We are here for you to provide the important Recent and Latest Current Affairs 19 August 2021, which have unique updates of Latest Current Affairs 2021 events from all newspapers such as The Hindu, The Economic Times, PIB, Times of India, PTI, Indian Express, Business Standard and all Government official websites.
Our Current Affairs August 2021 events will help you to get more marks in Banking, Insurance, SSC, Railways, UPSC, CLAT and all State Government Exams. Also, try our Latest Current Affairs Quiz and Monthly Current Affairs 2021 PDF which will be a pedestrian to crack your exams.
Read Current Affairs in CareersCloud APP, Course Name – Learn Current Affairs – Free Course – Click Here to Download the APP
WCD Minister Smriti Irani launches 2nd Phase of SAMVAD in Bengaluru, KarnatakaThe 2nd phase of SAMVAD was launched by the Union Minister of Women and Child Development (WCD) Smriti Zubin Irani in Bengaluru,Karnataka on the successful completion of one year of SAMVAD programme.
- SAMVAD stands for Support, Advocacy & Mental Health intervention for children in Vulnerable circumstances and Distress.
It aims to ensure holistic development and psychosocial well being of children and adolescents.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development is funding this initiative.
- National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS) is the implementing agency
- It is a National level initiative and Integrated Resource working for providing protection, support for mental health, psychosocial care for children.
About the National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS)
The NIMHANS is the apex centre of mental health and neuroscience education. It operates autonomously under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
Director: Dr. Pratima Murthy
About The Ministry of Women and Child Development-
Minister: Smriti Zubin Irani (Amethi, Uttar Pradesh)
Minister of state: Dr Munjpara Mahendrabhaji (Surendranagar, Gujarat).
>>Read Full News
Tata Power Solar receives 50MW Solar PV & 50 Mwh Battery Storage Project in Leh, LadakhTata Power Solar, a wholly owned subsidiary of Tata Power has received projects worth INR 386 crore to build a 50MWp Solar Photovoltaic (PV) Plant and 50 Mwh Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) project in Phyang village of Leh, Union Territory of Ladakh.
- The project will be India’s 1st co-located large scale BESS solution and 1st large scale solar project in the UT of Ladakh at a high altitude of 3600 meters above mean sea level.
- It includes design, engineering, construction of Solar Photovoltaic grid connected power plant and BESS along with 10 years of operations and maintenance services.
- The project is expected to be completed by March 2023.
About Tata Power
Chief Executive Officer (CEO) & Managing Director (MD) – Praveer Sinha
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
About Union Territory of Ladakh
Capital – Leh
Lieutenant Governor – Radha Krishna Mathur
60th PE Survey FY20: Net Profit of CPSEs Decreased by 20% to Rs 1.38 Lakh CroreIn August 2021, the Department of Public Enterprises (DPE), Ministry of Finance, released the 60th Public Enterprises (PE) Survey 2019-20 report. As per the report, the net profit of Central Public Sector Enterprises (CPSEs) in FY20 decreased by 20 percent from Rs 1.74 lakh crore in FY19 to around Rs 1.38 lakh crore.
- The decrease in profit was mainly due to the fall in profits in the petroleum sector.
Highlights of the Report on CPSEs:
|Profit (of 171 profit-making CPSEs)||Rs 1,38,112 crore|
|Loss (of 84 loss-making CPSEs)||Rs 44,817 crore|
|Total Paid-up Capital||Rs 3,10,737 crore|
|Reserves and Surplus||Rs 9,57,579 crore|
|Net Worth||Rs 12,35,706 crore|
About the PE Survey:
i.The PE Survey is an annual survey provided by DPE. It divides CPSEs into 5 sectors viz, Agriculture; Mining & Exploration; Manufacturing, Processing & Generation; Services; and Enterprises Under Construction.
ii.DPE is the nodal agency for all CPSEs. The number of CPSEs in FY20 was increased to 366 from 348 in FY19.
iii.CPSE’s: It includes the enterprises in which the Government of India holds more than 50 percent equity.
