Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Ratio & Proportion , which is common for IBPS, SBI, RBI, IPPB, LIC, SSc and all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- An amount of money is to be divided between P, Q and R in the ratio of 3:7:12. If the difference between the shares of P and Q is Rs.X, and the difference between Q and R’s share is Rs.3000. Find the total amount of money?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.13200
12a-7a = 3000
5a = 3000
a = 600
7a-4a = x
3a = x
x = 1800
22*600 = 13200
- If a certain amount X is divided among A, B, C in such a way that A gets 2/3 of what B gets and B gets 1/3 of what C gets, which of the following is true
A.C’s Share = 1053 and X = 1666
B.A’s Share = 238 and X = 1638
C.B’s Share = 234 and X = 1666
D.C’s Share = 1053 and X = 1638
E.A’s Share = 351 and X = 1638Answer – D.C’s Share = 1053 and X = 1638
A= 2/3 B; B= 1/3C;
A:B = 2:3 ; B:C = 1:3;
A:B:C = 2:3:9
C = 9/14 * 1638 = 1053
- Seats for Mathematics, Science and arts in a school are in the ratio 5:7:8. There is a proposal to increase these seats by X%, Y% and Z% respectively. And the ratio of increased seats is 2:3:4, which of the following is true?
A.X = 50; Z = 40
B.Y = 40; Z = 50
C.X = 40; Z = 75
D.X = 50; Z = 40
E.Y = 50; X = 75Answer – C.X = 40; Z = 75
Number of increased seats are (140% of 5x), (150% of 7x) and (175% of 8x)
i.e., (140/100 * 5x), (150/100 * 7x) and (175/100 * 8x)
i.e., 7x, 21x/2 and 14x
Required ratio = 7x:21x/2:14x
= 14x : 21x : 28x = 2:3:4
- An amount of money is to be distributed among P, Q and R in the ratio of 7:4:5 respectively. If the total share of P and R is 4 times the share of Q, what is definitely Q’s share?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.Data inadequate
Total sum not given
- Two candles of same height are lighted at the same time. The first is consumed in 3 hours and second in 2 hours. Assuming that each candles burns at a constant rate, in how many hours after being lighted, the ratio between the first and second candles becomes 2:1?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.4.5 hour
Height of both candles are same i.e. h
First one takes 6 hours to burn completely, so in one hour = h/3
Similarly second one will burn in one hour = h/2
Let after t time, ratio between their height is 2:1
so, remaining height of first candle = h – t*(h/3)
similarly for second candle = h – t*(h/2)
ratio given 2:1,
h – t*(h/3) / h – t*(h/2) = 2/1
Solving we get t = 9/2 = 4.5
- If A and B together have a certain amount X and if 4/15 of A’s amount is equal to 2/5 of B’s amount, which of the following is true?
A.A = 1767; X = 2675
B.B = 1070; X = 2895
C.A = 1767; X = 2945
D.B = 1158; X = 2585
E.A = 1605; X = 2945Answer – C.A = 1767; X = 2945
4/15 * A = 2/5 * B
A= 2/3 B;
A:B = 3:2;
A = 3/5 * 2945 = 1767
- A sum of Rs.4880 was divided among boys and girls in such a way that each boy gets Rs.44.50 and each girl get Rs. 55.25. If the total number of girls and boys is 100, find the number of girls?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.40
x+y=100 ————– (i)
44.50x + 55.25y = 4880 ————– (ii)
Solving (i) and (ii) Y = 40
- The income of Vinay and Prakash are in the ratio of 4:5 and their expenditure is in the ratio of 2:3. If each of them saves 5000, then find their income.
E.None of theseAnswer – C.15000, 8750
4x – 2y = 5000 and 5x – 3y = 5000.
X = 8750, so income = 8750 and 15000
- If the ratio of the first to second is 2:3 and that of the second to the third is 5: 8, then which of the following is true,
A.Sum = 98; A = 48
B.Sum = 147; B = 30
C.Sum = 147; C = 45
D.Sum = 98; B = 30
E.Sum = 98; C = 72Answer – D.Sum = 98; B = 30
A:B:C = 10:15:24
If sum = 98, B = 15/49 * 98 = 30
- A bag contains 25p coins, 50p coins and 1 rupee coins whose values are in the ratio of 8:4:2.If the total values of coins isX and the total amount in rupees is Y,thenwhich of the following is true
A.X = 840; Y = 260
B.X = 966; Y = 345
C.X = 840; Y = 280
D.X = 740; Y = 260
E.None of theseAnswer – C.X = 840; Y = 280
Value is given in the ratio 8:4:2.
(8x/0.25) + (4x/0.5) + (2x/1) = 840.
X = 20. Total amount, Y = 14*20 = 280