Hello Aspirants. Welcome to Online Quantitative Aptitude section in AffairsCloud.com. Here we are creating question sample in Ratio & Proportion , which is common for all the competitive exams. We have included Some questions that are repeatedly asked in exams !!
- The students in 3 classes are in the ratio 3:4:5.If 20 students added in each class, the ratio becomes 5:6:7.Find the total no of students in all the 3 classes now ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.180
5x+6x+7x+ 18x = 180
Check 3x+4x+5x = 12x = 120
120+60 = 180
- Two equal containers are filled with water and acid. The concentration of acid in each container is 20% and 30%. What is the ratio of water in both the containers respectively ?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.8:7
Acid : 20 30
Water : 80 70 => 8:7
- A horse takes 8 steps for every 5 steps of a fox, but 6 steps of a fox are equal to the 3 steps of the horse. What is the ratio of the speed of horse to the fox ?
E.None of theseAnswer – B.16:5
6 step fox=3 step horse = 2:1
16 step fox=8step horse=5 step fox
16 step fox=5 step fox
- The ratio of age of Krish and her mother is 5:12 and difference of their ages is 21. What will be the ratio of their ages after 3 years ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.6:13
12x-5x =>7x = 21
Present ratio = 15:36
After 3 years = 18:39 = 6:13
- A started a business with Rs.32,000 after 4 months B joins with the business by investing Rs.48,000.At the end of the year, in what ratio should share their profit ?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.1:1
32000*12 : 48,000*8 = 32*12 : 42*8
384 : 384 = 1:1
- A working partner gets 25% as his commissions after his commissions paid that is equal to Rs.7500, then what is the total profit ?
E.None of theseAnswer – C.Rs.37,500
25/100*[x-7500] = 7500
x-7500 = 7500*100/25 =30,000
x = 37,500
- Equal quantities of 3 mixtures of milk and water are mixed in the ratio 1:3, 2:3 and 3:4.The ratio of water and milk in the new mixture is
E.None of theseAnswer – B.151:269
Milk = 1/4 : 2/5 :3/7
= 35/140 :56/140 : 60/140
Quantity of milk in new mix = 35+56+60 = 151
Quantity of water in new mix = 140*3 = 420-151 = 269
M:W = 151:269
- The speed of P, Q and R are in the ratio of 2:3:6, what is the ratio of time taken by each one of them for the same distance ?
E.None of theseAnswer – D.3:2:1
Speed = ½ : 1/3: 1/6
Time = 3:2:1
- The ratio of income of X and Y is 4:3. The sum of their expenditure is Rs.12,000 and the amount of savings is X is equal to the amount of expenditure of Y.What is the salary of Y?
E.None of theseAnswer – A.9000
X’s saving = Expenditure of Y = S
4x-S + S = 12000
X = 3000
3x =3*3000 = 9000
- When 7 is added to the numerator and denominator of the fraction, then the new ratio of numerator and denominator becomes 13:19, what is the original ratio ?
D.Can’t be determined
E.None of theseAnswer – D.Can’t be determined
X+7/y+7 = 13/19 x and y are different variable ,so original fraction cannot be determined
Note : Dear Friends if u know an alternate methods or shortcuts related to any chapter, you can share here.