- The subsidiaries of CPSEs that are registered in India will also be categorised as CPSEs (only if the CPSE has more than 50 percent equity stake in it).
- Departmentally run public enterprises, banking institutions and insurance companies are excluded from CPSE.
iv.The PE survey was initiated from FY 1960-61 on the recommendations of the estimates committee.
Note – As per National Accounts Statistics 2021, the National Gross Value Added (GVA) at current prices is estimated at Rs 184.6 lakh crore in FY20.
About Ministry of Finance:
Union Minister – Nirmala Sitharaman (Constituency – Karnataka)
Minister of State – Pankaj Chaudhary (Constituency – Maharajganj, Uttar Pradesh), Bhagwat Kishanrao Karad (Constituency – Maharashtra)
BDL, MBDA signs agreement to manufacture ASRAAM missiles in TelanganaBharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) and MBDA, Europe based Missiles Manufacturer signed an agreement to establish a facility for the Final Assembly, Integration and Test (FAIT) of Advanced Short Range Air to Air Missiles (ASRAAM) in Bhanur, Telangana.
- The agreement was signed between NP Diwakar, Director (Technical) of BDL and George Kyriakides, Director of International Industrial Cooperation, MBDA.
- Under the agreement, MBDA will transfer the equipment and technology to BDL for establishing the facility.
Advanced Short Range Air to Air Missiles (ASRAAM)
i.It is an infrared guided Air to Air Missile within Visual range developed by MBDA.
ii.ASRAAM travels at a speed of Mach 3 upto a range of more than 25 Kms.
About Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL)
Chairman & Managing Director (CMD) – Commodore Siddharth Mishra (Retd)
Headquarters – Hyderabad, Telangana
>>Read Full News
HAL signs Rs 5,375-crore contract with GE Aviation for supply of engines for Tejas
On August 17, 2021, Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) placed an order in GE Aviation, the subsidiary of General Electric (GE), for purchasing 99 F404-GE-IN20 engines worth Rs 5,375 crore (US $716 million) to power the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA).
- This order is the largest purchase order placed by HAL for LCA. It was a part of the execution of 83 LCA contracts with the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- Support services for the engine will also be provided by GE Aviation, USA, as a part of the purchase.
- HAL is working with GE to develop the export potential of the LCA, and to supply spare parts to the global supply chain of GE 404 engines.
- The 99 engines and services will be provided by GE Aviation within 2019. Due to the limited quantities requirement, the F-404 will not be built in India.
About Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL):
Establishment – 1940
Headquarters – Bangalore, Karnataka
Chairman and Managing Director – R Madhavan
>>Read Full News
UN Women and MyGov Launched Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 As a part of the Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav, the 75th year of Independence of India, MyGov under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY) along with the United Nations(UN) Women launched the “Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Innovation Challenge 2021”.
- Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Innovation Challenge 2021 is a platform for women.
- The challenge is implemented under the Multi-Partner Trust Fund (COVID-19) Programme.
Nari Sashaktikaran – to empower women to help them reach their full potential.
Objective of the challenge:
To encourage the technology solutions developed by Women Entrepreneurs to ensure women’s safety and empowerment.
Features of Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021:
i.The Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021 will accept the entries till 17th September 2021.
ii.The shortlisted 10 nominees will get a grant of Rs 1 lakh each, to develop the proof of concept of their idea.
iii.5 winners of the challenge will get Rs 5 lakh each, to develop market and implement their solution.
MeitY-NASSCOM Start-up Women Entrepreneur Awards 2020-21:
The winners of the MeitY-NASSCOM Women Startup Entrepreneurs Awards 2020-2021 In partnership with UN Women was announced on 17th August 2021, during the virtual event held as a part of the celebration of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
i.The jury members selected 12 women entrepreneurs as Winners, 2 were declared as Jury Choice Awardees and 1 was felicitated as special mention.
ii.Each Winner and Jury Choice Award were rewarded with a cash prize of Rs 2 Lakh.
iii.33 women entrepreneurs were selected for the MeitY-NASSCOM Tech Women Entrepreneur Accelerator Program.
