Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Ratio & Proportion , which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- Divide Rs.2340 into three parts, such that first part be double that of second part and second part be 1/3 of the third part.Find the Third part amount?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.Rs.1170
First: Second: Third = 2:1:3
Third part = 3*2340/6 = 1170
- The ratio of income of A and B is 2:3. The sum of their expenditure is Rs.8000 and the amount of savings of A is equal to the amount of expenditure of B.What is the their ratio of sum of income to their sum of savings?
E.None of theseAnswer -A.5:3
2I-E + E = 8000
I = 4000
Sum of their Income = 5*I = 5*4000 = 20,000
Sum of their Savings = 20000-8000 = 12,000
20000:12000 = 5:3
- There are 2 containers of equal capacity. The ratio of milk to water in the first container is 4:5 and in the second container is 3:7.If they are mixed up then the ratio of milk to water in the mixture will be
E.None of theseAnswer – D.67:113
4+5 = 9=> 40:50
3+7 = 10=> 27:63
40+27 : 50:63 = 67:113
- There are two numbers. When 25% of the first number is added to the second number, the resultant number is 1.5times th first number.What is the ratio of 1st number to the 2nd number ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.4:5
A+25/100 + B = 1.5A
A/4 + B = 15A/10
10A+40B = 60A
50A = 40B
A/B = 4/5
- A bag contains 10p,25p and Rs50p coins in the ratio of 5:2:1 respectively. If the total money in the bag is Rs.120.Find the number of 25p coins in that bag?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.160
10*5 : 25*2 : 50*1 = 50:50:50 = 1:1:1
120/3 = Rs.40
Rs. 1 = 4
Rs.40 = 4*40 = 160 coins
- The ratio of Ganesh’s age and his mother’s age is 5:12.The difference of their ages is 21.The ratio of their ages after 4 years will be
E.None of theseAnswer – D.19:40
12x – 5x = 21
7x = 21
X = 3
5:12 = 15:36
After 4 years = 19:40
- The ratio of students of three classes is 2:3:4. If 12 students are increased in each classes then their ratio turns into 13:18:23. What was the total number of students in all the three classes originally ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.225
15 students increased
65:90:115 => 13:18 :23
Total no of students = 50+75+100 = 225
- Ravi and Govind have money in the ratio 5 : 12 and Govind and Kiran also have money in the same ratio 5 : 12. If Ravi has Rs. 500, Kiran has
E.None of theseAnswer – B.Rs.2880
Ravi : Kiran = 5/12* 5/12 = 25/144
Kiran = 144*500/25 = 2880
- A town with a population of 1000 has provision for 30days, after 10 days 600 more men added, how long will the food last at the same rate ?
B.14 ½ days
C.12 ½ days
E.None of theseAnswer – C.12 ½ days
1000*20/1600 = 12 1/2 days
- A man spends Rs.2480 to buy lunch box Rs.120 each and bottles at Rs.80 each,What will be the ratio of maximum number of bottles to lunch box are bought ?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.13:12
Check the ans using option
13*80+ 12*120 = 1040+1440 = 2480
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.