (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City – International Financial Services Centre) at Gandhinagar, Gujarat to carry out offshore transactions.
- In 2020, Citibank received in-principle approval from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to start a banking unit after which it has waited for the final nod from IFSCA to start operations.
- Recently, Deutsche Bank became the 1st German bank to set up its IFSC banking unit at GIFT IFSC.
APPOINTMENTS & RESIGNATIONS
La Ganesan, Appointed as 17th Governor of ManipurPresident Ramnath Kovind has appointed senior BJP (Bharatiya Janata Party) leader from Tamil Nadu, La. Ganesan as 17th Governor of Manipur.He Succeeded Najma Heptulla, who retired earlier this month.
- Earlier, the Governor of Sikkim, Ganga Prasad served as a Governor-in-charge of Manipur.
Article 153-There shall be a Governor for each state”
Provided that nothing in this article shall prevent the appointment of the same person as Governor for two or more States.
Article 155- The Governor of a State shall be appointed by the President by warrant under his hand and seal.
Article 156- TERM OF OFFICE OF GOVERNOR
(1) The Governor shall hold office during the pleasure of the President.
(2) The Governor may, by writing under his hand addressed to the President, resign his office.
Chief Minister: Nongthombam Biren Singh
Wildlife Sanctuary : Yangoupokpi-Lokchao Wildlife Sanctuary,
Khongjaingamba Ching Wildlife Sanctuary
Festivals:Yaoshang ,Kut-Festival Of Kuki-Chin-Mizo ,Gang-Ngai-Festival Of Kabui Nagas
Kamlesh Kumar Pant Appointed as Chairman of NPPA
Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed Kamlesh Kumar Pant, a 1993-batch IAS officer of Himachal Pradesh cadre, as the new chairman of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority (NPPA) with immediate effect. He replaces the current chairman Shubhra Singh, who has been repatriated to Rajasthan.
- Kamlesh Kumar Pant has served in various capacities in the Government of Himachal Pradesh including Principal Secretary (Revenue), Financial Commissioner (Appeals) and head of the Himachal Pradesh State Pollution Control Board.
NPPA under the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP), Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers is an independent regulator for the pricing of drugs.
Headquartered– New Delhi
Established on 29th August 1997.
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
OneWeb launches 34 Satellites into LEOOneWeb, Satellite Communications Operator Co-owned by Bharti Airtel & United Kingdom (UK) Government has launched another batch of 34 Satellites into Low Earth Orbit (LEO) on August 22, 2021.
- The launch was carried out by Arianespace, European Satellite launch Company with the Soyuz, Russian Rocket from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazakhstan.
- It was the 5th launch of OneWeb satellites in 2021, thereby making a total of 288 Satellites in the Orbit.
i.OneWeb is aiming to launch a total of 648 satellites to provide high-speed internet connectivity to customers around the world (SpaceX’s Starlink internet constellation is expected to have around 12,000satellites).
ii.OneWeb resumed satellite launches in December, 2020 after emerging from bankruptcy protection with USD 1 billion in equity investment from a consortium of the British government and India’s Bharti Enterprises.
- It has also received investment from Japan’s Softbank and Eutelsat Communications. It is now fully funded and has secured USD 2.4 Billion in total from investments.
iii.One Web will start full satellite broadband service in India by May 2022.
Established in 2020
CEO – Neil Masterson
Executive Chairman – Sunil Bharti Mittal
Headquarters – London, United Kingdom
IIT Madras Developed India’s 1st Indigenous Motorised Wheelchair Vehicle, NeoBoltIIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Madras has developed India’s 1st indigenous motorised wheelchair vehicle, NeoBolt, which could be used even on uneven terrains (land).
- NeoBolt was developed by a team led by Sujatha Srinivasan, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras.
- A start-up called ‘NeoMotion’ has commercialised the NeoBolt.
- Objective: To overcome issues of the ‘one-size-fits-all’ wheelchairs which causes restricted mobility, damages health, and lowers self-confidence.