Click here for the list of winners and Jury Choice awards & Special mention
About UN Women:
UN Women is the United Nations entity dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Executive Director– Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka
Headquarters– New York City, United States of America
About Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology(MeitY):
Union Minister– Ashwini Vaishnaw (Rajya Sabha- Odisha)
Minister of State– Rajeev Chandrasekhar (Rajya Sabha- Karnataka)
SEP 3.0 launched by Atal Innovation Mission in association with Dassault Systemes FoundationThe 3rd series of Student Entrepreneurship Program (SEP 3.0) was launched by Atal Innovation Mission facilitated by Niti Aayog in collaboration with La fondation Dassault Systemes for young innovators of Atal Tinkering Lab(ATL)
- Theme of SEP 3.0- Made in 3D- Seed the Future Entrepreneurs Program. It was conceptualized in France by La Main à la Pâte Foundation and La Fondation Dassault Systèmes Europe in the year 2017.
- The Top teams of SEP 3.0 are selected through the ATL Marathon, a national level contest, where the participating students identify community challenges and create innovations and solutions within their ATL lab.
Objective- To motivate and provide support for the student to become innovators.
Student Entrepreneurship Program (SEP) 3.0-
i.A Student-Teacher(6 students and 1 teacher) team from each school will be provided funding to establish their own Start-up, preparing framework and design using 3-D printing, market campaign and create expansion strategy.
ii.After this, they will present their strategy and marketing ideas in a competition in front of experts from industry and academia.
iii.Dassault is providing mentorship, prototyping and testing support to the teams. End-User feedback, Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) registration and patenting ideas are also being provided.
iv.A total of 50 teams from 26 states are selected for SEP 3.0 Top 20 teams of ATL Marathon 2019, 10 teams selected by Dassault, 10 teams from Aspirational Districts and 10 teams from Jammu, Kashmir, Ladakh and North east regions are selected.
About Atal Innovation Mission(AIM)-it is a flagship initiative of the Government of India to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country
Mission Director: Dr Chintan Vaishnav
Indian Navy and Royal Bahrain Navy undertakes Maritime Partnership Exercise at Manama, BahrainIndian Navy and Royal Bahrain Naval Force (RBNF) participated in a bilateral Maritime Partnership Exercise at Manama, Bahrain in the Persian Gulf region.
- Indian Naval Ship, INS Kochi, 2nd ship of the Kolkata class stealth guided missile destroyer participated in the exercise.
- Prior to the exercise, a coordination and operational planning conference was held between the Indian Navy and Royal Bahrain Navy.
Crown Prince & Prime Minister – Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa
Capital – Manama
Currency – Bahraini Dinar (BHD)
About Indian Navy:
Commander-in-Chief of Armed forces– President Ram Nath Kovind
Chief of the Naval Staff (CNS) – Admiral Karambir Singh
>>Read Full News
Govt Notified RoDTEP Rates, GuidelinesOn August 17, 2021, the Government announced the rates and guidelines for Remission of Duties and Taxes on Exported Products (RoDTEP), an export incentive scheme.
- Objective: To boost India’s exports and ease liquidity for exporters.
- The tax refund rates for different sectors under RoDTEP were fixed in the range of 0.5 percent to 4.3 percent.
- The scheme will be implemented by the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC) through a simplified IT System.
- RoDTEP is an incentive scheme for 8,555 products including employment-generating sectors like marine, agriculture, leather, gems, and jewellery sectors; and other segments like automobile, plastics, electrical/electronics, machinery.
About Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs(CBIC):
It is a part of the Department of Revenue under the Ministry of Finance
Headquarters – New Delhi
Chairman – M. Ajit Kumar
>>Read Full News
IIT Madras is Collaborating with MoRTH for Road Safety Planning and Intelligent Transport SystemThe Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Madras has collaborated with the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) for research in areas of pavement engineering and intelligent transportation systems. It will establish the Chair Professor as a Strategic Advisor.
- MoRTH will act as a chair at IIT Madras and focus on research and development (R&D), teaching and training in traffic and highway engineering.
