Chinese Academy of Sciences would launch its first experimental quantum communication satellite in July 2016 whose communications cannot be intercepted.
Announced by: Pan Jianwei, Professor of University of Science and Technology of China
- First quantum communication through a satellite in the world
- Quantum communication enhances ultra-high security as a quantum photon can neither be separated nor duplicated
- It is impossible to wiretap, intercept or crack the information transmitted through it
Chinese Academy Sciences Project:
- Includes launch of a satellite and building of four ground stations for quantum communication and one space quantum teleportation experiment station
- State run New Agency Xinhua stated that on Completion, the satellite able to establish quantum optical links simultaneously with two ground bases thousands of km apart
- Chinese scientists have taken five years to design and develop
- It will be transported to Jiuquan Satellite Launch Centre in June 2016
- Art of transferring a quantum state from one place to another.
- Quantum communication is built on a set of disruptive concepts and technologies.
About Chinese Academy Sciences:
- Established: 1949
- Headquarters: Beijing
- President: Bai Chunli