Features of NeoBolt:
i.The maximum speed of NeoBolt is about 25 kmph and it travels up to 25 km per charge. It is powered by a lithium-ion battery.
ii.The team has already commercially launched similar kind of mortorised wheelchair ‘Neofly’. The Neofly is converted into NeoBolt with added safety and comfort features.
iii.Convenient and low cost: NeoBolt will be convenient, safe for wheelchair users, it will also be a ‘low-cost mode’ of outdoor mobility (compared with cars, auto rickshaws or modified scooters).
- Currently, the NeoFly and NeoBolt are being used by over 600 users across 28 States in India.
- NeoFly personalised wheelchair is available at Rs 39,900 and NeoBolt motorised add-on is available at Rs 55,000.
iv.It has suspensions to absorb the shocks and it will enable the user to navigate all kinds of terrain.
Note – Around 3 lakh wheelchairs are sold annually in India, of which 2.5 lakh are imported. The innovation will overcome this high rate of import.
About Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IIT Madras):
Director – Bhaskar Ramamurthi
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Former Uttar Pradesh CM Kalyan Singh Passes AwayThe former Chief Minister(CM) of Uttar Pradesh(UP), BJP leader Kalyan Singh passed away at the age of 89 in Lucknow due to age related diseases. He was born in Atrauli, Uttar Pradesh.
About Kalyan Singh
i.Kalyan Singh served as Governor of Himachal Pradesh, Governor of Rajasthan(2014-19).
ii.He served as the Chief Minister of UP for 2 terms, i.e.,1991-92 & 1997-99.
iii.He also served as the Member of Parliament for Lok Sabha during 2009–2014.
Former Indian Footballer & Olympian Syed Shahid Hakim Passed AwayFormer Indian Footballer Syed Shahid Hakim, a part of the Indian Football team during the 1960 Rome Olympics, has passed away in Gulbarga, Karnataka. He was born in Hyderabad, British India.He was popularly known as ‘saab’.
- He is the son of legendary football coach Syed Abdul Rahim
About Syed Shahid Hakim:
i.He has served as the coach of several teams including the Mahindra & Mahindra (Now Mahindra United), Salgaocar and Hindustan FC and Bengal Mumbai FC(2004-2005).
ii.He was a FIFA badge holder international referee who officiated more than 33 international games including the AFC Asian Cup matches in 1988(Qatar).
iii.He has served as the Chief Project Director at the Sports Authority of India(SAI).
iv.He was honoured with the Dhyan Chand Award for Life Time Achievement in Sports and Games in 2017. He became the 2nd footballer after Shabbir Ali to win the award.
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Subhadra Sen Gupta’s Last Book “Let’s Go Time Travelling Again’’ Released
Famous Children’s Book Writer, Subhadra Sen Gupta’s last book titled, “Let’s Go Time Travelling Again: Indians Through the Ages’’ released posthumously.
- The book was released by Puffin Books, the children’s imprint of Penguin Books .
- The well known illustrator for children, Tapas Guha provided illustrations for the book.
About the Subhadra Sen Gupta–
Sen was the winner of Sahitya Akademi’s Bal Sahitya Puraskar 2015 award.
Famous Books-Mystery of the House of Pigeons ,Twelve O’Clock Ghost Stories, ‘Jodh Bai’ and ‘A Clown for Tenali Rama
International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief 2021 – August 22 The United Nations(UN)’s International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief is annually observed across the globe on 22nd August to commemorate the victims of the violence based on religion or belief. The day also recognises the importance of supporting the victims and members of their families and providing assistance following applicable law.
- 22nd August 2021 marked the observance of 3rd International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief
i.The United Nations General Assembly(UNGA) has adopted the resolution A/RES/73/296 on 28 May 2019 and proclaimed the 22nd August of every year as the International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief.
ii.The first-ever International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief was observed on 22nd August 2019.