- Research work includes hydrogen cell transportation, novel toll system, incident management system, traveller information system, FastTAG data analysis and traffic simulations.
- The chair professor will connect with the Standard and Research (S&W) wing of the ministry. It will provide support in the area of ‘traffic and highway engineering’.
About the Programme
i.The programme will give a boost to PhD research works in the areas selected by MoRTH. The institution will train 8-10 students including MoRTH’s nominated officers in the field of highway engineering.
ii.The chair professor will provide advisory guidance to the Highway Research Board of Indian Road Congress for better monitoring of R&D and will act as an ambassador of highway development in India.
About Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH)-
Minister: Nitin Jairam Gadkari (Nagpur, Maharashtra)
Minister of State: General (Retd.) Vijay Kumar Singh (Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh)
WHO Forms Expert Group ‘SAGO’ to study into COVID-19 origin
The World Health Organisation(WHO) created a new advisory group “The International Scientific Advisory Group for Origins of Novel Pathogens” or ‘SAGO’ to study into the origin of the COVID-19.
- The advisory group will develop a global framework to study the emergence of future pathogens with pandemic potential.
- For SARS-CoV-2, SAGO will support the undertaking of recommended studies outlined in the March 2021 report.
BANKING & FINANCE
World Bank’s IFC Extended Rs 557 crore Debt Support to IndoSpace Logistics FundInternational Finance Corporation (IFC), the investment arm of World Bank, has extended loan support of $75 million (~Rs 557 crore) to Indospace Logistics Parks III LP, a $580-million vintage fund for developing logistics and industrial parks across India.
- Objective: To enhance warehousing and supply chain infrastructure in India
- Indospace will use the investment to develop an efficient logistics ecosystem in India and facilitate domestic and foreign trade.
- The investment will also support it to build a warehouse in Luhari III, a site near Gurgaon, Delhi, and other key areas in North India.
- The current funding will also strengthen the warehousing facilities to accommodate the demand for essentials, like pharmaceuticals and Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG).
About International Finance Corporation (IFC):
Establishment – 1956
Headquarters – Washington D.C., USA
MD, Executive Vice President – Makhtar Diop
>>Read Full News
ICICI, StanChart, HSBC Entered into India’s 1st Swaption Deal ICICI Bank had executed India’s 1st set of ‘swaption’ deals with HSBC and Standard Chartered Bank.
- ICICI Bank and the two overseas lenders transacted ‘swaptions’ on Overnight Index Swap (OIS) for a total notional sum of Rs 700 crore.
- The Reserve Bank of India issued guidelines for ‘swaption’ deals in June 2019.
- Interest Rate Swaption: It is an option on IRS. A swaption contract gives the buyer the right, but not the obligation (not bound), to enter into an Interest Rate Swap deal.
- Swaption will protect the borrowers and investors from changing interest rate scenarios by enabling them to fix an interest rate on future borrowings through the option on an IRS.
About ICICI Bank:
Establishment – 1955 (Incorporated in 1994)
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Sandeep Bakhshi
Tagline – Hum hai na, Khayal Apka
>>Read Full News
Kotak Mahindra Bank introduces a DIY Digital Repayment platform, in tie-up with Creditas Solutions
Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMBL) in partnership with Creditas Solutions launched a secure Digital Repayment ‘Neo Collections’ Platform for missed loan repayments named ‘Do It Yourself (DIY)’.
- Objective: To provide a convenient repayment experience for customers and increase efficiency.
- The repayment platform was powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). It provides a personalised and non-intrusive experience for the customers to repay their outstanding dues by themselves.
- The platform analyses both historical as well as live customer interaction data, and creates hyper-personalised scenarios to connect with each customer. It also provides the language choice for the customers.
- The platform also offers customised repayment plans or payment resolution options in line with the bank’s internal credit guidelines.
About Kotak Mahindra Bank Limited (KMBL):
Establishment – 1985
Headquarters – Mumbai, Maharashtra
MD & CEO – Uday Kotak
RBI Allowed HDFC Bank to Issue New Credit Cards
In August 2021, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) had removed the restriction imposed on HDFC Bank after 8 months and allowed it to issue new credit cards. However, the restrictions on the bank’s new offerings under its Digital 2.0 were not removed.
- Background: On December 2, 2020, the RBI has stopped HDFC which has the largest credit card base in India from issuing new credit cards due to its series of digital banking outages.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
TCS hits Rs 13 lakh crore market-cap; 1st IT & 2nd Indian company to achieve the feat
The market capitalisation(market-cap or m-cap) of the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) has reached around Rs 13 Lakh crore on BSE. TCS became the first Information Technology(IT) company to cross the 13 lakh crore mark and the 2nd Indian company after Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) to achieve the feat.
- According to the BSE, as of 17th August 2021, In the overall market cap ranking, TCS stands second with Rs 1314051.01 crore, and RIL stands first with Rs. 1371823.79 crore market cap.
AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
Minister of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal Conferred National IP Awards 2020Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce and Industry(MoCI) conferred the National Intellectual Property(IP) Awards 2020 to the winners during the award ceremony held on 17th August 2021.
Click here for the list of winners and special citations
- Each award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 Lakh, trophy and citation.
About the National IP Awards:
i.The National IP Awards, the annual awards, are conferred by the Office of Controller General of Patents, Designs and Trade Marks (CGPDTM), Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT), Ministry of Commerce and Industry,
ii.The award recognises the top achievers(individuals, institutions, organisations, enterprises, police units and other legal entities) for IP creation, commercialization and enforcement, which has contributed to strengthening the IP Ecosystem in India.
Reduction of filing fee:
Union Minister Piyush Goyal announced the 80% reduction in the total filing fee for Intellectual Property Rights (IPRs) (from Rs 4,24,500 to Rs. 84,900) to all recognized educational institutions irrespective of whether such institute is in India or outside India.
India Recorded 572% Growth in the Grant of Patents:
i.Piyush Goyal highlighted that by granting 28,391 patents in 2020-21, India has recorded a 572% growth in the grant of patents in the last 7 years, compared to the 4227 grants in 2013-2014.
ii.He also stated that the reduction in time of patent examination from 72 months in December 2016 to 12-24 months in December 2020.
iii.The trademark registration has increased in India, there have been 14.2 lakh trademark registrations between 2016 and 2020, as compared to 11 lakh during the previous 75 years from 1940-2015.
India’s rank in the Global Innovation Index (GII) has improved to 48th in 2020 which was at 81 in 2015-2016.
The ministry aims to get India among the top 25 nations in the Global Innovation index.
About Ministry of Commerce & Industry(MoCI):
Union Minister– Piyush Goyal (Rajya Sabha- Maharashtra)
Minister of State– Som Parkash(Constituency- Hoshiarpur, Punjab) & Anupriya Patel (Constituency- Mirzapur, Uttar Pradesh)
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
DST launches 3 Online Applications to collect the geospatial data for Government
Prof. Ashutosh Sharma, Secretary, Department of Science & Technology (DST), Government of India has launched 3 Online Applications which will make for the 1st time geospatial data collected by the government freely and easily available to citizens and Organisations in India. The 3 Online application are
i.Survey of India (SOI) GeoSpatial Data Dissemination Portal
ii.SOI’s Sarathi Web Geographical Information System (GIS) Application
iii.Manchitran, the enterprise Geoportal of National Atlas & Thematic Mapping Organisation (NATMO)
GeoSpatial Data Dissemination Portal
It is developed by SOI. The portal contains digital products like Digital Geographical Map, Political Map, Digital Geographical Road Map, Digital Geographical Physical Map of India and Open Series Map Scale
SOI’s Sarathi Web GIS Application
It will bring GIS into the hands of people by saving time and resources in Data validation which will facilitate scheme SVAMITVA (Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improved technology in Village Areas)
i.It is developed by NATMO. The portal will provide extended services and serve the requirements of Students, Researchers, Industry, Policy makers etc…
ii.The geoportal contains data that NATMO has acquired for the past 65 years
About Survey of India (SOI)
Surveyor General of India – Naveen Tomar
Headquarters – Dehradun, Uttarakhand
About National Atlas & Thematic Mapping Organisation (NATMO)
Director – Dr.Tapati Banerjee
Headquarters – Kolkata, West Bengal
>>Read Full News
Virendra Kumar Social Justice Minister Launched TAPAS, To Offer Social Defence CoursesDr. Virendra Kumar, Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, launched an online portal TAPAS (Training for Augmenting Productivity and Services) to offer access to lectures, study materials and others, supplementing the physical classroom without compromising teaching quality.