>>Read Full News
International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition 2021 – August 23 The United Nations (UN)’s International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition is annually observed across the globe on 23rd August to remember the tragedy of the slave trade across the globe during colonial rule.
- The day also aims to educate the people about the events associated with the slave trade and its consequences.
During the 22nd to 23rd August 1791, the uprising in Santo Domingo (at present Haiti and the Dominican Republic) played a major role in the abolition of the transatlantic slave trade.
i.International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition was first observed in various countries like Haiti on 23 August 1998, and Goree in Senegal on 23 August 1999.
ii.The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Executive Board adopted Resolution 29 C/40 at its 29th session and proclaimed the 23rd August of every year as the International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition.
About United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO):
Director-General– Audrey Azoulay
Headquarters– Paris, France
>>Read Full News
World Sanskrit Day 2021 – August 22World Sanskrit Day, also known as Vishva-Samskrita-dinam and Sanskrit Diwas, is annually observed on ‘Sawan Poornima’ to create awareness, promote and revive Sanskrit, one of the ancient Indian languages.
World Sanskrit day 2021 falls on 22nd August 2021.
World Sanskrit Week 2021 – 19th to 25th August:
i.World Sanskrit week is annually observed across the globe to promote and celebrate one of the ancient Indian languages ‘Sanskrit’. The week on which Sanskrit day falls is celebrated as Sanskrit week.
ii.The Sanskrit Week 2021 is celebrated from 19th August to 25th August 2021.
>>Read Full News
World Entrepreneurs’ Day 2021 – August 21World Entrepreneurs’ Day(WED) is annually observed across the globe on 21st August to create awareness about entrepreneurship, innovation and leadership among the stakeholders.
The day also recognises and celebrates the efforts of individuals who start a business venture.
- The Alliance of International Business Associations (AIBA) leads the observance and invites people across the globe to promote World Entrepreneurs Day.
- The day highlights philanthropic, social and ethical business practices through conferences, awards and other initiatives.
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 24 August 2021|
|1||PM Narendra Modi Inaugurates & Lays Foundation Stone for Various Projects in Somnath, Gujarat|
|2||FM Nirmala Sitharaman launches INR 250 crore Ubharte Sitaare Fund|
|3||India’s first Smog Tower Inaugurated by Arvind Kejriwal in Delhi|
|4||India to add 35 more earthquake Observatories by end of this year: Dr Jitendra Singh|
|5||India among 33 Asian nations where Children at Extremely High Risk of Climate Crisis impacts: UNICEF|
|6||India to host 2nd UNWGIC in 2022 at Hyderabad, Telangana|
|7||HDFC Bank, Paytm Partnered to Offer Payment Solutions|
|8||NABARD’s Loan Extension in FY21 Rose by 25.2%|
|9||NABARD extended Rs 24.90 lakh grant for IMFFS project in Cuddalore, TN|
|10||RBI Introduced Automation System ‘PRISM’ to Strengthen Supervision|
|11||ICICI Bank Germany Launched Blocked Account for Indian Students to Study in Germany|
|12||Citi to open banking unit at GIFT City; receives RBI’s in-principle nod|
|13||La Ganesan, Appointed as 17th Governor of Manipur|
|14||Kamlesh Kumar Pant appointed as chairman of NPPA|
|15||Russian rocket launches 34 new UK satellites|
|16||IIT Madras develops India’s first indigenous motorised wheelchair vehicle|
|17||Former Uttar Pradesh CM Kalyan Singh Passes Away|
|18||Former Indian Footballer & Olympian Syed Shahid Hakim Passed Away|
|19||The Famous Children’s Book Writer Subhadra Sen Gupta’s book released|
|20||International Day Commemorating the Victims of Acts of Violence Based on Religion or Belief 2021 – August 22|
|21||International Day for the Remembrance of the Slave Trade and its Abolition 2021 – August 23|
|22||World Sanskrit Day 2021 – August 22|
|23||World Entrepreneurs’ Day – August 21 2021|