- It was developed by the National Institute of Social Defence(NISD), Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- TAPAS prospectus and an informative video on Online Learning Management System was also released.
Objective of TAPAS:
To offer training and enhance the knowledge and skills for the capacity building of the participants
Training for Augmenting Productivity and Services (TAPAS):
i.The courses offered in TAPAS can be assessed by anyone at free of cost.
ii.This will enable the ministry to reach out to the people working in the area of social defence.
iii.The platform offers various courses in the field of social defence for the capacity building of stakeholders.
iv.The platform also offers 5 free courses on Drug (Substance) Abuse Prevention, Geriatric/Elderly Care, Care and Management of Dementia, Transgender Issues and Social Defence Issues.
i.TAPAS, a standard MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) platform has course material like filmed lectures and e-study material.
ii.Discussion forums to support and encourage interactions among students and course coordinators are also available in TAPAS.
About Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment:
Union Minister– Dr Virendra Kumar (Constituency- Tikamgarh Madhya Pradesh)
Minister of State– A. Narayanaswamy (Constituency- Chitradurga, Karnataka); Ramdas Athawale (Constituency- Rajya sabha- Maharashtra) & Pratima Bhoumik (Constituency- Tripura West, Tripura)
Japan’s Maki Kaji, the Godfather of Sudoku passes away at 69Maki Kaji (69), widely known as the Godfather of Sudoku for his role in creating one of the World’s most popular puzzles, passed away due to Bile duct cancer in Tokyo, Japan.
- He was born in October 1951 in Hokkaido, Japan.
- Kaji was the Co-founder of Nikoli Limited, a Japanese based puzzle magazine launched in 1980.
- Kaji’s interest with a game called Number place was later renamed as ‘Sudoku’ – a Japanese word meaning Single Numbers.
- Sudoku challenges people to fill a grid of 9 x 9 blocks, with 9 boxes in each block so that all columns, both vertical and horizontal, contain the numbers from 1 to 9 without repetition
BOOKS & AUTHORS
Bimal Prasad and Sujata Prasad Authored Book titled “The Dream of Revolution: A Biography of Jayaprakash Narayan” A book titled “The Dream of Revolution: A Biography of Jayaprakash Narayan” will be launched on August 23, 2021. The book is written by the historian Bimal Prasad and author Sujata Prasad.
- It contains the biography of the great revolutionary leader and independence activist Bharat Ratna, Jayaprakash Narayan, also known as JP or Lok Nayak.
- The book will be published by the Penguin Random House India.
About the Book
The book presents a comprehensive study of JP’s life and ideas right from the initial development of his thought process.
About Jayaprakash Narayan:
Jayaprakash Narayan posthumously received India’s highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna(1999), for “invaluable contribution to the freedom struggle and upliftment of the poor and downtrodden”
Born :11 October 1902, Bihar.
New Book “Operation Trojan Horse: A Novel Inspired by True Events” Authored by Abhishek Sharan & D.P. Sinha“Operation Trojan Horse: A Novel Inspired by True Events” authored by Abhishek Sharan and Divya Prakash Sinha (D.P. Sinha) is a novel inspired by various true events like the 26/11 Mumbai attacks and India’s fight against terrorism.
- The book was published by HarperCollins Publishers India Pvt. Ltd.
- The book features the true stories of the men who risked their lives and infiltrated the Lashkar-e-Taiba in the enemy country to protect India.
Operation Trojan Horse:
i.The idea of the Operation Trojan Horse is to plant the Indian soldiers in Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) and Pakistan terror-sponsoring infrastructures and neutralize their terror operations in India.
ii.It was the first of its kind counter-terror mission of India.
Abhishek Sharan, a Mumbai based independent journalist, is a senior crime journalist who has been reporting on terror attacks in India for the past 2 decades.D.P. Sinha, a former IPS officer of the 1979 batch, joined the Intelligence Bureau (IB) in 1987 and served at different ranks.
- He has served as the special director of the operations wing of the IB.
- In 2016, he was deputed to the Central information commission.
Chhattisgarh Govt Launched ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’ for Landless WorkersThe government of Chhattisgarh launched the ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’ to provide financial assistance of Rs 6000 (annually) for more than 12 lakh Landless workers of Chhattisgarh.
This is a first of its kind scheme that focuses on delivering economic justice for the landless labourers.
The scheme aims to provide a minimum wage to support the landless labourers of Chhattisgarh.
- The scheme was announced by Bhupesh Baghel, the Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh, on 28th July 2021.
- The provision of Rs 200 crores for the scheme was included in the supplementary budget of the Financial year 2021-2022.
Governor– Anusuiya Uikey
Wildlife Sanctuary– Bhairamgarh Wildlife Sanctuary; Bhoramdeo Wildlife Sanctuary;
Sarangarh-Gomarda Wildlife Sanctuary
Tiger Reserve– Udanti Sitanadi Tiger Reserve; Indravati Tiger Reserves; Achanakmar Tiger Reserve
>>Read Full News
Current Affairs Today (AffairsCloud Today)
|S.no||Current Affairs 19 August 2021|
|1||WCD Minister Smriti Irani launches 2nd Phase of SAMVAD in Bengaluru, Karnataka|
|2||Tata Power Solar receives 50MW Solar PV & 50 Mwh Battery Storage Project in Leh, Ladakh|
|3||60th PE Survey FY20: Net Profit of CPSEs Decreased by 20% to Rs 1.38 Lakh Crore|
|4||BDL, MBDA signs agreement to manufacture ASRAAM missiles in Telangana|
|5||HAL signs Rs 5,375-crore contract with GE Aviation for supply of engines for Tejas|
|6||UN Women and MyGov Launched Amrit Mahotsav Shri Shakti Challenge 2021|
|7||SEP 3.0 launched by Atal Innovation Mission in association with Dassault Systemes Foundation|
|8||Indian Navy and Royal Bahrain Navy begins 4-day Maritime Partnership Exercise in Bahrain|
|9||Govt notifies RoDTEP rates, guidelines|
|10||IIT Madras is Collaborating with MoRTH for Road Safety Planning and Intelligent Transport System|
|11||WHO forms new expert group to continue studies into origins of Covid-19|
|12||World Bank’s IFC Extended Rs 557 crore Debt Support to IndoSpace Logistics Fund|
|13||In a first, ICICI, StanChart and HSBC enter ‘swaption’ deals|
|14||Kotak Mahindra Bank introduces a DIY Digital Repayment platform, in tie-up with Creditas Solutions|
|15||Reserve Bank allows HDFC Bank to sell new credit cards|
|16||TCS hits Rs 13 lakh crore m-cap, becomes 2nd Indian company to reach the milestone after RIL|
|17||Piyush Goyal confers National Intellectual Property Awards 2020|
|18||DST launches 3 Online Applications- SOI’s GeoSpatial Data Dissemination Portal, SOI’s Sarthi Web GIS Application and NATMO’s Manchitran|
|19||Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment Dr. Virendra Kumar launches TAPAS|
|20||Japan’s Maki Kaji, the Godfather of Sudoku passes away at 69|
|21||The Dream of Revolution: A Biography of Jayaprakash Narayan Book written by Bimal Prasad and Sujata Prasad|
|22||New Book “Operation Trojan Horse: A Novel Inspired by True Events” Authored by Abhishek Sharan & D.P. Sinha|
|23||Chhattisgarh Govt Launched ‘Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Bhumihin Majdur Nyay Yojana’ for Landless Workers|